Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

berth ell pup posted:

I wonder what timeframe Hartman was thinking of in 1997 as "the time the show becomes unprofitable."

Do you think he thought it would be around in 2017 with no sign of stopping?

Phil Hartman was shot by his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
edit: wrong thread

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

SEX BURRITO posted:

The Simpsons going to China was predictability pretty racist and dumb. I think they just looked at Wikipedia and got a list of stuff that's Chinese and wrote jokes from that. Great Wall, adoptions, dragons, Mao etc.

The Israel episode is probably the worst of all the 'Simpsons go to' episodes though. All I remember is Bart doing Krav Maga and the Borat guy doing a voice.

My wife

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Scudworth posted:

For some reason I decided to look up if they've ever been on the show and instead read the plot of an ep called "Black Eyed, Please" from 2013.
Experience it for yourselves:

-----
Homer invites himself to Ned Flanders's house for breakfast and finds Ned's beatnik parents there. Flanders begins to feel uneasy when his parents begin to take a liking to Homer rather than him. After a morning jog, Ned comes home to find Homer and his parents smoking "medicinal" marijuana and watching TV. Flanders becomes so enraged he punches Homer in the face, giving him a black eye.

When Lisa tries to catch up to Cantwell before she drives off, Cantwell admits that she was only jealous because Lisa is pretty, and that pretty girls like Lisa have it easier than girls like Cantwell, who have to use their brains to get by in life. This is an idea that Lisa happily accepts — even after Cantwell splatters mud on her as she drives off.

The story ends with Homer having a barbecue with Ned and his parents, and Ned's father revealing to Marge that he got Homer and Ned to be nice to each other by slipping marijuana in their food.
-------

:chloe:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
The Simpsons is about to being its 29th season. And guess what. You can look forward to a Game of Thrones parody, and Ed Sheeran plays a musician named Brendan whom Lisa falls for — and, yes, Brendan will do some singing.

The Treehouse of Horror episodes are usually heavier on screams of laughter than screams of fright, but executive producer Al Jean thinks the final segment in the XXVIIIth edition may change that. "We have what I think is the scariest segment we ever did," he says. "I don't want to say more." Please say more. "I’ll give you the title: 'Mmmmmmm, Homer.' We actually put a disclaimer on it again like we used to — a warning to the audience."
There's also a 3-D parody of Neil Gaiman's Coraline, titled "Coralisa," which features Neil Gaiman voicing the cat.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
The name Haw Haw Land sums up the level of effort the writers are putting in

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Great addition to the opening credits

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Apparently Marge became the new mayor of Springfield in tonight’s episode

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Satire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCGFLhrMkk

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I've been doing some research, and it might actually be this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwHZbnl9grI

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Ed Sheeran guest stars this Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdY3XDGtVnk

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
He's confusing the crazy cat lady with Flanders' mother from this scene ("Hello Joe") because I suppose they share some of the same mannerisms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhLR6XaTn18&t=78s
To be honest it's a pretty dumb thing to say

Wizard Master fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 27, 2018

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Code Jockey posted:

thank you wizard master

You're welcome mate.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what was the one where selma tried to get pregnant by spermjacking ned flanders but got stymied by the loving dog eating it

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Sentient Data posted:

That was the story until the season 22 episode Marge and the Double Wide. Homer, Marge, and baby Bart were living in a trailer originally. Homer heard that the show man vs food was coming to town, and he made it this mission to out-eat the host to usurp him and get his dream job. They went to all the frying dutchman, moes, that sushi place, and the Italian place and ended up tied 2 for 2. The show made a special episode where the next winner would get a house. They went to Chicago and had the contest at an iron chef restaurant. The host won, but homer stayed there and kept eating literally all the food one ingredient at a time while the iron chef begged him to stop until he was finally bribed with buying the house to make him go away

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Simpson family becomes helplessly stuck in traffic while returning from a ski vacation. To pass the time, Bart, Lisa and Maggie spend hours playing the repetitive and noisy game "Bonk-It", much to Marge and Homer's annoyance. Homer loses his patience and throws the toy out the window, where it is crushed by passing vehicles. By a twist of fate, another father throws his children's Bonk-It out of a car window, and it lands in the hands of the Simpson children. Eventually the batteries run out, but Bart plugs the toy into the car's cigarette lighter, causing it to play even faster. His patience long gone, Homer smashes the Bonk-It with his foot, but it becomes lodged under the brake pedal. He loses control of the vehicle, hits a deer reminiscent of Bambi and ends up on a frozen lake, where a mysterious person drags them out. When the family wakes up, they discover that the mysterious person who saved them was Cletus. Cletus tells Homer about moonshine, and invites him to taste the latest batch. Homer impresses Cletus and his hillbilly friends with his moonshine-tasting skills and is invited to be the judge of a moonshine competition.

