Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
you have to be pretty retarded to join the military, and most people do so right out of high school. the senior leadership are just those same retarded high schoolers whos entire adult life has been in this weird loving lord of the flies bullshit so they dont know how to act like real people. its a big nasty retarded vicious cycle basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
29 palms is real bad

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Suicide Watch posted:

What do people in the military stateside do when they're not doing PT, field exercises, or cleaning? Like I know the military isn't a 9-5 job so they must be filling up their time with something?

hazing or being hazed mostly

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
look here boot, when i come into your room at 2 am drunk as gently caress and beat the poo poo out of you in the bathroom, it isnt hazing, its incentive training. tracking?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Lake of Methane posted:

It sounds like there are some parallels to a a typical large business, e.g., mandatory HR training or progressively smaller management divisions repackaging word from higher-up and adding more.

So, in a big corporation, anyone who is not an "individual contributor" is in a job that is broadly either a people leader (managers), a product leader (ops and marketing), or a technology leader (R&D), or maybe an S3 role like finance or HR. Do similar analogs exist in the military? Are there salesmen for … products?

we are ministers of death, praying for war! ooooragh

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

suboptimal posted:

What's the average level of medical training that an average individual in a combat arms unit usually receives? Is it limited to "this is how you put on a CAT/pressure dressing, good luck" or is it more involved? What were you mandated to have in your IFAKs, and was there anything extra that you would put in yours?

bootcamp they went through pressure dressings and some other poo poo. when we hit the fleet, the corpsmen were like you guys are too retarded for this. tourniquet everything and call for a corpsman

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

I dunno but those guys are hilarious and pathetic. Some of them are prior military but I get the feeling that most are wannabes. So I gotta give some props to the non mall ninja spec ops airsofters who actually served.

Still it would make more sense for the survivalists to do a job where they're less likely to die, wouldn't it?

the idea that the military would prepare you for a no poo poo survival situation is pretty funny. weirdo prepper idiots who spout that kind of nonsense pretty much assures me theyre loving posers or completely retarded. all my meals were loving provided, i would have starved to death if left to my own devices

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
this is leaving me with a lot of complex emotions

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
arent dolphins horrible rapists anyway?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
^^ just become a stripper instead, its more dignified

but this other planes number is way higher! the f22 was only 4 numbers higher than our last fighter. this one is way higher!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

The problem with the thought process is they don't put you in situations you will face when poo poo goes sideways in war. If they had you folding socks and trying to navigate your surroundings as a unit under a low crawl grid with random explosions going off, it would make sense. Sitting on a bench while flight leaders hit you with pointer rods serves no purpose. Also, your goal needs to be teaching everyone to work as a team, not having one person bust their rear end while the rest of the flight beat and sabotage them. Which was routine in my flight before they pulled one DI and 7 people.

This does not apply to those asking about US military.

Because there are instructors who will pick someone out and, for shits and giggles, beat them.

do you actually think beatings are endemic in military training? especially in the loving air force of all places? perhaps you just got real unlucky and one of your dis was a sociopath?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
like there would be occasional acts of mild violence against a recruit, but the worst i got was being shaken around like a ragdoll. one kid got accidentally poked in the eye when a di misjudged the distance, and another got his head bounced off of concrete when a di yanked his collar up and down while he was pushing. kid got concussed and dropped from training. di disappeared for a few days. i wouldnt call anything i saw or had done to me a beating, but maybe thats because i had an abusive stepfather who actually use to beat my rear end on the reg

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
who doesnt want to sound like crackhead kermit?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
a dude in my company got sent to some rehab program for like a month after he got trashed at the enlisted club, then crashed his car and was found passed out naked along the road by the mps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Dude, that should be fast tracked to corporal, he went above and beyond

we had a meritorious corporal piss hot for meth after the ball, so our bar was kinda high

• Locked thread