Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Armitag3 posted:

And if you find that distasteful, father, then I invite you to eat my pantaloons.

Don’t have a milker,father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Captain Star is so repulsive it gives me instant colic pains and it's perfect that way.

Holy crap, someone actually knows about Captain Star other than me. I was so happy to find out it had all been put on YouTube at some point.

It does look like someone drew the show with a vibrating pen though.

Captain Star Complete Playlist

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'd wager tons of people here remember Captain Star in some capacity! And thanks for that link, it gave me diarrhea but it's an entertaining show

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

happyhippy posted:

The best ever animated show was from the UK, and it was called Monkey Dust.

So is Monkey Dust another name for Danger Mouse* and/or Count Duckula*?

* Note: I haven’t seen either show in thirty years and don’t know how well they hold up.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

snailshell posted:

Terrible opinions. Go sit in the corner

Joke's on you, I'm ALREADY sitting in the corner :colbert:

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I love the way she drew that comic. I like that it's viscerally "ugly". I find that enjoyable.

Captain Star is so repulsive it gives me instant colic pains and it's perfect that way.

That comic is viscerally ugly in an unenjoyable way, imho -- kind of like Penny Arcade. The ugliness adds nothing to the story and it's just vomitous for no god drat reason.

Captain Star is far less ugly than the Rebecca Sugar comic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In last week's episode, Homer gets diagnosed by a guy doing a terrible Dr. Hibbert impression with low testosterone so he buys a giant truck to compensate.

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1384560128054210562

Lisa uses the free Slapify (Spotify) service that comes with the truck to find out she likes an artist named Quilloughby, who is Morrissey or something. There's a parody Morrisey video about animal rights, it sucks.

After accidentally eating meat, she starts hallucinating Morrissey, like a straight-up imaginary friend. There's another much-longer parody video about he hates everyone in Springfield written by the Flight of the Conchords guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X09Dcu3cw-w

Lisa basically goes through a moody teen period and takes off for a music festival Morrissey is gonna play at. The real guy live is fat as hell and immediately starts making GBS threads on the audience, eats meat, and starts talking about how much he hates foreigners. This starts a riot that Marge saves her from.

Benedict Cumberbatch played the Morrissey stand-in.

Morrissey pathetically said he'd sue over this episode but he's too broke to.

quote:

“The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit, but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge,” the statement says. “Neither do I have a determined business squad of legal practitioners ready to pounce.”

It's a pretty bad episode but it pissed off Morrissey real bad so maybe it's good after all?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Education's Bollocks

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I feel kinda bad, but the Hibbert VA is awful. His inflection is weird and the read is emotionless.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah, I get why they changed actors, but there's a whole slew of people that can do dead-on impressions that would be thrilled to take the parts

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

It’s objectively so much worse lmao Jesus Christ was that the best they could come up with

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

AHH F/UGH posted:

It’s objectively so much worse lmao Jesus Christ was that the best they could come up with

No one's been doing their best for a good while now.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That SUV parody video is hilarious! I wonder if it’s based on the iconic Canyonero ad from season 9 of the hit tv show The Simpsons?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PostNouveau posted:

Morrissey pathetically said he'd sue over this episode but he's too broke to.

It's a pretty bad episode but it pissed off Morrissey real bad so maybe it's good after all?

This is the funniest thing the show has done in probably a decade.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hibbert's new voice actor is Kevin Micheal Richardson, who is a fantastic VA that already does a poo poo-ton of other memorable voices ("He's got red eyes from smoking weed").

But yeah, imagine you're KMR who's got job security on several other shows, and the producers of The Simpsons come up to you and tell you you're going to be a permanent VA on the show. I'd do a half-assed Hibbert, too.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Holy poo poo, that's the same va as Principal Lewis? He's one of the best parts of AD, wasting his energy and charisma on the Hibbert mess is even more of a crime than I thought

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kevin Michael's been a regular on The Simpsons for years. He's a great VA but has limited range. I just watched through Batman Brave and the Bold and he voiced a lot of characters and they all sounded more or less the same.

