Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I'm just bored at work and looking to start poo poo. I also requested that I be murdered IRL if that's still on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I'm just bored at work and looking to start poo poo. I also requested that I be murdered IRL if that's still on the table.

Are you in the united states? Will you be missed?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He's had a vig, do not kill him

make him suffer

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

this is a stickup posted:

why didn't you out dugong in the thread without outing yourself as the cure?

if kb is fake claiming cure, the real cure should stay hidden and not counter claim because he's trying to draw you out

Because then you'd just assume I was a recruit and kill me? And my role as the cure is to try and stay hidden and not get killed since I'm the only town win con as far as we know?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
can someone break down for my why kb's slip would actually mean anything? did we know that if a recruiter hit the cure, they'd get a boon? why does it matter?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

If he's fake claiming cure, the only reason to do so is because he's a recruiter. We can kill him, and if he's the cure we get to stop playing this so it's win/win

This is actually false.

I'm kinda shocked I haven't been counter claimed by a recruit yet. I would have one of my recruits fake counter claim to muddy the waters if I were them. No way does an actual recruiter claim/counter claim unless they have no better options.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

can someone break down for my why kb's slip would actually mean anything? did we know that if a recruiter hit the cure, they'd get a boon? why does it matter?

There was no slip. I said what I knew from memory, then realized I didn't have to go off memory and checked and reported back. All within a minute or two.

PQ has probably been recruited.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

do we know when the game ends? is there a chance to kill kb later?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, off to Dentist, back later.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

if you're dumbe you're scum is what I always say

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

There was no slip. I said what I knew from memory, then realized I didn't have to go off memory and checked and reported back. All within a minute or two.

well that's what i'm saying, people jumped on it like it was a Gotcha! but I didn't see the point.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

Because then you'd just assume I was a recruit and kill me? And my role as the cure is to try and stay hidden and not get killed since I'm the only town win con as far as we know?

this logic doesn't check out.

the whole plan is to kill recruiters. why would we suddenly kill a confirmed recruit, especially after you helped the town AND when you could later confirm you helped because you are the cure?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

This is actually false.

I'm kinda shocked I haven't been counter claimed by a recruit yet. I would have one of my recruits fake counter claim to muddy the waters if I were them. No way does an actual recruiter claim/counter claim unless they have no better options.

If they've been recruiting from the executioners that wouldn't work.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I just said it was suspicious. Still town

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

well that's what i'm saying, people jumped on it like it was a Gotcha! but I didn't see the point.

Nobody did this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

the whole plan is to kill recruiters. why would we suddenly kill a confirmed recruit, especially after you helped the town AND when you could later confirm you helped because you are the cure?

if you were recruited, you could not possibly be a recruiter. for all intents and purposes, you'd be cleared and there would be no reason to kill you.

either way, if KB is telling the truth, he gets recruited again tonight and either dies somehow or outs the recruiters tomorrow. kill 2 people on the list that aren't kb, gg

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pussy Quipped posted:

Nobody did this.

you did, stickup too. if there's something i'm not getting then you could explain it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the one thing I haven't mentioned at all is the thing you said I jumped on as a slip

what

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

you did, stickup too. if there's something i'm not getting then you could explain it.

KB admitted that he gave us wrong information, either unwittingly like he said or because he realized he couldn't support his lie. I expressed suspicion of his motivations. If it was an honest mistake, then that's fine but it's hard to believe things like that at face value in a game like this.

Somberbrero posted:

So it matters to me because I want to be able to trust the information given by KB

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

if you were recruited, you could not possibly be a recruiter. for all intents and purposes, you'd be cleared and there would be no reason to kill you.

either way, if KB is telling the truth, he gets recruited again tonight and either dies somehow or outs the recruiters tomorrow. kill 2 people on the list that aren't kb, gg

Why would the recruiters bite KB tonight if they think he'll rat them out? Assuming every cult gets the same boon, what does 2 bites get you if you did the next day?

Note: I'm not saying I don't think KB is the cure and that we should shoot him. We shouldn't just in case he's telling the truth. I just don't think that your conclusion is really accurate.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I'd shoot a counterclaim in the list of potential recruiters

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jordan7hm posted:

Why would the recruiters bite KB tonight if they think he'll rat them out? Assuming every cult gets the same boon, what does 2 bites get you if you did the next day?

