Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i love getting emails about oracle dba jobs because i've worked with RAC in the past and my resume contains the word "oracle" once

why do recruiters suck so loving much yospos? is it because they're automating their own efforts

have you ever gotten a recruiting offer you actually were interested in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ya, I got my current job through a recruiter. it was fine

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
there's a thread for that

people who need recruiters will find that recruiters are what they need

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i only needed one because i was moving to another state and didn't know anybody there. my previous jobs i got through friends.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

you've got to put a sternly worded warning to recruiters in your linkedin like this thoughtlord

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

you've got to put a sternly worded warning to recruiters in your linkedin like this thoughtlord

lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

No green m&ms please

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I thought this was going to be the hiring thread where we make fun of candidates

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

I thought this was going to be the hiring thread where we make fun of candidates

you can do that too

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

you can do that too

yeah that's also acceptable

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i'm an introvert who often barely remembers former coworkers names so networking is out

pram
Jun 10, 2001

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

that guy is a badass with a job though

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
back in the first internet boom I was a real dick to recruiters after getting fed up with their whole stupid industry. now I'm a nice person but I don't deal with third party recruiters

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

My favorite part about recruiters is how if you're in a niche some days you get 8 or 10 call-voicemail-email triplets from (presumably basically one person) agencies all located in new jersey about obviously the same opening. I can't quite decide if I think the different recruiters part is a sham or if I've been pre-sorted into some kind of keyword list from linkedin.

abraham linkedin posted:

have you ever gotten a recruiting offer you actually were interested in?

I've never had a cold approach have enough coherent information to tell if I was going to be interested.

Edit: In fairness my current gig is a contract to hire through a local outfit that places computer touchers at local companies, idk I consider that (potentially) a little different to automated keyword driven spam recruiters.

the yeti fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 7, 2017

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
pyf cold openings. I like "our cto was impressed with your background" and then obviously unrelated position pitch

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
this guy has just been spamming me for the past week with random job postings and i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I still get recruiter calls like five months after I took my current job. Admittedly I took this job from a recruiter cold call that actually turned out well though. Dude legitimately took my input about the kind of role I was looking for seriously, and got me an interview with a local place that I love working at now.

So I guess there's at least one good recruiter?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

why do recruiters have your phone number

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

mishaq posted:

why do recruiters have your phone number

I made the grave grave mistake of posting my resume, with phone number, on a job site. I have since corrected this but too late!!!!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

The Management posted:

pyf cold openings. I like "our cto was impressed with your background" and then obviously unrelated position pitch

"I was particularly impressed by your work on XXXXXX" where they did not fill in anything for the Xs

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

i've only ever gotten calls from company HR recruiters based on some job fair or other i went to years ago. probably (hopefully!) won't ever get cold-called by some freelance clown b/c my resume hasn't included my phone number in years.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
recruit deez nuts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
from today's email: job description not at all relevant to me and on the other side of the country. "Do you know anyone that may be interested in pursuing this type of opportunity?"

bitch, I'm not doing your job for you.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Bloody posted:

"I was particularly impressed by your work on XXXXXX" where they did not fill in anything for the Xs
what kind of sick fetish site have you been involved with

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

The Management posted:

My favorite was assuming I'm religious based on my first name.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
what

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 7, 2017

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
probably "Mohammed"? which I hope doesn't count as doxxing since it is by far the most common forename in the whole world

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The Management posted:

ive been tossing recruiter emails into a separate folder for a while now, thinking it'd be cool to make a markov thing w/ them at some point.

there's one set in particular thats pretty ridiculous, spanning years for what sounds like the same position/company:

---

Dec 10 2014
Exciting New Career Opportunity

Hi Progressive,

I hope you don’t mind the direct approach. We have not spoken before but I came across your profile through Linkedin and after reading it and seeing what your interests are I wanted to pass you some details that may appeal to your impressive technical background.

I work closely with a very successful, yet low-key algorithmic/quantitative trading firm based in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Austin and Los Angeles that are currently looking for exceptional software engineers.

The guys are genuine tech enthusiasts and they are specifically interested in people from the tech space - as a result, they are happy to pay well above market rate as well as buying out any existing/expected stock. They have created the cultural environment of a traditional research laboratory and with their sophisticated approach to both technology and research, the majority of their employees come outside of finance, with a significant number joining from places such as Google, IBM, Intel, Amazon, Microsoft etc.

I appreciate that you may not be ‘actively looking’, but I honestly feel it would be beneficial for us to have an informal, 5 minute chat to further discuss this in more detail.

