Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm still pissed off and perturbed about these revelations.

Lol. : ')

loving predators.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Iron Crowned posted:

Ugh, I swear every other word in that episode was "ELONMUSK" I will never scrub Lisa exclaiming it out of my brain

why does that poo poo head pay to be in every single cartoon?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Yo whats up with the lady with the lilac (or w/e floral panicle they're trying to replicate) hair

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Walton Simons posted:

The best joke in it is probably when Bart speaks French to the policeman

"...et ils ont donné mon chapeau rouge ŕ l'âne!"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Plan Z posted:

The episodes of any show where one character is subjected to a ton of cruelty that they don't deserve are usually some of the weakest ones. I could watch cartoon marathons as a kid, but the second I'd get one of those episodes of every kid show where one character is another character's "servant," I'd usually turn off the TV and do something else.

The episode where Brainy Smurf declares himself Papa Smurf's "Dirty Nip Pig Slave" was rather unsettling.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

the musical cues in the golden age were so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qman4N3Waw4

Listen to how the music goes from this schmaltzy elevator music, to a tense buildup and then the change. It's so good :discourse:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Now it would be set to “Talk to ya later” by the Tubes or something by Tubeway Army

Tube!

You're so right. You're so so right and I'm sad.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Any original song from American Dad is going to be great, the cast has chops. Seeing Scott Grimes performing Steve's songs is the best.

Bob's Burgers does those musical montages like every episode now and they aren't generally good, imo... From the singing style (usually high pitched falsetto sounding voices) to the instrumentation.

edit- v yeah for sure! This post definitely wasn't referring to any of the songs generally sung by the main cast, anything that comes out of Jon H Benjamin's mouth sounds like a treat. Just the weird montage songs that are usually repeated in the credits.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 9, 2020

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I wonder what the rag smells like haha :)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

*while struggling to breathe*

... "Detention!"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

intro/couch gag: good

janky flash animation: good

the rest: bad

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

More like you go to harvard to find out how not to be funny. Who is with me??

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Plan Z posted:

It super lost that focus when it was obvious that Seth was working on like ten other projects. Supposedly, he's gotten more involved in Family Guy in recent years and it's gotten an upturn in quality. I tried to watch some new episodes, and although they aren't gently caress-awful like the post-resurrection seasons, they aren't good. At the very least, they aren't as outwardly blood-curdling and cruel.

Vinni Puh, now that's a good show.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I always interpreted it as Ned asking Rodd and Todd if they're okay with having Lisa after what happened with Bart but Rodd and Todd liked her so much that they want her back.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Data Graham posted:

That's not much of a stinger-before-credits joke though, that's more like an "aww how sweet" sort of uncharacteristic way to end an episode.

I'm gonna stick with "Ned secretly wants to get his kids killed" lol

I was a sweet child when I made that interpretation. :3:

nowadays im lovely

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

It's a shame they canned their composer.

The arrangement and compositions he came up with just perfect. Streetcar really exemplifies what I mean. The voicing when everyone starts singing "You Can Always Depend on the Kindness of Strangers!" is peak simpsons sound

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Just saw the lego episode today. good god this isn't even the same show anymore. Its a very bad parody of itself

Lego episode is considered one of the "good" new simpsons

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Getting memories of growing up with the mormon neighbour's kids and how they'd sneak in The Simpsons when no one was home.

or they could go across the street to my house where it was cool to be BAD

edit- they had a lot of kids in that household but the four eldest ones would take turns babysitting us. I remember convincing one of them to let my brother and I watch King of the Hill (I was like, in first or second grade at the time) because I legitimately thought it was a very moral show about how smoking is bad.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 12, 2020

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

What was the scariest moment of the Simpsons for you?

For me as a kid, it was either the design of the clown bed from Lisa's First Word (If you should die before you wake!) or in Bart the Murderer when Skinner in cement shoes bubbles "YOU KILLED ME, BART" underwater. Both of these were just a little too much for very young me.

I was scared of everything as a child but I don't think anything from the simpsons ever did it. Simpsons was just too silly no matter what.

like gently caress, Lambchop's Play Along gave me an anxiety attack randomly so I just don't know.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

when i was a tween getting braces, the orthodontist had definitely been asked about the gouger more than once

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I remember my mom telling me when Phil Hartman was killed. Same kfc where she told me shari lewis died. :(

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

now i just get creepy ads for "CREATE YOUR OWN SIMPSON AND gently caress HIM" with a cgi nude homer that cycles through various dick options

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Daikloktos posted:

I just remembered a formative dream I had at the onset of puberty. I was watching from the shadows as my mom seduced my dad in contest with another woman. She said "We'll do it every Sunday night at eight. And we'll call it 'Man... With His Pants Off' " And my first dreamthought, swear to God, swirled in with my physiological response to this incredibly hot and nasty poo poo from the recesses of my brain I had no context for, was "I'll miss The Simpsons...!"

