Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

my next game will be Black Mage Apocalypse Mafia

Bif, you know how to cut straight to the core of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

my next game will be Black Mage Apocalypse Mafia
preeeeee siiiiiign

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:murder:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm glad i got called out by name several times in the docs, and also denounced as a lil homie gay rear end

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm glad i got called out by name several times in the docs, and also denounced as a lil homie gay rear end

Hahahaahah

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I am eternally mad irl at yorkie for cruelly robbing me of the chance to have chaoslord in that doc

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It's a defintely a term of endearment

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also mad at Yorkie because wtf dude I gave you the recruiter

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I am eternally mad irl at yorkie for cruelly robbing me of the chance to have chaoslord in that doc

:same: :yeah: :agreed:

I am very upset that I was robbed of this chance, the chance to shoot someone tobbs, and the chance to get 100 posts.

0/10 would not play again unless given vig :colbert:

(kidding, I had fun for the brief time I was alive)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw Inf, for all your slander you should've seen all the PM's me and Birb were sending when I got double infected

like literally after I saw the 2nd PM I was like "omg omg omg this is gonna be so great I'm a werezombie"

I was keeping it out of the doc at first just in case there was more ~intrigue~ with future recruits so nobody would be the wiser, but it turned out it was all kinda pointless, mechanics wise :v:

Not to mention Moat decided to just call out the zombie recruiter anyway while I was afk and was too late to talk him out of it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh yeah I'm sorry for asking to be shot, but I think a problem with games with changing wincons is that sometimes players will get into the trap of feeling like they have to get infected or killed to get onto thw winning side :shrug:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh yeah I'm sorry for asking to be shot, but I think a problem with games with changing wincons is that sometimes players will get into the trap of feeling like they have to get infected or killed to get onto thw winning side :shrug:

Yeah this was me - like I was hoping to get recruited because it would give me people to communicate with, but didn't want to say that since I figured it'd get me shot. I felt like I didn't really have anything to say because there weren't any hints or anything (like through night actions or whatever) for me to make an effective read on someone.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah if you're not recruited or gain the execute ability, it's kinda bland being town :(

Should just run a game where EVERYONE gets a dayvig immediately, including the scum team, and see who wins at the end of the day.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I agree make it so the vig doesn't confirm the shooter

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Mafia Games needing more signups to open :siren:

AUSPOLFORMERS: THE MOVIE: THE GAME - SECOND STRIKE
Gashapon Mafia
[Mafia] Final Fantasy 4 Mafia
Mega Man Mafia 2 (M32) - The Siege Of Chateau Light

So fuckin sign up and play ya shits

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Murmur Twin sorry for shooting you. If I had my choice, I wouldn't have shot anyone but felt I had a responsibility to make stuff happen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't ever apologise for shooting Murmur Twin

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Yeah if you're not recruited or gain the execute ability, it's kinda bland being town :(

Should just run a game where EVERYONE gets a dayvig immediately, including the scum team, and see who wins at the end of the day.

Everyone Gets A Dayvig

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 17, 2017

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So told the truth about everything but the recruiter swap hail mary(that should be real tho).

PMs, town lost twice:

quote:

Infinitum wrote on Feb 12, 2017 02:26:
Bad news Mr. The Cure

The Vampire bit you, and town have lost the game!
The good news is you now join the Vampires Cult and win when the Vampire team holds a majority!

Cultdoc is here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yauOFqj0ioiFG28yPvzqfnviXBfkg34vodt13Ww3T5w/edit#gid=1234772167

Double good news! You've now empowered the Vampire who can now bite 2 targets every night!

quote:

Infinitum wrote on Feb 15, 2017 00:08:
Bad news Mr. The Cure

The Werewolf bit you, and town have lost the game!.. Again.
The good news is you now join the Werewolf Cult and win when the Werewolf team holds a majority!

Cultdoc is here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H6mrxkZYxISuSDB-FL_fhhxD8l2A-cHtQCSmChqv4FQ/edit#gid=82751441

Double good news! You've now empowered the Vampire who can now bite 2 targets every night!

Bad news though.. you can no longer be purged of your infection if the Werewolf dies.
You are permanently aligned to the Werewolf Cult.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Lampsacus posted:

Murmur Twin sorry for shooting you. If I had my choice, I wouldn't have shot anyone but felt I had a responsibility to make stuff happen.

It's all part of the game, no worries :glomp:

Infinitum posted:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Find the cure, get immediately killed

:jerry:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Dugong posted:

Find the cure, get immediately killed

:jerry:

Look, I just love killing dugongs.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Can I suggest putting the distribution of executions in the hands of a power role? Sort of a Kingmaker scenario where they don't know who might be scum and who might be town? I think that would create a situation where the person with the vig would at least promote more discussion since they would want to make it apparent to the distributor that they are trustworthy.

Ultimately though, I think maybe this game would be better run as a live event. Situations where town has zero ability to do something while a few people decide the game go better when things are moving fast. The forums is not an ideal environment for that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh man, well I had fun with this as my first time doing anything mafia related.

I'm actually kinda terrified with how accurate I managed to be nearer the end of the game.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I'm sorry! I didn't know who to murder and after reading page after page of chaoslord going crazy in the thread, killing him in his sleep seemed hilariously anti-climatic.

Moatillata posted:

Also mad at Yorkie because wtf dude I gave you the recruiter

I didn't know if you were lying or not! You could have been a zombie or some poo poo.

In any case, I don't know that much so I can't say what could have been done better, although I think giving the cults shots would have been helpful to avoid the town just going down the list to find the leaders.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh man, well I had fun with this as my first time doing anything mafia related.

Thank you for choosing my 'not'-mafia game as your first mafia experience!

Here is the Mafia Discussion Thread if you're interested in playing some normal mafs :v:

New games are announced there (usually)

Final Fantasy 4 Mafia is probably the closest to currently opening, and only needs 2 more players to start!
It will be actual proper mafia, as opposed to this experiment :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Max posted:

Can I suggest putting the distribution of executions in the hands of a power role?

Yeah I was thinking that, or potentially making the execute abilities be a private thing where I PM people directly and the executes are then just announced.

The downside being people would just immediately claim "Oh hey this was me I did the kill. I'm town now"

Need a way to give the ability out, without confirming an alignment so the solution to the game can't be resolved by "who didn't get the ability yet"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I didn't know if you were lying or not! You could have been a zombie or some poo poo.

In any case, I don't know that much so I can't say what could have been done better, although I think giving the cults shots would have been helpful to avoid the town just going down the list to find the leaders.

You made the right choice. :getin:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm sorry! I didn't know who to murder and after reading page after page of chaoslord going crazy in the thread, killing him in his sleep seemed hilariously anti-climatic.

No joke it was pretty funny. Had I posted my reaction to waking up dead someone would have quoted it and said "nice meltdown"

Then we all would have had a good laugh

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

No joke it was pretty funny. Had I posted my reaction to waking up dead someone would have quoted it and said "nice meltdown"

Then we all would have had a good laugh

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Oi Kash I'm going to recruit you any time I have the chance in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't forget about white people mafia https://discord.gg/np7KXA4