Is there a convenient time for us to speak confidentially outside of office hours?

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Dec 13 2014
RE: Exciting New Career Opportunity

Hi Progressive,

Hope this email finds you well, I was wondering if you saw my email that I sent a couple of days ago? I wanted to follow up to see if you had time this week to chat further about some of the opportunities I mentioned below. Let me know what works for you and look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

Feb 12 2015
Happy New Year- New Exciting Career Opportunity

Hi Progressive.

Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope you don’t mind the direct approach. We have not spoken before but I came across your profile through Linkedin and after reading it and seeing what your interests are I wanted to pass you some details that may appeal to your impressive technical background.

I work closely with a very successful, yet low-key algorithmic/quantitative trading firm based in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Boston, Austin and Los Angeles that are currently looking for exceptional software engineers.

The guys are genuine tech enthusiasts and they are specifically interested in people from the tech space - as a result, they are happy to pay well above market rate as well as buying out any existing/expected stock. They have created the cultural environment of a traditional research laboratory and with their sophisticated approach to both technology and research, the majority of their employees come outside of finance, with a significant number joining from places such as Google, IBM, Intel, Amazon, Microsoft etc.

I appreciate that you may not be ‘actively looking’, but I honestly feel it would be beneficial for us to have an informal, 5 minute chat to further discuss this in more detail.

Is there a convenient time for us to speak confidentially outside of office hours?

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jun 17 2015 (footer shows Recruiter1 switched agencies since Feb)
New Career Opportunity at a Small Successful Quantitative Trading Firm

Dear Progressive JPEG,

Hope this message finds you well, it's has been a while since we last connected and I wanted to circle back with you to see if you'd be open to hear about a particular search I'm working on with a small quantitative trading who have just opened a new San Fran office. The project is very technical and related to unstructured data using machine learning techniques. They are prepared to make very attractive offers including buying out all outstanding stock...they also just hired a googler to work on this project.

Let me know a good time this week to chat about this?

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jul 10 2015

Hi Progressive,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in New York, Austin & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 250k-500k based on experience.

Would you be available for a quick chat this week?

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 10 2015
Would you be open to a quick chat?

Hi Progressive JPEG,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in New York and Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 300k-650k based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 15 2015
New West Coast Quant Trading Firm Opportunity

Hi Progressive JPEG,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm opening a new office in San Francisco with offices already in New York & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 300k-650k based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 15 2015
Tech Challenge - Software Engineering

Hi Progressive -

I hope you don’t mind me contacting you directly, I wanted to share some details with you regarding a senior software engineering position for a collaborative, high-tech quantitative trading company we represent.

They have ~50 people and the founder is a well known Computer Scientist – as a result, a large proportion of their technologists and researchers have joined from Google, Facebook and Palantir and they’re willing to buy out unvested stock and guarantee significant increases in compensation.

I'd be keen to give you some more detail on this – is there a convenient time we can speak this week?

Many thanks,
Recruiter2

---

Sep 19, 2015
RE: Tech Challenge - Software Engineering

Hey Progressive, I just wanted to follow up in case you missed this mail. I would like to provide you with further info, please let me know if you have 5 minutes to catch up over the weekend or sometime next week? Thx, Recruiter2

---

Oct 10 2015

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm that is opening a new office in San Francisco and has offices in New York & Chicago? All three locations are an option depending on what your interests are moving forwards. They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 350k-650k based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Nov 11 2015

I was wondering if you might be interested in a speaking about a search I am working on for a small quantitative trading firm building out their New York and San Francisco offices as they are looking to grow their core development and research team working on C++ high performance computing and low latency trading systems. They are looking for technically strong software engineers, who are self-motivated and driven to do well to further their career.

They have created an awesome environment with challenging technical problems where the structure is flat and the company operates in a collaborative team environment. They are happy to guarantee compensation between 400k-500k and buy out any existing stock if need be.

Let me know if you have some time to chat this week, look forward to speaking with you and have a great day.

Thanks Recruiter1

---

Dec 10 2015

I was wondering if you might be interested in a speaking about a search I am working on for a small quantitative trading firm building out their New York, San Francisco and Chicago offices as they are looking to grow their core development and research team working on high performance computing and low latency trading systems. They are looking for technically strong software engineers and researchers, who are self-motivated and driven to do well to further their career.

They have created an awesome environment with challenging technical problems where the structure is flat and the company operates in a collaborative team environment. They are happy to guarantee compensation between 300k-500k and buy out any existing stock if need be.

