Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Inf, give me a vig in your other game so I can kill someone.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I activate my ##SHINE Sick Burn Ability!

BottleKnight, reflect on the incalculable series of events that dictate your reality, and how they led you to fail us in launching this internet game in a reasonable time frame.

:colbert:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming that I'm a space alcoholic

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Drops the space equivalent of a pewter tankard.

What's up, haven't really been present since launch all the space booze. I suppose all booze IS space booze...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm knee deep in Wintermester stuff, but I''ll be here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm knee deep in Wintermester stuff, but I''ll be here.

Ah nvm, I see it's moved to tomorrow.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Diqnol posted:

I want to know:

Favorite Color
Favorite Movie
Favorite Person To Hang Day 1

Equally relevant questions.

I like all the colors
Fire Walk With Me, Pulp Fiction or The End of Evangelion
Don't have one. Let chaos reign.

I'm terribly indecisive...

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah Diqnol, please understand that Tobbs was just joking and don't actually do it

LOL

----

Are the votes and comments between infinitum and tommunist real. Instead of Aussie slapfight as retro put it, we have two people who've jokingly claimed scum. Like nothing about that seems like real jabs at one another and I think looking at it as indicative of anything is scummy.

Also stick up advocating between their vote and Moat's is weird. This seems like the Moat that I always think is scum and is town.

Would vote stick up for the weird TD request, but yeah, also wary of inf and tomm.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

I never claimed scum.

Stop lying, Mr Liar Liar Pant On Fire

If you're talking about pre-game where I claimed scum because we were all joking around with fake PMs and roles..

Then you are clearly not reading the game :psyduck:

Infinitum posted:

Yeah but I'm playing my scum game this time, so what are ya gonna do

Probably sarcasm directed at Moat, but your reaction to his joking pressure is outlandish.

Infinitum posted:

You know who uses weird rear end phrases like "non-town" this early in a game?

Scum that know I have to either be Town, or a 3P.

##vote Tommunist

Did you just claim that scum know you're town or 3P, are you implying you're 3P? Seems like a cop out.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
15 years ago, Kim would have spent every moment of her shift dutifully monitoring the feeds for any security breeches, but at one and a half decade's experience under her belt, she knew that jack poo poo was going to happen.

4 or 5 parsecs to the next sector, a fifth of Telysian Rum to bide the time. She wasn't watching anything tonight. Not now, not ever again.

Kimberly lets her hair down, and breaks out a cheaper value sized jug of bourbon and calls any under the sound of her voice down to the brig.

"Alright you donkeybrains, Truth or Dare?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

this is a stickup posted:

I don't have nothin to say about that

"A cloistered type, eh? Well, we've got several light years of travel ahead of us. Buckle up, buttercup." Kimberly said, sliding the equivalent of a space tankard towards Stickup.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Kimberly leaned in over the table, light from the floor grate etching the features of her face ominously.

"That's the spirit. What holovid actor or actress would you geek out to be in the presence of?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr
- No Town kill last night
- Tomm claims he jailed Moat
- I claim I was blocked last night.
- Ergo Moat is the likeliest scum target because 2 'blocking' style abilities have been used

:murder::siren::murder: Vote Moat :murder::siren::murder:

Tomm = A
Moat = B
Inf = C
??? = D

A blocks B.
C is blocked by D.

A claims jailer.

C and D have nothing to do with A and B, also how do you know you were blocked? you got a PM that said explicitly that you were blocked.

Also poo poo votes from Pig and Stickup on Moat.

LMAO is not a reason.

##vote Infinitum he's up to fishy poo poo and it's plain to see.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I get there's no counter claim to his claim of doctor, but it seems little too opportune in my honest opinion. I don't believe his claim to be sincere.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Wait, still most importantly. Inf somehow knows he was blocked. How do you know this?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

He would most likely get a PM saying his action failed.

Doesn't mean he was blocked with certainty though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Doesn't mean he was blocked with certainty though.

Could be an ascetic trait, could be a hider, or a commuter, several things could result in his action failing so assuming as fact that there is a roleblocker is a bit scummy, because he doesn't sell it as oh, there might be. He goes, I was blocked. Definitive.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Stickup, what don't you like about my post?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

you completely skip over entire reason votes got placed on to moat in favor of unrelated things

you deny the possibility that inf knows for sure he was roleblocked. there is only one way you'd be able to do that

A and B having nothing to do with C and D also has nothing to do with C knowing he was blocked, but the existence of multiple blocking abilities does call things into question

We don't know for sure that Inf was roleblocked unless he says that's what his PM told him.

