Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Sammi kicked her legs under her chair, waiting for the teacher to arrive. She wasn't worried. Why should she be? Teacher was an adult, and adults were responsible people who you could rely on. That's what she'd been told anyway. She didn't mind though, because she was sitting next to Sanguine. She glanced his way and gave him a shy little smile, snuggling down into her scarf. He'd been really supportive since the whole mall incident. The whole team had been! It was nice to have some friends. Headmistress Amala had been really happy when she told her about it all! Well... all except the whole destroying the mall.

She'd got in trouble for that.

A lot of trouble.

But that was okay! She'd done a bad. So she'd done an essay on how to handle hostage situations in future. (She really seemed to struggle with hostage situations) She'd not seen Amala since then, there were lots of meetings and important things she had to do! It was totally understandable! Sammi was fine with it! There was noting wrong! She didn't feel lonely or anything! Nor did she worry she'd done something to upset Headmistress Amala and she didn't want anything to do with her! Why would she?

Totally.

The teacher burst into the room and Sammi half jumped out of her skin! She'd been completely elsewhere. She sat up straight and listened carefully, just like she'd been taught. She started to raise her hand at the offer of questions, but Mr The Amazing Arcanist seemed to be distracted by something. She lowered her hand again. Fidgeting with her scarf end instead, feeling all the eyes in the room on her back. At least her scarf hid her embarrassed blush. She didn't get to well on it long. Again she was pulled out of her thoughts. Trouble? They were going on a mission already?

B-But she'd only just got her books out...!

- - -

The bank... it was huge. Intimidating in it's size. Castle like in it's structure. She audibly gulped, sticking a little bit closer to Sanguine. That said, she did keep her eye on their team leader, X-Calibre. She certainly wasn't expecting the bad guys to walk out of a hole in the wall.

"A-Are... A-Are they allowed to d-do that...?" She asked. That wasn't the door! You had to use the door! Headmistress Amala was really clear on that! Wait... was that other peoples money? That was other peoples money! Noooooo! Stealing was bad! Maybe they didn't know? She didn't when she was first created. Maybe if she just told them they'd take the money back! Yeah!

Sammi marched forward determinedly. Standing before the men, both of them towering over her by at least three feet, if not more.

"E-Excuse m-m-m-e?" She started. Feeling extremely flustered as they turned to look at her. "T-That isn't y-your money, is it? I-If it i-isn't yours, t-t-then you s-should t-take it back i-into the b-bank! S-S-Stealing is bad! A-And it makes p-people r-really unhappy! S-So c-could you p-please return t-the money to t-the bank?"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia
Role Model: Black Rabbit

Meeba jumped in front of Sammi, she was a little surprised by it. Was Meeba... protecting her? Did she need to be protected from these men? She looked at them again, sizing them up. This man was a king, they were supposed to be good people, so while was this one taking this money? She looked back to the rest of the team, uncertain of what to do.

- - -

Think I'm going to tag Black Rabbit as Sammi's current Role Model, and then going to PIERCE THE MASK!
1:19 PM !r 2d6+1
1:19 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 5+1 = 6
1:19 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Welp

+1 Potential

- - -

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi turned her back on the King, and gave Sanguine a earnest smile. He face flushing brightly. "W-W-W-Well... I-I... Okay" she stammers. Took a deep breath, closed her eyes. Then she opened one of them. The bright glowing blue of her essence filled her pupil, she moved her head quickly, a trail of light left like a sparkler in the dark. Locking onto the king with an unblinking intensity that seems wholly unnatural.

- - -

Pierce the mask question

- what do you intend to do?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi blinked away her sight, returning to her 'normal' self. Just in time for the Golden King's reply, she shrank under the onslaught of cruel mocking laughter. Getting a little choked up, obvious tears forming at the edges of her eyes. She knew what the man was saying was wrong. But she didn't know how to tell him. Maybe she could find the words if he wasn't making her feel so small. Sammi thought Kings were supposed to be wise and noble. That's how they usually were in the story books she'd read! Why was this one so... mean? Then Meeba and Sanguine joined her. She felt a lot more confident. Especially with that protective gesture from Meeba, and the hand on her shoulder from Sanguine. Frankly she'd prefer a full cuddle, but maybe that could wait until they finished here.

"H-Hey! B-But it's... Ah!" she starts, but is immediately cowed by the huge intimidating presence of the bruiser that now towered over her. Sammi gaped in open fear, flinching as Gigant raised his fist to attack. She shied away from the blow, and felt the rush of air as it flashes past her and into Meeba! Time seems to stand still as Sammi watches in disbelief, eyes wide, it almost didn't seem real. Watching that massive fist pound into Meeba. Why? Why did they do that?! Meeba was just trying to keep her safe! The Golden King turns to leave. Fury flairs within Sammi. She wasn't an angry person by nature. No. She wasn't a person at all. Sammi shifts to her elemental form. Spirit fire rolls off of her as she moves. More smoke then flesh. Sammi grabbed the giant and...

- - -
4:22 PM Sammi directly engaging Gigant
4:22 PM !r 2d6+1
4:22 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 10+1 = 11
4:22 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Noice
4:22 PM T<Tricky> nice!

- resist or avoid their blows
- impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

- - -

With a roar that was as ferocious as it was cute, Sammi forced the huge man all the way back into the wall! The heavy concrete bowing under the impact. But she wasn't done. Sammi hadn't been dealing with stress very well lately. Normally she'd be able to cry and be cuddled and comforted. But she'd not been able to have that outlet for weeks. So now, the bruser got to enjoy her spiritual and physical fury. Sammi slammed his head into the wall and started to run, dragging him face first through the stonework. She got thirty feet up in the air before leaping off, taking the grapple airborn. Gigant swung a meaty fist her way, but Sammi seized it and spun, hurtling back towards the ground and judo flipping her opponent into the asphalt. As impacts went, the damage was light. No doubt Sanguine could do far more powerful attacks. But for someone so small to ragdoll the monster sized man was frankly terrifying.