Let me know if you have some time to chat this week, look forward to speaking with you and have a great day.

Thanks Recruiter1

---

Jan 9 2016
New Year, New Adventure? $$$

Happy new year to you and your family. As the year kicks off, I wanted to see if you had some time to chat and discuss a few opportunities that I am working on that might be of interest to you for the upcoming year. The searches I am working on are for of the leading Quant Trading firms in the space looking to continue to build their teams for 2016. The different opportunities are located in New York, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, London and Austin. They are looking to grow their core development and research teams working on high performance computing and low latency trading systems. They are looking for technically strong software engineers and researchers, who are self-motivated and driven to do well to further their career.

They have created an awesome environment with challenging technical problems where the structure is flat and the company operates in a collaborative team environment. These aren’t your typical finance firms as they are technology driven firms that merely operate in the finance space. They are happy to guarantee compensation between 300k-500k and buy out any existing stock if need be.

Let me know if you have some time to chat this weekend or next week so I can share more details, look forward to speaking with you and have a great day!

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

Feb 10 2016
Would be great to connect, let me know when you have 5 minutes to chat?

Sorry for the direct message but came across your profile and was quite impressed. I am reaching out to see if you would be open to chatting about an exciting small collaborative Quant Trading firm that is highly reputable in the space, and located in NYC and Chicago. They are looking for software engineers with strong technical and commercial experience. They have incredibly high standards in order to bring together the top 1% to work in a fast paced exciting environment. This firm is looking to build out their research and development teams to further the already exciting growth from the past year. Let me know if this is something that you would maybe consider especially as they would be willing to put together compensation packages anywhere between 250k-400k buying out unvested stock depending on the circumstances.

Would you be available for a quick chat this week to potentially discuss in more detail?

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

Mar 11 2016
Unique Technical Opportunity, Would you be open to a quick chat?

As I’m sure you receive a ton of emails from recruiters, I’ll keep it brief.

My name is Recruiter1 and I work for A Recruiting Agency. We specialize in working with top engineers, who come from large technology firms, placing them into incredibly successful quantitative trading and big data technology startups. They are smaller with a meritocratic environment in which you can have a much larger impact. I came across your profile on LinkedIn and was very impressed with your academic background as well as your most recent work.

I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing more about the firms and what they’re looking for exactly. I can give a brief overview; they’re looking to grow their core development and research teams who are working on large scalable high performance, distributed systems using some of the latest technologies to date. They’d be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 300k-350k+ based on experience.

Would you be available for a quick chat sometime in the near future? It would be great to connect.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Apr 12 2016
New Exciting Career Opportunity? 300k+

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Austin & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience. Would you be available for a quick chat this week?

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

May 11 2016
Time for a change? 400k+ Technology Driven Opportunity

Hi Progressive,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, London, New York, Austin & Boston? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Would you be available for a quick chat this week or this weekend?

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jun 10 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, London, New York, Austin, Boston & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jul 12 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, London, New York, Austin & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Aug 10 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, New York, Austin, Irvine & Boston? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Would you be available for a quick chat next week or this weekend?

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 10 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, London and New York? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 20 2016
Question...

Hi Progressive,

We work with the founder of small (40 person), yet highly successful, technology driven quantitative trading company that's having their best year thus far.

I was wondering if you’d be open to discussing a software engineering position within their core technology team.

It’s a strong group of talented engineers motivated to make a big impact while working on incredibly complex and interesting problems. The group is run by a senior engineer from Google and now he's making roughly 3 times what he did before.

If you want to work in a non-political company where you can make a huge impact and truly standout for your performance, this is the place.

Let me know if you'd be open to hearing more at a convenient time.

Thanks,

-Recruiter3

---

Sep 22 2016
Hey, did you get my message?

Hi Progressive,

I hope my original message found you well.

Just wanted to get your opinion on the opportunity I mentioned and have a chat this week or next to see if it aligns with your goals.

Let me know what works and I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks,

-Recruiter3

---

Oct 8 2016
Happy Friday Man!

Hi Progressive ,

I hope you don’t take offense to the proactive approach.

I’m aware that I’ve messaged you numerous times; being honest it’s only because I’m keen to discuss some of the clients we work with in the quantitative trading space and how you could apply your skills. Hopefully it will be relevant to you at some point in your career to see what else is out there and what the industry/companies are actually like.