:yikes:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

yeah but you chose to use the descriptor of "hot" when describing your dream and that's the part where you get to choose what to say!

Accept this moment of shunning!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

muscles like this! posted:

Watching "$pringfield" and saw a cut for syndication scene that definitely deserves to be cut. Homer is being a blackjack dealer and there's a short Rainman bit that's absolutely terrible because it is Homer bugging Dustin Hoffman's character and the whole thing devolves into both characters screaming. It is a weird awful part of a funny episode.

Oh yeah, I remember that scene airing only when I was younger. I was too young to get the reference but my brother really hated that part for the reasons you've mentioned.

He also took offense to the Australian episode as a whole when we were younger. He loves it now, though. lol.

edit- wow i share more details about my family in this thread than any other (im the one whose mom had the celebrity-death kfc)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Domer

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

underrated post and great article but

@Birdbassador/Tree Goat posted:

Guest Star: Joanna Newsom as Madame Psychosis.

okay she hasn't appeared on the show but matt groening apparently made this for her

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Time for a batch of AI episodes that are more entertaining that the real show in its current state:

"in this episode, Homer and Bart find several two-headed pigs while on vacation, the two prank the fat pig in a dark room, Todd accidentally locks the rest of the family in his basement; Homer tries to teach his son how to become a mafia don."

"This episode involves Reverend Lovejoy and Smithers becoming romantically involved after they meet at a Kentucky Womens' Pageant. The tension between Lovejoy and Smithers is an important factor in the story and leaves both of them with a new appreciation for one another"

"...the Simpson family go for a kayaking trip to the beautiful coastline of Isla Nublar. Although Bart and Lisa don't get much out of their visit, Maggie gets an idea that she can use for their future vacations. But before Lisa can ask Maggie about her plan, she gets caught in the middle of a baseball game between the Mar-a-lago Country Club and the Isla Nublar Baseball Club."

"Bart and Lisa no longer have socks as they have to wear suits. Homer and Marge come up with the plan to, as Marge says, "Be a wee wee, if you wanna be a wee wee." The joke is that being a wee wee is causing them a great deal of discomfort. This episode is similar to the one where Bart makes a kissy face, "A Couple of Schmucks", because the two dads are confused and angry."

"in this episode of The Simpsons, Maggie finds out she has a talent for tea, Bart discovers he's been asleep for 30 years, and the family is visited by a dryad."

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

Any chance to post the original ending that test audiences shot down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RjFvcw6ToQ

The last part is just 5 minutes of Audrey 2s 9/11ing New York City.

Thank you for appreciating my ancestors' work

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Computer-generated Simpsons episodes would probably be funnier at this point.
you be the judge

Robot Episode 1: Homer is trying to impress Marge, Lisa's aunt, Mrs. Kwik-E-Mart, Principal Skinner, and an overweight teen who just wants to play around. As with their previous outings, the episode features all types of Simpsons goofs, from Homer asking to sit beside her with her legs spread wide apart to a scene in which he sits across from her while giving a speech.

Robot Episode 2: Lisa becomes increasingly ill from eating the fruit of the sun as well as the sun's fruit. It's explained in flashback, but Bart's argument at the end that she had to do this simply for survival is the actual explanation. Bart starts eating the sun while he is trying to find a way to get to the island.

Robot Episode 3: Mr. Burns is trying to once again fix the power grid by putting himself under the influence of hallucinogenic brew. Unfortunately, he also accidentally turns himself into a monster.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Steven would probably get along great with both Bart and Lisa.

Eh, maybe more Rod and Todd. :colbert:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

i think disney made it so they can understand stewie now and not just sometimes

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

CodfishCartographer posted:

Remember when South Park did an entire episode about it should be okay to call people the f-slur because "well we aren't using it hatefully against gay people!!"

Yup. So many people really just based their entire worldview on whatever South Park said. That one being a major offender.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

The pony episode was a top tier bb episode and I laugh thinking about it

I'm definitely a Chariot fan

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

AHH F/UGH posted:

No.

[great moments from episode here]

This one got me good on a rewatch.

https://imgur.com/niwvAzf.mp4

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 30, 2020

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I made the exact same parody title when I was like 10?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Das Boo posted:

I couldn't believe this hadn't been done, so

:eyepop:

das boo should get to be the supreme ruler for a day

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

It's weird they haven't aired a new Simpsons in like a month and a half.

good

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Vagabundo posted:

Look, I'm sorry, I just saw red there, but this poo poo is just infuriating on so many levels.

No, it's understandable. Have you ever wondered what our world would be like had we never restricted women from like every field and didn't oust them whenever they pioneered a new science or art and then steal all their work and then smugly and oh-so-assuredly recite :biotruth: as reasons why women can't or shouldn't do things? That's usually one of my first thoughts upon waking up every day. lol.

So much knowledge, invention, innovation and works of art that could've been.

edit: simpsons is bad, didn't have to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

who was that background kid character in the early seasons that looks like a kilroy

he is freddy, beloved and cherished