Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the NFL isn't tightly scripted. nobody really cares what the poo poo tier teams do. let the jags and the vikes shoot their shots. but by the time the conference finals roll around it will be clear that the NFL is scripted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Pro Wrestling is less scripted than the NFL which is why the XFL re-birth will be the end of the NFL.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I prefer to think of it as a Whose Line Is It Anyway script, where everything's made up and the points don't matter.

The Cleveland Browns are Colin Mochrie.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That’s just insulting to Colin Mochrie.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

That’s just insulting to Colin Mochrie.

He's used to the bald and short jokes by now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the Browns are Tony Slattery. Excellent throughout the late 80's, then fell off throughout the early 90's only to disappear entirely for a few years, then come back in a greatly diminished role

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This league is rigged as heck and I'm frustrated in the posterior way about it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like there are two separate writers group and the one in charge of the AFC just doesnt give a gently caress.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

I feel like there are two separate writers group and the one in charge of the AFC just doesnt give a gently caress.

He's been turning in the same script just occasionally crossing a team out.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The NFL scripted clownball to push the Scorigami narrative

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

He's been turning in the same script just occasionally crossing a team out.

Look at those NFC chumps, sweating it out on how to rotate fresh teams in year after year, how to gracefully give non playoff teams narrative focus time. I bet you think theres a lot of pride in that. Well We here in the AFC pride ourselves on different values, we believe in working 9-5 with two hour lunches, summer fridays, and in office alcohol available on demand.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barudak posted:

Look at those NFC chumps, sweating it out on how to rotate fresh teams in year after year, how to gracefully give non playoff teams narrative focus time. I bet you think theres a lot of pride in that. Well We here in the AFC pride ourselves on different values, we believe in working 9-5 with two hour lunches, summer fridays, and in office alcohol available on demand.

clearly nobody is actually paying attention to what the AFC team is doing, poo poo they out and out copied one of the NFC arcs, they just made the record slightly worse to compensate and hope nobody would notice

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Patriots are the John Cena of the NFL.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
For the NFL script, is Jonah Hill still going to play Sashi Brown?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
The National Football League has matches that consist of a series of predetermined events written on paper that ultimately state the victors and losers.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Gruden's deal came with the promise of NFL support, so ESPN could dump his salary. Look for lots of pro-raider calls to come.

Patriots "power struggle" story is fake news meant to drive interest in a dying franchise

:sax:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

the script this week appears to be: throw flags when Tom Brady's team needs them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As I noted above, the AFC writes the same drat story every season and whenever they write themselves into a corner they just go "A referee calls a penalty for the Pats" no matter how absurd the situation.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CyberPingu posted:

The Patriots are the John Cena of the NFL.

but john cena is a good guy and everyone hates the patriots :confused:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Coolwhoami posted:

ITS SCRIPTED

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I've never watched a more scripted game

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BUG JUG posted:

the script this week appears to be: throw flags when Tom Brady's team needs them

:emptyquote:

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
The New England Patriots(*)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The NFL is very, very scripted.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The script sucks and needs new writers.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BUG JUG posted:

you know, like literally every week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

fartknocker posted:

The script sucks and needs new writers.

Call Vince Russo, bro.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Call Vince Russo, bro.

b-b-but, standards and practices!!!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
The NFL's script is like one of those rom coms where the lead is a real loser and jealous of their rival who seems to win at everything, but there's no plot development and it just stays that way the whole time. Certified fresh.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Moneyball posted:

The NFL's script is like one of those rom coms where the lead is a real loser and jealous of their rival who seems to win at everything, but there's no plot development and it just stays that way the whole time. Certified fresh.

So is the NFL more of a Screech or a Slater?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

nah posted:

the nfl is literally scripted

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

So is the NFL more of a Screech or a Slater?

Mr Belding

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There's no way a team lead by Blake Bortles makes it to the AFC Championship game without the NFL being heavily scripted.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The 2017-18 NFL is scripted by Mark Frost and David Lynch

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kirios posted:

There's no way a team lead by Blake Bortles makes it to the AFC Championship game without the NFL being heavily scripted.

It makes sense. I mean, if the Steelers had won today, then next week would be another case of "Pats are handed the game on a platter made of blatantly rigged calls."

But, by giving the jobber team the upset today, no one will be surprised when the Pats win.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
The NFL is completely scripted.

And I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
today's episodes didn't quite make up for yesterdays but they were p good

• Locked thread