We have had huge success over the years placing guys from the large tech firms into these companies, not only getting them more money but having direct feedback from them about how enjoyable the culture and technical environment whilst being something they totally didn’t expect (in a good way! let’s be honest everyone has bad stuff to say about every industry).

If this really isn’t something you would ever be interested in and would prefer I didn’t message you, please let me know and I’ll make sure I don’t contact you again. Alternatively, if you would be open to a conversation now or in the future please let me know, I’m genuinely always interested in speaking to exceptional engineers and love the fact I can help someone with their career.

I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to check out my LinkedIn recommendations in the interim https://www.linkedin.com/in/recruiter

Thanks,

Recruiter1

---

Oct 14 2016
Would you be open to discuss? $300-700k

Hi Progressive - please excuse my direct approach but I’m keen to discuss a senior software engineering position with a hugely successful, technology-driven systematic trading firm. We’ve worked closely with this client for the past 3 years and placed the last 22 out of 24 hires.

They are currently a team of 40 who are looking to add an extremely talented and motivated engineer who can work alongside their current Head of Research Technology. He comes from a great educational background (Princeton and Berkeley) as well as having competed in a European Physics Olympiad. The role would involve working on large greenfield projects and building-out the core backend systems.

Would you be open to discussing further this week? This is a high-profile position for the company and they would be willing to guarantee (inc. bonus + sign-on) a minimum of $300-700k based on experience.

Best,
Recruiter4

---

Oct 14 2016
SF Opportunity!!! 300k-600k First Year Guaranteed!!

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.
Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Oct 14 2016
Time for a Change? All Cash Comp 300k+...

Hi Progressive,

I’m aware that I’ve messaged you numerous times; being honest it’s only because I’m keen to discuss a client we work with in the quantitative trading space and how you could apply your skills. Specifically, I’d like to share a core engineering role with a firm that’s a successful proprietary trading shop based in San Francisco.

We’ve had huge success over the last 2 years placing guys from large tech firms into our top client and have staffed the last 25 hires of the 50 engineers and researchers that work there.

Not only do we get them more money but having direct feedback from them has shed light about how enjoyable the culture and technical environment are.

If this really isn’t something you would ever be interested in, please let me know. Alternatively, if you’re open to a conversation, I’d be glad to share more and determine jointly if this position aligns with your abilities and goals.

I look forward to hearing from you and feel free to check out my LinkedIn recommendations in the interim.

Thanks,

Recruiter3

---

Oct 18 2016
Open to a chat?

Hi Progressive,

I hope you don’t mind me reaching out again but it would be great to give you some information about a couple of my clients within the quantitative trading space and the types of technologists they are looking to hire over the coming months and seeing if there is a mutual fit with your interests and background.

To give you an idea, over the past year we have placed over 30 engineers from Google, 10 from Amazon, 5 from Facebook and 5 from Palantir and numerous other tech firms. In addition to achieving higher compensation packages they have been highly impressed by the relaxed environments, fun culture and interesting/complex technical problems.

Please let me know a convenient time we can chat over the next week or so.

Look forward hearing from you.

-Recruiter3

---

Oct 18 2016
RE: Would you be open to discuss? $300-700k

Hey Progressive - I wanted to follow-up on my message from last week; did you see it? I would be very keen to give you specifics on the client I am working with and I am confident you’d be impressed with the team we’ve built.

When would be a good time to chat?

Many Thanks,
Recruiter4

---

Oct 20 2016
Technical Challenge - Software Engineering

Hi Progressive -

I was wondering if you’d be open to having a quick chat regarding a small (70 person), successful, technology-driven quantitative company we work alongside. They’re looking to add to their impressive team of software engineers and with their high-tech/data driven approach (petabytes) and collaborative culture they only really hire from non-finance companies.

I’ve worked with engineers and researchers from Google, Facebook and Dropbox (inc tech-leads) who’ve joined the team with large compensation increases (they guarantee anywhere between $300K-$600K and buy out stock) and it would be great to provide you with further details on the company, team and technical projects – could we speak confidentially over the next few days?

Many thanks,
Recruiter2

---

Dec 9 2016
New Year, New Challenge? 400k+ Technology Driven Opportunity

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering and data scientist position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in Chicago, SF, NYC and are opening a new office in Austin? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.
If you are available for a quick chat please click the link below and select the best day and time for you. Look forward to speaking.

https://calendly.com/recruiter1/15min

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Dec 28 2016
Technology Driven Quant Trading Opportunity

Hi Progressive,

Happy Holidays, I hope this message finds you well. I apologize for the direct email, but I wanted to see if you'd be open to discussing a Software Engineering position for a very successful quantitative trading firm in SF? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

If you have some time for a quick chat, just select the best and time from the link below.

https://calendly.com/recruiter5/15min

Look forward to speaking.

