Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



OOC Thread
Influence Sheet

Issue #1: Arcadia of My Youth

Wow, what a hectic week this has been, huh? Midterms are coming up, after all, and I hope you've all been studying for them! And don't forget about all those projects and assignments you have due soon! Oh, and there was the whole thing with Scorcer, too. Things, uh, could've gone a lot better, but hey, at least you managed to save the day, and it gave you your first taste of working as a real superhero team!

Speaking of which, after filling out a few forms, you've all now been officially registered as a Jr. Hero Team, hooray! The only thing left for you to do now, before you get to do some proper superheroing, is to meet your supervisor. Every new Jr. Hero team is assigned a supervisor; someone who's job it is to provide guidance for the team, and assist them when things get really bad. Who's your supervisor? You'll find out soon enough!



Until then, you've been told to wait in your class for them, and you've been waiting a while now. A really long while. They should have been here, like, an hour ago. What's taking them so long?

Another hour passes by, and just when you think all hope is lost, you all hear the class door burst open, and you hear a voice yelling out, "Sorry! Sorry! I didn't mean to keep you all waiting for so long!" as a robed man hurries inside.



You all recognize him as The Amazing Arcanist, who actually doesn't look all that "amazing" right now. He looks a little haggard, and a bit out of breath. He takes a moment to catch his breath, and quickly attempts to compose himself in front of you all, "Hello, students. I apologize once again for making you all wait so long. I had to take care of something, and it took longer than I expected, but let's not get into that. I've kept you all waiting long enough, and I'm sure you're all itching to get this over with by now."

"Let me introduce myself; I am The Amazing Arcanist, but most of you know that already, and I'll be your official supervisor. It will be my role to guide you, the new generation, into becoming real, fully-fledged heroes. I have high hopes for you all, so don't let me down now!" he gives you all a tired looking smile, "Now, what did you decide to call your team again? The All-New Alliance, was it? A fine name, if I do say so myself. As for your leader," he fixes his glasses, and looks down on his notes, "It seems the vote was almost unanimous," he tilts his head back up, and looks at the direction of X-Calibre, "Congratulations, Ms. Brennan! Or should I say, X-Calibre? By a strong majority, you have been elected as team leader! Congratulations! I'm confident that you'll be able to do a great job leading the team."

"Now," he straightens himself up, and his voice has a sterner tone to it, like he's lecturing a class, "As you should all know, being a Jr. Hero Team brings new responsibilities. You'll be expected to handle field work on your own from now on, and assist the people in their time of need. Also, I hope you've all studied up on Superheroic Law, as you're all expected to follow the rules and guidelines stated in those laws. Oh, don't think of using this as an excuse to slack off on your studies. You're still students, and as such, it is expected that you keep up with your studies. Education is still important."

"It's a lot to keep track of, I know, but you'll all get the hang of it eventually," his face softens a little, and he smiles at you all again, "Now students, do you have any ques- hm?"

He tilts his head to the side, and presses a finger to the communicator in his ear (Most of the teachers are still active heroes, and are given communicators to contact them in case of emergencies), "What was that? A robbery in progress? ...You want them to handle it? Are you sure? ...Hm, okay."

His conversation finished, he turns to face you all again, "Well, that was quicker than expected. There's a bank robbery happening a few blocks from here, and they want your team to handle it. They want to see how well you handle yourselves as a team. It's a little sudden, I know, but I think you'll all be able to handle this. I wish you all good luck! I'll be keeping in contact with you all via your communicators!"

---

You've managed to make it to the Bank of Arcadia a few moments later to see the giant hole where the wall used to be, and is that... music? Who the heck bought an orchestra to a bank robbery? And are those... knights in golden armor walking out with bags of money? Wow, this sure wasn't what any of you were expecting, huh?



The one leading this pack of knights is a rather ostentatious looking figure, who's golden armor is sparkling brighter than the rest. He walks with a forced swagger, as if he was the most important person in the room, his cape, billowing dramatically in the wind (Despite there being no wind at all today. How does he do that?).

You've heard stories of The Golden King, and how his ego was large enough to feed an entire country. Despite that, they say he's not one to be underestimated (No matter how goofy his whole shtick is).



Following close behind him is a larger, more threatening figure. Yikes. His name is Gigant, a muscle for hire, and he's not someone to be messed with, that's for sure.

Well, it looks like it's up to you to handle... whatever this is. Good luck, team!

Everyone

What do you think of your new responsibilities? Do you think you'll be able to handle them? Is there anything on your mind, school or non-school related, that's worrying you?

Psychosoma

Huh, The Amazing Arcanist is your supervisor. How does that make you feel? You've heard his house was recently burned down (thankfully there were no injuries), and yet, here he is like nothing's happened. Are you worried about him? Also, you feel something... strange in the air. What do you think it is?

What do you do?

Sanguine

Pfft, look at these chumps. You can take them all on, no problem! Well, maybe the big guy might be a problem, but you should be able to handle it, right? Actually, you find your attention drifting away from the robbers, and onto this woman who's leaning against the bank walls, casually watching the scene in front of her unfold. For some reason, your predecessors are going nuts over this woman, whoever she is! What are they saying? Do you really have time to worry about her when there's a more immediate threat in front of you?

What do you do?

Sammi

Oh, geez! First the whole incident in the mall, and now this! Are you sure you can handle this? You don't have Headmistress Amala with you, but at least Sanguine is there to help you out! Speaking of the Headmistress, she hasn't been around for you as much lately, she's been a lot busier than usual. Do you think it has anything to do with what happened at the mall, or is there something else?

What do you do?

Meeba

Remember the time when you and Black Rabbit legally trespassed into the abandoned ClariTek campus together in a totally legal and lawful manner? There was something there that caught your eye. What was it?

Black Rabbit

Uh, wow. How do you feel being the only normal (or at least, close to normal compared to everybody else on the team) person in the team? Do you feel pressured in anyway? Oh, and remember the stunt you've pulled in the Hive Sky-mall? You've actually come across something very interesting in one of the control rooms. What was it?

What do you do?

X-Calibre

Congrats on being made the leader! How does that make you feel? Is this something you actually wanted, or would you have prefered the role go to someone else? Either way, the team is now looking at you to lead them, so no pressure!

What do you do?

Team

Does the leader has Influence over every teammate: Yes (+1)

Does everyone has the same purpose in the fight: Yes (+1)

Does any team member mistrust the leader or the team: No (+0)

Is your team is ill-prepared or off-balance: No (-0)

You start with 4 Team

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2017 around 11:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Sammi kicked her legs under her chair, waiting for the teacher to arrive. She wasn't worried. Why should she be? Teacher was an adult, and adults were responsible people who you could rely on. That's what she'd been told anyway. She didn't mind though, because she was sitting next to Sanguine. She glanced his way and gave him a shy little smile, snuggling down into her scarf. He'd been really supportive since the whole mall incident. The whole team had been! It was nice to have some friends. Headmistress Amala had been really happy when she told her about it all! Well... all except the whole destroying the mall.

She'd got in trouble for that.

A lot of trouble.

But that was okay! She'd done a bad. So she'd done an essay on how to handle hostage situations in future. (She really seemed to struggle with hostage situations) She'd not seen Amala since then, there were lots of meetings and important things she had to do! It was totally understandable! Sammi was fine with it! There was noting wrong! She didn't feel lonely or anything! Nor did she worry she'd done something to upset Headmistress Amala and she didn't want anything to do with her! Why would she?

Totally.

The teacher burst into the room and Sammi half jumped out of her skin! She'd been completely elsewhere. She sat up straight and listened carefully, just like she'd been taught. She started to raise her hand at the offer of questions, but Mr The Amazing Arcanist seemed to be distracted by something. She lowered her hand again. Fidgeting with her scarf end instead, feeling all the eyes in the room on her back. At least her scarf hid her embarrassed blush. She didn't get to well on it long. Again she was pulled out of her thoughts. Trouble? They were going on a mission already?

B-But she'd only just got her books out...!

- - -

The bank... it was huge. Intimidating in it's size. Castle like in it's structure. She audibly gulped, sticking a little bit closer to Sanguine. That said, she did keep her eye on their team leader, X-Calibre. She certainly wasn't expecting the bad guys to walk out of a hole in the wall.

"A-Are... A-Are they allowed to d-do that...?" She asked. That wasn't the door! You had to use the door! Headmistress Amala was really clear on that! Wait... was that other peoples money? That was other peoples money! Noooooo! Stealing was bad! Maybe they didn't know? She didn't when she was first created. Maybe if she just told them they'd take the money back! Yeah!

Sammi marched forward determinedly. Standing before the men, both of them towering over her by at least three feet, if not more.

"E-Excuse m-m-m-e?" She started. Feeling extremely flustered as they turned to look at her. "T-That isn't y-your money, is it? I-If it i-isn't yours, t-t-then you s-should t-take it back i-into the b-bank! S-S-Stealing is bad! A-And it makes p-people r-really unhappy! S-So c-could you p-please return t-the money to t-the bank?"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Feb 7, 2017 around 14:21

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Sanguine peeked over at Sammi and shot her a warm grin. She was sitting next to him. This was good. Very good! She was a bit — or, more accurately, incredibly — shy, so it felt like it had taken them days to even get to that point in their friendship. Was she looking a little pale...? And the way she was buried in her scarf... Hm. Maybe he'd make her some soup. She may be a spirit inhabiting a human vessel or whatever, but it'd be a real bummer if she came down with a cold or something. After all, Carmine really seemed to like her in her own weird prophetic way. Not many people got favorable reviews from the Elders.

He tapped his finger idly on a desk as The Amazing Arcanist entered the room, careful not to accidentally pierce through the odd material. For something that was supposed to be basically unbreakable, he'd ended up in trouble a few times for accidentally defacing school property. It was apparently quite frowned upon. The wizard yammered on for a bit, then two words caught his attention. Wait, Superheroic Law? Was that even a course he was signed up for...? No, he was pretty sure that wasn't part of the remedial package. Whatever. He'd cross and/or burn that bridge when the time came. They couldn't get too mad at him for something that they weren't teaching. Right?

