Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't follow these sports. But I look forward to watching professional sports players compete with eachother for the title of best sportsman. How do you plan to celebrate this cultural event? Do you enjoy the game or the commercials more? We can talk about the game that is being played here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did you know that Foot Locker employees dress like sportsball judemans?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's a bad sport I'm honestly not sure how it's popular

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

freckle posted:

Did you know that Foot Locker employees dress like sportsball judemans?

That is the fun of going to Sports Locker to buy shoes. I enjoy running to my car after finalizing my purchase. It puts me in a sporting mood.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I'm working and I don't really care. The team for where I used to live is in so go them I guess even though the players on the team aren't from there so I don't understand why anybody is supposed to cheer them.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ScrubLeague posted:

It's a bad sport I'm honestly not sure how it's popular

That kind of talk isn't going to win you any friends. Maybe you should be more positive about this superior bowl.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

cumshitter posted:

That is the fun of going to Sports Locker to buy shoes. I enjoy running to my car after finalizing my purchase. It puts me in a sporting mood.

im a big fan of engaging with brands

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
When trump sees all of the commercials that say immigrants are humans he'll be freakin FURIOUS! but he'll be horny when he sees that lady gaga has #resists written on her boob

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't watch "football"

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Kurtofan posted:

I don't watch "football"

are you ready for some (((football)))

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
If so much as a sparkler is lit in that stadium,

WATCH TRUMP START A loving WAR

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
gonna copy / paste this hot-take og mine from NCTV cause theres nothing more to say w/r/t football

i hope the patriots lose bad brady/bellichcik/kraft have all prostrated themselves before trump and wore the hat gently caress em all

childrens football should be banned (and hopefully the NFL goes full scale :qq: ) if u dont like it, then buy ur kid some ice skates cause iirc hockey players typically loose their teeth instead of develop a brain disease that makes u take ur own life. plus as already brought up - the outcry would be great to watch (parents oblivious that their shiety meaty kid can still play at their private chartered school or the poor lil public school kiddo who can still play w/ friends in the park after class and prefers to do that anyways cause they got moxie :kiddo: )

stupid, so stupid

im gonna smoke a bowl

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Don't forget to make some ¡Jeb! guac for the big game tonight!

¡Jeb! posted:

Jeb! Bush's Guacamole

Avocados "Make sure they're not too ripe, but they gotta be ripe enough."

Cilantro

Onions

Jalapeño "rather than chile serrano"

Garlic "not too much"

Notes:

No lemon and no tomatoes.

And don't go making this in a bowl. "You gotta use a molcajete," Bush said.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I didn't watch last year because gently caress cam newton who is basically the donald tromp of quarterbacks

i'm not watching this year because gently caress tom brady, bill belichick, and robert craft for helping bring this poo poo on all of us

also i have no desire to listen to tv shitheads fellate brady and the pats for hours in general

i will be stuffing my face in silence and tears like any other sunday

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

not gonna be watching (hmmm I wonder what my phone's text prediction says for the rest of this post) for the job posting on Craigslist and I have to deal with the new administration I have to deal with the new administration I have to deal with the new administration I have to deal with the new administration I have to deal with the new administration I have to deal with the new administration I have to deal with the new administration I have to deal with the new administration

holy poo poo :cawg:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

what happened to :mawg:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

MaxxBot posted:

What was the point of selling the Special Edition JEB!!! Guac Bowl if you can't even use it to make JEB!!!'s Special Guac? Sad and low energy.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
not gonna watch but it'd be cool if lady gaga does some anti-trump protest speech during the most watched TV broadcast of the year. it could be what sparks the civil war

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

not gonna watch but it'd be cool if lady gaga does some anti-trump protest speech during the most watched TV broadcast of the year. it could be what sparks the civil war

This will be the celebrity feud that finally ends Trump!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I didn't have a party to go to until this morning, I was kind of looking forward to having the game on in the background while I do some work around the house because I'm way behind on poo poo around here. But I should also see friends every once in a while so I'll go. I stop caring about football as soon as the Lions are done each year.

MaxxBot posted:

This is legit guac but I put in a little bit of lime juice and a pinch of cumin too. Sometimes a couple drops of sriracha if it's not hot enough. The trick is to put the avocados in the molcajete and then put some salt over them before smashing, that way the salt helps to pulverize them.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Yeah this is the recipe I actually normally use.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe.html

quote:

3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I dislike football because it is popular ha ha ha hahaha !!! :smug: :smug: :smug:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Cubs won, why should I watch this? :smugbert:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's gotta be far cheaper to just buy pre-made guac and add whatever extra poo poo you want in there than to buy the ingredients and make a bunch that is gonna go to waste, right?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I plan to listen to the big game alone on the radio and try to figure out what the various terms mean.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
got my balls painted got my microdick out for the team

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
i don't care too much about sports but i like sports movies mostly. why are there so many more baseball movies than football movies? any given sunday is the only serious football movie i can think of and it's good but there are like a hundred Very Serious Baseball Movies. baseball is super boring. is it just because it's also super white, like hollywood?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
im ready op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i don't care too much about sports but i like sports movies mostly. why are there so many more baseball movies than football movies? any given sunday is the only serious football movie i can think of and it's good but there are like a hundred Very Serious Baseball Movies. baseball is super boring. is it just because it's also super white, like hollywood?

baseball is pretty easy to act because you can frame it as one person vs. the world; ie. pitching or hitting

football is a bit more difficult because you have to cast well for the entire team and give all of them decent screen time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
no because it starts at 11:30pm and i've got owrk tomorrow

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
egg

hand

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Any given sunday is the best football movie but it's only sorta about football

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Bip Roberts posted:

Any given sunday is the best football movie but it's only sorta about football

which is why it is a good sports movie. who wants to watch a movie that is actually about a baseball game or whatever lol

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I was stuck watching Fox News at the gym this morning and they had some segment about "Is the media tougher on Tom Brady because of his friendship with Trump" segment and it was completely idiotic because anyone who watches any amount of football knows the media slobs all over Tom's knob.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
One of the players last name is WEENS

He has WEENS on his back

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

cumshitter posted:

One of the players last name is WEENS

He has WEENS on his back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0n6K3Nbmew

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

which is why it is a good sports movie. who wants to watch a movie that is actually about a baseball game or whatever lol

if it's about the Cubs' meteoric win in 2016, I'd watch it every night!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I dont know how this lithium bowl started but i am enjoying it so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Weeping Wound posted:

if it's about the Cubs' meteoric win in 2016, I'd watch it every night!

yeah. that was basically one of the only things that made me walk around smiling like an idiot for a full day

• Locked thread