Thanks,

Recruiter5

---

Dec 30 2016
Follow Up!

Hi Progressive,

I apologize for the direct email but I wanted to see if you saw my message that I sent few days ago? I am following up to see if you had time this weekend or next week to chat further about some of the opportunities I mentioned below.

If you have some time for a quick chat, just select the best day and time from the link below.

Thanks, Recruiter5

---

Jan 10 2017
Quant trading investing in top talent!

Hi Progressive ,

Happy new year to you and your family! I do apologize for the direct message but was wondering if you'd be open to hearing more about a few searches I’m working on for a number of small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in NYC, Chicago, Austin, London and San Francisco that are looking to grow their engineering and research teams? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

If you are available for a quick chat please click the link below and select the best day and time for you.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jan 28 2017
Seeking a World Class Technologist

Hi Progressive,

I hope this message finds you well. I apologize for the direct email, but I wanted to circle back and see if you'd be open to discussing a Software Engineering position for a very successful quantitative trading firm? We specialize in placing engineers from large tech firms who are interested in working in a more collaborative tech environment. They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

If you have some time for a quick chat, just select the best day and time from the link below.

Thanks,

Recruiter5

---

Feb 1 2017
Following up with an opportunity

Hi Progressive,

I apologize for the direct email but I wanted to see if you saw my message that I sent few days ago? I am following up to see if you had time this weekend or next week to chat further about some of the opportunities I mentioned below.

Thanks, Recruiter5

e: to clarify, Recruiter1 thru Recruiter5 are all different people/names at the same agency, according to their sigs. the agency itself changed names (or Recruiter1 changed agencies) sometime in Feb-Jun 2015

Progressive JPEG fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 7, 2017

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Progressive JPEG posted:

ive been tossing recruiter emails into a separate folder for a while now, thinking it'd be cool to make a markov thing w/ them at some point.

there's one set in particular thats pretty ridiculous, spanning years for what sounds like the same position/company:

---

Dec 10 2014
Exciting New Career Opportunity

Hi Progressive,

I hope you don’t mind the direct approach. We have not spoken before but I came across your profile through Linkedin and after reading it and seeing what your interests are I wanted to pass you some details that may appeal to your impressive technical background.

I work closely with a very successful, yet low-key algorithmic/quantitative trading firm based in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Austin and Los Angeles that are currently looking for exceptional software engineers.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Dec 13 2014
RE: Exciting New Career Opportunity

Hi Progressive,

Hope this email finds you well, I was wondering if you saw my email that I sent a couple of days ago? I wanted to follow up to see if you had time this week to chat further about some of the opportunities I mentioned below. Let me know what works for you and look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

Feb 12 2015
Happy New Year- New Exciting Career Opportunity

Hi Progressive.

Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope you don’t mind the direct approach. We have not spoken before but I came across your profile through Linkedin and after reading it and seeing what your interests are I wanted to pass you some details that may appeal to your impressive technical background.

I work closely with a very successful, yet low-key algorithmic/quantitative trading firm based in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Boston, Austin and Los Angeles that are currently looking for exceptional software engineers.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Dear Progressive JPEG,

Hope this message finds you well, it's has been a while since we last connected and I wanted to circle back with you to see if you'd be open to hear about a particular search I'm working on with a small quantitative trading who have just opened a new San Fran office. The project is very technical and related to unstructured data using machine learning techniques. They are prepared to make very attractive offers including buying out all outstanding stock...they also just hired a googler to work on this project.

Let me know a good time this week to chat about this?

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jul 10 2015

Hi Progressive,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in New York, Austin & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 250k-500k based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 10 2015

Hi Progressive JPEG,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in New York and Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 300k-650k based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 15 2015
New West Coast Quant Trading Firm Opportunity

Hi Progressive JPEG,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm opening a new office in San Francisco with offices already in New York & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 300k-650k based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 15 2015
Tech Challenge - Software Engineering

Hi Progressive -

I hope you don’t mind me contacting you directly, I wanted to share some details with you regarding a senior software engineering position for a collaborative, high-tech quantitative trading company we represent.

They have ~50 people and the founder is a well known Computer Scientist – as a result, a large proportion of their technologists and researchers have joined from Google, Facebook and Palantir and they’re willing to buy out unvested stock and guarantee significant increases in compensation.