The prospect of a field exercise was pretty appealing! Nothing quite like a bit of exercise to get his mind off of things. He just needed to make sure everyone made it through alright. He was worried about X-Cal overextending herself, of course, but Sammi... Well, she was a big softie. He was worried that she might get too stressed out by everything. He sighed, thinking back to the dressing down they had all gotten after the mall incident. It hadn't really been fair how she'd gotten so much of the heat for that. It was only a few floors! They would have burned down anyways. He'd need to keep an eye on her, though, if only to make sure she was doing okay. And maybe because she was really pretty. That certainly didn't hurt.

---

Sanguine scanned the scene. The majority of the villains didn't seem like they'd amount to much. Five exchanges, at the most, and he could drop the knights and their king. Their armor would yield like paper. It wouldn't even take enough time to heat up some water for tea. The mercenary was a bit of a different story. He wore violence like a uniform. Given time he was sure that he could wear him down, but that would keep him busy long enough that the others might run into trouble. An unacceptable risk. A slow murmur began to rise in the back of his mind. The Elders were saying something. He couldn't quite make it out, not really, but...

the girl the girl the girl the girl the girl the girl

A girl? Where? He looked around and saw a woman leaning against the bank wall. That was kind of suspicious. Most of the civilians had already cleared out and the remaining ones, not that he could see any, would probably be huddling down or otherwise trying to stay out of the way. She just looked like she couldn't give two shits about these chumps. That meant she was either utterly convinced that she didn't have to worry about them, whether she was a secret mastermind or just incredibly powerful, or she was wildly overconfident. He was pretty sure that the Elders wouldn't be raising such a fuss about some lady on a power-trip, though. As he looked at her, he heard Carmine's voice raise itself above the murmur, The observer has been revealed. The Trial has begun. The wheels of fate will not halt their revolution.

Well, poo poo. That sounded ominous. And, of course, largely irrelevant compared to more immediate concerns. Sammi had taken the opportunity to go and ask them to put everything back. It... it was goddamn adorable, is what it was, but oh man. He'd spent enough time taking their measure that he wouldn't be able to get to her in time. If they hurt her... Well, he'd take Kermes's advice to heart. There would be no mercy.

quote:

11:51 AM <Tricky> Sanguine assesses the situation!
11:51 AM <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
11:51 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 6+1 = 7

What here is the biggest threat?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger -1 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bank of Arcadia


That small box. Whenever Meeba passed by it at the ClariTek campus, it would light up and beep, and then give a code. 000331. It didn't seem to notice Rabbit at all. It's like it was identifying her. But that didn't make sense. Meeba was the only Meeba! It couldn't know what she was, right? Still, the puzzle keeps her a little distant as she settles in. Maybe she should have taken it? But what if it was dangerous? What if it was still dangerous? Well, it could have gotten her "caught", and she was told she shouldn't get "caught". She remained doubtful that they could catch her so easily, though. Almost all of them were solid!... or close enough to it.

Resting her chin on her palms, Meeba's hair flicks back and forth impatiently as she watches the Arcanist. Magic didn't make sense like machines did. All just colors and symbols and noises. She, at least, had a better grasp on this world's physical laws, less so on the things that subverted them. Still. She really wanted to understand. Sitting up a little too straight, she pays close attention. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she doesn't seem to tire nearly so easily. It makes her a proper student, save for her odd fidgets.

Speaking of which, a tiny head pokes out from her "hair", a mini-Meeba watching the reactions of her classmates. It was important, after all, to try and understand the appropriate reactions! A miniature, cartoonish version of her climbs Meeba's mane to get a better view, dressed in a simple dress. She stares at 'Soma a little too long, though, and Meeba's eyes widen as she hunches into her shoulders. Reaching up, she squashes "herself" back into her hair with some momentary flailing from the mini-her, and then looks apologetically at 'Soma before trying to focus her attention.

------ ------ ------

A ball bounces down, unrolling out into Meeba's form as pink arm stretches in front of Sammi as if to warn her... or shield her. Or both. "Golden King!", Meeba calls out, making a stony fist with her other hand. "Sammi is right. Um-" She pauses, seeming to try and try and put two and three together. "- this is not your kingdom, it belongs to the Presidents. That is why they are on all the money! Because it's theirs!" She looks to X-Calibre for a moment, as if making sure that she's getting that right, but there's no time for her to be certain. "Do not think that Meeba just looks soft! She can be very, very solid! And a king should be more responsible than this!"

Going to try and Pierce the (king's) Mask, but a 5 just marks Potential instead.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2017 around 16:11

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

--We could be watching My Totally Irresponsible Ninja Past right now--

'Shut it. This is important'


I flick the sword's hilt with my finger, shaking my head slightly. Despite that, I'm not feeling much more patient than Snicker-snack. I really don't like waiting. It wasn't like this before, I used to love just spending time daydreaming, or napping, stuff like that. But now, it feels like every second we're wasting sitting here waiting for our Supervisor is one of the few I have left before I die. Each silent moment is filled with the sound of my life ticking away. The longer we wait, the more depressing my thoughts get, in a similar vein to the previous ones, until eventually The Amazing Arcanist finally arrives. I'm not in a particularly receptive mood by then, but I'm lifted somewhat from the sour, dark contemplation by the news that they (almost) all voted for me to be the leader. I'm not... I don't entirely know how to feel about that, but it is... heartening, to know that they trust me. I give the team a faint smile, and Psychosoma a slightly brighter one.

At least they're giving me something important to do. I didn't agree to join the Hero Academy because I wanted to sit in class all day and not be doing heroics as well. I'd rather be doing just the heroics, but... --A dull mind is a dull blade-- 'Your wise mentor shtick worked a lot better before you started quoting anime characters, but I get your point.' Doesn't stop having to waste time on an education I won't use from being a pain though. In any case, I'm leading the team now, and apparently I'm leading them up against the bank robbers The Golden King and Gigant.

"Well, no, not in the sense that they should be doing it. But we're the only ones who can stop them." This team was going to be trouble, given some of the people on it. How to organize this team... Meeba could take care of herself, as could Sanguine, Black Rabbit probably needed someone to fight with but would handle himself fine once going, Sammi almost certainly needed someone to watch her back, and Psychosoma was a bit of a mystery as of yet. An appealing mystery. "Okay team-Sammi what are you doing." Oh no.

"Meeba, Sami, they know what they're doing is illegal, you don't need to tell them!" Wait, did they? Was that in the Superheroic Law book somewhere? She couldn't remember reading that. "Probably." Okay, you've got to think fast Claire. Split this group up. Sammi and Sanguine were the obvious pair, but she wanted Sanguine on Gigant, and that seemed a little too risky to put Sammi, but... ugh. "Sammi, Sanguine, go after The Golden King and his Knights, Meeba, Psychosoma, you're with me on Gigant. Black Rabbit, start with Sammi and Sanguine, if either of these guys have powers you might need to switch to focus them specifically, but for now make sure none of the knights get out of here with the money. Alright, All-New Alliance, let's move!"

My executive decision was that I wasn't going to risk anyone else on Gigant just yet, he seemed the most dangerous by far. Meeba can probably absorb the blows by being gooy, and Psychosoma should be able to hang back to support from a distance. Narrowing my eyes at Gigant, I step forward, hand falling to the hilt of Snicker-snack, the other already holding his sheath. I step forward, and blur, appearing in front of him in a very fast movement. "Stop." And then my blade lashes out in a gleaming black streak, cutting for his chest armor.

[19:48:42] <GodFish> directly engage Gigant
[19:48:51] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[19:48:51] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 5+2 = 7
Going to take his armor!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving
And something has got to give


Ultra Carp


Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Bank of Arcadia

Most people wouldn't think of "be the normal one" as a major responsibility, but most people don't have Black Rabbit's teammates. Being normal, to Sanguine and X-Calibre, means being a "work in progress" at best: someone to watch over, someone who needed help carrying his weight. That's a little humbling, but he at least expected it. But Psychosoma? Sammi? For them, Black Rabbit's supposed to be some kind of role model. How the Hell is that even going to work? He's never even had a pet. How is he supposed to be some kind of shining example of humanity for a girl who'd been out of it for thousands of years (... right?) and a girl who was barely even a person? He can deal with Sanguine busting his chops, but he's still not sure if he can deal with being a good example. At least Meeba can do her own thing sometimes, even if her own thing is beyond weird.

As he waits for the team's advisor, Black Rabbit idly toys with the key in his pocket. He'd found it on one of the control-room desks in the Hive Sky-Mall: a locker key to the local roller-skating rink, of all places, on which someone had written the initials "H.S.M." in black marker. Someone had attached a keyring and paper tag, stapled to a business card for Kayla Johanssen, Vice-President of R&D for Fletcher Aerospace. He doesn''t know a ton about his father's employer's business, let alone their R&D, but he's pretty sure that Fletcher Aerospace doesn't deal in mall security -- but he's also pretty sure they didn't normally do business via roller-rink lockers, so maybe "normal"'s out the window here. He hasn't had a chance to slip away to the Arcadia Stars Rollerdome to check out the locker himself, but when he has a chance... maybe today, after their advisor meeting...

The Amazing Arcanist's arrival cuts that train of thought short, and when he announced the bank robbery in progress, Black Rabbit knows he won't have time for the Rollerdome today. There's work to do. "Work in progress" and "role model" may be things he's figuring out, but hopefully "teammate" he can manage.

--

At the bank, it's impossible not to focus on the Golden King, because all that bling means both "ringleader" and "target." Gigant he doesn't have a hope of getting to, at least not yet, but that King? Oh, too tempting. Way too tempting. Big egos fall hard, and those knights probably aren't going to deal well either if their leader gets shown up. The question is, what's his angle? Black Rabbit tips his mask down and takes a look. There's got to be an angle here...

Assess the Situation: 2d6+2 11
How could I best infuriate or provoke the Golden King? (from Criminal Mind question list)
Who here is most vulnerable to me?

I assume Criminal Mind doesn't actually give me a bonus Assess question, just adds to my Assess question and lets me ask one from that list on a miss, so those are my two questions for a 10+.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

Meeba jumped in front of Sammi, she was a little surprised by it. Was Meeba... protecting her? Did she need to be protected from these men? She looked at them again, sizing them up. This man was a king, they were supposed to be good people, so while was this one taking this money? She looked back to the rest of the team, uncertain of what to do.

