Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
LOL why would you WATCH/READ someone else play a video game?
  • There are more video games that exist, even in your favorite genre, than you will ever play or even have in your steam library.
  • You haven't finished all those, so when are you REALLY going to make time to download and play "Woodruff and the Amazing Schibbel of Azimuth" and finally satisfy your curiousity of what the gently caress that game was, yourself, with your own effort.
  • You can't play a video game and grade a stack of papers or clean your apartment at the same time
  • Some let's players are actually good at games and watching them lets you learn how to play better
  • Some parts of games are bullshit and you want to see what 100% completion looks like without doing it yourself
  • You want to re experience that one part of a game but games don't have fast forward or rewind buttons
  • Many games are impossible to find, run on a modern computer, etc, and you can only experience as someone else playing it
  • Sometimes you want to see how a game plays but don't want to play 70 hours of it
  • Who cares, DAD, I do what I want

So you see there's a lot of reasons why people enjoy this modern form of entertainment. Though it's been around for a long rear end time now and now people have become millionaires off of it. How did that happen? Who knows, we can talk about it too. I've been seeing a lot of people outside the LP forum want to know the state of things, so I thought I'd make a place to talk about them.

I'm think anything you've heard of is reasonable for discussion. And you are allowed to like and talk about any let's plays ever, on or off site, even if it's Pewdiepie. But also, don't attack other people for liking Let's Players you think are tainted by drama. Even if it's Pewdiepie. I don't like him at all myself but it's "post YOUR favorite" not "post MY favorite". Besides, some of my favorite Let's Play circles have done poo poo I really wish they didn't. Basically Talking about drama is okay, bringing drama into the thread isn't.

Here are some of my favorites, to get the party started. Or at least the ones I remember at the moment. Again, this has been going on a loooong while.
There's a bunch of popular LPs I HAVEN'T viewed, like the Jurassic Park Trespasser game LP, Dectilon's romhack videos, or multiple Dark Souls games LPs (I liked Geops but I refuse to watch anymore until I actually can play that game and not get spoiled) (that's not going to happen) but again, it's "post YOUR favorite".

I prefer READING lps
  • Dark Id's lets plays: His lp's of the Drakengard series (which include Nier) lets you experience a bizarre, edgy, unique and relatively unknown game series that hates YOU personally for trying to 100% complete it. Plus it's a great way to catch up on the lore for the next Yoko Taro offering, Neir: Automata (with gameplay by PLATINUM!) coming out, except who knows if things will follow directly there. Dark Id is unique in that he adds in his own dialog, and he gets better at it as time continues. It's a bit eye-rolling in the Resident Evil series, which were his first LPs, but I think there's good reasons to read his treatments of almost every other LP he's written, many of which are in the "What the hell is this poo poo" category.
  • Orange Fluffy Sheep's lets plays are basically "let's break"'s. He does things with JRPGs no one thought possible. The Digimon World lp actually delves into the sourcecode to determine why it's such a horribly broken game. I recommend the Final Fantasy Tactics games and Final Fantasy V. Also The World Ends With You is good if you literally bought the game because of the LP but found you could not play a game with two screens at once :sigh:
  • Live A Live (or is it Live A Evil) is a lost chapter in the pantheon of SNES JRPG games, with a very unique battle system and storyline - it's not one hero's journey, it's 7 hero's journeys, one more gone horribly wrong, and a final chapter. It was also never released in the US. Worth experiencing one way or another. I think Yapping Evee's the better of the two on the archive for being one perspective all the way through and not having a bunch of failed attempts at added humor, though the thread did vote on the names.
  • Final Fantasy VII by Elentor is a deep and thoughtful look at a familiar game that is misremembered a bit. And was not well translated - notes about what some of the more bizarre terms, lines, and plot points were meant to mean ("Sephiroth clones") are included. Also notable for having videos for the boss battles that show how to beat the ones you thought were impossible. And also one that people thought would never finish... some let's players actually do things besides play video games for you.
  • The Chzo Mythos is a really funny look at a somewhat overcelebrated amateur work with commentary from the game's author - now known as Yahtzee - who takes it in stride (though if he didn't, he'd look a little hypocritical).
  • Megaman Battle Network has a long bizarre lp history. Epee Em played through the games, lost the screenshots for 1-3, and then those had to be LP'd again. But they're some of my favorite in the jrpg genre to play myself and this series shows ALL of their secrets. Network Transmission isn't really part of the series but if you want to see a bad Megaman game with level design worse than some fangames, then have I got the LP for you.

