Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
God I hate this loving script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
AFC, you are pathetic.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Fold this garbage league

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

AFC, you are pathetic.

Absolute
loving
Crap

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Brady loves trump and ruined football so Donald could blame ratings lag on black people

Not a fan of the storyline, but I gotta admit they tie up loose ends neatly

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As a fan of an AFC team:

The AFC is a garbage conference filled with garbage teams that continue to let this garbage happen year in and year out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's like the NFL looked at the XFL and Vince and went "Let's make the Patriots the heel everyone wants to see lose because he wins all the time and they'll pay money for this." Pats are basically Triple H.

It's all just entertainment.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The NFL is scripted.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Don't worry, I'm sure the Vikings or Eagles can do it!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
gently caress this stupid rear end league. Ever since we saw that leak loving pic of the super bowl it was scripted. Get hosed forever NFL

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gatts posted:

It's like the NFL looked at the XFL and Vince and went "Let's make the Patriots the heel everyone wants to see lose because he wins all the time and they'll pay money for this." Pats are basically Triple H.

It's all just entertainment.

Triple H at least made NXT awesome.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Triple H at least made NXT awesome.

triple h put over more talent than brady

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Triple H never put over anyone who was as big a stiff as Eli Manning

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/OurStateCSU/status/955215619909193729

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

gently caress this stupid rear end league. Ever since we saw that leak loving pic of the super bowl it was scripted. Get hosed forever NFL

What do you think made the NFL pick the New England Patriots as their 20-year heel plot?

MA residents tend to be more liberal and educated. Maybe its some kind of coastal elitist Hollywood plot. TB12 is from SF after all.

What % of the league do you think is lizard people/secret Jews? Remember this is a 20-year plot so aim high.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Haha lol right. It’s all just entertainment.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

That's right folks. The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

What do you think made the NFL pick the New England Patriots as their 20-year heel plot?

MA residents tend to be more liberal and educated. Maybe its some kind of coastal elitist Hollywood plot. TB12 is from SF after all.

What % of the league do you think is lizard people/secret Jews? Remember this is a 20-year plot so aim high.

9/11 is what did it. America was reeling from the attacks & a team literally named the Patriots seemed like the right team to have be the new storyline the country could root for. Hell, they entered New Orleans as a team instead of individually like the Rams did.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

You’re right PsychoInternetHawk it’s the jews making the patriots win

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Phobeste posted:

Secret jews*

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Cryptojews. Probably the same ones behind Bitcoin? Just spitballing here

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

9/11 is what did it. America was reeling from the attacks & a team literally named the Patriots seemed like the right team to have be the new storyline the country could root for. Hell, they entered New Orleans as a team instead of individually like the Rams did.

America's taking a real long time to get its poo poo together here, it's almost 17 years later and the Patriots are still going to the Super Bowl

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The blockchain jews wrote the script

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Jewlian Edelman

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

America's taking a real long time to get its poo poo together here, it's almost 17 years later and the Patriots are still going to the Super Bowl

Look around, the country is still irrevocably broken from 9/11.

Phobeste posted:

Other way around. The Jews are the only ones using their powers to stop the Pats winning. How else did Eli Manning kill their SB dreams twice?

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I can't tell what percentage of people in this thread are being ironic and what percentage have just had their brain completely broken by TD12.

Also how much the former is possibly disguising the latter.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/955223352737697793

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Even NFL Research is like "Is this poo poo weird or what, man. It's like...strange...isn't it? Like...this is out of the norm, hmmmm....."

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Seems normal

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Yeah they script it

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Fire the writers into the sun imo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Julian Edelman, normally

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 22, 2018

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Warned and told to get out before the season... looks like the scriptwriters are plagiarizing....

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chichevache posted:

Jewlian Edelman

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jewlian Edelman

lmao

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jewlian Edelman

:rip:

Edit

Lol your probation reason. That'll sting forever.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Android Apocalypse posted:

This is absolutely the case though.
I knew that was exactly what they were going for when friends of mine who didn't even like or watch football (or any sport) were posting in their Livejournals about how a team called the Patriots winning was some sort of poetic catharsis that helped set their own hearts at ease.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

chiches get stitches

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Patriots are so good that they don't have to commit penalties. Penalties are usually caused by being beat on a play, something that only happens to inferior non patriot players

• Locked thread