"Y-YOU D-D-DON'T HURT M-MY FRIENDS!!!" Sammi screamed at him. Her essence forming into a great hammer almost comically larger then herself. Readying to work off a little more of her anger. Knowing, without a doubt... she was going to cry like a baby once all of this was over.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 9, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"S-Sanguine!" Sammi squeeked in shock as the woman attacked her team mate out of nowhere! She might have tried to go to his aid, but the Golden King just started saying words. Words which Sammi was pretty sure she was not allowed to hear. She covered her ears as the tirade of profanity lit the air. She just hoped that Headmistress Amala wasn't watching all of this. She'd be in so much trouble! Amala always got really angry when people swore around Sammi. She was so shocked, that Sammi forgot that she was angry.

Her attention was drawn back to the hulking brute who even now clambered to his feet. Sammi gaped at him, she could feel the raw beastial nature pouring off of him in waves. She felt the tell tail prickling of sweat breaking out across her back. She felt her legs shake. Gigant gave a furious roar, and Sammi stumbled back, feeling the air shake around her. The spirit world shuddered with his emotions. How were they supposed to bring this guy down? She glanced at Meeba, who thankfully seemed unhurt.

"A-Any ideas?" She asked, a note of pleading in her voice.

- - -

12:19 AM Sammi is going to Assess The Situation
12:19 AM !r 2d6+1
12:19 AM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 6+1 = 7

- what here can I use to Nutarize Giant without harming the team or civilians?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Sammi watched, terrified, as Meeba was dragged along by Gigant! Oh no! He had her in his clutches! He must have! She was trying to fight him off, but he was just going full steam ahead. Sammi looked around hurriedly, anxious eyes darting this way and that. He was marching on X-Caliber! Kneeling down to crush her in his massive fists! And where was Psychosoma? Had the Golden King got her?! She looked to Sanguine, only to see him still engaged in deadly battle! She felt her chest tighten, she couldn't breath, her hands were shaking. The last things she sees is The Golden King swinging at Black Rabbit while he was surrounded by the Knights!

NO! NO!! Her team was in danger and she was just standing here! Panicking! What should she do? What should she do?! Sammi shut her eyes tight, on the verge of screaming in panic. Her aura flickered around her, familiar shapes rising and falling. Rabbits frozen in terror, flames flickering uncertainly, butterflies fluttering in fear. But there was something else. Something unfamiliar in the forms her essence took. A couple of shapes, that looked like gears. They ground together, struggling, sparks flying from them. Then as Sammi's eyes snapped open, they came to life, slowly starting to turn correctly, as though suddenly freed from whatever was sticking them.

Sammi looked at the escape van. It was golden. Heavy.

She looked at Gigant.

She looked back at the van. The gears turned.

Though she was hyperventilating. Sammi clenched her fists and charged at the van. Her essence exploding around her in a flurry of activity! Her hammer became a pair of large hands, which seized the van and swung it!

"MEEBA! CALIBER! I'M REALLY SORRY!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!!" Sammi screamed as she began her attack!

- - -

6:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Sammi is going to act to try and protect Meeba and the team from Gigant, embodying her lession, shifting Freak down 1, and danger up 1.
6:42 PM Sammi directly engaging Gigant with a massive golden van
6:42 PM R<RWT_m> :'D
New messages
6:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 !r 2d6+2
6:42 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, 8+2 = 10
6:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Yesssss

6:42 PM H<Hugzilla> hahaha oh my god
6:43 PM i'm giving you permission to finish him off with that roll :v

6:44 PM Should I say this is going to cause collateral damage?
6:44 PM Because I'm wailing on a guy with a van?
6:44 PM H<Hugzilla> Probably :v
6:44 PM ⇐ Yawniphonerir quit (~Yamiphone@synIRC-6DFC5332.dyn.telefonica.de) Ping timeout: 186 seconds
6:44 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Ohh, then I get some potential too. Go Sammi!

- Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition
- Resist or avoid their blows
- +1 Potential from A New Life

- - -

The van hit Gigant like a thunderbolt. Bits of the bodywork flew out in all directions as it smashed into his face. Sammi swung again, clipping him on the shoulder, spinning him around to face her showering the both of them with glass from the shattered windshield. She slammed it down again and again, screaming with effort and terror. With a twist she swung it up and around. Blitzing a uppercut into his solar plexus. The engine block crumpled in Sammi's hands as she hit him hard enough to shred the back cabin completely. Gigant was lifted into the air, surrounded in glittering gold as Sammi leapt up after him, tears streaming down her face, hands forming back into that heavy hammer. She slammed into him, the pair of them hurtling through the air and into a nearby office building's windows.

A few moments of crashing, and tables and computers flying out of the windows, the pair soon reemerge falling quickly to the ground. Everything was still for a few moments. Then Sammi crawled onto the bruser's chest, and weakly started punching with shaking arms. It was needless, Gigant was already out for the count. But Sammi couldn't see anything through the vail of tears running down her face. Her ineffectual punches having about as much impact as a toddler slapping a brick wall.

"D-D-D-Don't y-y-you hurt m-my f-f-f-friends!" She sobbed. "Y-You b-b-b-big m-mea-meany!!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Sammi didn't understand what was going on for a moment. Something grabbed her and she went spinning through the air. Then she felt something warm, something hard, yet soft. She looked up into the bright eyes of Sanguine. She was so happy to see him unhurt that she burst into tears even harder. Throwing her arms around him and wailing into his shoulder. The emotions had been too much, it had all come flooding back so quickly. She was going to need to work on switching back and forth from her natural form and this human one. Otherwise she was going to end up bawling like a baby after every brawl.

Though if was going to involve more hugs like this, then she didn't really mind at all.