I like WATCHING lps
  • Illbleed! "Come on, let's go back to Hell! :unsmith:" Illbleed is my absolute favorite LP ever, it is a joy to watch this utterly surreal game. Supergreatfriend is also a great video let's player who has not changed how he lets plays to fit the times, and plays some really odd games. I recommend his LPS of the "D" series, Mode, and the Swery65 series (D4, Deadly Premonition) for more ambitious and bizarre games. Also does bad Xbox Horror games.
  • WrongPuraes are a lot of fun. The DarkSeed games, Harvester, Shadow of the.... Comet, King's Quest 5, Alone in the Dark, and Phantasmagoria are some of my picks.
    I like the Rom Pits by Smite and Tie tuesday. There's a lot of people who say the NES and SNES were the golden age of gaming and that their games were all the best things ever. These people are wrong.
  • Dazzling Addar thought they liked Donkey Kong 64 as a child. Watch as this fondness crumbles into frustration and despair in REAL TIME. (There was a later Donkey Kong game megathread that had skilled playthroughs of the two wii games and the three snes games that I thought was good. They could not make it through DK64)
  • In the same vein, the PokeCrew's LP of Sonic 2006, marathoned over one night and done before anyone else knew how terrible this game REALLY was... it's not a great LP but an unforgettable one. I've watched it more than once.
  • Lowtax's Gaming Garbage of barely functional crap is a series you've probably heard of as well.
  • SheshellsSeaShells crew streams of terrible horror games can be fun. I ended up actually buying DreadOut, but the bad unity games and their glitches (or high production value games bad glitches like the times when the Outlast enemies chased SSSS around a piece of furniture like a cartoon) are pretty fun.
  • Monkey Island/Sam and Max Series by Rocket Baby Dolls is not of bad games OF COURSE, I just liked this series, I bought and played through the Telltale chapters of these adventure games because of them and thought it was a good way to experience the dos games.
  • The Neverhood and its sequel Skullmonkeys[/url] by two day life was never actually archived for whatever reason but I think it's a game worth seeing, and it's worth appreciating the work that went into this LP. youtube channel doesn't put these into playlists either...

I watching people who can actually PLAY games play them
  • Hideofbeast/Violen plays through Megaman X1-X6 without taking any damage or using anything other than the buster, and stacks more gimmicks on top of those. There are no illusions here, as when a level takes a hundred retries he WILL let you know. Also plays through bossfights of the notoriously ball-crushing Zero games and ZX
  • LISA by voiceofdog looks at a bizarre tragedy of a rpgmaker game and puts a lot of effort into making it entertaining to watch, one of the few high-effort video lets plays these days.
  • Rogue Legacy is a game I find almost impossible. Smite is a world record holder at this game and he is extremely good at this platformer.
  • Psychedelic Eyeball's Super Meatboy's LP is just a sort of walkthrough, because what else could a meatboy LP BE... until he manages to playthrough the intense bullshit of the usermade levels.

a few others
Aavak and Splattercat do little Lp's of early access games, I don't usually watch their entire let's plays (except for Aavak's ferretcam) but they seem like alright guys and I like seeing these games demoed instead of feeling like I need to play them myself.
"What's up, this is Critical, and I'm pretty much the only good youtube LPer. I never use a facecam or show any emotion in my voice. I have three jokes and one of them is comparing things to cum. Let's do this poo poo."
Everyone has heard of Awesome Games Done Quick. I like the ones of the Kaizo Mario games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I really liked Kauboks and Panzerskank's LP of Saints Row 2. It helped when they actually got one of Volition's staff to help with some of the mods, thus making a buggy game into a hilariously broken buggy game.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It's mentioned in the OP, but Darkseed 2 by Slowbeef and Diabetus is essential viewing.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines by gatz and TheMcD was pretty good. Lemmings by Psychedelic Eyeball shows how crazy difficult those games were and Let's Vivisect Solaris by ManxomeBromide shows how crazy making games for the Atari 2600 could be. Civilization 2 by Melth shows off the weird quirks of the game and how to utterly dominate the AI.

For ongoing ones, I'm enjoying Every Game On Steam by Samu3lk and friends, Dragon Age: Origins by Inferior, and 20 Years of Doom by Temin_Dump and friends.

Samovar posted:

I really liked Kauboks and Panzerskank's LP of Saints Row 2. It helped when they actually got one of Volition's staff to help with some of the mods, thus making a buggy game into a hilariously broken buggy game.
That is another I would call essential viewing. And if you like that then you may also enjoy Blue Stinger by OatmealRaisin and Panzer Skank.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was always a huge fan of the Steampunk Abortionists stuff back when LPs were still just seeping out of SA. Only username I remember is CherryDoom. Are those still around anywhere?