I'd like to see how much the replacement VAs are getting paid compared to the ones they replaced.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Family Guy got a VA to replace Cleveland that sounds basically spot-on. In this case I think they just went with a familiar VA, one that they had already worked with, and didn't bother trying to find someone who sounded more appropriate for the character.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Zushio posted:

Holy crap, someone actually knows about Captain Star other than me. I was so happy to find out it had all been put on YouTube at some point.

It does look like someone drew the show with a vibrating pen though.

Captain Star Complete Playlist

never heard of this but apparently it was a nickelodeon show? looks like some mix of klasky-csupo and whoever made the early seasons of doug

PostNouveau posted:

In last week's episode, Homer gets diagnosed by a guy doing a terrible Dr. Hibbert impression with low testosterone so he buys a giant truck to compensate.

what in god's name is this? KMR should have just used his normal speaking voice and it would be significantly more fitting

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I enjoy his other work, but yeah. That "Don't worry!" is a bad read.
Oh, it actually reminds me of Homer pretending to be Mr. Burns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UYNEu6v6AE

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Hibbert is supposed to be a Cosby impression, not 'dark lord who is hunting the bhaalspawn.'

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Mr Interweb posted:

that wasn't joe frazier, that was some baseball guy! :argh:

frazier kicked barney's rear end after he kept telling him to shut up

It was Wade Boggs.

May he rest in peace.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

so he buys a giant truck to compensate.

Again?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Is this the third truck he's bought?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
have no fears

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Homer: "I wish I had a big truck"

Lisa: "You did. His name was Canyonero. You loved him"

Homer: "Oh yeah..."

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

lookin good bart

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It's Bort.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

* Note: I haven’t seen either show in thirty years and don’t know how well they hold up.

Me neither, but. I read on another thread recently someone had gone back and watched classic 80's Dangermouse and there were a whole lot of extremely dodgy caricatures of various ethnicities/countries.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Deptfordx posted:

Me neither, but. I read on another thread recently someone had gone back and watched classic 80's Dangermouse and there were a whole lot of extremely dodgy caricatures of various ethnicities/countries.

That's unfortunately a running theme with 80s and 90s cartoons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Monkey Dust was a skit comedy show from the early 2000s that tackled hot button issues of the day (many of which are still relevant) using satire and recurring characters.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Sentient Data posted:

Holy poo poo, that's the same va as Principal Lewis? He's one of the best parts of AD, wasting his energy and charisma on the Hibbert mess is even more of a crime than I thought

This makes me want to overdub classic hibbett jokes with sarevok lines.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

super sweet best pal posted:

Monkey Dust was a skit comedy show from the early 2000s that tackled hot button issues of the day (many of which are still relevant) using satire and recurring characters.

Sounds like a good show. I’ll check it out.

Deptfordx posted:

I was expecting something like this, what with the show dealing with globe-trotting espionage. That, and

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's unfortunately a running theme with 80s and 90s cartoons.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

The voice work sounds so loving bad. It doesn’t help that it just crams about 30 unfunny low-effort jokes into one scene. They jokes never had time to breath and not a single person running this show understands comedic timing. Kill it with fire.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/theinvisimpsons/status/1388306514297901061?s=21

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

This is sort of the opposite of the lowest point of the Simpsons, but the New Yorker just dropped the first long-form interview John Swartzwelder has ever given.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Porfiriato posted:

This is sort of the opposite of the lowest point of the Simpsons, but the New Yorker just dropped the first long-form interview John Swartzwelder has ever given.

Nice. Have any of y'all ever read any of Swartzwelder's novels? I haven't. Wondering if they're worth a dive.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

PostNouveau posted:

I laughed out loud from the first syllable. How unbelievably terrible.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

That sounds like Principal Lewis from American Dad

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

PinheadSlim posted:

That sounds like Principal Lewis from American Dad

For obvious enough reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU