Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Oh man, there are soooooo many people I would like to off on that potential recruiter list :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh man, there are soooooo many people I would like to off on that potential recruiter list :getin:

Good, take your loving time then :argh:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Definitely going to sleep on it. Everyone on that list should give me a good argument as to why I shouldn't mercilessly shoot them in the face.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Quidthulhu posted:

Definitely going to sleep on it. Everyone on that list should give me a good argument as to why I shouldn't mercilessly shoot them in the face.

tasteful nudes

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i forgot i was in this game

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
as a lurker you should probably kill lurkers. that seems like the most direct route here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it's also probably kb, if he's not a recruiter then he would be an obvious recruit choice.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: was coming by to apologize for forgetting about this game but then I was dead lol :ghost:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
fwiw I am leaning kb right now

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
game opens up right before i pass out

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I thought MMM was pretty dodgy trying to throw shade on executioners instead of potential recruiters. After him, I could also see KB as a good choice to interrogate. So long as there actually is some interrogation this time.

then you got your lurkers

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, the potential recruiters list should be the obvious targets. Crazy to go otherwise, you'd think.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
You know when I said I had no idea what was going on?

I still don't.

So firstly I'm confused. The suspect list indicates that there are three recruiters, but we killed the vamp recruiter, so surely there are only two left? Do recruiters regenerate when killed?

In any case, assuming that's a typo, a random shot has a 1/6 chance of hitting a recruiter, which is better odds than what we started with.

With that being said, the one thing I do know is that it would have been a good strategy for recruiters to hit people who got shots early in the game and there are two people who got them at the start who haven't yet had them again.

Bifaux I will murder you at the end of the day unless you (or anyone else) can reasonably convince me that you haven't been turned, or that there's another suspect that's more likely.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Even if some of the former executioners have been turned it doesn't make sense to go after them because they can't be recruiters, who we need to go after.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

from the list I'm leaning towards little mac or jords

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Even if some of the former executioners have been turned it doesn't make sense to go after them because they can't be recruiters, who we need to go after.

I'm aware of this.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

from the list I'm leaning towards little mac or jords

Any reason for that?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Any reason for that?

both haven't been around a whole lot but just enough game related commentary to avoid being vigged for lurking.
compare their activity to someone like CCKeane, who has lurked pretty hard in this game (and under bridges in real life, so I am told)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

both haven't been around a whole lot but just enough game related commentary to avoid being vigged for lurking.
compare their activity to someone like CCKeane, who has lurked pretty hard in this game (and under bridges in real life, so I am told)

Eh the only difference between me and someone who posted in the first day of shitposting is that I didn't have anything to say before the game started.

For the game itself:

I don't see anything in inf's post that says recruiters pass on to someone else when they die, but also nothing that says they don't.

I'm town, not the cure. It would be really good if whoever was the cure would just announce it so we don't accidemtly shoot them. There's even a way of verifying - there has to be a second vampire. Whoever claims to be the cure should make the second vampire. Then we shoot the second vampire.

Possibly multiple people would announce but if they told the truth, they're the cure. If they lied, they die next turn.

If they get recruited it looks like they can get turned back, so they just call out the recruiter.

Is there anything I'm missing with this strategy?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Wait wait.

Turn 1, we blast three people.

Turn 1, night, Vamp bites someone, we now have Vamp + 1

Turn 2, we blast a vampire spawn.

Turn 2, night, Vamp bites the cure.

Turn 3, we blast the Vamp recruiter and the cure is unvamped.

There can't be another vampire.

So I don't think that strategy works.

Theoretically if the cure outed themselves as requested they'd get bitten the turn after and out their recruiter straight away.

The problem is that a spawn could out themselves falsely as a the cure and then out an incorrect person. Even if they get shot the next day, they've gained another day for their team, so you have no net change in the number of monsters and you have one less townsperson to make the win condition easier.