Also Jerusalem's text San Andreas playthrough was pretty rad too

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I was always a huge fan of the Steampunk Abortionists stuff back when LPs were still just seeping out of SA. Only username I remember is CherryDoom. Are those still around anywhere?

Also Jerusalem's text San Andreas playthrough was pretty rad too

Well, I always thought the Freelance Astronauts were by far the best of all the original groups, unfortunately all their stuff is either lost or in terrible resolution. But their rapport was fantastic.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Samovar posted:

Well, I always thought the Freelance Astronauts were by far the best of all the original groups, unfortunately all their stuff is either lost or in terrible resolution. But their rapport was fantastic.

I think my favourite Freelance Astronauts video was the competitive Tetris video with |||||| versus Maxwell, for his smack talk that just kept going until he inevitably misplaced one block in the entire game that then threw him off:

"You cannot defeat me. I am a machine. My blocks fall in unbroken rows as I AWWWWWWWWW gently caress!"

I also loved the "Let Me Tell You about my Anime D&D Character. Sephiroth Goku that Stampede" that was elaborated on for 4 minutes straight of adlib until Ferr helps him complete the joke:
*after 5 minutes of anime jokes*
Ferr: And then the manager says "That's very interesting, what do you call that act?"
||||||: The Aristocrats! :v:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Didja Redo's Gazillionaire Deluxe screenshot LP turns a game which is mostly spreadsheets and 'buy low sell high' economics into a lighthearted but compelling narrative of a pair of down-on-their-luck dorks starting their first space business. Does a good job showing off the game, too, but it's not the main draw.

davidspackage's Hopkins FBI video LP takes the piss out of one of the worst adventure games I've ever seen. It's just long enough to not wear out its welcome and the delivery is perfect at highlighting how loving dumb everything in this game is.

I have to go.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
A classic: Metroixer's Let's Break Pokemon Blue. Not your typical Pokemon LP: this one takes your childhood game and does things you'd never think could be done to a GB cartridge. Broken 'mons with hellish screams, broken worlds, and ghost trainers, some of it through Action Replay codes, but many others could as easily be done on a real cartridge (or the 3DS emulator, I guess). Some videos are gone, but most work or can be found on Youtube. Includes technical, but clear and comprehensive explanations as to why the game behaves like it does. Also in the archive, a small collection of posts in .txt format discuss varied aspects of how the coding of GB Pokémon games work. All in all, it's a good (and at times, a bit unsetting) lecture if you either played those games as a kid or are interested on how early GB games worked.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love horror games but there are a lot I'll never be able to play. Can someone recommend some good horror game LPs that aren't people screeching at the scares? I've seen Voidburger's and Id's works.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jiru posted:

A classic: Metroixer's Let's Break Pokemon Blue. Not your typical Pokemon LP: this one takes your childhood game and does things you'd never think could be done to a GB cartridge. Broken 'mons with hellish screams, broken worlds, and ghost trainers, some of it through Action Replay codes, but many others could as easily be done on a real cartridge (or the 3DS emulator, I guess). Some videos are gone, but most work or can be found on Youtube. Includes technical, but clear and comprehensive explanations as to why the game behaves like it does. Also in the archive, a small collection of posts in .txt format discuss varied aspects of how the coding of GB Pokémon games work. All in all, it's a good (and at times, a bit unsetting) lecture if you either played those games as a kid or are interested on how early GB games worked.
I don't care about almost any LPs but this is really good + funny. I still crack up when I think of "FATTY WHAT DID YOU DO"

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008
It was mentioned, but no link, so here's ResearchIndicate's soothing voice. The Jurassic Park Trespasser LP
http://lparchive.org/Jurassic-Park-Trespasser/

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I think my favourite Freelance Astronauts video was the competitive Tetris video with |||||| versus Maxwell, for his smack talk that just kept going until he inevitably misplaced one block in the entire game that then threw him off:

"You cannot defeat me. I am a machine. My blocks fall in unbroken rows as I AWWWWWWWWW gently caress!"

I also loved the "Let Me Tell You about my Anime D&D Character. Sephiroth Goku that Stampede" that was elaborated on for 4 minutes straight of adlib until Ferr helps him complete the joke:
*after 5 minutes of anime jokes*
Ferr: And then the manager says "That's very interesting, what do you call that act?"
||||||: The Aristocrats! :v:

I always preferred the time Maxwell gets steadily pissed off at jokes about Louie Anderson during the RE4 LP.

