Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Greg Daniels left KoTH for a while but came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Imagined posted:

I like how sometimes you'll find a Wikipedia entry for like, one character from a show that got cancelled halfway through its first season, and the entry is longer and more detailed than entries for entire actual wars where thousands of people died.

Wikigroaning! I remember reading about that on the front page. https://www.somethingawful.com/news/wikigroaning/

I think my favorite was the Kevin Smith wikipedia article having more detail than the one about God.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's kinda cheating given most of the articles on important topics will be split up into lots of sub articles on more specific topics, with the main article being primarily a summary and index.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

bobjr posted:

The Cleveland Show did last 4 seasons, but I don’t even remember people talking about it in a bad way, it just didn’t seem to exist after the pilot

I remember and continue to have relatively strong opinions about multiple facets of The Cleveland Show. Too bad I'm apparently the only person who does.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Amy strong opinions about Tim the Bear or that unfunny white trash family?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm still shocked that they got Kanye West to voice a caricature of himself for multiple episodes.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Kanye's life is dope and he does dope poo poo.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Fish of hemp posted:

Kanye's life is dumb and he does dumb poo poo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm still shocked that they got Kanye West to voice a caricature of himself for multiple episodes.

Here's the thing about Kenny West.

As far as I know, his age hasn't been determined. However, he has a daughter who is old enough to be in kindergarten with Chanel, a girl who is still in high school. That means that Chanel is at MOST 18, with a 5-year old daughter, which is hosed up regardless of Kenny West's age. The fact that Chanel is interested in Junior, who is 14, means that she either can't be much older than Junior herself -- which means that she had a baby when she was anywhere between 9 and 11 -- or she's a creepy pedo. I really wish that they'd thought this detail out a little more.

I still like Kenny West though. I be-cleve in him.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Huh?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I've got some fond memories of the various three-part parody episodes, even though they're well into the bad seasons. The revenge trilogy with the Monte Cristo and Batman parodies comes to mind. And the one with Hamlet and Joan of Arc?

The Count of Monte Cristo parody has a probably accidental funny bit where they simplify the frame-up into having Homer being framed for having English sympathies, which while a much easier explanation that the Bonapartist plot in the original (which wouldn't need much explanation for the original story's contemporary audience, but can be a little confusing if you're not up on 19th century history) but is actually accurate to the original real-life story that Dumas very loosely based the plot on, where a man was framed for English collaboration, sentenced to service to a wealthy nobleman who took him in as a heir, and used that to seek revenge.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

The Joan of Arc sketch had Groundskeeper Willie leading the English army, but Scotland was allied with France in the 100 years war. I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

bitterandtwisted posted:

The Joan of Arc sketch had Groundskeeper Willie leading the English army, but Scotland was allied with France in the 100 years war. I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

He was invading France because God told him to, though.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6T2nRAazrY

26 years later, and I still giggle like an idiot at this. I love stone-faced Data on the washboard :classiclol:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFfgrPm7-KY

This isn't too terribly bad. You can tell Conan probably wrote it.

Except Conan here looks like dog poo poo. Conan From "Bart Gets Famous" (which aired in 1994) looks more like modern Conan than... this thing. Compare:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Ah yes, Clay Aiken as Conan O'Brien.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Celebrity guests now are drawn like how Funko Pops design their figures. There's a basic model that they'll add one or two distinguishing features to, but you wouldn't know who it's supposed to be without being told.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You know they're the celeb because despite literally being in simpsons style they look like literally nobody else in the show, but still somehow are so unrecognizable that you need Lisa to go "WOW is that (whoever)? The (whatever their fuckin job is)?" as soon as they're on screen.

It's almost impressive.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I just remembered Patty and Selma have done the same Lisa celeb reaction lol. Sorta.

"Richard Dean Anderson!"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I just remembered Patty and Selma have done the same Lisa celeb reaction lol. Sorta.

"Richard Dean Anderson!"

"Then I remembered the blue contacts I wear to hide my Latino heritage."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

"Richard Dean Anderson!"

Maybe that's where she gets it from.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Did this lady ever get posted in here? Just hire her and let Kavner rest her vocal cords in peace.

https://twitter.com/rebekahentralgo/status/1368251120662028288?s=20

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ror posted:

Did this lady ever get posted in here? Just hire her and let Kavner rest her vocal cords in peace.

drat, that's a really good impression ... of 2020s Kavner

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

You Are A Elf posted:

Except Conan here looks like dog poo poo. Conan From "Bart Gets Famous" (which aired in 1994) looks more like modern Conan than... this thing. Compare:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

They didn't even give him freckles smdh

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Ror posted:

It sounds like anyone who has ever attempted a Marge impression :shrug:

They could unquestionably find someone on the internet who is spot-on. Family Guy was able to do it for Cleveland, and if you weren't told it was a new voice actor, you wouldn't notice.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

OK I shouldn't have said that, I just think they're funny.

But also please let Julie Kavner retire.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

multijoe posted:

They didn't even give him freckles smdh

I know, right? He even mentions he has freckles and points it out on his cheeks… without freckles :geno:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Ror posted:

OK I shouldn't have said that, I just think they're funny.

But also please let Julie Kavner retire.

What if her voice is just stuck like that now? Like, it's now her regular speaking voice

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

Sit perfectly still. Only I may dance.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Then Jessica Walter died, so I assume the show's done.

Apparently she had already recorded all her lines for the next season but after that it will have to be addressed.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Simpsons has been bad for 20 + years, I can't believe this is even up for debate

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently she had already recorded all her lines for the next season but after that it will have to be addressed.

Ah, well hopefully it's addressed by ending the show because they'll really be a shell of their former selves without her

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, well hopefully it's addressed by ending the show because they'll really be a shell of their former selves without her

The funny thing is that in-universe, it'd probably be the total opposite.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ElGroucho posted:

Simpsons has been bad for 20 + years, I can't believe this is even up for debate

It's not though?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ElGroucho posted:

quick, what was the worst moment from those seasons?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Empty Sandwich posted:

quick, what was the worst moment from those seasons?

Musk or whatever, I don't know, I'm not a baby who watches cartoons

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1410237062272405519?s=19

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Oh good, I was wanting a reason to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I like the recent trend of having the name not fit with the content being produced. Rick and Morty did it too with their season 5 opener.