- - -

Going to mark Potential from the Comfort roll.
+1 Potential. Two more and I can get a level up. Yay.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi managed to slow her weeping down to just sniffling and hiccups. She looked back over to the unconscious form of Gigant. A worried expression on her face. "D-Do you think h-he's going t-t-to be okay? I h-hope I didn't hurt h-him too bad." She turned back to Sanguine, nuzzling into his chest, hiccuping softly. "Do... d-do you think i-if I l-left him a n-n-note apologising... t-t-that he would f-forgive me? F-For hurting h-him, I-I mean..."

She felt conflicted about this, Sammi knew he was a bad guy. But she still felt guilty for hurting him. Headmistress Amala always said that Sammi should try to make others happy. She didn't think that Gigant would be very happy after this. Maybe the note would help. She was sure he wasn't a bad person, right?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"U-Ummm..." Sammi considered the wording seriously.

quote:

"Dear Mr Gigant. I am really really sorry that I hit you with a van. You were really frightening! I hope that you are okay. :)

X X

Sammi

"How d-does that sound?" She glanced up, noticing that Sanguine's attention was elsewhere. Sammi realised that the situation was still going on. She jumped up, counting the team members around. One, two, three... where was everyone else? OH GOD WHERE WAS EVERYONE ELSE!? She quickly stuffed the note into Gigant's clothing where he'd find it. "S-Sorry, l-lets find the r-r-rest of the team."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi hung onto Sanguine's arm. One hand in his, the other on his tightly toned bicep. Frankly it left her heart quite aflutter. Thank goodness she had the scarf to hide her increasingly red cheeks. Yes, she was worried about all of this. She couldn't help but worry about her missing team members, and she was tempted to go looking for them... But she was honestly a little scared of getting lost. The city was so big, and she'd be in a lot of trouble if she got separated from the rest of the team. Not that she probably wasn't in a lot of trouble already. But maybe stopping the bad guys might be enough to make up for the fact that she'd destroyed an office, the wall of the bank, and left multiple craters in the floor?

Oh who was she kidding? She was going to get told off. She'd been working on being more controlled with her powers. Yet the first fight she got into she'd panicked, twice! She could have seriously hurt Mr Gigant. She was going to need to work really hard at this. She had so much to learn. Sammi was drawn out of her thoughts by Sanguine squeezed her hand and she looked up into his smile. If steam could escape her ears it would have done right at that moment. She hung a little closer to the boy. Burrowing into her scarf. The media started to head over, and she shied away behind Sanguine. Watching them carefully with her big eyes, uncertain. Those big eyes opened a little wider when Sanguine asked if she had anything to add.

"U-Um..."

What could she say? It would have to be serious. She clung a little tighter to Sanguine.

- - -

Spending 1 Team to make Sanguine's roll 7

- - -

Sammi took a deep breath. Trying to gather as much courage as she could. She summoned a few butterflies, more out of habit, she found it comforting. They fluttered around, setting on the press and on Sammi.

"H-Hi, I-I'm Sammi. Um, today the Golden King tried to t-take a lot of money from t-the bank. Money that w-wasn't his. I-I asked if h-he would take it back n-nicely, a-and they were really mean and said no! S-So we um... 'utilised disabling force to bring the matter to a close at minimum risk to the public'" Sammi said, quoting something that Headmistress Amala had said a few times. It had always stuck with her, because of the way that Headmistress Amala had a wry smile. Like there was something more to that phrase that Sammi had never really understood. But she knew it sounded good. Hopefully it'll be enough to impress the press.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi flushed at the attention she received. holding onto Sanguine's arm a little tighter. Like a child holding onto their fathers leg when meeting new people. She couldn't really express how much difference Sanguine's presence was helping. She'd had panic attacks walking down busy corridors before. But here she was, standing in front of, and talking to, the press. They even seemed to like her! A sweet, excited smile dances on her lips. Then the angry lady pushes to the front, swatting some of Sammi's butterflies out of the air. They fell to the floor and she stared at them in horror, and looked back to the lady. Sammi couldn't help but shrink away from her. She radiated meanness, and seemed far too much like Matthew for all the wrong reasons.

Sammi wanted to go to her fallen essence, but that would mean letting go of Sanguine, and getting closer to the lady. She really didn't want to do that. She compromised. Sending down a small number of her creations to pick the wounded ones from the asphalt and bring them to her. She placed them on her shoulder as carefully as she could. Her large eyes looking a little shocked, at the lady. Like someone had kicked a puppy and she was getting over her initial shock and was about to get to crying.

The name rings a bell, Jane Robertson, Headmistress Amala thought she was a mean person. Sammi would definitely agree. She didn't know what to do! She felt like she was being told off! Then Soma stepped in! She was okay! Thank goodness, Sammi had been worried when she disappeared without warning during the fight. She gave a really good speech too! Sammi listened, she didn't really totally understand what was said. But what she took away from it was that Jane Robertson was mean and should stop being mean. She'd got that right, right? Although she was too shy to actually ask if she had.

There was something that she did understand though. The Lady was upset. And the team had upset her. She didn't understand how or why. But Sammi KNEW what she had to do!

- - -

Spending 1 Team to boost Psychosoma's Defend roll to a 10

- - -

Sammi turned to Jane, her face apologetic, she hung her head low. "I-I'm S-S-S-Sorry! I-I'm really s-s-sorry! I d-d-don't know what we d-did to upset y-you! I-I'm really sorry! We just wanted t-to protect e-everyone a-a-and stop the bad g-guys! S-Sanginue is really n-nice and kind! P-Please d-don't be angry..."

It was the kind of apology that was unneeded for the kind of situation. Yet so heartfelt, that it could only make the person receiving it look like a complete arsehole. Like they'd taken candy from a baby, slapped it, and then made the baby say sorry for hurting their hand. There was no way that was going to look good for Jane.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi watched the press leave. She still didn't know if she did a good job. Jane seemed really angry. So she definitely not happy. She couldn't help but feel like it was her fault somehow. Maybe she was just being hard on herself? She just didn't know. If she could talk to Headmistress Amala, Sammi felt sure that she would be able to help! Sammi missed her, she used to sit on her knees before bed, and Headmistress Amala would comb her hair and read her stories. She'd not seen her for weeks. Sammi knew she was busy, and she was trying to not be selfish. But she'd struggled to adjust, especially since they moved her to her new room. Sammi used to sleep across from Amala's room. She'd felt safe there. Now... she felt scared when she went to bed. She'd placed all of her teddies in a defensive ring, around her bed. But she still slept poorly.