Also I didn't see a good reason to vote Moat. I read them, but that's very WiFOM. Person got blocked, no one died. Must be the kill, but he could have been protected by the jailing since a jailer would confer protection.

So the argument isn't a great one, as such why would I waste my time on that avenue of thought?

I'm much more concerned with the certainty of infinitum's claim. You don't take such an affirmative stance without some concrete evidence to support it and I've yet to see that and am questioning the validity of Infinitum's claim as doctor and that he was blocked, uncountered or no.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Asiina

The fact that she mentioned having a cool role feels a bit opportunistic to me. If she truly wasn't reading the game and didn't care about it, I don't think she would have mentioned having a PR - so to me it reads like scum trying to justify not getting trying to make cases / scumhunt.

But even if she is town, I'd honestly rather just get rid of people who signed up and then aren't playing because it makes the game less fun. I have scum reads on Tobbs and Moat but at least they're willing to engage in discussion.

Best case scenario would be BK finding a replacement for Asiina but if that doesn't happen I think this is the best vote.

I think a lot of us have been there at one point or another - all I'd ask is to be more selective of how many/which games you sign up for in the future :glomp:

I think this is a lazy vote MMT, like there are better candidates. I mean, if you have scum reads on a player push those cases. This feels like a forced cop out vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

We don't know for sure that Inf was roleblocked unless he says that's what his PM told him.

Also I didn't see a good reason to vote Moat. I read them, but that's very WiFOM. Person got blocked, no one died. Must be the killer, but he could have been protected by the jailing since a jailer would confer protection.

So the argument isn't a great one, as such why would I waste my time on that avenue of thought?

I'm much more concerned with the certainty of infinitum's claim. You don't take such an affirmative stance without some concrete evidence to support it and I've yet to see that and am questioning the validity of Infinitum's claim as doctor and that he was blocked, uncountered or no.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't really know how to reply to the accusation that I'm not pushing cases on the people who I think are scum.

Like I said, I do actually think Asiina is scum, because she went through the trouble of providing us a reason we shouldn't lynch her even though she also told us she's chosen not to participate in the game. I'm not 100% sure of it (because how could I be?) but it's believable enough to me that I think it's a stronger vote than Moat or Tobbs.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Asii/AA were on the same scumteam but I feel like it'd be jumping ahead to go down that road.

It's just that, Asiina did this not invested in Tobbs game, and she was town then, so maybe that's me projecting my concern. However, I do understand why you find her suspicious, just feels like a weak vote for the day.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Looks like I missed out on the fun. The mystery is alive. Time to drink a tall glass of wholesome space water.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

I can flip myself

"Space Zooommmbbbiiiiiiieeeeeeee~! Shove it through the airlock."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's not a cop result, but unless scum are vanilla Stickup/AA are probably not scum.

I have no results on CPig, diqnol, opop, and Max. I'm assuming infinitum is town due to the doc claim.

I really think this is a mistake.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

it's weird that you have no idea when people have been suspicious of tobbs from d1 and when the confirmed town joat had a scum result on him

tobbs has no results that can be confirmed. I claimed passenger d1, of course I went nowhere - I'm a safe choice to fake an action ##vote tobbs

aa hasn't posted in 3 real life days and his posting looks scummy as poo poo on a reread. are you sure you didn't track' your scumbro 'nowhere' on n1?

I'll admit I haven't been giving A effort here, but I've given honest, real opinions.

It was my little one's bday yesterday :) Year One done. Now just every other year without hitch until I'm in the dirt hopefully. Also wrapping up wintermester at school. Anyhow that's why I haven't been around as much, but I'm here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Like I said, I wasn't suspicious of INF post doc claim. The only thing that gives me pause is that he claimed to be roleblocked N1, and every roleblock in this game (apart from infs N1 claim) has been due to tomm's jailing.

Now he's jumping on me because of the flipped JOAT's claim of an action that can't possibly have targeted me (Jedit's action couldn't get through tomm's jail N1).

Unless we have a cop, I'm the only town investigative role alive. Once scum eliminate me they can kill with impunity.

Jedit posted:

I targeted Moat N1. That's how I knew Tomm wasn't lying about being Jailer.

Jedit N1

Tommunist posted:

ya i jialed u lmaowe

@Tobbs, N2.

Jedit, confirmed JOAT has result on Tobbs, N2.

Tobbs claimed tracker claims to have a failed tracking action

Tommunist, confirmed Jailer says he jailed Tobbs, but Jedit says that's a lie.

The WiFOU is that Tomm did lie, and Jedit did get a result on Tobbs.