Or the time Maxwell dicks over the other guys in the Wii Mario Brothers game.

So 100% of the time.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Fiendly did some solid LPs, including The Punisher, Splatterhouse, and Manhunt. The link is to the Punisher LP, where he has a comic book nerd guest.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDRE1TOP0RUe0JevII_PrC2s5Yt8S3Wzt

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I like Chip and Ironicus LPs because they play games that have really interesting and good stories but have gameplay that doesn't interest me at all.

also nthing Elentor's Final Fantasy VII LP. It took him years to complete and it is an amazing piece of work.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

OldTennisCourt posted:

I love horror games but there are a lot I'll never be able to play. Can someone recommend some good horror game LPs that aren't people screeching at the scares? I've seen Voidburger's and Id's works.

The absolute very best horror LP I've ever read was Egomaniac's take on the Remaster of Siren. It's a very complete and informative LP, including supplemental material never released in the US. Also, Ego sticks to subtitles for his videos, letting the atmosphere of the game speak for itself. Wear headphones for peak experience. Also, Siren is an impossibly difficult and obtuse game, but with an absolutely amazing storyline, with some of the very best "show don't tell" I've ever seen in a game, so it's great to have someone who knows exactly what they're doing pull it apart and show us every tiny speck of detail.

Another good horror LPer to look into is Niggurath here on the forums. He does a lot of games, many obscure, and does so with a calm and relaxing voice that is far easier to listen to than the screaming jumpers you complain about.

Unrelated: If you're interested in Screen Shot LPs that add a narrative, I strongly recommend checking out Chokes McGee's runs of Final Fantasy Legend 1 and 2 on the game boy. He is an excellent writer that adds metric tons of humor, pathos, and drama into these games, heavily characterizing what are normally blank slate player characters, and fleshing out the stories far further than what is in the game itself, while expertly staying true to what the games actually say.

Also, I too am a big fan of watching things like AGDQ and seeing people far better at older games than I'll ever be speedrun them. In that vein I'm totally hyped for next month's Big 20 Famicom Race, a marathon where players have to go through twenty famicom titles in a row, with most of the games having the stipulation of winning the whole game. As it says, it's a famicom race. Some of the titles have been ported to the NES, some with graphic overhauls (Hebereke turned into Uforia, for example) and then some games NEVER left Japan. It should be a fun race.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Would people doing Gaming documentaries count here too? Because Kimble Justice is amazing: She focuses on older stuff and has done multiple feature length videos on incredibly interesting topics including Ocean Entertainment, Imagine Software, Rare, A three part series on Peter Moluneiux and a ton of other amazing stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?elmyrdehory

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Does Oneyplays count as a let's play? I like that one, but everything else in the genre makes my hymen seal back up and I'm not even a girl.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Scorchy's LP of KOTOR 2 is fantastic

http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/

Includes analysis of the game's many, many words and also a ton of cut content that was hard to access before the restoration mod.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Big fan of Chip Cheezum and Ironicus' Metal Gear Rising LP.

Taught a lot about the game, and each video was short enough to watch during lunch. I love these two guys' chemistry as well. :3:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Poptartsninjas long (possibly longest) running Let's All Play Battletech and Rewrite Inner Sphere History LP is very heavy on the reading and so. loving. long. but extremely worth it, in my opinion.
It began in 2011 and is still ticking along, having posters participate in the scenarios makes for a lot of interesting fights, as well as a sort of communal learning process about how the game works, what works in terms of tactics and how to use the various 'mechs and their weapons to the best.

Ptn is also a pretty great storyteller and his big story updates and combat theatre votes in between scenarios are always interesting. There's been any number of times I've been torn between several possible votes for the next scenario because they all sound super interesting.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
You can't talk about the Freelance Astronauts without mentioning New Super Mario Bros. It's one person who is good at Mario, two people who are a bit mediocre, and

quote:

Let's just get this out of the way: Ferr doesn't find the "Run" button.