- - -

Think I'm going to tag Black Rabbit as Sammi's current Role Model, and then going to PIERCE THE MASK!
1:19 PM !r 2d6+1
1:19 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 5+1 = 6
1:19 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Welp

+1 Potential

- - -

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Psychosoma sits at the very front of the room, burying her head in books. Her passive empathy made her keenly aware of the impatience the others were feeling, and like most empaths, it started bleeding into her own feelings. However, she was far too busy to complain about it - after all, there's still schoolwork to be done, books to read, and so on. But her current thoughts were on the Amazing Arcanist.

His home had burned down, and yet, he is here, doing his work as if nothing happened. His willpower is incredible. Is this what being a hero is about? If so... Psychosoma had a lot of work to do.

Her trained senses picked up the Amazing Arcanist's presence far before he was in the room, and she couldn't help herself but look at the exact position he was in, and ended up already looking at him the second he opened the door. He had told her that people found this disturbing, but she hadn't managed to shake that habit yet. After all, it is only proper to address people when you become aware of their presence. The difference was that Psychosoma could do so far before anybody else could.

The fact that the Amazing Arcanist, the person she's had the most contact with so far, turned out to be the supervisor of the team eased her worries greatly. After all, she's had time to figure out how he works, and as such was one of the few known factors in this unknown world. But still, Psychosoma could not help but feel a bit uneasy about being given additional duties so soon. For her, she still felt like her knowledge of the world was too inadequate. But still, she was tasked with this, and as such she will try to do her duties to the best of her ability. It's how Psychosoma has done things back then, and there seemed little point in doing otherwise.

Thankfully, Superheroic Law was her favorite subject in class so far. While the lawgivers have changed, the idea behind laws have not. And a lot of the laws are similar in nature to the laws the atlantean mages used to abide by - since they were so incredibly powerful compared to common footsoldiers, they had additional laws in order to prevent misuse of that power. They also were the only branch of the military that allowed women into it - largely due to the rarity of mages back in the day. Wasting such an incredible gift back in the day was a very foolish act. However, it seems even that has changed in the modern day.

It really was intruiging, just how completely things have changed. Indeed, even things that were supposed to be as unshakable as common sense have changed so much they are nearly unrecognizable. For example, recently she has learned that the world is not flat, and that the earth is not in the center of the universe. Things the clergy would have branded one a heretic for back in the day, and likely burned at the stake - but the people of today have advanced science so far that they were able to prove these matters. It really was incredible.

However, Psychosoma would have preferred to study this as a scholar. Unfortunately, she is on the complete opposite end of that scale, as one which is largely ignorant of most things.


----

Psychosoma got an incredibly bad feeling as they approached the bank. This was because she was sensitive to a person's aura, one of the ways to ascertain a person's power. And an incredibly powerful one is nearly overwhelming her senses. It was one of the downsides of the magical senses she has - if there was a powerful opponent trying to overwhelm her with sheer sense of presence, it would be a lot more effective than a common person. And whatever this is? It's nearly overwhelming her without even knowing she is around.

Needless to say, this is bad. But fleeing right now would likely lose her the few allies she has, so she grit her teeth and continued onward.

And then, the opponents revealed themselves. A shiver went down her spine as the full force of the magnificent, truly overwhelming aura of the Golden King washed over her. Truly, this man must be a warrior-king of legends, to be able to command such power and do as he pleases! Even the giant man next to him seemed like a small fry in comparison. In truth, she couldn't sense anything from him, or the knights which seemed little more than manservants in comparison.

To fight such a powerful man in the second bout is a true malediction, Psychosoma silently cursed in her mind. At the very least, the battlefield is clear of civilians, with the exception of one woman. Directing her entire concentration her way, Psychosoma just barely managed to push through the overwhelming presence and sensed no hostility from that woman. And she seemed to be confident enough to stick around on a battlefield - she is capable of taking care of herself, surely.

In shock, Psychosoma turned to X-Calibre when she announced her plan. Was she incapable of sensing the Golden King's incredible might?

"But commander! Do you not sense the Golden King's incredible aura?! His very presence is nearly robbing me of my senses, so magnificent and powerful is his aura! Shouldn't we elminate such a powerful enemy first?" Psychosoma cried out, hoping X-Calibre would come to her senses.


quote:

16:19 Yamifenrir Psychosoma (attempts to...) proke X-Calibre
16:19 Yamifenrir !r 2d6-1
16:19 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 7-1 = 6
16:19 Scrree lol
16:19 Yamifenrir Oh, I actually have influence
16:20 Yamifenrir so that's a 7

Psychosoma is attempting to get X-Calibre to focus on the Golden Knight. If she does so, she can add a Team to the pool.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2017 around 02:16

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I step forward, and blur ---------- and appear one step forward from where I was, looking over at Psychosoma with a puzzled expression, my blade an inch out of my sheath. "...Really?" Gigant looks way more threatening... I can feel my blade humming with impatience in my hand, eager to be unleashed and to bite into these villain's. But if she's right... I reach out to Snicker-snack, questioningly. 'Is she right? Whose the bigger threat here?'

[16:34:01] <GodFish> assess the situation
[16:34:04] <GodFish> !r 2d6-1
[16:34:04] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 7-1 = 6
if someone spends a team to make that a 7, I'll ask "what here is the biggest threat?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia


Psychosoma nods with a strange confidence, as if directly answering your thoughts. Well, to be fair - it is quite possible she is. She's demonstrated that fact a few times beforehand. By concentrating, she can read one's surfaces thoughts, after all. Either way, for some reason she seems utterely convinced of her viewpoint being correct.


Spending a team to up X-Calibre's roll.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2017 around 00:48

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Bank of Arcadia

As the Elders continued to argue about the exact importance of the woman in the bank, Sanguine shot a half-distracted thumbs up to X-Cal acknowledging her plan. It was great in his books. Sammi would be safe and X-Cal should be able to contain the mercenary long enough for them to clear out the King and his army. Still, Sammi was looking a little distracted. In fact, it looked like she was looking at him. That look of concern and confusion that he had come to know well. It was all fine and good in day to day living, but on the battlefield? A lapse in concentration could be fatal.

Sanguine blurred into motion, no longer content to sit and consider. Not when Sammi was in trouble. Nothing could stop him from getting to her side. Meeba's help was appreciated, but she was kind of flighty and unpredictable herself. No, it would simply make the most sense to be at her side. And, of course, it would mean following X-Cal's plan. No reason not to and it might help her settle into the role. If she could trust them to work as a team, she wouldn't be as tempted to go overboard.

He cut through the air, launching himself off of a nearby car, and found himself at her side in less time than it took a spark to fly off of a piece of flint. He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder and nodded. In a low voice that only she could hear, he added, "I'm here for you, Sammi. Stick with me, okay? We'll get these villains sorted out together."

Boosting Sammi's roll to a 7.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

Sammi turned her back on the King, and gave Sanguine a earnest smile. He face flushing brightly. "W-W-W-Well... I-I... Okay" she stammers. Took a deep breath, closed her eyes. Then she opened one of them. The bright glowing blue of her essence filled her pupil, she moved her head quickly, a trail of light left like a sparkler in the dark. Locking onto the king with an unblinking intensity that seems wholly unnatural.

- - -

Pierce the mask question

- what do you intend to do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



(GodFish wanted to replace his engage roll with an assess roll, so for now, we're going to retcon out their attack. Hooray for our first retcon!)

Editor's Note: As of today, every issue of All-New Alliance will come packaged with a bonus soundtrack cd. We at Action Hero Comics hope this will help enhance your reading experience!


Issue #1: Arcadia of My Youth

The King and his knights stare at Sammi in disbelief, before they all burst out laughing. "Oh, little one!"says the King, in a boisterous tone, "A king does not steal, a king merely takes what is owed to him! Is it not important that I, as a king, make sure that my treasury is full? It is my responsibliity- nay, my royal duty to take what rightfully belongs to me, and my knights! Now," he shoos you off, "Run along now, little girl. The Golden King needs to return back to his ta-AHHHHHH!!!"

The Golden King jumps up, startled by Meeba's sudden appearance. He almost drops his sceptre, but he manages to catch it before it could fall to the ground. He quickly manages to regain back his composure, and says, "The presidents? Pfeh! How can it belong to them when they have all passed on from this world!? I am a king, and not any king, but the Golden King of Legends, and my power is greater than any "president!" If anything, it should be my face, and my face alone that should be printed on those dollar bills! For I, the Magnificent Golden King, am the only one who is aAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

He jumps once again when Sanguine appears next to Sammi. He's look pretty flustered by now, "W-what is with you people!? H-how do you all keep appearing out of nowhere!?"

One of the knights taps the king on the shoulder, and whispers in his ear, "Uh, sir? I think they're supposed to be heroes, sir."

"Oh. Oh! Yes, heroes!" He says, as he just now realizes something that would have been blindingly obvious to just about anybody else, "Of course! Heroes!"

"Sir?" says the knight, "Shouldn't you be making a dramatic speech now or something?"

"I was getting to that. Ahem," he strikes a dramatic pose, holding his golden scepter high in the air, "So, you're heroes, are you!? If you think you can stop me, The Magnificent Golden King, then you are all sorely mistaken! My power is absolute, and there is no doubt that if we were ever to come to blows, that I, ever talented and ever skilled as I am, will be the victor! There is noone in existence who has ever stood a chance against my glorious might! However, you should consider yourselves lucky, for I have more pressing matters to take care of, such as taking my rightfully earned gold to my treasury." He snaps his fingers at Gigant, "Gigant, will you please tend to our guests while I am away?"

BGM: Gigant the Crusher

"Nng," grunts the giant mercenary. He stomps over to Sammi, Meeba, and Sanguine, and overshadows all three of you. He raises up his giant tree-trunk arms, and swings it right at you three. Sammi and Sanguine are able to barely dodge Gigant's attack in time, but Meeba isn't as lucky as she catches the full force of the blow.

Meeba takes a powerful blow!

