Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
drat, sounds like it's not even worth catching up on. If they had done that Russian spoiler it would've been epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm shocked any of this operation is illegal in the 24verse. Set off a couple of nukes in Trump's america and see what civil rights remain.

If even half the poo poo that happened on 24 happened to this country in real life, it would resemble a police state that makes Mega City 1 look like a hippie commune.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Dredd TV show following the 24 format would be amazing.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Did they every follow up on that IT guy the boss choked out in CTU a couple of shows ago?

Also, did they ever follow up on the Drug Boss Brother's co-boss and girlfriend who ran off at some point after their plot to takeover was foiled?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Did they every follow up on that IT guy the boss choked out in CTU a couple of shows ago?

Also, did they ever follow up on the Drug Boss Brother's co-boss and girlfriend who ran off at some point after their plot to takeover was foiled?

Next season on 24:

Masuka wakes up to find everyone went home and he's locked in CTU.

Meanwhile, Carter's brother gets a surprising phone call."Listen baby, I know I tried to get you killed by some Latinos but I think what we have is really special..."

And the country mourns the loss of a hero...

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Hahaha, oh my god. The first one in particular is terrible.

*Gets shot while going well beyond your expected duties*

"I'm gonna take that vacation now, not like I get paid medical leave or anything"

:911:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Finally choked down the last few episodes of this...utterly unnecessary and wasteful...thing.

Good god this was painfully mediocre. If their plan was to really resurrect this show then I think they probably massively hosed up. Anyone heard anything?

It's like they just recycled and mad-lib'd all sorts of things from the original into a gray mush. And I don't think any of the actors deserve any of the blame for it. This is the first time in a long while I've regretted starting to watch a show or continuing to watch after the first episode (because you hope it gets better). I should've just realized to skip it after Sepinwall's review.

If people from the original :twentyfour: hadn't been involved in this I would've assumed that whoever created/ran/wrote it had watched a few episodes here and there of the original and basically made a cheap :twentyfour: knockoff that just goes through the motions. Keep in mind, I know the original was not a great show and could be just as predictable, but there was just something so off and manufactured about all of this. Ultimately, I just feel :smith: for Hawkins, Smith, Otto, Sears, McRainey, Fehr, Bernard, and whoever plays the guy that looks like Ed Helms (holy gently caress that's who he reminded me of).

RIP :twentyfour:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I still find it mind boggling that they had years since LAD to come up with some fresh ideas. And they're using the 12 hour format again, which should have trimmed the fat.

And it's largely the original crew, who are familiar with the expectations of fans. I felt no "drive" from the people behind the show to win over fans who didn't really want a Jackless 24. Like, they could have come up with something way more interesting for Tony. Did they know they had the Super Bowl premiere?

It just feels like they were making stuff up on the spot again, and unlike before when they did that, it simply wasn't good. They had time to prepare for this show!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

And the country mourns the loss of a hero...

Looking back that was actually one the season highlights, although I had completely forgotten about it and the high school kids plot so yeah.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

RIP

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-cancels-24-legacy-1202458195/

quote:

Fox has canceled “24: Legacy,” the spinoff of the long-running espionage-action drama.

The network and studio 20th Century Fox Television are exploring future iterations of “24,” possibly as an anthology built around the real-time storytelling format of the original series. Fox said it was already at work with “24” producers on that model.

“24: Legacy” toplined by Corey Hawkins bowed with much fanfare after Fox’s Super Bowl telecast in February but the new version, which did not include original star Kiefer Sutherland, failed to catch fire with fans.

Fox has aggressively pursued revivals of several of its classic dramas in recent years. Although its recent “X-Files” event series ranked as one of the 2015-16 season’s most watched series, “24: Legacy” and Fox’s “Prison Break” revival fared poorly. In Nielsen live-plus-seven numbers, “24: Legacy” averaged a 2.1 live-plus-seven rating in the 18-49 demo, ranking it 34th among all broadcast series for the season.

In her review of “24: Legacy” for Variety, Maureen Ryan wrote, “24: Legacy” takes all those basics and executes them with rote diligence, without adding anything in the way of inspiration or relevance (unless you count the occasional appearance of drones). Many of the elements added or altered in this incarnation of the franchise are forgettable at best and questionable at worst. All in all, this generally clunky reboot serves as reminder of just how much “24” owes the gravelly voice and dependable charisma of Kiefer Sutherland, who serves as an executive producer but does not star.“

“24: Legacy” was executive produced by Howard Gordon, Brian Grazer, Evan Katz, Manny Coto, Stephen Hopkins, Robert Cochran, Jon Cassar, and Sutherland.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Well, that's no surprise.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It died the way it lived: completely forgettable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I still haven't gotten around to watching the last two episodes. These characters are so forgettable. Worst of all the villains were bad.

• Locked thread