Meanwhile, Bart and Cletus's sons play with a box of grenades that Cletus's wife Brandine, a former soldier, had brought back from Iraq, and Lisa plays hide and seek with Cletus's daughters. They do not find her, and Lisa gets lost in the woods. Trying to find her way back, she encounters three girls who are Wiccans, practicing their full moon Esbat. Lisa is initially skeptical of their ability to cast spells, but becomes interested after she happens to mention in the witches' Circle that she wishes she did not have to hand in her unfinished art project, and her wish comes true when Miss Hoover is taken ill with a stomach virus. The girls ask Lisa to join their coven and she accepts, but on the night of Lisa's induction, Chief Wiggum turns up after being tipped off by Ned Flanders and arrests the three girls on suspicion of witchcraft. Outside the courtroom, the girls say a chant, asking their goddess to 'show their persecutors that they are blind'. Many of the townspeople then suddenly become blind, and blame the three girls, who are then put on trial. When the judge dismisses the case, the townspeople decide to take the law into their own hands, and wish to drown the girls in an impromptu witch trial. Lisa, however, proves that the real culprits behind the town's temporary blindness are Homer and his friends, who threw their moonshine in to the town's reservoir after thinking that they were about to be arrested by the police. The girls are released, and Homer entertains himself by using the witch-dunking chair to binge drink the moonshine water, but falls off the chair into the river.

The episode ends with Lisa ice-skating on the frozen river to the song "Season of the Witch" while her skates carve a hole in the ice that frees Homer.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

CJacobs posted:

This meme has always bothered me because in this clip Skinner is searching for Bart, who is cutting school, meaning in this example the children actually are wrong

You pressed you, referring to me, that is incorrect. The correct answer is you.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--VcX3n_7w

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Meanwhile, Marge returns to giving her sex talk to teenagers, but this time she prepares with finger puppets. While the teenagers snicker, Marge fails miserably to get her point across about sex. Elsewhere, Lisa enjoys Bob's company despite Homer's usage of the Bunsen burner to toast the rest of the marshmallows since he already ate all the chocolates. At home, Homer tries to squeeze in some alone time with Marge, yet an angry Marge decides to use Homer as an example for her sex education class. Marge brings Homer to church to tell her class that she has abstained from sex with her partner for two days. The mere image of Homer and Marge touching each other gives the teenagers enough reason to pledge to wait until marriage for sex.

Lisa, on the other hand, is having a blast with Bob at the museum. Despite having to carry his concrete ankle block from prison, Bob enjoys his time with Lisa. When Lisa passes through an exhibit, a heavy display model comes close in squashing Lisa, but Bob saves the day. But Lisa wants to know, how Bob had the strength to prevent the sheet metal from crushing her. That's when Bob reveals to Lisa that with the success of genetically modified foods, he has been able to change his own DNA. Bob also tells Lisa that the real reason behind their trip to the museum is because of his plans on using the DNA of the geniuses in the exhibit to become the smartest of them all. When Bart comes to save Lisa, Bob warns he can be tempted into a murderous rage very easily. After a couple bothers him for a minute, he does have a rage and goes after Bart and Lisa. He runs after them with his new "grasshopper thighs" and "sonar of a killer-whale". He chases them to a body of water and they beg him to sing before he kills them. He obliges, but Marge, Homer and the teen-abstinence group come to stop him. When Lisa talks about Walt Whitman, Bob realises he has become a monster and attempts suicide by drowning, but then remembers he has gills.

In an epilogue (done as a tribute to Marcia Wallace), Ned recalls how much he loved Edna, and is sad about her death.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Houle posted:

Could be worse. I remember seeing on TV a few years back where they would fill the empty sides of the screen with commercials.

I am under the belief that television doesn't want you to watch TV with all the ways that it tries to distract you from its content.

Let’s just say there a reason they call it the Idiot Box

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Just found this one, might be new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDxSJ9ataRc

Whoever writes this poo poo has no idea about timing or beats

My favorite part was when homer says “we’re going to krusty burger!!” which was obviously left in as a way for them to kill a few extra seconds here and there to make it to 22 minutes

Gotta love another dated reference like The Deadliest Catch

Simpsons use to be good because their references were intentionally obscure in-jokes for smart people or older generations (I buried them all! hobos! sea captains! Joey Bishop!”) but the people making the show now don’t get that this poo poo will look terrible in 5-10 years

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

PostNouveau posted:

Tonight's Simpsons revealed the origins of Ned's Christianity and his mustache.

He once sold trampolines door-to-door. He sells one to Grandpa for a young Homer. But then another salesman tells him that the trampolines are defective, and when they hit the 500th bounce, the static electricity builds up to a lethal level. Ned sees a newspaper saying that Homer is planning on breaking 500 bounces for the Duff Book of World Records. Ned rushes there and pushes him out of the way right before the electric blast, which hits Ned. Ned is in a coma where he meets Jesus and also his lip gets disfigured, so that's why he's Christian and has a mustache.

I didn't make any of this up I swear.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

emgeejay posted:

I watched the Lady Gaga episode shortly after air because I’d heard it was a new low, but I actually thought it was pretty okay :shrug:

I even laughed at a few bits — all of them very random physical gags, but those moments were at least animated with some energy and a sense of timing, which they’ve completely abandoned in the last few years (see MargeNod.gif)

gently caress you!!!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1058424649032204288

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

4 minutes of the most expensive joke-less animation you'll ever see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDbF9GGnfgQ

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
AWOOGA

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1064570592462950400

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Nonviolent J posted:

can anyone help it's driving me nuts

Perhaps you're thinking of Tennis the Menace, where Homer and Marge get a tennis court built in their backyard. Homer has a dream about being murdered and cuckolded by Bart and when he wakes up he says that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCWjkY3-fU&t=28s

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master posted:

Perhaps you're thinking of Tennis the Menace, where Homer and Marge get a tennis court built in their backyard. Homer has a dream about being murdered and cuckolded by Bart and when he wakes up he says that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCWjkY3-fU&t=28s

By the way, you're probably like me and remembering how god-awful this episode was and the lovely cameos from Venus and Serene Williams and other tennis players. Just a reminder that this episode first aired in February 2001. Sweet dreams :twisted: :twisted:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
tfw your not going to church today :twisted: :twisted:

tfw when its Saturday

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Please be courteous to each other in my thread

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://twitter.com/YrOnlyHope/status/1100413671858069507?s=20

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

PostNouveau posted:

Alright well they go to a convention and watch a Krusty panel where the announce an all-girl Itchy & Scratchy reboot. Bart and the other boys decide to pointedly not watch it. But Bart is caught on camera going up to Lisa's room, where she's filming her reaction to the new show, and laughing at it. Video of him being a hypocrite make is on "Josh.0".

Milhouse leads the other boys in a mob against Bart, and they chase him into the girls bathroom where he meets some 6th grade girls. He bonds with them over what he thinks is just pranking Skinner but turns out to be a protest movement. Celebrity cameos: Awkwafina, Chelsea Paretti and Nicole Byer.

Milhouse becomes an MRA (Boys Rights Associations though, so BRA. See it's parody or something because they changed a letter.

Milhouse's parents get turned on because their kid has friends now so he's well adjusted so they can stop worrying about him. There's a post-coital scene with Milhouse's parents.

There's a montage of Bart joining in on their protest actions set to "Cherry Bomb". Most of their protests seem to be painting things pink. Lisa finds out and gets mad at Bart because he doesn't care about their cause only the chaos.

Krusty caves to BRA's protests, so the feminists set out to destroy the old Itchy & Scratchy masters. Lisa and Bart foil them; the other boys blame Milhouse for the whole debacle. Lisa joins the feminist group at the end, which will never come up again because the writers don't give a gently caress about the new seasons just like everyone else in the world.

I'm glad some of you idiots got excited for this one because some twitterer wrote it. It sucked on toast.

Also

Ned and his kids were at the convention with Itchy & Scratchy hats and balloons even though Ned doesn't let the boys watch it. I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Adbot