Somewhere in that crowd, she could feel Jane scowling back at her. Sammi looked at the ground automatically. Glancing back up briefly before locking her eyes back on the concrete again. She pressed herself into Sanguine, his warmth belaying some of her worry. Though not all of it. She said nothing as Soma asked for Sanguine's attention. She seemed... off? Sammi didn't know how to describe it. She wasn't acting like Soma normally acted. Was that her fault too? Maybe.

She waited until Soma and Sanguine had finished their conversation. Too shy to interrupt. She looked up at Sanguine, her large eyes betraying her inner turmoil.

"Sanguine... d-did-did I do s-something w-wrong? I-I tried to help, b-but then t-that lady w-was really angry. A-And then I apologised a-a-and she was more a-angry...!" she said. "A-And Headmistress Amala has been r-really stressed recently... i-is that my fault? Was that w-why I g-got moved t-to th-that really spooky room? I-I-I'm trying really hard. B-But everyone's just... u-unhappy." Sammi hung her head. "I w-wish I knew what I d-did wrong..."

- - -

Sharing a moment of vulnerability with Sanguine.

- When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, if their response helps you understand human feelings and problems, mark potential. If their response confuses or offends you, shift your Freak up and your Mundane down

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Bank of Arcadia

Sammi gasped as Sangine pulled her close. Listened wide eyed as he praised her. Flushed bright red as he ruffled her hair.

She was feeling weird again. Tingly and giddy and nervious and her heart hammering in her chest, and any number of other things. What was it? Why did it happen? Why did his smile make her feel like that? Sammi knew her emotions got the best of her often. But these ones were always so dizzying.

But at least she understood why Jane had been so angry. She didn't like to think people were out to do bad things. But surely there had to be some, right? Otherwise why would there be heroes?

Sammi didn't say anything for a time, just stairing up at the boy that inspired such overwhelming feelings in her. She felt safe with him. Just like with Headmistress Amala

And so with her ears shining that certain shade of crimson. Sammi said. "U-Um..."

She was going to say more. Like how she wanted to sleep in his room tonight because she was scaired of a spider she saw scuttle under her bed, and now couldn't sleep. Or how she...

Did she just hear Pizza?

Sammi's attention widened from its hug induced tunnel vision. She looked back to the rest of the groop. Her stomach rumbled. Awoken by the siren call of pizza.

"I-I'd like p-pizza." Sammi ventured. Worried that everyone might think less of her for ignoring them. She spread her essence out. Butterflies landing softly on each of her team mates. She hopped they understood the significance. She was trusting them with pieces of herself. (although all of the butterflies stayed the gently caress away from snicker-snack)

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 4, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: School

Sammi was actually shocked that she didn't get in trouble for the fight. She'd been expecting it so much she'd been shaking like a leaf through that whole little speech. Especially when he'd said her name. But there was no yelling. Just... a request not to make so much of a mess. She almost didn't know how to react to that.

But now she had free time.

Free time.

The words are almost chilling. Sammi still wasn't great at entertaining herself. The concept of having time off was not something relevant to spirits. They just did things. They never really need a break. It wasn't that Sammi couldn't have fun. She loved having fun. It was just that other people decided what they were going to do, and Sammi happily followed along. She was a lot less good about deciding what to do herself. She could try to spend more time with Sanguine.... But Soma wanted to talk to him. In his room. Alone. That was fine, right? There was no reason for that not to be fine! So why did it make her feel so, nervous?

Sammi still had a lot to learn about the world. Everyone else had years of learning ahead of her. One of the things she was only just catching everyone up on, was the bird and the bees. She'd been told a little about it, and to be careful about anyone trying to get her to take off her clothes. But it had been judged she was still a little "childish" to be getting the full talk. As such Sammi basked in her innocence on that side of things. But that didn't mean she wasn't aware of relationships. These magical agreements between two people to be extra super special friends. Where they got to live together, and had lots of hugs, and shared cake. There was more to it of course, but she'd really homed in on those specific activities during the talk.

Sammi really wanted a extra super special friend. And though you'd be hard pressed to make her admit it. She really wanted it to be Sanguine. Not that she didn't want to be friends with everyone. But Sanguine had always been so nice to her and made her so happy. He was her second favouritest person in the whole world. #1 was occupied by Headmistress Amala, of course.

There was some part of her that was secretly terrified (well... more terrified then normal) that Soma wanted to be Sanguine's extra super special friend. Sammi liked Soma, but the thought still worried her.

Friendships were hard.

Sammi considered her options. Trying to decide what she really wanted to do. It would be nice to get to know one of the other team members. They all seemed really nice, but she quailed at the thought. Panicking at the thought of doing something wrong... Well, Black Rabbit was trying to teach her how to be more human, wasn't he? Maybe she should talk to him about being better at talking to people. The idea didn't sound entirely terrible. Or maybe she could try talking to Meeba! She'd seen her make some kind of device from her body in class once. There was something about that that just... spoke to her on a deep level. Resonated with her spirit so to say. Maybe Meeba could help her with her homework? Given that her homework was to control her essence in new ways, Sammi really liked the sound of that.

Although the first person Sammi bumped into (litrally) was X-Calibre on her way out of the class. Too wrapped up in her thoughts to pay attention to where she was walking. Sammi jumped and immediately launched into an appology

"A-A-Ah! S-Sorry! I-I w-w-w-wasn't paying a-attention!" She glanced up quickly to X-Calibre's eyes, then down at the sword. She shivered. She could feel it's eyes on her. Sammi's normal behaviour was to talk at people's stomachs, mostly because looking anyone in the eyes for longer then 2 seconds freaked her out. But in this case, that was not an option. She looked up, focusing on X-Calibre's face. Even that was preferable to looking THAT THING in the eye.