I'd be keen to give you some more detail on this – is there a convenient time we can speak this week?

Many thanks,
Recruiter2

---

Sep 19, 2015
RE: Tech Challenge - Software Engineering

Hey Progressive, I just wanted to follow up in case you missed this mail. I would like to provide you with further info, please let me know if you have 5 minutes to catch up over the weekend or sometime next week? Thx, Recruiter2

---

Oct 10 2015

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm that is opening a new office in San Francisco and has offices in New York & Chicago? All three locations are an option depending on what your interests are moving forwards. They'd be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 350k-650k based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Nov 11 2015

I was wondering if you might be interested in a speaking about a search I am working on for a small quantitative trading firm building out their New York and San Francisco offices as they are looking to grow their core development and research team working on C++ high performance computing and low latency trading systems. They are looking for technically strong software engineers, who are self-motivated and driven to do well to further their career.

They have created an awesome environment with challenging technical problems where the structure is flat and the company operates in a collaborative team environment. They are happy to guarantee compensation between 400k-500k and buy out any existing stock if need be.

Thanks Recruiter1

---

Dec 10 2015

I was wondering if you might be interested in a speaking about a search I am working on for a small quantitative trading firm building out their New York, San Francisco and Chicago offices as they are looking to grow their core development and research team working on high performance computing and low latency trading systems. They are looking for technically strong software engineers and researchers, who are self-motivated and driven to do well to further their career.

They have created an awesome environment with challenging technical problems where the structure is flat and the company operates in a collaborative team environment. They are happy to guarantee compensation between 300k-500k and buy out any existing stock if need be.

Thanks Recruiter1

---

Jan 9 2016
New Year, New Adventure? $$$

Happy new year to you and your family. As the year kicks off, I wanted to see if you had some time to chat and discuss a few opportunities that I am working on that might be of interest to you for the upcoming year. The searches I am working on are for of the leading Quant Trading firms in the space looking to continue to build their teams for 2016. The different opportunities are located in New York, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, London and Austin. They are looking to grow their core development and research teams working on high performance computing and low latency trading systems. They are looking for technically strong software engineers and researchers, who are self-motivated and driven to do well to further their career.

They have created an awesome environment with challenging technical problems where the structure is flat and the company operates in a collaborative team environment. These aren’t your typical finance firms as they are technology driven firms that merely operate in the finance space. They are happy to guarantee compensation between 300k-500k and buy out any existing stock if need be.

Let me know if you have some time to chat this weekend or next week so I can share more details, look forward to speaking with you and have a great day!

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

Feb 10 2016
Would be great to connect, let me know when you have 5 minutes to chat?

Sorry for the direct message but came across your profile and was quite impressed. I am reaching out to see if you would be open to chatting about an exciting small collaborative Quant Trading firm that is highly reputable in the space, and located in NYC and Chicago. They are looking for software engineers with strong technical and commercial experience. They have incredibly high standards in order to bring together the top 1% to work in a fast paced exciting environment. This firm is looking to build out their research and development teams to further the already exciting growth from the past year. Let me know if this is something that you would maybe consider especially as they would be willing to put together compensation packages anywhere between 250k-400k buying out unvested stock depending on the circumstances.

Would you be available for a quick chat this week to potentially discuss in more detail?

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

Mar 11 2016
Unique Technical Opportunity, Would you be open to a quick chat?

As I’m sure you receive a ton of emails from recruiters, I’ll keep it brief.

My name is Recruiter1 and I work for A Recruiting Agency. We specialize in working with top engineers, who come from large technology firms, placing them into incredibly successful quantitative trading and big data technology startups. They are smaller with a meritocratic environment in which you can have a much larger impact. I came across your profile on LinkedIn and was very impressed with your academic background as well as your most recent work.

I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing more about the firms and what they’re looking for exactly. I can give a brief overview; they’re looking to grow their core development and research teams who are working on large scalable high performance, distributed systems using some of the latest technologies to date. They’d be happy to guarantee compensation for the first year of anything between 300k-350k+ based on experience.

Would you be available for a quick chat sometime in the near future? It would be great to connect.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Apr 12 2016
New Exciting Career Opportunity? 300k+

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior technology position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Austin & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience. Would you be available for a quick chat this week?

Thanks
Recruiter1

---

May 11 2016

Hi Progressive,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, London, New York, Austin & Boston? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jun 10 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, London, New York, Austin, Boston & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jul 12 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, London, New York, Austin & Chicago? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Aug 10 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, New York, Austin, Irvine & Boston? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 10 2016

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, London and New York? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Sep 20 2016
Question...

