Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s a good podcast. One of the hosts is longtime front page writer Bob Mackey.

Wow! A Bob Mackey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

There’s a pretty good podcast called that hosted by one of the front page writers here, Bob Mackey.

Wow! A Bob Mackey.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

I'd give Rick & Morty a try but I'm afraid that I'd come down with a condition that makes me incapable of being able to shut the gently caress up about Rick & Morty, as evidenced in this thread.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Karma Tornado posted:

I genuinely thought Moe was reading the actual ending of Little Women and the only joke was that he was secretly a big softie until I was very old

Wait, what's the joke then?

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I think the new one is supposed to be a parody of A Serious Man, but I don't know that movie so I can't say how closely it follows it. Also, it does another opening with the Fargo text too. The whole episode feels a lot more like a Fargo than anything else.

The bad guys kill and graphically chop up the rich Texan's body over a debt he owes the main one (Brian Cox)

Ned finds a ton of money in a bag in the woods and donates it to the orphanage in the name of his grandfather (Ned Flanders the 1st). He gets on the news and draws the attention of the bad guys who lost the money years ago or something. The bad guys rough up Comic Book Guy to find out where Flanders is, and he calls Fat Tony to complain about not being protected for his protection money.

The bad guys get Flanders' address, but lose it and wind up at the Simpsons and kidnap Homer instead. The bad guys call Ned and threaten Homer's life to get their money. Marge starts looking for Homer.

Ned starts dating the orphanage owner (Cristin Milioti) who is a Minnesota stereotype. They go back to her place but he finds out she's married to Sideshow Mel and they have an "arrangement".

Fat Tony confronts the bad guys at a donut shop where Marge is looking for Homer. Disco Stu, the Springfield mobster, and Mr. Burns are killed in the shootout. Marge finds Homer's company ID badge after the bad guy leaves.

TO BE CONTINUED

Not a ton of jokes in this one, but because it's aping Fargo, it's :siren: actually not too bad an episode :siren:

I say this as a huge fan of A Serious Man. Who the gently caress was asking for a parody of A Serious Man? This would be like if they did an actual Barton Fink episode.

And yeah, none of the plot points you mention are from A Serious Man. It sounds like it's just No Country For Old Men + Fargo.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

It's titled "A Serious Flanders" but it seemed all Fargo to me

Why bother invoking A Serious Man at all? FarD'oh! is right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

One of the best lines in the Itchy and Scratchy Land episode is "See all stuff in there, Homer? That's why your robot never worked."

I fear that someday they'll make an episode based on that line. I'm probably creating a self fulfilling prophecy just by posting this.

Same energy as when Marge mentions the time she made fun of Homer for wearing a deerstalker cap and he sulked for a week and then closed his detective agency.