"U-Ummm... y-you did r-r-really well... i-in t-t-t-the mission t-t-today." She ventured. Waiting for Sanguine to come out so she could latch onto him like a koala. She really hoped he'd not already left the class room...

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 4, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Unsurprisingly Sammi flushed at the compliment. It wasn't hard to make Sammi blush. But compliments always seemed to do the trick. Compliments from Sanguine doubly so. Ears bright pink, she struggled to keep the smile off of her face. Resorting to turtleing down into her scarf, and letting out a muffled

"T-T-Thank you....!"

There goes those weird feeling again. She didn't realise she'd leaned into him, until her shoulder bumped against his arm. Sammi jumped slightly and fidgeted self consciously. Thoughts bubbled within her, but she couldn't find a way to express them. Maybe in private. But she couldn't help being held back by her shyness. She did however, reach out a hesitating hand, and take hold of his sleeve. It was comforting.

"Y-You did r-r-really we-well too, S-S-Sanguine! I-I-I m-mean-! Um...!" Sammi faltered, trying to work out how to get across all of these feelings. "E-Everyone did r-r-really well! I just w-wish... I-I just wish that w-we didn't have t-to fight t-them." She sighed. "I-I know they were bad g-guys. B-But I was sure that t-they'd take the money back."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

X-Caliber ruffled Sammi's hair. Despite her fear of that sword she couldn't help but enjoy the affection. She was learning a lot from everyone. She had to admit she was surprised the sword hadn't just jumped out of its scabard to try to eat her.

Maybe it wasn't so bad...

She listened to the new orders. Nodding her agreement. She reached out her essence. Trying to locate Black Rabbit. Only to find the masked hero walking towards them! She pointed excitedly at him.

"I f-found him! T-There's Black Rabbit!" Sammi gave a delightful little smile. Who'd've thought that Pizza was such a effective motivation?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi's past experiences with Pizza were not, by connoisseur standards, great. Frozen store bought pizza. She'd loved it. But she'd never had... the real deal. This? This was incredible! She almost didn't know where to start! Thankfully she watched Black Rabbit like a hawk, copying his pizza eating technique. The whole place was stunning. The old machines set up, drew her attention like a moth to a bonfire. She laughed, and listened, and ate so much pizza! She was so happy and elated that she almost wanted to cry! They were all so nice, and kind and made her feel so welcome! She almost felt like she was human.

Family.

It was an odd concept to Sammi. Family wasn't something that existed to a spirit. You just were. There was no thought that went into what you did. You just did what you existed to do. Like happiness spirits flocked to places of happiness and made people more happy. She could feel them swimming about unseen in this place. It was tickley whenever they brushed past her. But up until now, the only thing she had as family was Headmistress Amala. Now? Now she had Psychosmoa, and Sanguine, and X-Calibre, and Black Rabbit, and Meeba! All of them were important to her. She was closest to Sanguine, but she wanted to get to know everyone better. She just didn't know who she should get to know first, or next. Well, Black Rabbit was helping her adjust to being human. Plus, he seemed nice.

Soma seemed just as enchanted as Sammi was by the food. She couldn't help but smile, pleased that Soma was enjoying herself. It must have been so hard for her to adjust to this world. Sammi might have been an outsider, but Soma had already known a world before this one. It was good to see her smile. Sammi bit into another slice of heaven, and looked to Meeba, curious to see how she was finding the pizza.

Soma shouted at someone else. Sammi jumped at the suddenness of it. Well... maybe it hadn't been sudden, but Sammi had been a bit distracted. She turned around and spotted the FLUFFIEST DOGGIE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!

"....puppy.....!" Sammi murmured to herself. She got down from her chair and approached the pooch. Her eyes wide with wonder. She crouched down, hugging her knees to her chest.

"...H-Hi t-there...!" She said softly. She didn't reach out to pet the dog. That would be rude. Instead she watched the FLUFFY DOGGIE, an excited sparkle in her eyes.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi spread her essence out behind her. Like a divers line. Flowing back towards the team. One setting on Sanguine's shoulders, like Sammi was hugging him softly. She knew his connection to that game. His history with it. Sammi didn't know if it would help. But she hopped that it would at least be comforting. Partly for him, but mostly for her. It helped knowing he was nearby.

The other flowed over to Black Rabbit, standing next to the machine. She'd not had too much experience with video games. Only ever watched other people play them. The ghostly shell observed the character select silently. Bunched it's little fists up with determination, and nodded in agreement. She'd probably bring her body over once she was done with THE FLUFFY PUPPY!!!. But for now, her spiritual form should be more then sufficient to play.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi listened to Pyroclasm's proclamation about Tiberius. Yes, he was a good dog. She reached out a hand hesitantly, letting the dog smell her hand first before she touched him. Her fingers finding Tiberius's fuzzy head and starting to give long slow strokes. "I-I'm Sammi." She said, her other hand going under his chin and scratching softly. It is worth pointing out that Sammi had never petted a dog before. But that didn't seem to matter. Not really. Despite Sammi's ignorance in a LOT of areas, animals seemed to come naturally to her. Perhaps that was why she kept making them from her essence. She giggled in glee as she moved her hands behind Tiberius's ears, fingers scritching in just the right spot. Pressing her nose lightly against the dog's, whispering praise about how he was SUCH a good boy! A handsome boy!

"O-Ohh look at you! A-Aren't you just the fluffiest, goodest boy!" She nuzzled against him, her arms wrapping around the doggie in a petting cuddle. Her hands still working their magic of stroking, rubbing, and scritching. She pulled back to stroke Tiberius's cheeks. "S-Such a good boy! Good boys g-get belly rubs!". Sammi made little excited noises as she gave the puppy a double handed belly rub.

