Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Lurkers come out, ask questions you fucks.

HOOAHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Steezo posted:

Ideally size and mobility, something about a QRF that can be anywhere in 24 hours or less ready to fight. So basically they can be somewhere drawing dicks on everything a little faster than the army and sometimes in more loving detail.

By faster than I mean the entire army, not specialized units so forth and so on. What began as naval infantry centuries ago has had its role expanded and revised so often they now fight to be the first to draw dicks on things in new conflicts.

A little redundancy in the service can be a good thing since it means you've got enough people to go around and make sure you get some variety in dicks drawn on poo poo. Parachute dicks, swimming dicks with rifles assaulting the shore, dicks disembarking a helicopter and getting security, dicks on boats, dicks building fobs and bridges, dicks lobbing bombs, dick unicorns, purple opsec dick dragons with nutsack wings, a cannon cock manned by smaller dicks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqZNPPpFSkM

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Looks like I got some competition for my EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM rendition of Caro's Syria adventure.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
CAVEAT

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
One time I was stationed at an Iraqi police station with some random fucks from all across our batallion. My old platoon came into for a visit or whatever the gently caress and my old squad leader and buddies yell for me to come on over. They ask if I can take the trash out from their Bradley. I take it out and then realize it's a trashbag full of liquid poo poo.

Also at the same police station I'd pull poo poo burning duty (lol) because it's better than filling sand bags and lugging them up four stories to build fighting positions. Pour gasoline in, stir with a 2x4, smoke a cigarette while the poo poo fumes waft into my nostrils. I didn't even care that I ended each day smelling like poo poo and diesel, at least it was easy.

Third story, also at the police station. I was up on one of the fighting positions on the roof about 4-5 in the morning and absolutely loving exhausted since we'd been getting 4 hours of sleep, and then pulling 16 hours of guard duty or some crazy poo poo. I've got my pile of water bottles on my right side, and the bottles I've pissed in on the left. I got so tired that at one point I accidentally picked up one of my piss bottles. It got into my mouth and then I realized what it was. It was warm and salty. I sprayed piss out of my mouth all over the fighting position. That woke me up real good.

Also also nothing beats having running explosive shits in a portashitter in 130 degree heat. You don't know what's worse, sweating to the point it's turned into a loving sauna or the fact that your entire digestive system is getting evacuated into a container of other people's liquid poo poo and piss. At least there's dick art on the wall to comfort me.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh man I almost forgot. My driver thought it'd be funny if he drove fullspeed through the shitwater in the streets of Baghdad to try to tag me with it while I was up on the 240. It got in my face and a little in my mouth. I'm pretty sure that's how I ended up with tuberculosis right when we got back to Germany.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't know, but I do know that interacting with the Canadians, Belgians, Slovaks, Poles, Brits, and the French....the French just looked at us like we were idiot scum and didn't even want to talk. This was a bunch of French Air Force people so I dunno. The French Canadians we worked with who were also infantry were the most friendly and chill dudes we met. The other Canadians we worked with cool as gently caress also. The British POGs at Lashkar Gah didn't want anything to do with us but we went to a range with their infantry and we got along great. We opened up with the .50 cal and one guy goes "WOOOOOOO!!!!! That's fuckin' AMERICA!" And then we let them shoot our m203's at which point their SGM came out screaming his head off about shooting explosives on a rifle range. Belgian Air Force we let play around in our Strykers and our guns, they let us play around in their F-16s. But yeah, the French Air Force were douchenozzles. They even got pissy when I started taking pictures of their Mirage fighters, whereas the Belgians were like yeah shoot away but had already warned us that the French were assholes.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I mean, really, were they wrong?