Psychosoma

You can't help but stare in awe at the Golden King. Is this your first time experiencing an aura this overwhelming before? Truly, he must be an opponent to be feared! But... you have to do something, right? How do you plan to best such a powerful enenemy like him?

What do you do?

Sanguine

quote:

What here is the biggest threat?

The big, hulking giant in front of you. You can tell if you don't take him out fast, things are going to get really bad. You might actually be the best person to take him on, but X-Calibre asked you to take care of The Golden King. Do you follow your leaders orders, or do you take on the deadly crusher?

What do you do?

Sammi

quote:

- what do you intend to do?

You sense that the king has no actual intentions of fighting you, unless he really has to. He wants to escape with the money, and he plans to have Gigant distract you all long enough until he makes it out with all the stolen cash.

Oh no! Meeba got hurt, and all she was trying to do was protect you! You tried to do what you thought was right, but all you got was mocking laughter, and one of your friends getting hurt. Do you blame yourself? How do you plan to make up for your mistake?

What do you do?

Meeba

You try to get a good understanding of the Golden King, but he might just be the most confusing person you've ever met. You are sure of one thing, though; he needs to be stopped! Unfortunetly, there's a giant, hulking wall in front of you now, and you got hit by his attack. OWch. You can tell from that one punch that Gigant's attacks are no joke! Are you sure you still want to take him on after that?

What do you do?

Black Rabbit

quote:

How could I best infuriate or provoke the Golden King? (from Criminal Mind question list)

Mock him. Belittle him every chance you get. Make him feel like a fool in front of his knights. Maybe make him trip over his own cape, or pull his golden pants down. People like him? They're easy to crack. All you have to do is be a constant annoynace to him, and he'll come crumbling down.

quote:

Who here is most vulnerable to me?

The knights, no matter how well-armored they might look, are easy enough for you take out. They're just thugs in fancy gear, and none of them look like they have any actual proper training in a fight.

Now that you know this, what's your plan of action? How do you plan to infuriate the king? Or do you have another plan in mind now?

What do you do?

X-Calibre

quote:

"what here is the biggest threat?"

"The king is weak and foolish. He is filled with nothing but hot air. The monster is the real threat. Once the monster goes down, so to, shall the king and his knights."

Well, there's your answer! What was Psychosoma talking about? How could she ever think the king was a bigger threat? Oh, well, there's no time for that, you have a big threat to deal with! How do you plan to take Gigant down before he can cause anymore damage?

What do you do?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

Sammi blinked away her sight, returning to her 'normal' self. Just in time for the Golden King's reply, she shrank under the onslaught of cruel mocking laughter. Getting a little choked up, obvious tears forming at the edges of her eyes. She knew what the man was saying was wrong. But she didn't know how to tell him. Maybe she could find the words if he wasn't making her feel so small. Sammi thought Kings were supposed to be wise and noble. That's how they usually were in the story books she'd read! Why was this one so... mean? Then Meeba and Sanguine joined her. She felt a lot more confident. Especially with that protective gesture from Meeba, and the hand on her shoulder from Sanguine. Frankly she'd prefer a full cuddle, but maybe that could wait until they finished here.

"H-Hey! B-But it's... Ah!" she starts, but is immediately cowed by the huge intimidating presence of the bruiser that now towered over her. Sammi gaped in open fear, flinching as Gigant raised his fist to attack. She shied away from the blow, and felt the rush of air as it flashes past her and into Meeba! Time seems to stand still as Sammi watches in disbelief, eyes wide, it almost didn't seem real. Watching that massive fist pound into Meeba. Why? Why did they do that?! Meeba was just trying to keep her safe! The Golden King turns to leave. Fury flairs within Sammi. She wasn't an angry person by nature. No. She wasn't a person at all. Sammi shifts to her elemental form. Spirit fire rolls off of her as she moves. More smoke then flesh. Sammi grabbed the giant and...

- - -
4:22 PM Sammi directly engaging Gigant
4:22 PM !r 2d6+1
4:22 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 10+1 = 11
4:22 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Noice
4:22 PM T<Tricky> nice!

- resist or avoid their blows
- impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

- - -

With a roar that was as ferocious as it was cute, Sammi forced the huge man all the way back into the wall! The heavy concrete bowing under the impact. But she wasn't done. Sammi hadn't been dealing with stress very well lately. Normally she'd be able to cry and be cuddled and comforted. But she'd not been able to have that outlet for weeks. So now, the bruser got to enjoy her spiritual and physical fury. Sammi slammed his head into the wall and started to run, dragging him face first through the stonework. She got thirty feet up in the air before leaping off, taking the grapple airborn. Gigant swung a meaty fist her way, but Sammi seized it and spun, hurtling back towards the ground and judo flipping her opponent into the asphalt. As impacts went, the damage was light. No doubt Sanguine could do far more powerful attacks. But for someone so small to ragdoll the monster sized man was frankly terrifying.

"Y-YOU D-D-DON'T HURT M-MY FRIENDS!!!" Sammi screamed at him. Her essence forming into a great hammer almost comically larger then herself. Readying to work off a little more of her anger. Knowing, without a doubt... she was going to cry like a baby once all of this was over.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2017 around 16:48

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Sanguine slid just out of range of the giant's arm, the air from its passage ruffling his hair slightly. Hm. The man's strength was worrisome. Not insurmountable, but clearly too much for some of the others. Perhaps leaving this to the others would be a poor choice. Sammi was here, after all, and surely it would be safer for the others to wear down the King and his men. Then Sammi roared and charged the giant. The choice was made. He would not leave her. Not like this. Kermes whispered in his mind, Show them all the might of the Red Leaves Sect. The woman, your comrades... Leave them no doubt as to your power. Strike the giant down. Sanguine nodded. It was only proper.

As Sammi exploded with power, Sanguine took a deep breath and concentrated. The world seemed to still. Sammi's ascent up the side of the bank, giant in hand, continued in slow motion. He could make out each chunk of concrete as it flew off. Surely she would bring him back down. He would be ready when she did. He proceeded through a short kata, each movement causing red energy to crackle and flow throughout his body. By the time Sammi flipped the giant — it was nice form, though it wasn't quite how he'd imagined it when he showed her some basic self-defense techniques — and sent him flying towards the ground, he was surrounded by a visible aura of power. The giant slammed into the asphalt and Sanguine leaped into action. It wouldn't do to leave all the work to her. He'd finish this quickly and then work on getting Sammi calmed down.

—First Movement: Changing of the Seasons—

The giant had barely bounced back up off the pavement when Sanguine began his assault. He leaped over the man and began raining down strikes with his fingers. The armor protecting his arms proved little challenge as pits and divots quickly appeared in the material. The strikes continued, even as the giant began to get battered down into the street and a crater began to form around him. The scarlet energy seeped into his body and began to gather into angry red points on his gigantic arms. Gigante roared, swinging wildly, only to be greeted with a palm strike that sent him even deeper into the ground. The points on his arms, triggered by the strike, exploded in a burst of red. The giant's arms fell limply to his side and water began to spray up all around them. The impact must have shattered the water main.

Kermes sniffed, Acceptable. Your 52nd, 85th, and penultimate strike were slightly flawed. The combined ignition should have ripped him apart. Sanguine sighed, stretching a bit, as the water rained down around them. Of course, Kermes wanted blood. The Elder never did quite understand that he wasn't going to just up and be an assassin. Well, whatever. Hopefully that was the kind of show that the woman, this so-called Observer, was here for.

Sanguine looked over at Sammi, "Let's finish him together!"

quote:

7:31 AM <Tricky> Sanguine shows Gigant a few moves! (+1 from trying to impress Sammi, +1 from assess)
7:31 AM <Tricky> !r 2d6+4
7:31 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 4+4 =
8

Take his arms (via pressure point strikes), and cause collateral damage to resist his blows.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I glance over at Psychosoma again as Snicker-snack finishes his analysis. Why'd she mess that up? Hmm... she can read emotions, right? So maybe she just picked up on how giant his ego is? You'd have to have a giant ego to walk around in a suit of armor like that... "You're just picking up on his ego I think, we need to focus on Gigant!" I call back to her, turning to look at the fight again. And I let out a sigh. Meeba and Black Rabbit have been listening, but Sammi AND Sanguine are both fighting Gigant instead of The Golden King... At least they're doing a good job.

After this fight we're going to have to talk about what being the leader actually means, but for now... "Oh well, I guess I'll go after him anyway. Psychosoma, provide support for both fights whenever you spot a chance." With that I rattle Snicker-snack in its sheath to loosen its blade, and step forward again, vanishing from my spot to appear in front of The Golden King, sword nearly an invisible blur as it slices his armored breastplate into pieces.

[19:48:42] <GodFish> directly engage GigantThe Golden King
[19:48:51] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[19:48:51] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 5+2 = 7
Going to take away his armor!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving
And something has got to give


Ultra Carp


Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Bank of Arcadia

Yeah, this guy's full of it -- and X-Calibre steps forward to prove it a second before I do. No reason not to tag-team this guy, right? And if he's busy fighting her, that's less chance he has a moment to backhand me. Bonus.

As X-Calibre is taking the Golden King apart, I dash around behind him, then leap forward. "Hey! Golden Yard Sale!" It's just one good jump to grab his helmet and yank it around to face me, until I've got a good view of the back of this guy's head through the eye-slits that sure aren't over his eyes anymore. "Think fast, buddy!" With luck, this'll keep him off-balance long enough for X to finish her work up front. If not... well, I'm in it now. But that's not a problem, right?

Right?

Taking +1 from Assess to use Are You Watching Closely?, with the goal of making a helpless fool of the Golden King:
Are You Watching Closely? (+2 Sup, +1 from Assess): 2d6+3 9
Choosing You expose a weakness or flaw and You confuse him for some time, hopefully by his staggering around blinded and looking stupid. Hopefully.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Psychosoma's eyes go wide as she hears X-Calibre's explanation. It all made sense to her now! That's why he was acting so goofy! He's not as powerful, he just believes himself to be far greater than he is!

... Despite knowing it, it's still awfully overwhelming, she lamented. Still, it couldn't be helped. Orders are orders...

As such, she replied to X-Calibre. "Understood, Commander. I must apologize for my mistake."

