Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I loving love that episode and i don't care who knows it. It's weird.

This is truth, man. Despite having a stupid, outlandish premise and the cringeworthy jockey elves scene, there are some real funny jokes and gags in that episode besides what was represented in those gifs.
Homer ordering that Bachman Turner Overdrive play Taking Care of Business over and over again, but skipping to the "working overtime" part of the chorus.
On the deep-fried t-shirt, "I didn't say they couldn't. I said you shouldn't."
The band teacher conceding to Lisa that instead of playing something written by Sousa, maybe they could play something just arranged by Sousa instead?
"Otherwise we're taking a trip to the glue factory..... and HE CAN'T COME!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

You're goddamn right there is. Lisa is the 60-year-old man's self-insert because she wants to EARN her trophies.

All this comes back to Saddlesore Galactica, where Lisa appealed to POTUS when her band didn't win the state fair competition due to the other school's illegal use of glowsticks

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

It'll be the origin story of how Homer met Marge: The kids get on Youtube and discover there's a whole series of "Raging Springfield Gamer" videos featuring him and Comic Book Guy from like 2007 when Homer was still in high school which have millions of views each and suddenly stopped being produced.

Homer will talk about how before the kids were born he was a popular Youtube personality who did angry game reviews and invented the LP and angry reviewer genre, until he met Marge, she mellowed him out and he eventually got her pregnant and he realized he needed a full-time job that paid better.

Punchline to the episode is,
"Besides, even if millions of people watched every video I made, no one makes money on Youtube playing video games."
"PewDiePie pulled in $12M last year doing that."
"D'OH!"

edit: You know, you'd have a lot of YT cameos in the episode. James Rolfe would show up at "Rantcon 2008" and sit on a panel with Homer and ask Homer for any advice he can give him. PewDiePie will abscond with Homer's secret notebook of show ideas and vanish backstage. They guy from Classic Game Room would constantly be told to shut up because "if you can only say NICE things about retrogaming then you shouldn't be saying anything at all!"

The episode will be titled "Fus Ro <annoyed grunt>"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Don't they literally phone it in now

Yes.
The gags about Krusty recording a couple of phrases for a talking Krusty doll in a single take and then leaving to go golfing are pretty close to the reality now for the voice actors.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

you wanna buy some genuine nazi underpants?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

there it is, the blurst thing

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Looks extremely Jon K

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

If it ends, Disney will reboot it in 3-5 years later with a new cast.

A spinoff starring Roy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I found a list compiled by a website called nohomers.net from 2003 of the top 50 worst episodes (according to the couple of dozen people who voted in the poll :v:)

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/NoHomers.net%27s_50_Worst_episodes

45/50 of these episodes are from season 10 onward. Impressive, considering there were only 14 seasons at the time. This is I think, definitive proof that Al Jean is the worst thing to happen to the Simpsons ever.

Supposedly my mother-in-law went to highschool with him, I'm gonna ask her about him next time I see her.

Even then in at the beginning of the bad old days of the Simpsons, there were some great zingers in the overall bad episodes. In Saddlesore Galactica, Homer demanding that BTO play his favorite song over and over again (but skipping to the "working overtime" part with the solo) was a pretty good gag.