Sammi caught movement in the corner of her eye, looking up just in time to get barged by Shrike! She fell back hard, her shaky balance thrown off by the suddenness of the hit. Sammi immediately shrank down, adrenaline flooding her. Trying to make herself look small, submissive. Still trying to work out what had happened. "I-I'm s-s-sorry!". She said automatically. It took a couple seconds for her to twig that nothing else was going to happen. Sammi looked up and around, spotting Shrike still totally absorbed in her phone. At least until she started getting angry at Black Rabbit. Sammi sat where she'd been pushed over. Open mouthed, wide eyed. Threats were made, and Sammi just watched. She flinched as Shrike stormed past her again. Relaxing slightly only as she stomped out of the door.

Why? Why would anyone be angry at Black Rabbit? He was really nice! Sammi climbed to her feet slowly. Her smile replaced with a tense worry. She glanced at Black Rabbit, then back at the door. Trying to work out why she'd been pushed. Had Shrike not seen her? Had it been deliberate? Did she not like that Sammi had wanted to pet Tiberius? Was she just in the way between Shrike and Black Rabbit? What should she do? She didn't know what to do. The spirit in her knew what to do. Crush her. She was danger. She was threat. Eliminate threat. But the person knew that was wrong. Sammi didn't want to hurt anyone.

But that didn't stop her hands shaking. Or her essence flaring up. Sharp and jagged, like a fire with knives. She took a few slow breaths, just as Sanguine had taught her. Her lips moving as she silently counted to ten between each breath. Okay, that felt a little better. Her essence calming back down. Sammi moved to Black Rabbit's side uncertainly.

"U-Umm... a-a-are you o-o-okay?" she asked quietly. Forcing the words past the frog in her throat.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: School

Sammi looked up at Sanguine as he put his hand on her shoulder, wincing slightly. She could already feel a bruise forming there, where Shrike had barged her. But she put her hand on Sangiunes, so he knew that wasn't his fault. She tried to find the best way to discribe what just happened. Although, if she was honest, she didn't really know. All she knew was that she was having fun petting the dog, and then she was on her back watching Shrike strut past her.

"I-I-I don't k-know... i-it happened so f-f-fast..." He voice got horse as she spoke. Between that and the increased stammering, it was obvious she was upset. Also the way her essence was flickering back and forth. Agitated. "....S-She w-was so a-a-angry. I-I-I don't know w-w-what I did... D-D-Did I d-d-do something w-wrong?" Sammi moved in a little closer to Sanguine. "I-I-I know you w-want t-t-to fight t-them... B-But I d-don't want T-Tiberius to b-be hurt... c-can we s-steal him f-f-for our team? H-He's s-s-so lovely...! H-He deserves n-n-nice people!" She glances over at Bunny Bate "M-Maybe h-her too, s-s-she d-d-doesn't seem l-like a bad p-person?" There was a little tone of anger in her voice. It was probably the closest anyone had ever heard Sammi to being angry.

Jesus, she must be livid!

- - -

Spending my 1 hold for Role model, to use Black Rabbits move Troublemaker. Spending 1 Team to give Sanguine's Comfort roll +2. Final result 7.

I'm taking potential

5/5. LEVEL UP!

Taking other playbook move: Alien Tech!

- - -

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"S-Sorry 'Calibre. I-I didn't mean t-to cause t-t-trouble." Sammi says. Keeping her eyes on the floor. She listens to Soma's translation meekly, and glances at Bunny Bain. "...I-I..." But she can't find the words. So she looks ashamed instead. It had been a selfish thing to say, asking both Bunny and Tiberius to leave their team. The fact that Soma had confirmed the dog's desire to stay somehow made it worse. Something felt different though. Maybe it was just in her head. But she... understood the situation better. No, not just the situation, more like existing. She didn't know how to describe it.

She stood up a little taller. Wait, did she get taller? Burshing her hair out of her eyes. Was her hair always that long? "Hey, u-um, Bunny Bane, Tiberius? I-I'm sorry. I-I was just scared. I-I didn't mean to u-upset you, they're your team mate. It was wrong of me to want you to leave them. I h-hope you can forgive me?"

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 16, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi blushed, and nodded to Bunny Bane "O-Okay, t-thanks Miss L-Lucy. Er, I mean Luzy- I MEAN LUCY!" She hid into Sanguine's shoulder. Cheeks steaming.

She might be a little more grown up, but some things weren't quite so quick to change.

It was hard for her not to be aware of the changes. She felt older. Not much older. But her body felt more... developed. Her coat was not this tight when she put it on this morning. Her fringe was now in her eyes too. At least she could use Shanguine's shoulder to brush it out of her face while she's hiding her embarrassment. Although that might have been a mistake. She'd never realised how... chiselled Sanguine was. That got her blushing for a very different reason. Reasons she wasn't completely sure of. That... might require some exploration. She tried to focus on something else, anything else. So she focused on what just happened.

Spirits were naturally slow to change, time had little meaning. But Sammi was something new, something different. Who knows what would happen. Maybe this would be the last time this would happen. Maybe it would happen more! Oh god she would need to buy new clothes! She didn't have money! She didn't understand money! Maybe she did now! She didn't know!

What had triggered all of this? Was it her friends? Was it the fact she was learning things and meeting new people? Or was it a side effect of getting better with channelling her essence? This wasn't caused by time passing. It couldn't be. That wouldn't make sense. Her body hadn't been created with a growth over time mechanic. It was debatable if it was designed with a growth mechanic at all. But that was besides the point. The point was... what was that smell? Oh, it was Sanguine.

God he smells nice.

AHHH! DON'T THINK ABOUT IT! DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!!

She snapped out a leash of essence, snatching up a piece of her pizza. Noticing that her essence had changed from it's solid colour blue, to a mix of darker and lighter tones. She bit into the pizza. Partly because she suddenly felt really hungry, and also to stop her saying anything that would be embarrassing. More embarrassing.

