Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
First impressions of the playthrough so far:
- Political allegory. Free market. "Would you kindly?,". In the age of Trump this words hit very close to home, and it makes me think of the political charts where left and right are the x axis, and the y axis is libertarian-authoritarian. The Bioshock badguys are in the bottom right, and I'm roleplaying my main character as being in the top-left. Im also headcanoning my player character as a woman of color; the game only lets you play as a white dude because lol IBPOC/female representation in 00s gaming.
- The bad guys are called Big Daddy and I sexualize those words now, because I follow like 30 facebook pages titled various permutations of the phrase "Daddy's Little Princess", which post screenshots of tumblr posts and iMessage conversations where a guy says "I'm tgoing to treat you like a princess, and gently caress you like a whore"👌🏼 and the girl goes 😍, etc. Thus the player-enemy dynamic is really different through a modern lens.
- The "old crooning music made creepy with reverb and generally unsettling atmosphere" is even creepier in 2017 than it was when Bioshock was released, because the music is slightly older now.

Skylark

🌺 You, yes you, reading this. You are important, && I care about you. 🌺

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
lol

little munchkin
listing to tool -aenema

----snip----

It's a bullshit, three ring, circus sideshow of freaks

Here in this hopeless loving hole we call LA (the USA?)
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away
Any loving time, any loving day
Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona bay

One great big festering neon distraction
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied

Learn to swim (drain the swamp)

gently caress smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas
gently caress these dysfunctional
Insecure actresses

Time to bring it down again
Don't just call me a pessimist
Try and read it between the lines (fake news)
I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend

I wanna see it come down (bannon singing this)
Wanna bring it down

Lookin' Retro
Feelin' Retro

QueefLatina

eternal thx to scrub/dendy/crap/arf

if only we could all "learn to swim"...

ultimatez0rmaster

cool sig byCAT FASHION SATIN 666 DISBORT HOG DUDE ERECTILE LYLE , BAKOU & THE DENDY CREW
GAMERTAG: B6Y9O9B6
https://www.twitter.com/pokthepenguin/

Skylark posted:

- Political allegory. Free market. "Would you kindly?,". In the age of Trump this words hit very close to home, and it makes me think of the political charts where left and right are the x axis, and the y axis is libertarian-authoritarian. The Bioshock badguys are in the bottom right, and I'm roleplaying my main character as being in the top-left. Im also headcanoning my player character as a woman of color; the game only lets you play as a white dude because lol IBPOC/female representation in 00s gaming.
- The bad guys are called Big Daddy and I sexualize those words now, because I follow like 30 facebook pages titled various permutations of the phrase "Daddy's Little Princess", which post screenshots of tumblr posts and iMessage conversations where a guy says "I'm tgoing to treat you like a princess, and gently caress you like a whore"👌🏼 and the girl goes 😍, etc. Thus the player-enemy dynamic is really different through a modern lens.
- The "old crooning music made creepy with reverb and generally unsettling atmosphere" is even creepier in 2017 than it was when Bioshock was released, because the music is slightly older now.

vaginal facsimile

http://myanimelist.net/profile/spbbbb
ty cat dynamite, scrub lover, nessa
Old Sigs: http://i.imgur.com/2x6FJEa.png http://i.imgur.com/3HOVbjB.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT62m9mZJhE

Skylark posted:

by Lowtax

general anime

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

*sets a poo poo videogame in the 20s instead of the 50s and puts it underwater instead of underground* oh me? im just "bethesda SoftWOrks" haha.

ultimatez0rmaster

cool sig byCAT FASHION SATIN 666 DISBORT HOG DUDE ERECTILE LYLE , BAKOU & THE DENDY CREW

Skylark posted:

lmao

a Loving Dog

ARF and Catdynamite are kewl

Skylark posted:

mycophobia

anime

heh

Stinky Fuck Face
nightbae smokewheat

The bad BioShock seems more appropriate for Trump's America

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
you mustn't post here

jack.

The XKCD Larper

serious norman

凸[◣_◢]凸UNBAN CHIPE凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support FYAD凸[◣_◢]凸

Replaying Fallout: NEw Vegas in Trump's post-cataclysmic America. Wow.

The XKCD Larper
lmao

ol yeller

Skylark posted:

lmao

dionysian

----------------

Skylark posted:

lmfao

extremebuff

----------------

PinkoBastard

Skylark posted:

PleasingFungus

Skylark posted:

HORMELCHILI

Turned light saber to realistic combat in jedi knight II ten years after the fact in this day in age and let me say, wow... Never truly thought about having my arms and legs cut off by a sith until the most recent round of executive orders kept showing on my iphone lock screen inbetween pizza hut coupons. Life is so fragile and this game was years before its time (and in a galaxy far far away rofl)

Holocaust Princess

anne frank fanfic

Skylark posted:

Gamers are goo-reat!

Lumpy the Cook

----------------

anne frank fanfic posted:

Turned light saber to realistic combat in jedi knight II ten years after the fact in this day in age and let me say, wow... Never truly thought about having my arms and legs cut off by a sith until the most recent round of executive orders kept showing on my iphone lock screen inbetween pizza hut coupons. Life is so fragile and this game was years before its time (and in a galaxy far far away rofl)

ultimatez0rmaster

ll

ArfJason
lmfao

trying to jack off

anne frank fanfic posted:

lol

HORMELCHILI

Skylark posted:

Retarded_Clown_

White Genocide
lmao

Debate Me Please

Skylark posted:

yeah actually they will

Skylark posted:

Lmao Tzu

Lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

by zen death robot

my wheelhouse

----------------

Skylark posted:

Oh Long Johnson

Skylark posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Pink Babble

----------------

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
goldmine

jack.
  • Locked thread