Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crazy loving paranoid guy that constantly uses burner phones for fear of tracking takes one of the terrorist phones AND LEAVES IT ON? ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
He also had a poo poo ton of burners that all showed up as same person on carter's phone. Pure 24.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

torture her!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

please be a zombie

lol these are the worst terrorists

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nooneofconsequence posted:

please be a zombie

lol these are the worst terrorists

This is actually turning into the best story of the show. It's just a few steps away from being a remake of Four Lions.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait what the gently caress is this plot. This whole thing is a loving false flag?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

CTU still the worst after all these years. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CTU still the worst after all these years. :allears:

Yeah this was abysmal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HAHAHA HOLY gently caress THEYRE ACTUALLY GOING TO ATTACK CTU AGAIN

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Holy poo poo the preview. CTU is already getting taken out next week.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Imho they really missed an opportunity to be somewhat original and have -in a shocking twist- the muslim campaign manager not be framed by evil white people and actually be a terrorist. Old Jack Bauer would have already been torturing the poo poo out of her by now.

Liked how black bauer just casually executed that one terrorist on the stairs though, that's some cool poo poo.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I was kind of hoping Jimmy Smits was evil rather than Evil Rich White Guy. Why would you get Smits to play Matt Santos again unless if there's something really wrong with him? Well, I guess it's still possible.

It took many episodes for Season 8's dumbest subplot to turn into a glorious meta-parody of every bad 24 subplot. It looks like it's happening much faster with Wimpy Walter White and Chechnyan Jesse. I want to see these two guys keep loving up yet not getting foiled.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Echo Chamber posted:

I was kind of hoping Jimmy Smits was evil rather than Evil Rich White Guy. Why would you get Smits to play Matt Santos again unless if there's something really wrong with him? Well, I guess it's still possible.

It took many episodes for Season 8's dumbest subplot to turn into a glorious meta-parody of every bad 24 subplot. It looks like it's happening much faster with Wimpy Walter White and Chechnyan Jesse. I want to see these two guys keep loving up yet not getting foiled.

you mean Wimpy Pedo Walter White. The whole conceit of seducing a chemistry teacher, who is a known pedo, to jump start your terrorist cell is so dumb, given that it's a second activity that might get you in real trouble.

As for the Jimmy Smits angle, I could see the the terrorists having something on him that they used to blackmail his father into helping them.

As for the attack on CTU: It's a very basic tool the writers use again and again to explain why the all-mighty American security community is crippled when fighting a handful of terrorists.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'm interested to see what security measures CTU has, because in the 24-verse there's no reason for CTU to not be the most secure building in the world, with multiple contingencies.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

I'm interested to see what security measures CTU has, because in the 24-verse there's no reason for CTU to not be the most secure building in the world, with multiple contingencies.

Well, given that a bunch of 3rd world soldiers were able to overtake the White House, I'm not sure how much the "most secure building" is actually worth in that universe.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I'm watching this simply to reminisce about the olden days, because while 24 was never a great show, I love Kiefer Sutherland and the format was always cool even if it was too many episodes. I know Kiefer isn't in this now, but it just brings me back. It's my guilty pleasure. My wife's eyes rolled 180 degrees into the back of her head when she saw I'd DVR'd it, but when I started watching it she sat down and did her Twenty Questions bit where she asks questions like: "Who is that guy?"; "Why is he doing that?"; "Isn't that actor in x movie or show?"; "Why does this have to be so violent?"; "What's going on in this scene?"; and "What's an Army Ranger?" She refuses to watch some of my shows outright, others she acts like she's not interested in them but eventually sits down because I'm watching and at least gets mildly interested in the show despite herself.

I miss Chloe and Jack, though. But most of all I miss Curtis, because he seemed to be the smartest, most level-headed one out of all of them, and he showed he could also kick rear end Jack Bauer style in whatever season it was where Jack had been negotiated for with the Chinese and they had tortured the poo poo out of him and stuff and then he went to China to gently caress up their poo poo. Oh, poo poo, that was the one where Curtis died. He kicked rear end in one episode in an earlier season, though.

Dr. Dre is good, he ain't Jack Bauer, but he's good.

One thing I hate in most TV shows with anyone former military is that they always get Special Forces and Army Rangers mixed up. Army Rangers don't typically have Delta Force-level fighting skills, and it's explicitly said he's an Army Ranger but they call him former Special Forces. Also, the kind of operation he was on that started all this in the plot seemed to be something that SEALs would do, not Rangers. Rangers are just beefed-up, elite light infantry, not guys who typically undertake black operations (though they do sometimes do clandestine ops). It's a small thing to some but I have to kind of roll my eyes at it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Creamed Cormp posted:

Liked how black bauer just casually executed that one terrorist on the stairs though, that's some cool poo poo.

Should have kept him alive and tortured him.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Come on, Jimmy Smits. Kill your dad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm starting to like this girl.

:lol: this bluff

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That wall should have had a zillion stars based on all we've seen happen at CTU.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: the data was corrupted? How loving convenient.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well at least this plot is being resolved kinda fast.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

And here I thought we were going to have Carter working with CTU to figure this out.