Then the word 'prom' was said. Sammi stopped her munching, ears perked up. "P-Prom? What's a-a prom?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Ohhh! Dancing! Sammi liked dancing! She'd never done at a party before though. She'd never even been to a party! She tried to imagine it. But she didn't have a frame of reference. Maybe she should ask Songbird about it? She was always at parties. Then.... then she got an invitation.

Sammi stared at Sanguine. Taken aback. She wasn't used to so... hesitant a plan of action. Let alone being asked if she wanted to do it. So why did it make her heart beat a million miles an hour? Why was her face so red? Why was she so aware of his body against hers? Why was her brain popping like someone had let off a fire cracker? Why was her essence forming a single heart that floated up behind Sanguine's back? Why was she so hurried to send up a essence hand to snatch it back before he could see it so quickly? Why did she not want him to see it? Why did she want to say a million things? Why was she struggling to say even one?

Why was she asking questions like this?

She didn't know.

But she liked it. It felt good. She'd always loved cuddling and hugs. But this was different, she couldn't define it, but it felt more raw, more exciting! But so much more fragile, so much more... adult. Sanguine had always been so honest with her. Ever since he told her about his past. She didn't understand all of it, not at the time. But she couldn't judge him for it. How could someone who made her feel so safe, so happy ever be bad?

Would this be a bad time to ask to sleep in his room tonight?

Yes, she decided. So she just smiled shyly, and nodded. Her expression simple, honest, happy, and red as the morning sun. But this time, she didn't actually mind blushing.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi stood there, feeling a little love drunk. She watched Sanguine step up to finish his bout with X-Calibre. And suddenly realised that she had a game to play too!

"A-Ah! Sorry, Black Rabbit! I got a-a little d-distracted there. W-What were you saying about how this g-game works?" She steps up to the controls. "T-That is if y-you still want to play. A-And Lucy can join in too!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Video games are not something Sammi had much experience with video games. After her activities earlier on in her life with that computer. The staff had perhaps somewhat wisely stopped her from using another one. But as she twiddled away on the joy sticks, pressing buttons in a mad rush of flashing lights and sounds, Sammi started to understand what she was doing.

Okay, it only took her three lives to get there.

But once she did? Careful precise movements flowed out of her, what had been panic presses of any button, became strings of button combos. Her focus was so absolute on the game that all sound seemed to shut out. It was almost like the machine was speaking to her, and Sammi was speaking back. She was almost playing as well as Black Rabbit! With a far less OP character, Stick Straw (she picked him because he was blue, Sammi liked the colour blue).

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 29, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

It was late. Past bedtime late. Late enough that Sammi knew she'd be in trouble if Headmistress Amala caught her up. Not that she'd seen the Headmistress since she'd been moved into this room. This room, she didn't like it. It was... cold. Lifeless. Like the room she was, for lack of a better term, born in. She'd need to work hard to make it hers. But right now, she didn't feel welcome here. How could she sleep? Especially when she'd seen something scamper under the bed. She'd been sitting on her bed. Knees up to her chest. Large eyes scanning the room worriedly. The room was lit not by it's bulb. That would involve running to the light switch! That would involve touching the floor! What if the thing under there went for her feet? Instead, a pale phantom flame of spirit stuff left the room in dim flickering light.

Which was not helping at all.

For all it did to illuminate, it gave life to half glimpsed spectres on the edge of vision. Monster like shapes looming in the half-light. As you can imagine, Sammi, being a person naturally disposed to a nervous disposition, was having a 'wonderful time'. She jumped again for the sixth time, at the shape of her coat hung on the back of the wardrobe. She needed someone here. To calm her down, to cuddle and sooth her. Like Headmistress Amala always used to... Sammi had no choice. She needed to go and look for someone.

Sammi grabbed a pillow, and a blanket. Wrapping them around her slender frame. The rooms were heated, but the corridors weren't to the same degree. And her little shorts and thin t-shirt wasn't exactly designed for being warm. It was unusual to see Sammi in anything revealing. It was one of those few times where Sammi's actual shape could be seen. Slim, with the slightest hint that one day she could have an hourglass figure. The changes she'd undergone at the arcade had built towards that. She at least looked old enough to spend time with the rest of the team. Some things hadn't changed however. As far as she was concerned there were still monster's under the bed.

Carefully, she crafted a set of little floating platforms, clambering her way over to the door. Checking back to the bed, just in case the thing underneath it came scampering out after her. In a deft little hop, Sammi found herself out in the corridor. The floor cold against her feet. The door to her room closed behind her. Even with her blanket, she shivered. Maybe she should have brought her coat...

She would have gone back inside and grabbed it. If she hadn't left her key inside. Sammi stood out in the corridor. Staring at the auto locking door with wide eyes. Well, there was no going back now. Pulling her blanket around her a little tighter, she set off along the corridor. Until she arrived in front of a door. A thin beam of warm light shining out from the gap under the door. Sammi felt a sense of trepidation. She raised one hand up, and knocked shyly on Sanguine's door.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi flushed and nodded. "S-Sorry... I-I might h-have locked m-m-myself out o-of my room..." She stepped over the threshold. She'd never seen Sanguine's room before. It was nice, a lot nicer then her room. It smelt of Sanguine, it was comforting in a way.

"A-And I t-think there's monsters u-under my b-b-bed and I-I can't sleep... C-Can I sleep i-in your room tonight?" She went bright red the moment she said it. It was warm enough in here to remove her blanket shall, but she felt embarrassed. The only other person who'd ever seen her night clothes was Headmistress Amala... It made her feel vulnerable to be so underdressed, especially in front of Sanguine, who held special powers to make her feel both safe and vulnerable at the same time!

"I-I mean I-i-i-if you don't want m-me to I'll leave, a-a-and um..." She didn't really have much of a plan. Face the monster under her bed? No, definitely not. Not without a floodlight and a mini gun.