Nah they hit it right on the money but I just wanted to be friendly with allied forces :smith:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Didn't have much interaction with them except for when we worked together when KAF had an intruder alert, but yeah they seemed to be pretty cool and on point.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the Georgians were hilarious to watch

i saw the georgians for a quick minute pulling chow hall guard duty in the green zone. then they got recalled back home to go fight the russians lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Not much else to post since everyone else seemed to have covered it, I feel the same way. Yeah, I definitely killed some people. Most of it was firefights where you never saw a confirmed kill but we'd roll by their position after they bounced and find blood everywhere etc. That never bothered me. What did bothered me and still fucks with me to this day is seeing kids and random people with a bullet in their brain, body dumped on the street from all the fighting between Shia and Sunni in Baghdad. The thing that fucks with me the most is I killed a guy who didn't even deserve it. We were blocking off an intersection next to the neighborhood market and mosque with our Bradley. I was gunning, and keeping an eye on all the traffic that was being routed back around a traffic circle away from the area we were doing a meet and greet at. A guy and his buddy in a bongo truck decided to do I don't know what the gently caress, he thought he was the exception to all the traffic being rerouted? He decided to slam on the gas towards our vehicles. It happened really quick, I gave some warning shots with the coax 240, and then my TC started screaming to open up on the guy. Could have been a suicide vbied. But it wasn't. The truck kept driving because the dude was dead as gently caress all over the steering wheel and his buddy in the left seat was trying to control the truck away from us. I loving think about it constantly. I hate myself for it, because I took someone's life who was just probably doing his dayjob driving a truck in a wartorn place we completely hosed up. That and the old lady who tried running across the street when us and the iraqi army guys were in a firefight with some assholes down the street. She got caught in the crossfire. All of that poo poo fucks me up, but seeing dead kids is burned into my god drat brain. I can't get it out of my head.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Tias posted:

The 'bad guy' thing stands out. Did you think the opposing forces were bad guys because of a belief in the mission, or was it just doing your job and getting back at the people who shot at your side? What ratio of genuine enthusiasm for winning the war to conditioning/protecting your buddies( or all three) did those of you who were deployed have?

Guys shooting at us = assholes
Guys kidnapping people and kids, shooting them, and then dumping their bodies in the streets = bad guys

Sometimes they were the same people. War loving sucks. I honestly don't hate the guys we fought, we invaded their country. I hate them for killing my friends, just as much as they probably hate me for killing theirs. But the guys going around, dragging some guy and his two young sons into a car right in front of their mom, driving the next street over to have them kneel and pop them all in the head.....gently caress those guys. They deserve death.

I have no illusions that I was protecting America or some bullshit. Maybe I did when I was going to the recruiter's office because I was young and dumb.
It quickly just becomes a black and white "kill them before they kill me and my friends". This is in context of Iraq. I met a lot of Iraqis that were cool people, normal people just trying to live their lives. But Afghanistan? gently caress every single male in that entire country. They're backwards dumb as rocks shithead Islam equivalent rednecks who gently caress little boys (and sometimes little girls) as a socially acceptable ritual. Not mincing words, go look up bacha bazi.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah the Mk-19 was fun. Besides guns and the 25mm on the Bradley I enjoyed using those cellphone kits we had back in the day to dump data from captured phones because despite having been a dumb dumb grunt I'm a huge technology dork as well.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Never had a passport, just used my military ID when I'd fly home from Germany and back.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
He most definitely would do some time for that. Theft of government property, illegal transfer of a machinegun under the national firearms act, etc.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I wish I was a robot with X-ray glasses.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Keeps the sun glare out of the optics. Or at least that's what I gather. Never done it myself.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

holocaust bloopers posted:

Cool. That makes sense. Is that why Colbert's scope cap has a pinhole in it? I've always wondered this.

From what I remember he had a night vision scope right? I think they make caps you out in the front end so you can kind of use it in the day without completely damaging the night vision sensor with the full blaring daylight. I might be completely remembering this wrong, but I seem to remember that kind of poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Federal breast inspector.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Most of the military are alcoholics.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol @ "being culturally sensitive"

the loving iraqi army guys next door to us were drinking those whiskey-in-a-can and getting drunk every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I saw a lot of slightly chubby chicks with really hairy snatches from the Iraqi Army guys showing us on their phones.

I miss going on patrol and driving by the women's college in Baghdad. Some neighborhoods in my sector girls in their twenties would pop their heads out their windows and wave and smile to us and be like "heeeeyyyy!" in English all flirtatious and poo poo.

Those were some of the good memories, along with the guy that would bring his daughters out to see us and wave, we'd always bring them toys and candy :unsmith:
Also soccer balls. When inevitably one of the boys would act like a little shithead and hit one of the girls to steal whatever we gave them, we'd bribe another one of the boys to go sucker punch the other boy and bring the stuff back to the girls.

• Locked thread