Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
death to those who insult Rick and Morty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Also an IRL scary dude:

quote:

Tierney's numerous arrests for being drunk and disorderly and jail terms for assault on civilians and lawmen alike took a toll on his career. He was an admitted alcoholic who tried to go sober in 1982 after having a mild stroke, once observing during a 1987 interview that he "threw away about seven careers through drink".

In just seven years between 1944 and 1951, Tierney was arrested over a dozen times for brawling, frequently for drunkenness. His legal troubles included a 90-day jail sentence he served from August to November 1951 for breaking a New York college student’s jaw. At the time of an October 1958 arrest for fighting two policemen outside a Manhattan bar, the New York Times reported he had been arrested six times in California and five in New York on similar charges. In January 1973, he was stabbed in a bar fight on the West Side of Manhattan.

In June 1975, Tierney was questioned by New York City police in connection with the apparent suicide of a 24-year-old woman who had jumped from the window of her high-rise apartment. Tierney told police, "I had just gotten there, and she just went out the window." He was never formally arrested or charged with the young woman's death.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think the last new Simpsons episode I watched was from whatever season happened in 2010. I think it involved a bunch of Marge's old friends never seen before or since that episode and a sandwich.

It was really bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EnvyJ posted:

If you don't think or say random simpsons quotes you're a oval office

Clown college? You can't eat that!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Earwicker posted:

they used to frequently run old Tracy Ullman episodes on Nickelodeon or Comedy Central or one of those cable channels back around that time

It was Comedy Central in the mid-90s. I remember because the ads were just a scene of Tracy Ullman screaming song lyrics and I wondered why anyone would want to watch that as I fast-fowarded through the commercials to get back to the MST3K I had taped.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

berth ell pup posted:

jesus christ that's bad

like someone got a book of ethnic jokes from 50 years ago and just said "gently caress it draw that"

hahahaha jamaicans talk funny and smoke weed
chinamen? ching chong fortune cooke ror!
irish are a bunch of beaten-down depressed drunks!!!

i think we've struck a vein of comedy gold here people!!!!!

In theory Sideshow Mao is a good visual gag but it's utterly wasted. The Irish one didn't even make sense because the Irish aren't stereotyped as mill workers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You want a rasta Itchy and Scratchy idea? Itchy makes up doobies for both of them but coats Scratchy's in scotch bonnet pepper sauce and the cat catches on fire and Itchy lights up off the burning fur.

Still stupid but at least mildly more creative than what they actually did.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

THE BAR posted:

Sorry! ...Would you like me to spoiler that?

Too late!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
the rest of it is indefensible but diePod is a pretty good pun

That's how I guessed the episode wasn't made in the last ten years and I was right.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aesop Poprock posted:

Honestly even in the 90s the series wasn't sure how to portray Bart consistently. He'd go from being a loser whose only friend was Milhouse and was bullied constantly to a cool dude who just didn't give a poo poo that the other kids seemed to respect multiple times in a season

Honestly that sounds like the way things worked when I was ten during the early 90s.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 3, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Fancy Hat posted:

Tonight on The Simpsons, Homer's in a.... coma?!? After an accident at work, Homer finds himself unable to communicate with the outside world. Meanwhile, Bart discovers the joy of deep frying. It's "The Diving Bell and the Butterball" this Sunday on Fox!

That was a 2011 Treehouse of Horror segment, except worse.

quote:

The Diving Bell and the Butterball
In a parody of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Homer begins to decorate the house for Halloween and is reaching for a decoration in a box. Unfortunately, there is a real Black Widow spider in the box and when Homer grabs what he thinks is a plastic spider, he is bitten by it. The bite leaves Homer paralyzed and unable to speak. When Lisa reads for him, she discovers that he can communicate through farting. The Simpson family is amazed at the result and Lisa helps Homer tell Marge how he feels about her. When he is again bitten by another spider (a radioactive one this time), he gains the ability to shoot spider webs out of his rear end and have the same abilities as Spider-Man, though he is still unable to move or talk.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

54 40 or gently caress posted:

The nice things about sitcoms and shows in the UK are all the ugly or at the least very normal looking people

The average English is uglier than the average American.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PostNouveau posted:

In the new one, Ned becomes Bart's teacher, seemingly permanently. I guess it solves the problem of not having one since Edna's voice actress died.