And sadly, she was still unable to sense anything BUT the Golden King around her. It certainly made things a lot more difficult. This means she'd have figure problems visually. While obviously, this is still relatively simple, it also is simple to miss things in the heat of battle. It's nothing like the radius around you telling you any changes of emotion that could mean trouble...

Right! Meeba's been hit. While healing wasn't possible, she could still reduce the pain a lot. As such, she twists her hand in a strange way, and in turn, Meeba is surrounded by a subtle, white shimmer, and the pain from the hit all but vanished - for the moment.

"I'll help you! Don't falter!" Psychosoma explains to Meeba mentally in order to prevent confusion about the magic.


quote:

23:54 Yamifenrir Psychosoma supports Meeba!
23:54 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+2
23:54 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 5+2 = 7

Meeba can mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if she opens to Psychosoma. Also using this TOTALLY NOT BUFF SPELL as an excuse to Team Meeba's next post.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2017 around 00:10

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger -1 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bank of Arcadia


Meeba almost seems to explode for a split-second as she's hit, but then just curls around Gigant's fist, shifting into a misty form just in time for his blow to just slip right through her. Swaying off as if in a breeze, she takes a moment to gather herself, literally speaking. Bolstered by Psychosoma, she focuses, and says, "Sammi! I am okey-doke!"

Take a Powerful Blow is a 6 which will let Meeba stand strong, and she'll mark potential for it. She'll mark potential again thanks to Psychosoma's move!

With that, she coils like a spring, launching forward as her arm forms like a pillar, a hinge unfolding as she pulls it her limb back like a jackhammer. A burst of water catches her mid-leap, though, and she flies off course, flowing though the air past Gigant through the wall, reforming on the opposite side as she slides to a halt. "That is no way to treat guests! You are supposed to offer us comfort!", she adds angrily. "Even I know that much! You should go back to school!"

Directly Engage is another 6. A lot of potential to mark, at least?

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2017 around 16:11

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger -1 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bank of Arcadia


Before the giant can react - and to be fair, he's got two teen heroes in front, Meeba reforms her - hydraulic? - hammer-arm, slamming into this back. Well, it looks like she's yet to learn about fighting fair.

The Directly Engage will go from from 6 to 7 thanks to Psychosoma to trade blows, and we'll have Meeba resist or avoid their blows given the fiction so far.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2017 around 16:11

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Issue #1: Arcadia of My Youth

A few people start to peek out from the hole in the bank. It looks like there were still people inside after all, and you can hear them cheering for you now, too! "Go get them!" "You can do it!" "Kick their smug rear end!" It's gotta feel pretty good, huh?

The knights watch the giant's beatdown in stunned silence. They all exchange nervous glances with each other, and then they turn to their king. "Uh, sir?" Says one of the knights, "Should we-"

"Yes!" The king blurts out, "We should leave! Post-hate! Right now! Quickly, to the goldenmobi-AHHHHHHHH!!!" The king jumps, once again, startled from X-Calibre's sudden appearance. "Will you people PLEASE stop doing that!? I swear, you're all going to give me a-" He is interrupted by X-Calibre's quick blade strikes. The king stands there, in shock over the suddeness of her attack, and soon, his precious golden armor falls into golden chunks onto the ground.

"You!" He spits out, "How dare you! How DARE you cut down my royal armor, you... you... you... YOU MOTHER [censored] PIECE OF [censored]! I'M GOING TO [censored] AND THEN I'LL [censored] YOUR [censored] UNTIL I- WAH!"

His vision goes dark as his helmet is yanked around. He stumbles around, blindly, and yells, in furious anger, "YOU ALL DARE MOCK ME!? DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM!? I AM THE GOLDEN KING! I WILL NOT BE MADE A FOOL BY A BUNCH OF BRATTY CHILDREN! I AM GOING TO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" He trips over his own feet, and lands, helmet first onto the gravel. Owch.

The Golden King marks Insecure

"Uh, should we help him?" asks one of the knights. The knight next to him answers with a noncommital shrug.

Meanwhile, Gigant, despite the heavy beating you gave him, manages to stand up again, his big, meaty arms now hanging limply by his sides. How the heck can anyone stand after all that!? "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" He roars. The very force of the roar pushes you all away from him. You get the feeling he might be a bit angry right now.

Gigant marks Angry

Sanguine

You prepare yourself for round 2 with Gigant, until you hear The Elders screaming for you to turn around! When you do, you see the same woman who was near the bank leaping straight at you!

BGM: The Beast's Fangs

You jump out of the way of her attack, but before you have a chance to recover, she continues her unrelenting assault on you! It's almost like being attacked by a wild beast, and you can quickly tell that getting hit by any of her wild punches is going to hurt.

You manage to get a good distance away from her, enough for you to catch your breath. "Come on, Red Leaf!" She yells out, "You can do more than just dodge, can't you!? I want you to show me! Show me why they chose you!"

What do you do?

Psychosoma

Now that the Golden King's ego has been thoroughly shattered, you can finally sense everything around you again! In fact, you can sense something almost... familiar inside the bank. Could it be the Phantom? No, it can't be. Why would she involve herself in a bank robbery of all things? And anyways, do you even have time to worry about that, with the battle still raging on?

What do you do?

Sammi & Meeba

Oh boy. Gigant just doesn't know how to stay down, does he? And what's worse is that Sanguine is now preoccupied with his new "friend," leaving you two to deal with the hulking giant, and he looks pissed. He looks like he's about to go on a full-on rampage mode.

What do you do?

Black Rabbit & X-Calibre

Well, you've managed to humiliate the king, and his knights look like they're about to straight up give up on him, so that's good, at least. Unfortunately, you have a new problem; a new bad guy has entered the scene, and she's really going at it with Sanguine. And are those... sirens? You can hear the police arriving soon, which might not be a good thing, considering how things are about to get more chaotic.

What do you do?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2017 around 22:10

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Kung-Fu Fighting

Sanguine exhaled slowly as he considered the woman. Her fighting style was definitely focused on sheer power. No reason to give her an opportunity to land a solid hit. The excessive movement in her swings, though... Something seemed a little off. Was she just testing him? This couldn't be the extent of her skill. Not if the Elders were so worked up. Still, as much as he was worried about Sammi and Meeba's conflict with the enraged giant, he couldn't deny that this was getting his blood flowing. Someone who he didn't need to worry about breaking. Someone that could appreciate the artistry of his style. He grinned. She wanted him to attack? To show her his moves? He was happy to oblige.

Sanguine saluted her with a clasped fist, "As you wish. I am the final successor of the Red Leaves Sect, Sanguine. Prepare yourself." As the words left his mouth, he had already blurred into action. An axe-kick from above. Blocked. A wild swing to counter. Easily evaded. They traded blows for several seconds, the pair flickering from sight as they moved back in forth in a deadly martial dance. The world seemed to pause for a moment as Sanguine swept the woman's feet from under her and smashed her into the ground with his heel. The ground cracked and shattered beneath her, then dramatically exploded upward in a blast of crimson energy. The woman was sent skyward, as were numerous chunks of pavement.

Time slowed as Sanguine's grin grew wider. The Elders, the drive to be the best, and the core principles of his style... Everything was aligned. This was what he had been trained for. Made for. There was no time to consider what he had lost. What his life would have been if things had been different. There was no hesitation as he leaped up after the woman. She wished to know why they chose him...? Perhaps she would understand after a taste of one of his own original techniques. He danced between the chunks of floating pavement, launching strike after strike into the helpless woman as she rose into the air. The tempo rose with each blow until he seemed little more than a red blur knocking the woman back and forth. As she reached the apex of her flight, he flickered into position above her and struck down with a mighty kick. She flew back down into the crater below, the pavement still glowing an angry red, and an immense plume of dust and rubble shot upwards.

Sanguine landed lightly a short distance away, his grin still firmly in place, "That was a nice warm-up. Now, if you'd care to get serious...?"

quote:

1:13 PM <Tricky> Sanguine shows Dragon Jacket his moves!
1:13 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
1:13 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7+2 =
9

Resisting her blows and then blowing another hole in the parking lot to Impress/Frighten/Surprise her with an AERIAL RAVE.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

"S-Sanguine!" Sammi squeeked in shock as the woman attacked her team mate out of nowhere! She might have tried to go to his aid, but the Golden King just started saying words. Words which Sammi was pretty sure she was not allowed to hear. She covered her ears as the tirade of profanity lit the air. She just hoped that Headmistress Amala wasn't watching all of this. She'd be in so much trouble! Amala always got really angry when people swore around Sammi. She was so shocked, that Sammi forgot that she was angry.

Her attention was drawn back to the hulking brute who even now clambered to his feet. Sammi gaped at him, she could feel the raw beastial nature pouring off of him in waves. She felt the tell tail prickling of sweat breaking out across her back. She felt her legs shake. Gigant gave a furious roar, and Sammi stumbled back, feeling the air shake around her. The spirit world shuddered with his emotions. How were they supposed to bring this guy down? She glanced at Meeba, who thankfully seemed unhurt.

"A-Any ideas?" She asked, a note of pleading in her voice.

- - -

12:19 AM Sammi is going to Assess The Situation
12:19 AM !r 2d6+1
12:19 AM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 6+1 = 7

- what here can I use to Nutarize Giant without harming the team or civilians?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger -1 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bank of Arcadia


Stretching out, Meeba tries to wrap her arms around Gigant... but doesn't really slow him down. "I will hold him back!... or... ah, you should be running, maybe!", she starts, alarmed. "Sanguine?! Should not you be hitting this one? Help Meeba?", she says, getting dragged after the giant. This must be the "mass" she's heard so much about, or... was it something about objects staying in motion? Either way, she's more of an annoyance than a hindrance.

Got a 5 (+1 due to influence, so 6) to try and Defend Sammi. I'll stick with it as it is.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2017 around 16:12

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Psychosoma's head spinned from the sudden change in the situation. Not only was the overwhelming aura gone, but the woman who expressed no aggression at all suddenly spinned into action, assaulting Sanguine like a wild beast. But it was clear that Sanguine could handle a wild beast like her.