Note: I'm not saying I don't think KB is the cure and that we should shoot him. We shouldn't just in case he's telling the truth. I just don't think that your conclusion is really accurate.

if kb is the cure and they don't bite him, we win. the cure making it to the end is literally the only mechanic in the game that makes the town win. :cripes:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kinda want to shoot PQ for his conversation turn right now. I think coming down hard on KB for misspeaking is pretty susp.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
portly beards

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
1. KB says he would have outed himself as the cure after dugong was shot
2. KB did not simply out his recruiter after being recruited as the cure
3. KB says this is because we would kill him for being a recruit
4. if KB has been recruited, he is infected and not a possible recruiter. he doesn't need to be killed.

logic is faulty and KB is a logical player, so it's weird, but

5. if he is the cure, the recruiters have to get him in order to stop town from winning

unless kb is lying or there is something going on in the background, game solved because the cure can out the recruiters and infected for executioners to kill. this cures the cure, town wins. infected have no way to win as there is no way to kill the cure.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if there is another way to kill the cure, we lose because kb claimed and is exposed.

if not, we win because kb claimed and he is now unkillable.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

inf pretty heavily implied that the different factions may have different mechanics

but it's a fairly safe bet to assume he had some sort of failsafe allowing the cure to come back to town

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I feel bad for saying this because jordan hasn't posted a lot and I don't want discourage further posting but those last two posts were a bit sus

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey jordo who do you think is the scum

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

Kinda want to shoot PQ for his conversation turn right now. I think coming down hard on KB for misspeaking is pretty susp.

Why are people trying to create this narrative that I'm jumping all over KB with some Gotcha poo poo?

Pussy Quipped posted:

KB admitted that he gave us wrong information, either unwittingly like he said or because he realized he couldn't support his lie. I expressed suspicion of his motivations. If it was an honest mistake, then that's fine but it's hard to believe things like that at face value in a game like this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

:murder: Dugong - Vampire Cult Recruiter has died D3 at the hands of iajanus :murder:

You are the Vampire Cult Recruiter
Once per night you may ##BITE NAME to infect someone and change them into a Vampire

You win when your cult controls a majority percentage over the remaining playerbase.
You lose if The Cure makes it to the Bastion alive, and uninfected.

:siren: The Cure has been cleansed of his Infection :siren:

reminder that we see the wincons pretty clearly here. the cure must make it alive and uninfected. killing the recruiter cleansed the infection from the cure. inf said multiple outcomes, not different mechanics.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also KB could have already been bit by either of the other two factions

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

It would be pretty funny if all 3 bit the same dude

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
if you are the cure, tell us who recruits you immediately, game over

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think there's no guarantee that killing whoever infects the cure turns them back. It works thematically with vampires, but not, say, zombies.

Also there's a chance that KB is not a recruiter but just infected and trying to draw out the cure for his recruiter. If someone counterclaims cure that doesn't necessarily mean he's recruiter.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

if you are the cure, tell us who recruits you immediately, game over

are you implying you don't believe KB here or are you just not paying attention

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you are the core, tell me how it feels

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Little Mac posted:

I think there's no guarantee that killing whoever infects the cure turns them back. It works thematically with vampires, but not, say, zombies.

Also there's a chance that KB is not a recruiter but just infected and trying to draw out the cure for his recruiter. If someone counterclaims cure that doesn't necessarily mean he's recruiter.

this is exactly what I have already said.

Quidthulhu posted:

are you implying you don't believe KB here or are you just not paying attention

it applies regardless no matter who the cure actually is. that's the game breaking strat in a nutshell: have the cure tell the thread who recruited them.

it's suspicious because the cure being allowed into the doc at all makes no sense to me. if you think there is something faulty in that logic, point it out

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That only works if I can claim before the flip, but remember, I had reached out to Inf to ask about claiming my actual role once he answered me and told me to wait, he shortly thereafter posted the flip. Claiming after that point would have done no good since we'd be doing the same song and dance about whether you can trust what I'm saying.

Reread my posts. Watch how quickly I respond to the flip and point out the cure portion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jordan7hm posted:

If they've been recruiting from the executioners that wouldn't work.

This is true, but we know at least Dugong was not recruiting from the executioners. And I never got to hear an answer to why that is.

Also, we are seeing several repeat executioners, so it's possible other recruiters are also doing that.

• Locked thread