Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

How did you react to seeing your first dead casualty? Were you trained to deal with it at all?

Background: I was never in the armed forces but I used to work in all the "fun" places and the first death I saw was a man hacked to death in front of our compound gates over an argument about pigs. It was surreal and just seemed like I was watching a film rather than a man spilling his brains, and it never disturbed me in the slightest, and I always wondered if it should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Pesticide20 posted:

Yes, that is true. It's called Edelweiss and is located in the town of Garmisch. When I was in Italy I went there for a weekend as part of a single soldier retreat (every company sent a few people and I was lucky enough to go). The resort is open to military members and their families, and I think retired military as well. It's basically a government run resort and is a huge morale booster for people that are stationed in Europe. If Congress shut it down they'd more than likely face a huge backlash from the military and public.

http://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com/

If you're still in and haven't gone I honestly cannot recommend the place enough. Go. It is an incredible deal and super fun. There's stuff to do year round, so don't think it's only for the winter.

Eligibility: http://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com/reservation-eligibility

You should also point out that Garmisch is exactly what you imagine a small German town to be with the most amazingly decorated houses you will ever see.

Add snow, the right time of year [Christmas market time], the right girl and you'll never get out of bed except to drink gluwine naked on the balcony whilst catching snowflakes on your cock.

Erm.... so I have been told.

Actual real life tears of joy thinking of that week I was there :D

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

If you were a person just looking for help through college, would it be possible to join any branch of the military and just wing it for however many number of years? I have no idea, but get a job driving a bus round the airfield and remain the lowest rank going, take no responsibility, just head down arse up for 3 years?

Would you be found out or would you need to be Buddah not to crack first?

• Locked thread