And then another aura suddenly flared into existence. It also was unbelievably strong, but she now came to realize the difference. The Golden King's aura was fake. Like the moon, which was unable to shine under its own power (Psychosoma had recently learned this in her studies), the Golden King only appeared powerful on the surface. It popped like a balloon at the first test.

But this one? For a second, she felt like she got swallowed by a predator. So frightening was the sudden burst of power, that it left her shivering for a moment. Unlike the Golden King's aura, this one felt closer to the sun than anything. And instead of entering her radius in which her sixth sense operates, (she had always been praised for it, having one of the most powerful sixth senses in the entire order with a 50 meter radius) its as if it simply poofed into existence close to her.

As such, she stared in the direction in disbelief.

For there was only one person she'd believe capable of such a deed.

Phantom.

Indeed, as her chosen title would suggest, she already suppressed her aura to the point Psychosoma couldn't differenciate her from a normal human. However, that short moment where she traversed from the Spirit World to this one betrayed her.

There was no time. Without knowing her goal, everyone present was at risk. The hostages, naturally. Her teammates, even more so. Phantom's last attempt at Sanguine's life still echoed bitterly in her mind as she broke into a run towards the bank, completely pushing the fight out of her mind. Her teammates were strong. She had no doubt in the matter. They could handle this without her. They had to.

Because Phantom could quite possibly be the bigger threat by far, and it was Psychosoma's duty to stop her. While the Amazing Arcanist never said as much, and claimed to merely wish to take care of her, she was able to easily discern the truth from his feelings.

She didn't have the breath to yell out her intentions, so a mental message to X-Calibre would have to do. Somewhat sloppy of a spell, it was no doubt going to produce a tingly feeling in X-Calibre, but there was simply no time.

"Phantom is here. I'm going after her. Try to get this resolved quickly, I have the terrible suspicion all of this might simply be a distraction." she advised her.

That done, Psychosoma shifted into her spirit form and simply phased through the wall she was running at, and floated upwards to the first floor. Slightly overshooting her goal, she rematerialized midair, and fell to the floor, but rolling forward meant that she list little speed as she continued running towards Phantom.

Psychosoma started breathing heavily, as she was not used to such physical exertion at all. But she didn't dare take a breather. She needed to confront her, here and now. If Phantom decided to go after Sanguine again in earnest, she was still unsure if she could do anything about the matter. After all, last time, Psychosoma had not chased Phantom away. It was little more than courtesy on Phantom's part to leave as she appeared. She was all too aware of this fact.

Finally, she arrived, and had to resort to supporting herself on the door frame as she addressed Phantom.

"You!" Psychosoma yelled, so out of breath she had to resort to focusing on breathing instead of continuing to speak for a couple of seconds. "What is your goal here? Why are you trying to kill Sanguine?! Answer me!"


quote:

15:22 Yamifenrir Speaking of which... Piercing Phantom's non-existent mask
15:22 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+2
15:22 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 5+2 = 7
What does Phantom intend to do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

That first exchange went well enough that I even felt comfortable enough to let out a laugh, that was a great first round! We've really got Golden King riled up, he's going to keep making mistakes, and he probably won't even remember he just wanted to take the money and run. That satisfaction fades fairly quickly though, as cries from my teammates and an alert from Snicker-snack make it clear that the plan is falling to pieces rapidly. Sanguine was under attack by some kind of kung-fu master, Psychosoma was running after the illusive Phantom for some reason -why is she even here?- leaving just Meeba and Sammi to deal with Gigant. Crap crap crap.

I leap upwards, soaring into the air above the fight for a moment and stare down at the scene, trying to figure out what to do. By the time I land, I think I've got a plan. "Black Rabbit, you keep the King busy, okay? You're doing great so far!" I'm sure I can count on him for this, with any luck he won't have to for long. Sheathing my sword as I land, I fall into a low crouch, leaning forward, and push off hard. Blurring forward, I come to a stop at Gigant's side, arcing the blade out in a fast slice towards the meat of his leg. Taking it off would be ideal, but a cut is all I need to get ready to bring him down. As the sword bites in, I bring my empty hand up, holding it palm open towards the cut, and start to pull. Life force, visible as floating lines of transparent wavering, like very small heat hazes, and blood together start coiling out from the wound, pouring through the air in a small spiral like water down a drain, as it gets sucked in towards me, filling me and my blade with energy. No matter how bad the cut is, this leg shouldn't be working too well at all now.

[15:28:01] <godfish> directly engage Gigant (assess bonus)
[15:28:04] <godfish> !r 2d6+3
[15:28:05] <Krysmbot> godfish, 9+3 = 12
Taking mobility, creating an opportunity

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving
And something has got to give


Ultra Carp


Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Bank of Arcadia

Okay, so, on one hand, poo poo is clearly going down and going down fast with whoever it is fighting Sanguine. It looks like Gigant's handled, but... that girl's still a problem. On the other hand, it's the knights and the Golden King who still have the money here, and if everyone else is focused on the fight, I should focus on tidying up. Can't let these guys get away with the money, right?

I put one foot down on the Golden King's back -- just hard enough to press him down into the gravel -- and turn to the knights. "Look, guys. The Golden King's a chump, but it's not too late to turn this around for you. Give back the money and surrender, and I'll tell the cops you were brainwashed, okay? Totally not culpable. You get to walk away, we get to walk away, the King takes the fall. If you don't... well, look at what my friends are doing to Gigant, and think about what they could do to you. Get it?"

Come to think of it, I'm not completely sure if this is how the brainwashing defense works, but are these guys gonna know that? Probably not. Worth a shot, anyway...

Provoke the knights into surrendering: 2d6+2 7

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Issue #1: Arcadia of My Youth

Psychosoma

There they are, standing right in front of you. The one who has caused so much trouble for New Arcadea. The one who burned down the Amazing Arcanist's- James' house. The one who almost killed Sanguine. Your future self, and a look at what you might become:

Phantom.

Phantom is standing next to a window, watching the ongoing battle unfold, with her back turned to you. "Sanguine...?" They say, as if it was a name they've already forgotten, "Ah. Him," they press a hand on the window, "My business is not with The Elders today. Your... "friend," Sanguine, was it? He is safe- for now," they say, with a coldness to their voice. When they speak, there is no emotion. No joy, no anger, no sadness. Nothing. Almost as if they have chosen to abandon all human emotions. What could have made them like this?

A moment of silence passes between you two, and soon, Phantom speaks again, this time, with a question.

"...Do you think this is all worth it?"

quote:

What does Phantom intend to do?

You do not sense any malicious intent from Phantom, but it's always hard to tell with them. It's almost as if they made their presense known to you, so they could... speak with you? Why now, of all times?

What do you do?

Sanguine

Despite the beating you gave her, the woman walks out of rubble with barely a scratch on her, and the only thing that looks damaged is her clothing. She looks a lot more annoyed than angry. "...This was my favorite jacket."

She cracks her knuckles, and says, "Yea, I think it's time to stop holding back. I hope you're ready, Red Leaf," she hunches over, lowers her arms to her side, and opens her fist like a tiger brandishing it's claws, "Because I'm going to come at you with everything I've got!"

She charges at you, ready to go all out, but halfway through her charge, she suddenly... stops? "What? What do you mean "that's enough?"" She says to... herself? "He's right there! I can finish him off right now! "This isn't the right time?" When the hell is the right time then!? You can't be serious! But...! You can't just...! AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" The woman, clearly frustrated over something, starts taking out her anger on the poor car next to her. After she's done pounding on the car until there's nothing left of it, she turns to you, and says, "...You got lucky. They don't want me to fight you anymore."

She turns her back to you, and says, "...My name is Ryoko Kurosaki. Final successor to the Dragon Fang sect, and I will be the one who kills you," before leaping away from the battlefield.

Wait, Dragon Fang sect? Is this your first time hearing about other sects? What are The Elders saying about this? Do you chase after Ryoko, or do you go back to help your team?

What do you do?

Sammi

quote:

- what here can I use to Nutarize Giant without harming the team or civilians?

You're going to need to hit him with something big, and heavy, like... a van, maybe? Maybe... a golden van? You see the Golden King's golden armored van in front of you, and you get the idea that if you can find a way to drop it on Gigant, it'd be enough to knock him. Hopefully.

What do you do?

Meeba

You try to hold Gigant back, but his strength is too much for you. You start to wonder if it's even possible for any of you to take him down! He's taken a heavy beating, and yet he keeps getting back up! Is this guy even human? Maybe he's too much for you all to handle?

Mark Afraid

What do you do?

Black Rabbit

One of the knights drops the bag of loot they were carrying, and says, "Whoa! I can't believe I've actually been brainwashed!"

"Me, too!" says another knight, "I would never do anything as illegal as robbing a bank! No siree-bob!"

"Wow!" says a third knight, "You guys were brainwashed into doing this too!? What a coincidence! I guess that makes us all innocent!"

"TRAITORS!" Yells the king, who's gotten up back on his feet, and managed to turn his helmet around so he can see again, "ALL OF YOU! AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE DONE FOR ALL OF YOU!!!" The Golden King turns to you, and points his scepter angrily at you, "You! This is all your fault! Everything was going fine until you and your band of wannabe-heroes interfered! Well, I am DONE playing the fool! HAVE AT YOU!"

The Golden King marks Angry.

The king starts swinging his scepter wildly at you. He might be a little mad right now.

What do you do?

X-Calibre

Gigant, unable to stand after your attack, falls down to one knee. He's still flailing around like a wild beast, but at least you've managed to put him in a vulnerable position now.

You hear Snicker-snack's voice. He's calling for you to finish off the giant, once and for all. A monstrosity like him doesn't deserve to live! He wants you to end this, and purge Gigant's evil soul from this world!

But... is that what you want? Gigant might be a dangerous and violent criminal, but can you actually bring yourself to end his life?

What do you do?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2017 around 18:41

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

Sammi watched, terrified, as Meeba was dragged along by Gigant! Oh no! He had her in his clutches! He must have! She was trying to fight him off, but he was just going full steam ahead. Sammi looked around hurriedly, anxious eyes darting this way and that. He was marching on X-Caliber! Kneeling down to crush her in his massive fists! And where was Psychosoma? Had the Golden King got her?! She looked to Sanguine, only to see him still engaged in deadly battle! She felt her chest tighten, she couldn't breath, her hands were shaking. The last things she sees is The Golden King swinging at Black Rabbit while he was surrounded by the Knights!