Hi Progressive,

We work with the founder of small (40 person), yet highly successful, technology driven quantitative trading company that's having their best year thus far.

I was wondering if you’d be open to discussing a software engineering position within their core technology team.

It’s a strong group of talented engineers motivated to make a big impact while working on incredibly complex and interesting problems. The group is run by a senior engineer from Google and now he's making roughly 3 times what he did before.

If you want to work in a non-political company where you can make a huge impact and truly standout for your performance, this is the place.

Let me know if you'd be open to hearing more at a convenient time.

Thanks,

-Recruiter3

---

Sep 22 2016
Hey, did you get my message?

Hi Progressive,

I hope my original message found you well.

Just wanted to get your opinion on the opportunity I mentioned and have a chat this week or next to see if it aligns with your goals.

Let me know what works and I look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks,

-Recruiter3

---

Oct 8 2016
Happy Friday Man!

Hi Progressive ,

I’m aware that I’ve messaged you numerous times; being honest it’s only because I’m keen to discuss some of the clients we work with in the quantitative trading space and how you could apply your skills. Hopefully it will be relevant to you at some point in your career to see what else is out there and what the industry/companies are actually like.

We have had huge success over the years placing guys from the large tech firms into these companies, not only getting them more money but having direct feedback from them about how enjoyable the culture and technical environment whilst being something they totally didn’t expect (in a good way! let’s be honest everyone has bad stuff to say about every industry).

If this really isn’t something you would ever be interested in and would prefer I didn’t message you, please let me know and I’ll make sure I don’t contact you again. Alternatively, if you would be open to a conversation now or in the future please let me know, I’m genuinely always interested in speaking to exceptional engineers and love the fact I can help someone with their career.

I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to check out my LinkedIn recommendations in the interim https://www.linkedin.com/in/recruiter

Thanks,

Recruiter1

---

Oct 14 2016
Would you be open to discuss? $300-700k

Hi Progressive - please excuse my direct approach but I’m keen to discuss a senior software engineering position with a hugely successful, technology-driven systematic trading firm. We’ve worked closely with this client for the past 3 years and placed the last 22 out of 24 hires.

They are currently a team of 40 who are looking to add an extremely talented and motivated engineer who can work alongside their current Head of Research Technology. He comes from a great educational background (Princeton and Berkeley) as well as having competed in a European Physics Olympiad. The role would involve working on large greenfield projects and building-out the core backend systems.

Would you be open to discussing further this week? This is a high-profile position for the company and they would be willing to guarantee (inc. bonus + sign-on) a minimum of $300-700k based on experience.

Best,
Recruiter4

---

Oct 14 2016
SF Opportunity!!! 300k-600k First Year Guaranteed!!

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a software engineering position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in San Francisco? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.
Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Oct 14 2016
Time for a Change? All Cash Comp 300k+...

Hi Progressive,

I’m aware that I’ve messaged you numerous times; being honest it’s only because I’m keen to discuss a client we work with in the quantitative trading space and how you could apply your skills. Specifically, I’d like to share a core engineering role with a firm that’s a successful proprietary trading shop based in San Francisco.

We’ve had huge success over the last 2 years placing guys from large tech firms into our top client and have staffed the last 25 hires of the 50 engineers and researchers that work there.

Not only do we get them more money but having direct feedback from them has shed light about how enjoyable the culture and technical environment are.

If this really isn’t something you would ever be interested in, please let me know. Alternatively, if you’re open to a conversation, I’d be glad to share more and determine jointly if this position aligns with your abilities and goals.

I look forward to hearing from you and feel free to check out my LinkedIn recommendations in the interim.

Thanks,

Recruiter3

---

Oct 18 2016
Open to a chat?

Hi Progressive,

I hope you don’t mind me reaching out again but it would be great to give you some information about a couple of my clients within the quantitative trading space and the types of technologists they are looking to hire over the coming months and seeing if there is a mutual fit with your interests and background.

To give you an idea, over the past year we have placed over 30 engineers from Google, 10 from Amazon, 5 from Facebook and 5 from Palantir and numerous other tech firms. In addition to achieving higher compensation packages they have been highly impressed by the relaxed environments, fun culture and interesting/complex technical problems.

Please let me know a convenient time we can chat over the next week or so.

Look forward hearing from you.

