Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Most of those are pretty good except homer votes and homer live. I guess lisa goes gaga isn't very good either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Rutibex posted:

the simpsons had to become what it did, because the writers refused to allow Bart/Lisa/Maggie to grow up. if it was going to continue with good episodes that are semi-grounded in reality they should have made Bart/Lisa teenagers in season 9. only way to get more family situations out of the same cast.

they tried to do this without aging the kids, but its just terrible. how many romantic partners have Bart and Lisa had by now? thats some experienced 10 year old!
The one thing south park has done right: aging the kids slightly over the years.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

JediTalentAgent posted:

Even then, the SP kids I thought only went up a single yearr and they've gone unaged for the last 15 or so years, haven't they?
They've gone from 8 to 10 years old or so. I think.

It's a subtle difference, but it has definitely been beneficial to the show.

Simpsons has just kind of gone on past its expiration date.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Yeah. It just proves that "when the simpsons became bad" is not like SNL but is instead objective.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Maya Fey posted:

Are there any episodes from the past ~10 years worth watching? Even the worst Futurama or South Park seasons have a couple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb7peg0gq-o

That's a clip from S18. It's nothing earth shattering, but the idea and UPS being A.S.S are pretty solid. The rest of the episode is homer making a rec room in a basement and kicking the kids out which is how they get into that situation. If all the later season episodes were like that one I'd call anyone complaining cranky old nerds. Like the people who hate on south park. A show can't be hitting it out of the park for decades. It will have to slide into some mediocrity groove at some point. Unfortunately, that's probably one of the best later episodes I've seen. Most new simpsons is not mediocrity just really, really bland. :(

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 11, 2017