NO! NO!! Her team was in danger and she was just standing here! Panicking! What should she do? What should she do?! Sammi shut her eyes tight, on the verge of screaming in panic. Her aura flickered around her, familiar shapes rising and falling. Rabbits frozen in terror, flames flickering uncertainly, butterflies fluttering in fear. But there was something else. Something unfamiliar in the forms her essence took. A couple of shapes, that looked like gears. They ground together, struggling, sparks flying from them. Then as Sammi's eyes snapped open, they came to life, slowly starting to turn correctly, as though suddenly freed from whatever was sticking them.

Sammi looked at the escape van. It was golden. Heavy.

She looked at Gigant.

She looked back at the van. The gears turned.

Though she was hyperventilating. Sammi clenched her fists and charged at the van. Her essence exploding around her in a flurry of activity! Her hammer became a pair of large hands, which seized the van and swung it!

"MEEBA! CALIBER! I'M REALLY SORRY!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!!" Sammi screamed as she began her attack!

- - -

6:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Sammi is going to act to try and protect Meeba and the team from Gigant, embodying her lession, shifting Freak down 1, and danger up 1.
6:42 PM Sammi directly engaging Gigant with a massive golden van
6:42 PM R<RWT_m> :'D
New messages
6:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 !r 2d6+2
6:42 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 8+2 = 10
6:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Yesssss

6:42 PM H<Hugzilla> hahaha oh my god
6:43 PM i'm giving you permission to finish him off with that roll :v

6:44 PM Should I say this is going to cause collateral damage?
6:44 PM Because I'm wailing on a guy with a van?
6:44 PM H<Hugzilla> Probably :v
6:44 PM ⇐ Yawniphonerir quit (~Yamiphone@synIRC-6DFC5332.dyn.telefonica.de) Ping timeout: 186 seconds
6:44 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Ohh, then I get some potential too. Go Sammi!

- Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition
- Resist or avoid their blows
- +1 Potential from A New Life

- - -

The van hit Gigant like a thunderbolt. Bits of the bodywork flew out in all directions as it smashed into his face. Sammi swung again, clipping him on the shoulder, spinning him around to face her showering the both of them with glass from the shattered windshield. She slammed it down again and again, screaming with effort and terror. With a twist she swung it up and around. Blitzing a uppercut into his solar plexus. The engine block crumpled in Sammi's hands as she hit him hard enough to shred the back cabin completely. Gigant was lifted into the air, surrounded in glittering gold as Sammi leapt up after him, tears streaming down her face, hands forming back into that heavy hammer. She slammed into him, the pair of them hurtling through the air and into a nearby office building's windows.

A few moments of crashing, and tables and computers flying out of the windows, the pair soon reemerge falling quickly to the ground. Everything was still for a few moments. Then Sammi crawled onto the bruser's chest, and weakly started punching with shaking arms. It was needless, Gigant was already out for the count. But Sammi couldn't see anything through the vail of tears running down her face. Her ineffectual punches having about as much impact as a toddler slapping a brick wall.

"D-D-D-Don't y-y-you hurt m-my f-f-f-friends!" She sobbed. "Y-You b-b-b-big m-mea-meany!!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Kung-Fu Fighting

Sanguine grinned, his blood pumping, as the woman charged at him. He was ready for anything. He'd show her just how strong his martial arts were. Well, he thought he was ready for anything. When she stopped mid-charge and started talking to herself...? Well, he didn't have to think too hard about what she was going on about, even though the very thought shook his world. She must have been like him. A vessel. Probably talking to her boat-load of passengers. Yet, even as she had been destroying the car, he was preparing to strike. Their fight wasn't over. The victor hadn't been decided.

As the scarlet energy flooded his body, the elders began to clamor. Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! A voice rose above the rest. Carmine again. She said, It is forbidden for the sects to battle before the appointed time, Successor. The time is nigh. The tournament, the eclipse...! It seemed as though she had more to say, but it trailed off.

His fingers squeezed tightly together, then relaxed. The woman leaped away, quickly fading from sight. Whatever their reason, whatever this grand conspiracy was, they were right. Ryoko, the Dragon Fang Successor, would find him again. For now? For now he needed to make sure that everyone was alright. His gaze swept the battlefield. All looked as well as could be expected, but his eyes stopped and softened when they fell upon Sammi. She was crying on top of the giant? It didn't seem like he had any fight left in him, but he must have really given her a scare. The others could handle clean-up. He needed to be there for her. Now.

All of the energy flooding his body shunted down to his legs. He cut across the parking lot with all the speed he could muster. He was pretty sure he was leaving footprints in the pavement as he ran, but there was no time to think about that. No time to think about anything. In an instant, he was by the crying girl. His Sammi. He swooped Sammi up, spinning her around as he launched off of the chest of Gigante, and landed softly with her carried in his arms. He held her close for a moment, rubbing her back as her tears soaked into the shoulder of his gi, then looked her in the eyes, "Shh, shh, Sammi. It's okay. You're fine. We're all fine."

quote:

2:08 PM <Tricky> Sanguine Comforts Sammi
2:08 PM <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
2:08 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 9+2 =
11

Since I'm comforting my love and hit, I mark potential. Also adding a team for the 10+! Sammi gets the usual options if she opens up.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

Sammi didn't understand what was going on for a moment. Something grabbed her and she went spinning through the air. Then she felt something warm, something hard, yet soft. She looked up into the bright eyes of Sanguine. She was so happy to see him unhurt that she burst into tears even harder. Throwing her arms around him and wailing into his shoulder. The emotions had been too much, it had all come flooding back so quickly. She was going to need to work on switching back and forth from her natural form and this human one. Otherwise she was going to end up bawling like a baby after every brawl.

Though if was going to involve more hugs like this, then she didn't really mind at all.


- - -

Going to mark Potential from the Comfort roll.
+1 Potential. Two more and I can get a level up. Yay.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +0 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Psychosoma stares at the person in front of her. Even after meeting her again, it is still a huge shock.

Because it is like looking into a mirror. In front of her stands someone who looks exactly the same as her, down to the individual strands of hair. But it's also shocking...
Because Phantom also looks nothing like her. Simply put, there is no life in Phantoms eyes. It was like looking at a painting. ... No. There are paintings that had more life in them than this.

"... Elders? What are you talking about? ... Is there something I should know about Sanguine? Please, tell me!" Psychosoma pleads.

Just like last time. Despite hearing of all the crimes Phantom has commited, Psychosoma just can't get herself to be angry at Phantom, much less try to fight her. No, in that place, another emotion reigned.

Pity.

Deep down, Psychosoma knew that Phantom is someone that essentially chose to give up on being human to save herself the pain. Her words, her feelings - and perhaps even her actions, as incomprehensible as they are - all scream it at Psychosoma. But she still had trouble accepting the fact. The truth has a tendency to be painful, and because of that humans had a tendency to deny it. Right now, Psychosoma was the same - because otherwise, she'd be filled with fear.

Is this meant to be her fate as well, she wondered silently.

"I... I don't know. You, of all people, should be able to understand the situation I'm in. I'm like a fish out of water. I don't belong in this day and age. It's apparent every day. I know far too little to really know if anything is worth it. But... I believe that you are the solution to my problems. I understand you, and yet... I don't." Psychosoma replies. "Once I understand what caused you to be the way you are today, once I understand YOU, then I believe I am ready to make such a judgement. Until then, I must ask-- no, I beg of you. Leave my friends alone. They... they are the pillar I stand on. I feel like I would be lost without them."

Slowly, Psychosoma walks forwards towards Phantom, and embraces her in a hug, tearing up as she does so. "You must have been incredibly hurt to turn out this way... Please help me prevent that pain from happening again. I... I'm scared..." Psychosoma admits.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!



Freak +2 | Danger -1 | Savior 0 | Superior +2 | Mundane 0
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Bank of Arcadia


Meeba's eyes widen and she lets go of Gigant, backpedaling a bit as her arms snap back like rubber band. As Gigant flies into the air, she ducks under the tumbling villain and van as they move in slow motion, a moment appropriate for any 3D film. She looks over as he goes crashing down, and rises up, eyes wide. "Sammi, I-" Couldn't really protect her, and she falls quiet before looking to Sanguine, saying with surprise. "Sanguine? Were were you? We needed your punches.", she adds softly.

But she doesn't have time for Sanguine's answer as a moment of realization and concern tear her away. Splitting into three, they charge off, running around to search for Psychosoma. "Soma!" "Soooma!", they call out, rushing in different directions near where she was last spotted. "Sooooma!" As Psychosoma hugs her future self, there's an audible *thump* as a chibi-Meeba stares through a window at the pair, pressing up against the window with wide, shocked eyes. Just pure shock, no judgement, just her teal eyes trying to process what she's seeing. And, seemingly, failing.

Roll over for an advance, but I'll work it out in just a bit, just thought it would be best to post first.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2017 around 16:12

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: +1 | Dan: +2 | Sav: +1 | Sup: -1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Doom: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Ahh... I can feel Gigant's life force running through me like an energy drink, refueling my tired body. The drain of Snicker-snack's constant feeding on me doesn't wear me out, or weaken me exactly, but whenever I'm full of someone else's energy, I can feel the difference, like waking up after a very restful night's sleep. It's a good feeling. What's less good is the humming, deadly blade in my hand, calling out for Gigant's blood. I squeeze the hilt hard, my hand getting sweaty now. 'We can just lock him up, right? He won't be able to...' The moral debate gets cut short early, as Sammi darts forward with a golden van and starts wailing on him. I leap backwards, blurring to land in a crouch on the hood of a car to watch the show.

