Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
John Waters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SirPablo posted:

John Waters?

This, but also Cypress Hill

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Look at his tooth. Watch how it disappears.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It's heading towards Bad Simpsons territory but the pee-wee football episode is great and Joe Namath's guest spot is a brilliant one scene gag

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I mean, I think Cyprus Hill's cameo is great but, uh, I didn't hate the Pumpkins appearance in the same episode. It was brief and on point. Peter Frampton was also good in that one. In fact, it's just a good episode.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Elton John’s “that’s my name! Well, not really” still cracks me up. As does Stephen Hawking saying “Silence. I don't need anyone to talk for me... except this voice box.”

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Adam West

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"Look, it's Tony Bennett!"
"Hey, good to see you."

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Barry White
George Frazier
Conan O'Brien

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Urdnot Fire posted:

Elton John’s “that’s my name! Well, not really” still cracks me up. As does Stephen Hawking saying “Silence. I don't need anyone to talk for me... except this voice box.”

Hawking was better in Futurama though

It was like bonus good that they made him a "fictionalized version of himself" that was all personality and had nothing to do with his disability

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kristy Gets Kancelled was filled with cameos that came across well cause it fit the story.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Data Graham posted:

Hawking was better in Futurama though

It was like bonus good that they made him a "fictionalized version of himself" that was all personality and had nothing to do with his disability

I call it a Hawking chamber

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the episode is hot garbage, but I love how Ron Howard plays a version of himself that's a petulant elitist weirdo that shows up at least once afterwards

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Jollity Farm posted:

I hear gossip that Morrissey was angry about the new episode, though. So there's that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nm...t-2923192%3famp

Oh no, Morrissey is upset! It's true, he never stopped playing great concerts. He only stopped his crappy ones. And if he wants a list of racist things he said, we can produce a list.

We also found out he's an SNL fan too. I bet you he's hoping for a musical guest slot.

Let's put it this way - nobody has given a poo poo what Morrissey thinks. There's a reason why he can never hold onto a record deal in the new millennium despite the fact that his records still sell well. That's how miserable he is to work with.

Edit: and Morrissey has never done a cash grab.

https://mobile.twitter.com/roberthamwriter/status/1188566294460682240

Like, signing a record by another artist and selling it for $300 is not a cash grab. I don't know how you can think that?

Cemetry Gator fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 19, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I can't goddamn find the reference, but I remember reading somewhere that the Hawking's computer couldn't say "Fruitopia" as it was spelled and they had to fiddle around with different spellings until they got it right. or somebody actually had to hack it, maybe

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Cemetry Gator posted:

Like, signing a record by another artist and selling it for $300 is not a cash grab. I don't know how you can think that?

'This is a rare picture of Sean Connery, signed by Roger Moore.'

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Red Hot Chili Peppers were cool guests.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Inspector Gesicht posted:

'This is a rare picture of Sean Connery, signed by Roger Moore.'

I can hear that in Comic Book Guy's voice.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Red Hot Chili Peppers were cool guests.

HEY MOE!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I love that Flea ended up becoming a voice actor after that, unconventional as his role was.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Flea has actually been an actor in bit parts since long before the RHCP hit it big. He's in a ton of poo poo for five seconds.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It’s a terrible episode, but Mark McGwire socking a few dingers and then badly stuffing the satellite printout under his baseball cap with shifty eyes will never not be funny.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Robert Goulet was good. Mark Hamill was pretty good even though it was kind of a garbage episode.

Celebrity cameos were generally good as long as the cameo was relevant to the plot and the celebrity was poking fun at themselves.

I always appreciated how South Park treated celebrity voices early on. Celebrities would reach out to Trey Parker and Matt Stone, eager to do a voice, and they'd say "Sure, you can be a dog or a turkey and make animal sounds". That's how George Clooney ended up as Stan's dog.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Imagined posted:

Flea has actually been an actor in bit parts since long before the RHCP hit it big. He's in a ton of poo poo for five seconds.

I’ll always remember Flea from Back to the Future II and III as Needles :allears:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Also South Park, but I always loved the Thom Yorke reading of, "This poor kid has cancer! In his rear end!"

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1383960680940797956?s=21

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cemetry Gator posted:

Haha holy poo poo

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Cemetry Gator posted:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Does South Park still have that disclaimer card that says "all celebrity voices are impersonated ... badly"?

Lmao just remembering that at the time of its debut we were all still in the throes of the immediately post-Beavis & Butt-head world where you had to put warnings on your diabolical cartoons so kids wouldn't burn down their houses

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Ernest Borgnine was the GOAT

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Let's hear it for Rodney Dangerfield folks, he's alright!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Did he technically play himself though?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

He was Mr. Burns son. That mr burns son was the rodney dangerfield character worked pretty well. Also helps that he's a comedian.

E: in the general sense? It was a character.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 19, 2021

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Cemetry Gator posted:

How much would my copy of the godfather signed by tommy wiseau go for, you think

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

FunkyAl posted:

How much would my copy of the godfather signed by tommy wiseau go for, you think

He would def sign “Coppola loves Tommy” on it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Danny DeVito was awesome as Herb.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
the dana gould episodes all sound like dana gould's stand-up act

like the episode is angry and yelling at you

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I asked my girlfriend what she thought would end first, Detective Conan or The Simpsons. She said probably Detective Conan, because "it'll end when Gosho ends it. Meanwhile Matt Groening left The Simpsons years ago and it's still going." :lmao:

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

WeaponX posted:

He would def sign “Coppola loves Tommy” on it

He signed "The Room =" next to the words The Godfather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

I asked my girlfriend what she thought would end first, Detective Conan or The Simpsons. She said probably Detective Conan, because "it'll end when Gosho ends it. Meanwhile Matt Groening left The Simpsons years ago and it's still going." :lmao: