Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
dig UP stupid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
dig UP stupid!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I remember watching that Marge meets a marine biologist episode and just being baffled at how boring and unfunny it was. The show had been mostly not good for some time at that point, but that episode just stands out in my mind for some reason.

Wikipedia posted:

The idea for the episode was originally pitched on January 16, 2004 during the writers' idea sessions for The Simpsons Movie. Al Jean suggested the idea of the family rescuing manatees, and while it was rejected for the film, it was adapted into the script for the episode.

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
dig UP stupid

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
dig UP stupid

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

AHH F/UGH posted:

it wasn't monopoly capitalism that killed the simpsons wtf

i killed the simpsons

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Detective No. 27 posted:

One of the best lines in the Itchy and Scratchy Land episode is "See all stuff in there, Homer? That's why your robot never worked."

I fear that someday they'll make an episode based on that line. I'm probably creating a self fulfilling prophecy just by posting this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZ_KQhv8T8

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

muscles like this! posted:

There's a new Simpsons Histories video about Sideshow Mel and there's a gross moment where he talks about how there's a thing in a later episode where Mel has a sex robot that he made from an animatronic fox.

lol that owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
sideshow mel the five nights at freddies fucker

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
tomacco owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The one joke that stands out in my head about the Mr. X episode after all these years is how it parodied old amateur website design and had Homer's picture load first and THEN loaded the question mark over it yet somehow nobody knew it was Homer.

it owned. the prisoner stuff kinda sucked but homer running a lovely geocities website led to some good jokes

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 24, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Riptor posted:

well, I didn't want to but I watched The ManD'oh!Lorian, the latest lame Simpsons/Star Wars cashgrab on Disney+

It starts with a shot captioned "sajak pit", the pit from Return of the Jedi. Suddenly you hear a stomach gurgle and it spits out Homer aka "Boba Fat", and the pit, voiced by Pat Sajak from Wheel of Fortune says "I'm having a bad day. Must've been something I ate!". Boba Fat looks at the pit and replies "you shouldn't have eaten me, I'm too fatty. Get it?"

Then he ventures into town and of course finds Maggie as Baby Yoda, named Goo-Goo. Like a baby would be named. Goo-Goo has a pacifier/lightsaber thing that she pulls out of her mouth and can fight with. They venture off together and go on some incredibly stupid adventures, including:

-"Todd Racing"; Todd Flanders is Watto from Episode 1 and challenges Homer to a race. There's a "hot Rod" joke that is wildly uncomfortable and doesn't land well. Homer does a lot of the "loud whispering" stuff in this segment. Ned Flanders is a droid named, I am not kidding you, "BB-Ned". It's the ball thing with Ned's head on top rolling around.
-They meet up with "Bart Solo" flying the "Melisa-um Falcon", the Falcon looks the same in the movies except its back part is spiky like Lisa's hair and it speaks in her voice
-And ultimately they fight Marge Vader which looks like Darth Vader but with the helmet shaped like Marge's hair. Her lightsaber is a curling iron but they make a vibrator joke.

At the end Comic Book Guy shows up and complains how Boba Fett isn't actually The Mandalorian from the show and how this whole thing has been disrespectful to canon. Goo-Goo cuts him in half with a lightsaber.

this is good actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

lmao epic

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

that game owned actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
milhouse is the greatest simpsons character

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Boba Pearl posted:

I've always thought the simpsons was bad, but I really only saw the episodes after season 21 22, what's the "good" seasons of the Simpsons. Are there any? People seem to love it.

PostNouveau posted:

1-8. YMMV on 1

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Hrist posted:

People think the Florida one is bad?!

I like that.

the first half is good but the second half is really bad imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

PhazonLink posted:

double posting but lol did they really have Assange?

Wikileaks Assange? the same guy that holed himself in the Ecuador embassy?

quote:

The Simpson family went to see him as he was their new neighbor. When Marge asked him how he was doing, he told her that it was his personal information and he was not at liberty to reveal it. He then invited them to see a film. Marge asked if it was "Iraqi journalists being murdered?" but Julian Assange told her not to be ridiculous as it was "an Afghan wedding being bombed". Homer then tells Julian Assange a "big secret", which was that he wasn't wearing any underwear. Julian Assange then tells Homer that he should get out less. He then went back into the WikiLeaks building, entering in the code "1234" to open the door, looking around shiftily as he entered the code and then entered the elevator.

Julian Assange's lines were written by Kathy Lette. Julian Assange was to have another line where Marge asked him about his recipe but he said that he "never reveals his sauces." This was cut for unknown reasons.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

quote:

Julian Assange, the controversial founder of WikiLeaks, guest stars as himself. Assange was approached after Matt Groening heard a rumor that he wanted to guest star on the show. Matt Groening asked casting director Bonita Pietila to get into contact with him, which she did. His lines were written by Kathy Lette and were recorded over the telephone from the UK, while he was under house arrest.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
grimey was right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
the problem with the episode is that grimey is too much of an rear end in a top hat for the audience to sympathize or relate to but its still a solid episode imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Cemetry Gator posted:

Frank was a moron who grabbed electrical equipment without proper safety equipment. After wasting Mr. Burns's precious acid.

that was homer simpson actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's what Grimes deserved.

The episode doesn't really work like what I think the writers were going for because Homer is, apart from eating a dude's lunch once, basically the nicest and most empathetic he's ever been in the series. Grimesy doesn't come across as an ordinary person in an insane world, he comes off as a petulant rear end in a top hat. It's like those early Bugs Bunny cartoons that suck because instead of being provoked by Elmer trying to shoot him or whatever, Bugs goes out of his way to torment a guy who hasn't done anything.

i agree but its still a funny episode so homer's enemy is a land of contrasts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
up yours children

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
they did the story where a character dies and is then replaced by a double that looks and acts just like them so everyone just shrugs and decides to just call them by the original's name twice lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
the principal and the pauper is a good episode that sat a bad precedent for future bad episodes imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
homer is dumb as a mule and twice as ugly

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Empty Sandwich posted:

something something Moleman rule 34

no one's gay for moleman

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Khanstant posted:

You're gonna hate when you get to an episode with Itchy and Scratchy

itchy and scratchy is funny

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
its funny when the mouse harms the cat with over the top cartoon violence to parody tom and jerry its not funny when its casual cruelty with no punchline

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

what the hell was this?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
my name is Kirk Van Houten and this is borrowing a feeling (jackass music plays)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
herb is elon musk

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
shes a smoker

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
apu is a dated caricature even if you give him a new voice actor that sounds nothing like the original such as dr. hibbert and carl

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

emSparkly posted:

Just scrubbing Apu from all the merchandise and promos and never putting him in a new episode ever again would have been better than the crap episode they did which hardly addressed it at all.

lol that they did this and still caved in and removed him :sad:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
milhouse is holy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Toxic Mental posted:

"DERN RIGHT, ONE OF ER BEST 'PUBLICANS" :911: MT. RUSHMORE!!!!! :911:"

"CONSERVATION??? PROGRESSIVE POLICY??? FOOD AND DRUG?? (COVID)??? LEFTIST POLICIES????"

"GROOMING???!?! JUST LIKE SLEEPY JOE!!!!!! :argh:"

wtf are you talking about lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
tibor lost them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

robot roll call posted:

just think, if it were modern Simpsons they would cut to some zany Borat type guy being upset that everyone was blaming him for losing keys

they would and you would be posting about it here