That was... surprising. If she could do that normally... why did she act so scared and mousy all the time? As if to demonstrate that point, Sammi is back to sobbing again, until Sanguine -finished with his fight I guess?- carries her away. As the scene plays out, Snicker-snack speaks up again, the slick quality of his mental contact slicing its way into my mind. Kill him. Is this right though? He's a criminal. But human. Who knows how many people he's hurt, how many he's killed. Is that justification? I can't quite tell how much of this is my thoughts and how much is Snicker-snacks right now. All the arguments sound both right and wrong. I blur again, standing next to his fallen body, my hand steady on my blade, having drawn it half out of my sheath. No. DO IT. He's a -murderer-. I can feel it thrumming in my hand, practically dancing, pulling itself towards him, eager to taste his blood, and rid the world of one more evil soul. I've never had to do this before. It's always been... hypothetical, a discussion of ethics, never a practical choice. Kill him. But I'm looking at him, unconscious, if he was awake... fighting back... A threat. Isn't this just as bad? Well no, even I know that's a false equivalence. Even so, I can't do it. I slam the blade back up to it's hilt in the sheath and turn away. Snicker-snacks voice cries out in rage in my mind, but I try not to listen. I'm not killing him like this.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

Sammi managed to slow her weeping down to just sniffling and hiccups. She looked back over to the unconscious form of Gigant. A worried expression on her face. "D-Do you think h-he's going t-t-to be okay? I h-hope I didn't hurt h-him too bad." She turned back to Sanguine, nuzzling into his chest, hiccuping softly. "Do... d-do you think i-if I l-left him a n-n-note apologising... t-t-that he would f-forgive me? F-For hurting h-him, I-I mean..."

She felt conflicted about this, Sammi knew he was a bad guy. But she still felt guilty for hurting him. Headmistress Amala always said that Sammi should try to make others happy. She didn't think that Gigant would be very happy after this. Maybe the note would help. She was sure he wasn't a bad person, right?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Kung-Fu Comforting

Sanguine patted Sammi's back, "I'm sure that he'll be fine if you leave him a note." The giant had survived a round with him, so he wasn't too worried about him. Though it did seem like he'd been smashed up pretty good by that van. He was probably fine. Sammi was a real softie, though, so he knew she was legitimately concerned. He reached into his gi and retrieved a small box of crayons and a folded piece of blank paper. "What are you going to write?"

Now that Sammi was starting to calm back down, he had a chance to observe the rest of the scene. Meeba asking where he had been and running off before he could answer. X-Calibre sheathing her blade. The others... He couldn't see the others. He was a little worried about Black Rabbit. It didn't seem like the King was a huge threat, but even so.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

"U-Ummm..." Sammi considered the wording seriously.

quote:

"Dear Mr Gigant. I am really really sorry that I hit you with a van. You were really frightening! I hope that you are okay.

X X

Sammi

"How d-does that sound?" She glanced up, noticing that Sanguine's attention was elsewhere. Sammi realised that the situation was still going on. She jumped up, counting the team members around. One, two, three... where was everyone else? OH GOD WHERE WAS EVERYONE ELSE!? She quickly stuffed the note into Gigant's clothing where he'd find it. "S-Sorry, l-lets find the r-r-rest of the team."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving
And something has got to give


Ultra Carp


Freak +1 | Danger +0 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None
Location: Bank of Arcadia

"You're done playing the fool? Buddy, you're just getting started."

I leap back as the King climbs to his feet, and as he starts to wave his scepter, I draw the sword from my costume's belt. It's a wooden practice piece, not a real blade, but it's sturdy enough for me to bring it up and block the King's clumsy blows. I may not have Sanguine's battle instincts, but anyone could see this dude's on the ropes. I press forward, keeping the scepter locked in the clinch before I kick out to sweep at his leg -- and when he focuses on trying to keep his balance, I lunge in to grab the scepter with my free hand.

"Ha!"

Before he can respond, I move in again, aiming to clonk him upside the head with his own weapon. "Give it up, dude! This is over and you know it!"

Directly Engage the Golden King: 2d6 10
Choosing to take his scepter and avoid his blows!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Issue #1: Arcadia of My Youth

Psychosoma

"You should not concern yourself with The Elders," she responds back to you, coldly.

Phantom does not return your embrace, but she does not reject it either. She stands there, as silent as a statue. The silence stretches on for an uncomfortable minute, until she finally says, "You will understand soon enough. You will be asked one day to make a choice. A difficult choice. A choice which you, and you alone, must make. A choice," she moves her hand, which is still pressed on the window, to... X-calibre? "Which require sacrifices to make. Until that day comes, you must learn to harden your resolve. There is no room in this world for the weak-hearted."

Phantom is using her influence on you to shift your Danger up, and your mundane down.

Phantom puts a hand on your shoulder, and looks directly at you this time. You see... your face, except older, and more haggard. Her expression is a little softer this time, and so is her voice, as she says, "Stay strong, Sana."

Phantom slowly starts to drift away from your sight as she returns back to the spirit realm. Soon, she disappears completely, leaving you alone in this empty room.

What do you do?

Meeba

What you see is... actually, you're not sure WHAT you just saw. It was Psychosoma and another person. For some reason, you can't really get a good look at whoever they are, almost like they've been clouded from your mind. Whoever they are must be very important to Psychosoma to get a reaction like that out of her.

You see the person disappear from the room, leaving Psychosoma by herself. Are you curious about who this mysterious person is? Will you ask Psychosoma, or do you think it's better to not pry into her affairs?

What do you do?

Sanguine

You're now aware of another who is just like you. It must come as a shock, or... do you feel yourself getting excited about it? Finally, an opponent you don't have to hold back on! However, when you look around, you notice all the destruction your brief battle had in the area. You're lucky there were no civilians around, but what about next time? This probably won't be the last time you see Ryoko. What will you do if she challenges you again in a crowded area? Or are you more concerned about this supposed tournament that is coming up?

What do you do?

Sammi

Aw, hugs are nice. You've beaten up Gigant pretty badly, but at least he's still breathing. Mostly. Still, where did Psychosoma and Meeba go? Oh Gosh, I hope they're both alright! Oh, and how do you think the headmistress will react when you tell her the results of your mission? You managed to save the day, sure, but uh, you also kinda caused a whole bunch of property damage, too. Oops.

What do you do?

Black Rabbit

"YOU DARE!?" The king screams out when you take his scepter away from him, "THIS IS NOT OVER! I REFUSE TO LET THIS BE OVER! NOT UNTIL I-" CLONK! And with one good swing, you knock the king right off his feet, and back onto the gravel. It looks like he's finally down for the count!

"I never liked him, anyways," mumbles one of the knights.

Another knight speaks up, "So, uh," they nervously rub the back of their necks, "Are we still going to jail? We're really sorry about what we did, right guys?" All the knights nod along in agreement, "We promise we won't do it again, honest! We'll even help you out when you need it! Won't we, guys?" They all nod again.

It looks like the knights have just crowned you their new king! Do you think they're being sincere about what they're saying? What do you intend to do about them?

What do you do?

X-Calibre

Snicker-snack, in it's anger, drains more of your life from you. More than it usually does, leaving you feeling tired and weak. Do you regret your decision to spare Gigant's life, or do you stand by your decision?

Mark one box on your doom track for Showing Mercy.

At least the battle is over now, and you've won! Kinda. You took down the bad guys, but your team did cause a lot of collateral damage. Being a leader is hard, isn't it? Especially when nobody really listens to your orders. Is this still something you're willing to do?

What do you do?

Everyone

You've managed to gather a huge crowd! People are practically pouring out of the bank to see the heroes who have saved the day! And they're not the only ones. A crowd of reporters are heading your way, probably ready to interview you all about what happened. Do you all stick around to engage with the media?

Custom Move: When you make a statement to the cameras, roll + Superior. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two.

- You convince the viewing audience to see your team according to a Label of your choice
- Your statement will bring you an opportunity from a viewer
- Your statement frames you, in particular, as a successful and noteworthy hero of the city; mark potential
- You don’t anger or upset anyone important or powerful with your statement

On a miss, your statement goes awry, and listeners interpret your words in the worst possible way.


What do you do?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2017 around 19:07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Meeting the Press

Sanguine looked at the approaching crowd and held Sammi close by his side, "I suppose we should talk to the reporters? We did manage to save the bank and apprehend several villains, after all."

As he finished speaking, a chunk of building fell down behind him and crashed down to the street below. Perhaps they had caused some degree of collateral damage. What fight wouldn't? His powers, as with Sammi, tended towards the flashy and destructive. The fact that their opponents breathed still was a cause for celebration! That brought Ryoko to mind. How was she still in command of her body? It seemed as though she had gone through a similar ritual as he did, yet it was unlikely that the Justice Alliance had been present to stop her from completing it as well. One thought came to mind. Perhaps the Dragon Fang Sect was less villainous than the Red Leaves Sect? Would they really just let her run around without any control?

It was meaningless to speculate further. Not until he had time to digest the day's revelations. Maybe he could coax some insight out of Kermes or Carmine, but they were rarely so helpful. He'd need to get back and train. One thing was clear. There were powerful foes in his future and, by extension, the team's. It wouldn't do to be restricted by the presence of civilians. Perhaps he could find a method to train his ability to fight around a crowd safely. As for the tournament? Well, one of them was down a jacket. He hadn't been touched. It may not have been her full power, of course, but who was to say he was fighting at his utmost either?

He smiled down at Sammi, squeezing her hand, and then shifted his gaze up to the first reporter to approach. The man said, "You're Sanguine, right? I'm with the Hero News Network. Care to make a statement?"

Sanguine nodded, "Indeed. We've successfully managed to bring today's criminal activities to a close with minimal fuss. I fought with a villain who identified herself as Dragon Fang and, I must say, our battle today truly shook the heavens. If you happen to see a young woman in a torn dragon jacket, I urge you to report the matter to the proper authorities and avoid any contact with her. She is extremely dangerous. As for the rest, I'll defer to the others and our leader, the mighty X-Calibre."

A car exploded behind him as if to punctuate the end of his statement. He laughed nervously and looked down at Sammi, "So, uh, Sammi, anything to add?"

quote:

11:43 AM <Tricky> Sanguine makes a statement!
11:43 AM <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
11:43 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 5+1 =
6

Since Sammi is bumping that to a 7 with a point of team, I'll pick framing myself as a notable hero (+potential) and avoiding complications.

  • Locked thread
«4 »