-Recruiter3

---

Oct 18 2016
RE: Would you be open to discuss? $300-700k

Hey Progressive - I wanted to follow-up on my message from last week; did you see it? I would be very keen to give you specifics on the client I am working with and I am confident you’d be impressed with the team we’ve built.

When would be a good time to chat?

Many Thanks,
Recruiter4

---

Oct 20 2016
Technical Challenge - Software Engineering

Hi Progressive -

I was wondering if you’d be open to having a quick chat regarding a small (70 person), successful, technology-driven quantitative company we work alongside. They’re looking to add to their impressive team of software engineers and with their high-tech/data driven approach (petabytes) and collaborative culture they only really hire from non-finance companies.

I’ve worked with engineers and researchers from Google, Facebook and Dropbox (inc tech-leads) who’ve joined the team with large compensation increases (they guarantee anywhere between $300K-$600K and buy out stock) and it would be great to provide you with further details on the company, team and technical projects – could we speak confidentially over the next few days?

Many thanks,
Recruiter2

---

Dec 9 2016
New Year, New Challenge? 400k+ Technology Driven Opportunity

Hi Progressive ,

Hope this message finds you well and apologies for the direct message, I was wondering if you'd be open to discussing a senior software engineering and data scientist position for a small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in Chicago, SF, NYC and are opening a new office in Austin? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.
If you are available for a quick chat please click the link below and select the best day and time for you. Look forward to speaking.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Dec 28 2016
Technology Driven Quant Trading Opportunity

Hi Progressive,

Happy Holidays, I hope this message finds you well. I apologize for the direct email, but I wanted to see if you'd be open to discussing a Software Engineering position for a very successful quantitative trading firm in SF? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

If you have some time for a quick chat, just select the best and time from the link below.

Thanks,

Recruiter5

---

Dec 30 2016
Follow Up!

Hi Progressive,

Thanks, Recruiter5

---

Jan 10 2017
Quant trading investing in top talent!

Hi Progressive ,

Happy new year to you and your family! I do apologize for the direct message but was wondering if you'd be open to hearing more about a few searches I’m working on for a number of small successful quantitative trading firm with offices in NYC, Chicago, Austin, London and San Francisco that are looking to grow their engineering and research teams? They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

If you are available for a quick chat please click the link below and select the best day and time for you.

Thanks,
Recruiter1

---

Jan 28 2017
Seeking a World Class Technologist

Hi Progressive,

I hope this message finds you well. I apologize for the direct email, but I wanted to circle back and see if you'd be open to discussing a Software Engineering position for a very successful quantitative trading firm? We specialize in placing engineers from large tech firms who are interested in working in a more collaborative tech environment. They'd be happy to guarantee compensation increases from your current salary anything between 30-50% based on experience.

Thanks,

Recruiter5

---

Feb 1 2017
Following up with an opportunity

Hi Progressive,

Thanks, Recruiter5

e: to clarify, Recruiter1 thru Recruiter5 are all different people/names at the same agency, according to their sigs. the agency itself changed names (or Recruiter1 changed agencies) sometime in Feb-Jun 2015

I don't read my own recruiter spam I'm certainly not going to read yours

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Lets all humblebrag about how much recruiter spam we get

(I get a ton)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

http://twitter.com/erowidrecruiter

https://mobile.twitter.com/erowidrecruiter/status/828428503624380417

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

Lets all humblebrag about how much recruiter spam we get

(I get a ton)

i'm not bragging because i loving hate it and it's never poo poo i would even begin to care about

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if I did my job like recruiters do theirs I would just throw a bunch of unrelated code fragments at my boss and ask if any of these work for him or if he knows someone that needs them.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The Management posted:

if I did my job like recruiters do theirs I would just throw a bunch of unrelated code fragments at my boss and ask if any of these work for him or if he knows someone that needs them.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
that's curiously remniscent of my experience at amazon btw

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
haha yay erowidrecruiter updating again

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Tatsujin posted:

haha yay erowidrecruiter updating again

Yessssss

quote:

During my blackouts, I was crying out for a well-known mobile advertising company located in Downtown San Francisco

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I found it kind of interesting how the salaries and offers kept bouncing around, so I stripped everything except for the dates, comp, and recruiter from the emails.

Progressive JPEG posted:

Dec 10 2014
no mention of compensation
Recruiter1

---

Dec 13 2014
Recruiter1

---

Feb 12 2015
Recruiter1

---

Recruiter1

---

Jul 10 2015
250k-500k
Recruiter1

---

Sep 10 2015
300k-650k
Recruiter1

---

Sep 15 2015