playing the most antagonistic co-op game Nintendo has ever released. The 8-Bonus video is a thing of beauty.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Nakar's LPs of Ultima 4, 5, 6 and 7 are super informative about a really unique and important piece of gaming history. They've also had me in literal tears from laughter, even on the reread.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Would Game Center CX count? It's a show in Japan where this thirty-something comedian and game lover named Arino comes in and has to meet challenges for old games (usually beat them) within a time limit. He's not an expert player, and often is new to the games offered, but he and the producers of the show make it incredibly entertaining. You find yourself easily rooting for the lovable Arino, and cheering along with him when he conquers particularly difficult challenges. Also, the show is intermixed with features such as trips to various arcades in Japan (called Game Centers there), and interviews with classic game creators and stuff like that. There's a big thread in Games about the show, and I'm pretty sure goons are the main source of subtitling on the net. It doesn't take much searching to find episodes on youtube or whatever, though they regularly get taken down as well. To really get a feel for the show, I suggest starting with early episodes before going forward. The Super Mario series, in order, would be a good overview of the style of the show and how it's grown, both in presentation, and in Arino's skill. On the other hand, the Punch-Out episode might be the funniest one of the entire series. The show is probably the closest equivalent to a "Top Gear" for classic gamers, and is just terrific.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Men Drinking Coffee are a pretty chill group LP team that mainly does garbage games like Ride to Hell and Mind Jack. It has a very MST3K feel to it. A good place to start is their Advergames series, where they play video games based on snack foods.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

VoidBurger's Silent Hill 2 LP is my absolute favourite.

She done two versions at the same time, one with no spoilers and no voiceover, only occasional subtitles, and the other is her and TortoiseOnTour commentate over it. It feels like a real labour of love because both of them absolutely love Silent Hill, and know drat well every detail about it's entire production.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dead to Rights and Dead to Rights: Retribution by Slowbeef and Diabetus are also pretty good.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Mzbundifund and Bacter's co-op LP of the obscure FPS/RPG Amulets & Armor. It's a fun exploration of a virtually unknown game. The LP is also notable for getting one of the original devs to come crawling out of the woodwork to update and re-release the game for free online.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Wait, The Dark Id completed his Final Fantasy X LP? I was following it when the original thread died, but I never hang out in the LP forum so I had no idea he resumed it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

so ya lets play half=life: 2 by Cybershell was hilarious, a "screenshot" LP of Half-Life 2 that was actually the original Half Life. The screenshots are actual photos of his computer monitor and if I remember correctly at one point he makes a video update of himself playing the game at his computer, then getting up and going off to the toilet for a few minutes and leaving the camera running.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Slowbeef and Diabeetus'sd playthrough of Sonic 2006 is amazing. It stops being a Let's Play partway through and turns into something close to a long-form psychological horror film.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My LPs are always the kind of games that don't engender much discussion, so my threads are quiet, but I still get enough views to know that I have an audience even though they're invisible, which is heartening :3:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Not a specific single one to reccomend but Yahtzee (of zero puncuation) and his friend Gabriel's "Lets drown out" series is/was great. Now defunct but easily worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC-Q4WBqNtMF_2GbIsGjic4A

Also its then spin off Keepetclassy if you enjoy two bogan Australians insulting each other https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC4XWGSe8Yc_iZr6TIDt7Eiw

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

http://lparchive.org/Sonic-2-Special-Edition/

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Super great friend is almost done a siren LP and is doing a blind playthrough of re7. He's pretty unflappable.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Slowbeef and Diabeetus'sd playthrough of Sonic 2006 is amazing. It stops being a Let's Play partway through and turns into something close to a long-form psychological horror film.

The original poke'capn LP of it is amazing and I've gone through all 30 hours three times.

SHY NUDIST GRRL has a new favorite as of 13:30 on Feb 8, 2017

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
My hands-down favorite LP of all time:

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d4oLHvqr8PaYFPg

Sorry about the google re-direct, I'm at work.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
slowbeef's Metal Gear 2 was hilarious and one of the only I've ever read

I think it's deleted from the internet now

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
half life: opposing forces in accordances with US regulations is enjoyable and only a few chapters. Read along with the US regulations website open in another tab.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

My hands-down favorite LP of all time:

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing

:yeah:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Mr. Glum posted:

It was mentioned, but no link, so here's ResearchIndicate's soothing voice. The Jurassic Park Trespasser LP
http://lparchive.org/Jurassic-Park-Trespasser/

Definitely the best one I've ever seen.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Oh man, I'd completely forgotten about Slowbeefs' Sprung LP: http://lparchive.org/Sprung-(Brett)/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

OldTennisCourt posted:

I heartily recommend DumbRodent's LP of Outlast, though if you're as wimpy as I am, you might still end up with your eyes closed at some of the sacrier bits :shobon:

Anyway, for me practically anything from The Men Drinkin' Coffee are top-notch. Special mention goes to LPs of Raven's Cry and Ride to Hell: Retribution, the latter of which is... NWS? I think? I also like CJacobs' work, especially his Bubsy LP.

• Locked thread