Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

You Are A Elf posted:

Also, any Sideshow Bob episode

HE STEPPED ON A RAKE AND GRUNTED AGAIN LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

really?

quote:

really?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

That lobotomy blank-faced smile, always

I just noticed they both have it too

god how loving lazy

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
watched the armin tanzerian episode yesterday and one thing that stood out beyond the obvious was how mean spirited and weird sending the real skinner off, tied to a chair on a train car, was

I mean that whole episode was dumb [though this thread has helped me kind of "get it" better I guess, I still hate it] but that seemed weird

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nonviolent J posted:

I saw the rapper takes the poweplant one last night, so bad, im mad at rza for going near it

this reminded me of the episode where bart sneaks out to a rap concert and enters a battle, oh my god that one is painful, painful

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hrist posted:

Modern Simpsons isn't so bad! It's just a few sight gag references that aren't funny and should have been left in the classic 'sodes! It's still good! It's still good!

It's just a little bad writing! It's still good! It's still good!

It's just a few forced guests no one wanted to see! It's still good! It's still good!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

This is the most recent one, from last Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzLju-4Su8

A lot of work went into this for it to be so horribly unfunny. Like, take that, 1998-era South Park! Take THAT.... California Raisins??

I actually think most of these are decent though.

last sunday.

robot chicken in 2017. why.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

are they still bitter they lost the Emmy to the California Raisins

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Johnny Aztec posted:

My best memories of Comedy Central is watching the same handful of movies over and over and over during the summers.

I went to college in 2001 and my first year or two were spent watching classic SNL on Comedy Central, it owned

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
watched the Frank Grimes episode tonight and while I like it more thanks to this thread, I still think it would've been better if they'd toned down Homer being a jackass

If the real point was to play off of Homer's ridiculous life, and in a larger sense how TV handles characters like that, they could've done that just as well without Homer being so over the top

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PostNouveau posted:

All the Sideshow Bob episodes are golden except the recent one where he uses science to get superpowers or something.

sideshow bob episodes are awful though ??

e. except maybe the first and I did find that part where he and bart were on the boat and bob was singing gilbert and sullivan funny

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

oh my god

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

It's been said but I really miss Skinner's Vietnam flashbacks

"Up With Miniskirts"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

pram posted:

marge be not proud was great you idiots

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

YeahTubaMike posted:

they advertised the fuuuuuuuuuck out of this scene, which was never that funny to begin with, and then by the time i saw the movie the bit was both unfunny AND overplayed. so much cringe.

It's retarded monkey cheese humor but family guy made gazillions off of that sooo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Someone just posted a simpsons picture in another thread and

?????

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

facebook jihad posted:

I never 'got' Ren and Stimpy and thought/think it was/is gross. I guess it was groundbreaking for a kids show but I was more of a Doug kid personally

Well, at the time this was the appeal to me, it was just so weird and gross and we didn't have the internet back then to fulfill our weird and gross quota, sooo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Yeah I just watched this episode the other day and the delivery of that line is fuckin' perfect t:mad:

I dunno if it was intentionally that deadpan or if that's just how it came out but it was great

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

same, except I tell everyone

how the times have changed

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It's been said in this thread or one of the previous ones, an episode like Last Exit to Springfield [the plant protest / DENTAL PLAN episode] would never, ever happen again

modern simpsons would make a big joke out of it, homer stupid, lisa whiny, guest star <current cultural icon> as the scab who takes Homer's job

e. and the scab is literally that celebrity, not just the voice. their reasoning for applying to the plant is <humorous reference to their career>

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

NorgLyle posted:

Simpsons Safari had some funny bits; the real trash in season twelve is stuff like Tennis the Menace, Insane Clown Poppy but especially Simpsons Tall Tales. Nobody wants to see stupid short feature episodes outside of Treehouse of Horror and really by XI we were already only putting up with that because it was a tradition.

I liked treehouse of horror before the regular episodes started getting just as ridiculous

I feel like it used to be the writers' one chance a year to do silly fun stuff with the cast and setting, and not worry about canon or whatever, and now, well

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Arcsquad12 posted:

Krusty's horrible marketing is supposed to be funny because it's so awful. Worker and Parasite is fantastic for being so bizarrely terrible.

What the hell was that? :psykrusty:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the critic is loving incredible and I still appreciate the dated references to this day

also any time Guernica is mentioned in other media, I immediately think back to "Take that, Guernica!"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rshem5ejOh8

New England, you're going back to old England!

e. The Clinton joke here always gets me, every god drat time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZEio9pet4

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tree Goat posted:

Season 78 Premiere: a dust storm causes the emergency solar generator to fail. In response, the computer that generates new episodes begins to enter stand-by mode. In the process of clearing its volatile memory of non mission-critical elements, it inadvertently produces a clip show of highlights from seasons 25-77, although there is no longer an audience capable of watching it. Guest stars: whatever multicellular life managed to survive the Great Unmaking.

Riptor posted:

this is coming within 5 years, easily

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A Fancy Hat posted:

Bart tries, and fails, to become a famous MeTube celebrity. But Lisa discovers his webcam and reinvents herself as an online celebrity. Will she handle the pressure of fame? At the nuclear plant, Mr. Burns installs a crane game which Homer becomes obsessed with. Guest starring Josh Gad as the voice of the crane game. It's "About Ethics in Simpsons Journalism" - this Sunday on Fox!

Nope, MeTube is way too clever a knock on Youtube and its celebrities / obsessives. It'd be

or maybe Cletus gets some of Mary's recordin' money and make YallTube or something

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

get that OUT of my face posted:

he won an emmy for the maison d'erriere song

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sentient Data posted:

People think miku is vocaloid's #1 star, but it's actually bart

has hatsune miku been on the simpsons yet

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
drederick tatum kneels during the national anthem

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I've had this permanently burned into my brain since it first aired, I nearly died laughing when I first saw it

(ohhhhh, Dr. Zaius!)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ein cooler Typ posted:

if you don't watch 1 and 2 you're a filthy casual

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

This scene today would be only recurring background characters and not the nobodies that seen here

ever since someone mentioned that this became a thing at some point, it bugs me so much now

like early seasons had so many random townsfolk

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PostNouveau posted:

Last Sunday they had Homer find out Maggie is a savant at whistling. It was loving terrible.

at what point does this stop

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

This is not an edit or a fan thing by the way, this is very real

I also didn't realize how Family Guy-ish it was until I saw that clip isolated like that, and god does the modern animation suck dicks

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A room full of adults who get paid more than I will ever make reviewed the script for that scene, green lit it, and then nodded approvingly at the final product, proud of their efforts

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Detective No. 27 posted:

I heard Lisa becoming a vegetarian was a condition for Paul and Lynda McCartney to guest star.

lmao really

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Not a Children posted:

I still think "Oregano- What the hell?" is the best delivered line in the entire series

It seriously is

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eCeX0oN4uw

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWI_ECKrBc

I was thinking of this joke today and laughed, I still could not believe they aired it when I first saw it, even with the disclaimer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wizard Master posted:

Great addition to the opening credits

really