Why am I the only here.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm here too. Jimmy Smits plot is actually the most boring.

And we got too little of Wimpy Pedo Walter White.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Shots fired in the projects and the cops are there in minutes, lol what?

In real life, shots fired in hood, cop looks at partner, shrugs, takes another bite of his burrito and takes a robbery call in the rich neighborhood

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Wow, I've been able to suspend my disbelief for a while now, but killing that kid without a single nurse showing up from across the loving hall, yeah, bullshit on that.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why am I the only here.

It's a bad show.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Aww I wanted CTU to get attacked.

So they will find the syringe and figure out what happened pretty quick right?.....right? That plot is bad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's a bad show.
I've been watching this but getting no real enjoyment out of it at all

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

It's getting pretty bad so naturally my wife wants to continue watching it

To be fair she also loves the poo poo out of scandal, which I think it probably one of the worst TV shows ever in terms of plot, writing and acting. I predict once I start making fun of 24 as I do to most of her shows, she will get mad and self-conscious then stop wanting to watch it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CODChimera posted:

Aww I wanted CTU to get attacked.

There is still plenty of time for that to happen.

And it better

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
We're 4 episodes in and the main character has already gone rogue twice. This show is amazing. If you had a 24 bingo card you'd already be on your second bottle by this point.

One thing I think they missed out on was not interrogating the campaign manager with extreme force then having to apologize 20 minutes later.

I did like how the gang infighting story arc ended, or rather didn't end so we can get 4 more episodes of Aieesha(sp) and accomplice messing with Carter's wife; it's not Kim vs the Mountain Lion bad but this is totally a Kim Bauer level story arc.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It felt weird to see Carter's wife get arrested by the police and immediately released but on the other hand the last thing I wanted to see was yet another secondary plot point where Isaac has to rescue Nicole from her cell or whatever.

edit : also just give us Almeida already you fuckers

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
You can tell when they write themselves into a corner when a story resolves normally without much incident. It's quite entertaining when they sort it out and it doesn't escalate further and you're all like "what".

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I can't believe Poor Man's Dabney Coleman messed with Congressman Matt Santos' campaign like that.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This is rapidly approaching "Worse than season 6" territory.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Narcissus1916 posted:

I don't think you remember how bad season 6 was.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i might wait until this is finished so i can binge though it. i'll probably enjoy it more.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Narcissus1916 posted:

Let's not get hasty here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
24 Season 6 from memory (after the first four decent episodes):

Jack gets a lead where he learns his brother and dad might be connected to terrorists. Graem is retconned into being Jack's brother and also he has a wife and son. Dad is James Cromwell. Jack tortures Graem and Graem admits he was connected to Logan's conspiracy. James Cromwell then kills Graem when nobody is looking. Daddy Bauer then leads Jack to Logan and escapes. Logan leads Jack to the Russian Consulate. Jack cuts off the finger of the consul. Logan goes to Martha because she has a back channel to Mrs. Suvarov. Aaron Pierce appears for a moment. Logan gets stabbed by Martha. They learn from the consulate where Demitri Gredenko is. Gredenko sort of leads them to Abu Fayed. Gredenko has Fayed chop his arm off so they can both escape but then they turn on each other. Gredenko dies. Jack gets into a fight with Fayed and hangs him.

Meanwhile, Wayne Palmer reluctantly works with Dr. Bashir. Nothing really happens from the plot with Wayne's sister. A conspiracy is hatched to kill Palmer and Dr. Bashir. Bashir dies in the explosion. Powers Boothe whitewashes the story to make it look like Bashir tried to kill Palmer. Wayne sort of recovers from his injuries to stop Powers Boothe from starting World War III. Powers Booth tries to invoke the 25th. The vote is deadlocked because Karen Hayes sort of resigned but didn't. (Even though the National Security Advisor isn't a cabinet position...) Tom Lennox blackmails Powers Booth. Then Wayne launches a nuke, but it was all a bluff. Palmer has a press conference and collapses. Powers Boothe becomes acting president for real this time. And he doesn't want to start World War III anymore. Despite blackmailing him, Tom Lennox somehow becomes Powers Boothe's most trusted advisor.

Audrey is revealed to be dead. Cheng Zhi calls Jack and tells him Audrey is alive. Cheng Zhi is working with Zefram Cochrane who wants his grandson. A bunch of Chinese guys shoot their way into CTU to kidnap Josh. Milo gets shot in the loving face and it's amazing. Jack fights them off. Somehow Jack saves Audrey; I forgot how, but it's clear Audrey's mind got busted. Doyle's eyes explode. This all some how leads them to a set piece on an oil rig where World War III is averted. Jack saves his nephew. James Cromwell dies. Bill Buchanan captures Cheng Zhi. Powers Booth pardons Bill Buchanan and Karen Hayes for something; I forgot what. Jack goes to James Heller and whines a lot.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 22, 2017

• Locked thread