Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Nolan Arenado posted:

I specifically remember the morning after Das Bus aired, everyone in science class was talking about how funny it was. So at least back then, in a typical suburban school, it was thought highly of.
If for nothing else it was worth it for "I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Imagined just sitting there day after day, going 'worst episode ever' every single time, but tuning in next time anyway

TVIV.txt

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The joke with modern day Family Guy is that the writers are fully cognizant of their zombie show status and so now they just gleefully burn Fox’s/Disney’s money on screen with no pretense, like the aforementioned long name joke.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Anyone ever see the lost "Dead Gumbly" episode?

It helped explain 9/11 to my young impressionable mind and I’ll always be grateful

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Jeremy’s...iron...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

emgeejay posted:

thank goodness, now the character of Dr. Julius Hibbert will no longer carry any negative associations

In “And Maggie Makes Three” it’s implied that Dr Hibbert is involved in child trafficking, which is fun

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It’s almost scary how bad that Cletus episode was

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Type in “foreboding music playlist” into YouTube

find one that appeals to you, put it on but not too loud, and read new Simpsons episode recaps.

It’s like the “try not to cum” challenge but for slitting your wrists

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

I too have a shirt that says -qiH qoH

hope, fired, blunder, etc

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm going to assume this is due to some problematic elements, but this was a movie made in 1993, so that is to be expected

No I rewatched it recently with a friend who hadn’t seen it (“dude you gotta see this it’s so funny I was cracking up as a kid!”) and yeah it’s just not very good unfortunately

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That SUV parody video is hilarious! I wonder if it’s based on the iconic Canyonero ad from season 9 of the hit tv show The Simpsons?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Bedazzled train pulls up into the station thumping with hip beats

“Mom you never told me you knew Lady Gaga!”

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yeah I hate it when I can’t find the remote

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know what the series finale needs? The female characters as ninjas.

Seriously though I feel preemptively sorry for whoever is gonna be tasked with writing an ending to the Simpsons. Kobayashi Maru poo poo.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

The Ribwich stuff is from season 14 and is pretty solid Krusty material.

“Think smaller and more legs” might possibly be the latest Simpsons line that still rattles around in my head

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Gervais has also said that we were meant to resent Neil Godwin, the guy who's brought in from the Swindon office, who is effortlessly everything that Brent wishes he was.
I never really saw that until I rewatched the UK version again recently.

Yes of course Brent is an awkward dude but in the episode where he takes the Swindon transfers out to lunch he’s basically being a decent person (give or take pushing the wheelchair lady without permission) and the Swindon lot are being unreasonably antagonistic.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

and I prefer to pretend that David Brent movie never happened.

oh god

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I’m pretty deep into season 12 on this rewatch and getting scared because I’m not hating these episodes.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

He’s Birch Barlow’s son I bet

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

BasicLich posted:

that's what happens when you fly on the lolita express

The Lil’ Lisa Express

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a lot of problems with writers basically not getting the original characterisation and just going off second and third-hand impressions. Like Meme Kirk vs Actual Kirk where the former became canon to the reboot movies.

TOS establishes that Kirk used to be a brash arrogant slut. Reboots got him right.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

No, TOS establishes that Kirk used to be an absolute nerd in his Academy days.

Picard was the one who got slapped for two-timing dates and got stabbed through the heart in a bar fight.

He was a slutty nerd. Lots of past flings come up over the course of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This is a refutation that Kirk was a womanizer, not a slut.