Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

:shrug: im such a cuck that id cooperate with the government fully
i'm not sure which one is more cowardly, hiding in a hole becoming a sovcit hermit or submitting yourself to reeducation into the cult of reagan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

Misery depresses me. Ignorance depresses me. Persecution depresses me. Violence depresses me. Corruption depresses me.
I'm antagonistic to the idea of being robbed, exploited, degraded, humiliated, or deceived.
sounds like you need to sack up and punch something that isn't a wall

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

have any other lefties experienced a sudden 180 ideological flip on guns? I was basically for repealing the second amendment six months ago and now it's probably a good thing that I'm poor or i would have bought 2 to 5 guns and a freaking ghillie suit on november 9th
i was always pro-gun as was every non-fairweather non-collaborator leftist :jihad:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Homeless Friend posted:

who gives a poo poo about guns when u got a video card the size of a brick
those shatter pretty easily though

source: me

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

turns out if you let an organization goad a highly psychotic electorate into gun ownership and not do anything about the huge racist problem police have while pushing irresponsible forms of gun control because you don't want to hear anything from responsible gun owners, you get lots of massacres and practically state sanctioned killings. weird

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

your point?
instead of thinking guns are bad because you let a bunch of psychos have them, guns are, in fact, good.

i'm not sure why parts of the left got tricked into supporting slipshod gun control smh

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

no just blow big smoking holes in thier chests
you kind of need a way to hold tens of thousands of amps without combusting whatever's holding them for laser weapons to come to fruition, let alone plasma weapons

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

what about a ghostbusters powerpack with an umbilical to the proper gunny part
the miniature fusion dream is dead :(

at least you can still be a ghostbuster with a flamethrower if you know what I mean

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

it's a microwave and those do less predictable things

microwaves at least use a lot less power

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Who What Now posted:

The navy also came up with a working railgun. The projectiles move so fast they turn the air around them to plasma and destroy the entire weapon every time they fire or some crazy poo poo like that.
their current strategy is to use a less intensive rail to launch a (really expensive) projectile that does the intensive rail thing that destroys itself, good luck with that i guess

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dolash posted:

Guns are, in fact, Still Bad, it's just a sign of the times that things are getting bad enough that they might actually become as necessary as lunatic gun nuts always claimed they'd be. Driven in no small part by those same gun nuts indulging in violent fantasies and being exploited by a proto-fascistic political party until they got their dream yam President, in fact.

A society that's regressed to the point where people really might need guns is a lovely society. There's going to be plenty more "psh, now liberals like guns!" but if smug by-your-logic-ing mattered we wouldn't be in this situation so who cares.
ehyup, we're hitting the godzilla threshold real fast

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

yeah honestly let the peaceable people build the party structure, there's a reason why antifa is deliberately disorganized

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i think it has something to do with no platform and remaining de-centralized in an effort to create cells instead of an organization structure that is easily targeted by law enforcement and other fascists
yeah

it's easy to get inbred sociopaths to rally against something violently, people wanting the goodwill of others not so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

whats a good gun for shooting at a range and also being "useful" in some sort of fantasy castle defense scenario oh and also i live in california

thanks, in advance
marlin 1894 lever action, if you're not used to guns i suggest the .38 special or .357 magnum model

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hmm apparently i was wrong and possession of weed and a gun still falls afoul of the 1968 act but only for guns manufactured outside of california

please tell me at least one gun company has a factory here
kahr arms? some m1 garands would also be eligible but good luck finding one of those for less than 1.5k these days

• Locked thread