I think Max or RF could be SK, Pig is suss.

I think if we lynch Tobbs today we might be screwed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The problem is: With tomm dead we can only infer if he was being a loving troll.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Still have feelings about Inf.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I am extremely wary about assuming that.

That's not an assumption though, it's stating that there are two assumptions. A. He was a loving troll, or B. He jailed tobbs which proves someone has the ability to interfere with results.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Scum redirected Jedit's action to one of themselves. Maybe they thought he was just a cop, but they got lucky in that Jedit had tried to cop me. If I hadn't been jailed I'd have been mislynched yesterday.

People saying "test the claim, test the claim" look really bad to me right now, as we've established that BK made his jail block all night actions from getting through.

I've always ran Jailer as it renders it's target untargetable, and nullifies any actions the target took.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Why are you puzzling out who the SK is but aren't even paying lip service to scum?

Well that's not entirely true. I'm looking for all non-town. As alcoholic security chief of this ship, It's in my best interests to make sure you all are safe. I mean I know people are dying and all, but.... *hic*... that's not my fault.

In all seriousness, though. Yeah... Looking for all non-town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

So if Tomm did lie about his jail target, then Tobbs was regular role blocked (since he claims to have failed the night he was supposedly jailed) which would open him up to an investigation from Jedit, which means his cop on tobbs is accurate. If Tomm wasn't lying then who knows what the hell is going on but I'm not following how he is a bad lunch target for today.

Like it's clear what the options are in that situation:

A. Confirmed Jailer, Tommunist jails Tobbs. Jedit attempts to cop Tobbs, and either has his investigation redirected or his result interfered with.
B. Confirmed Jailer Tommunist is a filthy liar. Tobbs is scum, because Jedit was a Confirmed, JOAT.

I'd rather look at other players before pushing the Tobbs lynch because there is more uncertainty there than can be assuaged.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I tracked him to nobody N1. I don't remember if he's claimed, but that partially clears him of suspicion in my book.

I basically feel the same way about him as I do you. If there's evidence that someone hasn't performed a kill, or even any night action, I'm probably going to need a lot of convincing to vote for them. I'd see a push on you or AA today as scummy.

I'm vanilla fwiw.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I feel really uncomfortable bringing the giant question mark that is Tobbs closer to endgame.

Going through AA's Day 1 again, there isn't much in terms of posts. This and him calling out Inf stick out. It's interesting that he didn't take a stance on who he likes to see lunched Day 1, which is really weak.

Sorry pal', been busy. Anyhow, Inf would have been my choice D1. The only reason I want to give him any pass at all his doc claim which he wears like a merit badge, because his play is scummy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

the large amount of "I don't know how to parse this" and can't make sense of whatever in there has been worrying me a little

seems uncharacteristic for max

Exactly, what's so unclear about the situation?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

I'm saying it because it doesn't make sense. AA is reading like he thinks Tomm straight up lied about his role. We know inf claimed to be roleblocked, so if Tobbs is town he still could have been RB'd and investigated.

. . .

OK right, if we assume the RB is scum then Tobbs would have been redirected for that result to have happened. Bleh, now I get it.

I'm having trouble parsing you lol

Like, I never thought Tomm lied about his role. The uncertainty lies in his "lmao I jialed u" post which was directed at Tobbs.

Either he Jailed him Night 2, rendering the JOAT investigation useless.

OR

He lied and didn't jail him Night 2, and instead jailed another player. If he jailed a vanilla player like myself, we'd have never known, and Tomm is dead so there's not a way to determine if he was being an rear end about that "lmao I jialed u" business.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

quote:

Here, Max thinks that a redirector would have targeted me, when he knows a redirector would have targeted Jedit for him to get the action he did. He's pushing a narrative based on a lie about misunderstanding how redirectors work.

This is a valid point that Tobbs brings up. Like how is there any confusion about whom would have been targeted for a redirect in this interaction?

I'm leaning Max at this point, but would still like to hear more from others myself.

Tobbs is a question and we are nearing the end, but to paint Tobb's lynch as too much of a question, that just doesn't sit right with me given that we've eliminated one scum in the game and that was a NK by what is likely an SK, because a Vigilante probably would have claimed by now especially if it was X-Shot, and if it wasn't there'd be more death.

So SK is almost guaranteed.

One SK. Two Scum. Five Town.

Max as SK or Scum.

Lurkers for Scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Why SK and not scum?

Because he's probably scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like I don't doubt at all that Pig is scum.

Would vote there too, but I think he does have you pegged for SK max.

• Locked thread