Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CALL 911 YOU loving MORON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Jenkins, we're all counting on you.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Jenkins you hero!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

noooooooooooooooooo Jenkins!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jenkins was a better shot than most CTU guys.

:rip:

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Hahahha YESSSS

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So quick recap: has CTU accomplished ANYTHING yet?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So quick recap: has CTU accomplished ANYTHING yet?

Carter would be better off without CTU

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Teenage girl now one of the most successful terrorists in ctu history

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

At this point I want the real bad guy behind everything to be Behrooz.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

Holy poo poo holy poo poo TONY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo next week looks awesome.

enhanced interrogations! TONY!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That was an alright episode.

Honestly, I thought the teenager plot was the most interesting. And now it's gone. Hopefully Tony and the bad guys kidnapping Dr. Dre's family will make the rest of the show better.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Trump's muslim ban would have prevented this attack.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why does it feel like less and less happens between commercial breaks in this spinoff than it ever did in Actual 24?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Teenage girl now one of the most successful terrorists in ctu history

She also killed off the entire teenager plot. She is definitely a top 10 character.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Grinning Goblin posted:

She also killed off the entire teenager plot. She is definitely a top 10 character.
That plot was way more interesting than Gang Drama or Jimmy Smits Yells At His Dad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahahaha oh my god the preview for next week :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahahahaha oh my god the preview for next week :allears:

I'm happy that even though they're just doing the same poo poo as previous seasons we're finally getting to copying the fun parts of previous seasons.

I hope.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm happy that even though they're just doing the same poo poo as previous seasons we're finally getting to copying the fun parts of previous seasons.

I hope.
Though how many episodes of this are left? Like 2 or 3?

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

Though how many episodes of this are left? Like 2 or 3?

My impression is it goes to midnight

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ya blew it, Jenkins.

Ya blew it.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"No, I do not negotiate with counter-terrorists."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"This is Jenkins, sup?"

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

My impression is it goes to midnight

They're actually doing the same thing LAD did and have a ~12 hour time jump on the last episode so it's ending at noon.

(Episode is titled 11pm to 12pm)

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's still absolutely hilarious to me chechen dad, who is supposedly a veteran of the chechen wars, has said something to the effect of "Islam is the religion of peace!" like a dozen times. Did the writers of this show even take a cursory glance at what happened during that war?

I mean poo poo, ever wondered where Abu Omar al-Shishani was from?

Also yes, I know I'm retarded for caring that much about verisimillitude in 24.

Speaking of verisimillitude, I think the ideal format would be hour long episodes that show what happened over the course of 2 hours, better ratio of actual plot to fillers, while still allowing for 15-20 minutes long segments for when the characters need to go from one place to another.

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 7, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PaybackJack posted:

"This is Jenkins, sup?"

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
I lost my poo poo when he was running across the bridge and it didn't look like he had ever run before.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

I lost my poo poo when he was running across the bridge and it didn't look like he had ever run before.

I honestly thought he might get hit by a car and inadvertently cause an accident which would have lead to the same result.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Goddamit Jenkins, you could've been a 24 One Episode Hero, like Asian Cop, but you completely blew it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I mean he probably saved some people right? And it was kind of a bullshit setup.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just catching up. Lol like terrorists gonna break into the hood. Imagine they run into Omar. This poo poo is what I watch 24 for.

Edit - I don't think a truck bomb would really damage a bridge like that.

Haha terrorists are literally Governor Chris Christie.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 11, 2017

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

In 24 world, 2 nukes have gone off in America, a nuclear plant melted down, presidents have been assassinated, etc...
I'm from NY and I think blowing up a portion of a bridge where 100 people die (with some mediocre CG) is kinda "meh" in comparison. This season has no "oomph" to it, no sense of danger besides a vague "more terrorists will activate at once" threat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are y'all ready on another hour of possibly terrible television maybe brought to a higher level thanks to the gimmick of bringing a character from the original show?

EDIT: ok right off the bat.
- how does Carter know that was tech guy's car ?
- what does she mean by having "people ready"? What loving people? And how many god drat black sites do we have?

WOAH gently caress TONY IS OUT ALREADY I TAKE IT ALL BACK HERE WE GO

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 14, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Great I've got to deal with snow closures taking up 1/3 my screen. Everyone knows it's going to snow!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Torture :woop:

Tony :neckbeard:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jesus gently caress just get CTU in on this, this is like the third loving time he's gone rogue in like a quarter of a day.

Not to mention there's two dead CTU agents that were picking up his wife so why the gently caress that hasn't raised any flags?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

just kill the brother already please

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nooneofconsequence posted:

just kill everyone already please

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"Tie him up, Andy"