Imagine then you have multiple people outing themselves as a result of this and you have a massive clusterfuck.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah I didn't think about the fact the cure had to have been bitten. Bah nevermind.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You know when I said I had no idea what was going on?

I still don't.

So firstly I'm confused. The suspect list indicates that there are three recruiters, but we killed the vamp recruiter, so surely there are only two left? Do recruiters regenerate when killed?

In any case, assuming that's a typo, a random shot has a 1/6 chance of hitting a recruiter, which is better odds than what we started with.

With that being said, the one thing I do know is that it would have been a good strategy for recruiters to hit people who got shots early in the game and there are two people who got them at the start who haven't yet had them again.

Bifaux I will murder you at the end of the day unless you (or anyone else) can reasonably convince me that you haven't been turned, or that there's another suspect that's more likely.

We might lose if we start shooting players who have gotten executes, as there's a 0% chance Bif is a recruiter. As for who's been turned, I have no clue, it's not like we have any investigative roles.

Also, there's a max of what, 8 scum total? If we assume that the cure hasn't been turned again, that means there's at least 3 town that are on the list but have never gotten vigs (and that assumes that only players who have never gotten vigs have been turned. The repeats don't mean anything. I'm not a recruiter and I haven't been turned, but it would be smarter to shoot someone from the list (yeah, I'm on it but I'm still town and want us to use the best strat).

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm pretty sure there is no reasonable strategy for anyone in this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire I thought you were a new player and I have never seen you before so I am really curious just for academic purposes why it's me you singled out as an example

I used to think it was cause I had a Komaeda avatar back in the day and that "crazed voice of reason" persona lingered in my Auspol friends' heads but apparently my sounding scummy just transcends all cultural boundaries

well either that or town always doing the stupidest god damned thing possible every single second of the god damned day always transcends cultural boundaries

no one loving bit me and it looks like no one's gonna bite me, cause even though I thought I was popular with some people here and was trying real hard to let them know they all just WIFOMed themselves out of the chance to sign me up, what's the point now if I'm probably just gonna be the first execu-townie on the list to get shot so whoop de fuckin doo

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

:murder:
Start shooting some people, we have okay chances!
Also I still have not been recruited.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pussy Quipped posted:

:murder:
Start shooting some people, we have okay chances!
Also I still have not been recruited.

whoah that sounds forced why point that out jeez

(note: Yorkshire this is bitter sarcasm do not actually do that please)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

mafia edit: Do not actually SHOOT please

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
do actually shoot

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm hoping we get lucky and nail at least one of the recruiters today.

3shots and 12 potentials with 2 recruiters is a 50% chance, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Poque posted:

do actually shoot

only after you try and check if they're the cure or something! Remember it's not the end of the world for them to claim after all since they can be cured of infection apparently

thanks for your input though mister hasn't-got-an-execute-even-once

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bifauxnen posted:

only after you try and check if they're the cure or something! Remember it's not the end of the world for them to claim after all since they can be cured of infection apparently

thanks for your input though mister hasn't-got-an-execute-even-once

I'm not afraid to die

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if we kill all the recruiters and the cure is still alive, have we won the game?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I am a 100% clean certified townie, now who wants to defect from their werewolf or zombie overlord and help the town out? You can just whisper it to me, I'm your friend.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm sad that nobody loves me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yorkshire is confirmed town, right? because man those posts weren't great.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yorkshire, Stickup, and Quid are the only confirmed town at this very moment

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
KB who did you recruit and why wasn't it me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
tobbs gnawed please write a poem about why I shouldn't shoot you

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

tobbs gnawed please write a poem about why I shouldn't shoot you

Better me than someone on the vig list
but I'm town, take me down and you'll be so pissed
because you have a chance to hit scum, don't fail!
but fuckin shoot someone, drat, you slow rear end snail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Can't the cure just come out now? If they get bitten they can just tell us who the recruiter is and we can shoot them to death and save the cure

• Locked thread