Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I hear a lot of stories where people get basically treated like idiot children, also where they act like idiot children, which is the cause and which is the effect? In civilian life I think a lot of those shenanigans lead to summary firings which obviously aren't a thing for the military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Rat posted:

For a good while I felt guilty that I didn't do my utmost best on deployment, that I was just a stupid, immature kid. Took me years to realize that we were all stupid, immature kids, because what the hell else can you expect out of a platoon full of 21 year old infantry grunts?

The kind of person who worries about that is probably the one who did a good job anyway lol

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Depends on rear end size

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 28, 2017

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Man I know it's been touched on before but are you guys really like magical beasts that no civilian can understand? I'm a merchant mariner and spend half the year out at sea on 1000 foot ships with 20 man crews and everything and I just got told the other day that I can NEVER UNDERSTAND the struggles of being a supply officer in the Navy. I mean obviously I can't understand combat or whatever but a lot of military jobs sound pretty comprehensible after doing 50-100% travel industrial work my whole working life.

• Locked thread