Also Bart helps him control the class through a series of pranks to convince them a vengeful god will hurt them if they don't behave.

This sounds like it could've been a fine episode if it was written twenty-five years ago.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The original run of Family Guy was funny (well, I remember it being funny) but it never should've been revived.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Uh... what would be the point of a Flintstones reboot if you didn't modernize the jokes? The whole gag is "it's now but also caveman times."

Seth MacFarlane is an idiot douchebag.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean do you have to be demonstrably crazier than that to believe in any religion?

hurr hurr hurr

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ein cooler Typ posted:

rich and famous people aren't depressed

Notch, you loving idiot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blast of Confetti posted:

yall need to fix you're sarcasm detectors

Nope. Ein cooler Typ is actually that stupid.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Community (yes yes I know) did an excellent mockery of clipshow episodes by airing one entirely comprised of clips from non-existent episodes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is ghastly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

spaceblancmange posted:

Friends don't let friends watch new Simpsons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Homer bank thing is because one of the Six Feet Under characters was shot to death working as a security guard.

I didn't think it was nearly as terrible as some of you, but it was still pretty poorly paced and way way way late because holy poo poo the finale of Six Feet Under aired in, what, 2005/2006?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Riptor posted:

what's up with your punctuation brother

He's an idiot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Programmed by Bort from the Itchy and Scratchy World episode except he's grown up into a programmer despite every other character never aging.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I've had more than a few people tell me that they were banned from watching The Simpsons after Bart said (paraphrasing) "Dear God, we paid for this stuff ourselves, so thanks for nothing" while saying grace before dinner.

*raises hand*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Futurama was loving brilliant in many ways, but it will always be marred by having a "will they won't they" romance that spanned its entire run. That is the worst trope.

Oh God I hate those. Just gently caress already, this isn't the 60s or whatever where you can't actually imply sex exists on TV.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
New thread title: What's today's lowest point of the Simpsons?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm not going to watch this

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tree Goat posted:

y'all have read the rebecca sugar comic about simpsons line quoting, right?
https://dawolfey.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/dont-cry-for-me-im-already-dead-by-rebecca-sugar/

My God that's the ugliest poo poo I've seen in many a day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mind Loving Owl posted:

This phase of the thread's existence kinda reminds me of Alan Moore trashing every Doctor after William Hartnell.

Outrageous.

It should be every Doctor after Troughton.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think a huge problem is that the showrunners no longer take the time to turn conceptually funny ideas into actual funny jokes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr Interweb posted:

thought some might find this interesting:

watching the video right now

pity reply

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

emgeejay posted:

Original air date: January 6, 2019

gently caress's sake

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I need a gif of Homer and Bart flossing.

No, you don't.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
General Bullshit › What was the lowest point of the Simpsons this week?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In retrospect, Doug loving sucked.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well Reiss was involved with the Critic along with Jean too. At the very least, TC is better than bad simpsons. Maybe it was Reiss who was the talent all along?

Maybe Al Jean used to be funny but has just turned into as much a soulless zombie as the show he runs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Daikloktos posted:

Also revealed to be an idiot on the commentaries - Yeardley Smith.

She's a scientologist so this isn't much of a surprise.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Data Graham posted:

That sounds fuckin hilarious

"Three aces!"
"Four!"
:haw:

Hans Moleaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AHH F/UGH posted:

Although I agree this was good

Let's hope The Simpsons predicted real life one more time

Dude, posts like this are gonna the get the Feds visiting Lowtax again.

Good work. Carry on.