"..."
"I l-like your room..." She said, a cute little smile playing at the corners of her mouth as she raised her head to meet his eyes.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

Sammi gasped as Sanguine held her. He was warm, and she'd expected his hands to be a lot rougher then they were. She held onto him. Heart hammering wildly. He was flooded with feelings. Even as she drew closer into him. Yet, she felt relaxed. The paradoxical sensation continued to confuse her. But there was no doubt that she felt a lot better.

"W-Would it b-be okay i-i-if y-you could..." She didn't know how to phrase the question. She looked to the bed, trying to think of how to ask to be held until she fell asleep. "I-I mean... Um..." Sammi felt her cheeks heat up while her brain stalled.

"...c-could you help m-m-me sleep?" She stammered.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi hadn't meant to cling quite so much to Sanguine. But it felt so nice! Who could blame her really? She nodded shyly at his question. Why did the thought of being in bed with Sanguine excite her so much? At least she could be impressed with his physical strength. Able to make the bed while still half carrying her. It was enough to make a girl swoon. If said girl was not Sammi, who did not know that swooning was appropriate in such circumstances.

- - -

Growing closer to Sanguine! Marking potential, and he gets influence. So Sanguine gets to shift Sammi's lablels

- - -

It was funny really. Everyone said that Sanguine was dangerous, and Sammi could see that. He could kill her in seconds. Well... He could seriously hurt her. She didn't even know if it was possible for her to die. Spirits didn't die. Even when another spirit ate them. They continue existing. Apart from odd exceptions, like that scary sword.

The point was, that Sammi's innocence gave her a unique perspective. She'd overheard people saying bad things about Sanguine. That he was a freak. But she didn't understand. Sanguine was sanguine. Was was wonderful and soft and kind. He wasn't a freak! He was amazing! She felt lucky to be close to him. Even just to have him smile at her. Or ruffle her hair. In her eyes he could do no wrong.

(Sanguine label shift -1 Freak, +1 Superior)

It was around the point where she was going to jump into the bed, and the snugly heaven that awaited, that she felt the crackle. Like a radio buzz, but on an essence level. It set the hairs standing on edge. Sanguine seemed to have noticed it as well. He placed her on the bed, and she automatically scampered for the safety of the covers. Her spiritual senses on high alert. She heard the gentle knocking. Raising the edge of the cover like a shield. Eyes peeking out over the top. She glances at Sanguine as he goes to check.

Was it the monster? Had it got out of her room and come to take her? She wanted to tell Sanguine to stay, but nerves locked her jaw. She watched in silent fear as he peeked his handsome face out into the corridor. She heard him say something... Then something started walking through the wall. Sammi yelped! And darted beneath the sheets. The voice, it resonated through her essence. Like standing too close to a base speaker at a concert. The sensation overwhelmed her for a moment. Before she drew back her spirit senses. Whimpering softly as she tried to focus her human senses on what was happening.

Voices echoed around the room. Old voices. Dead voices. Angry voices. It set Sammi on edge. Oh no! There were LOTS of monsters! Wait... Crystal? She peeked her head from out under the duvet. Just in time to see Soma fall to the floor. The strange energies flickering out. The voices vanishing.

Great... Now she definitely wasn't going to sleep without some serious snuggling.

"W-W-W-W-What w-was t-t-that!?" Sammi whimpered. Eyes fixed on the fallen form of Soma.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Freak: +1 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +2 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: School

Sanguine climbs under the covers with her, and cradles her to his chest. Sammi's fears and worries melt away. So does she. Entwined in his body, she can't help but feel the intimacy of his hold. The strength of his body, and yet how soft it was. The way their legs intertwined. The way she could feel his heartbeat. The way that she couldn't help but nuzzle into his chest and neck. His smell filled her nose. For that one moment, her whole world was made up of him.

She'd never felt safer yet in danger, or more relaxed yet so on edge. Yet the conflict felt right. Certainty and uncertainty reached an accord.

"Y-Yeah..." She murmured, heavy lidded eyes blinking slowly. Not willing to lose this feeling, this moment. Yet fighting a loosing battle with Sammi's overwhelming desire to sleep. "Y-You always make me feel so safe, a-and happy. I-I don't understand some of t-these feelings y-you make in me. B-But I like them......" Sammi's head rolled forward, resting against his chest. Curled into his body. Fast asleep with a smile on her face. Content.

Sammi dreamed of many things. She dreamed about a handsome boy holding her, their lips meeting. Sensations exploding across her body and behind her eyes. She dreams that she was a tree, her roots extending down down down to a worm. A worm burdened and trapped. She dreamed that her roots became hands, and soothed the worm to stillness. She dreamed of cogs and wheels, of machines of great size and complexity. She dreamed that she could pick them up and hold them in her hands. She dreamed.

The next morning

Sammi blinked slowly. Something felt amazing. She looked up slowly and found the face of Sanguine, asleep. He looked so peaceful. It seemed almost a shame to move. Though move she did when Soma cried out! Sammi jumped. A LOT more awake then she had been 5 seconds ago!

"Ahhh! S-Soma! N-Not so loud! Y-You'll wake Sanguine!" She quietly stammered. Placing a hand on her chest and feeling her suddenly frantic heartbeat slowing back down. "A-Are you okay? H-Here" She sent out a spirit hand and tugged at the blankets freeing the startled psychic.

"I don't k-know why you would y-yell like that... I thought y-you looked really happy as a fat sleepy w-worm"

- - -
Insert roll here

Roll result 6 (5+1 for influence)

+1 potential

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 24, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi

Sammi nodded happily. "Y-Yeah, i-it felt so g-good." She sighed contentedly. "E-Even the resonance you w-were putting o-out before y-y-you passed out weren't enough to ruin I-it. A-And they h-hurt."

Sammi brushed a bang out of her eye line. "It was l-like you were p-projecting into the ether... L-Like you were an antenna. S-Something about a crystal...?" She shrugged apologetically. "I-I was too d-distracted to l-listen fully, s-s-sorry Soma..."

She grabbed her blanket up. "I-I'm going to g-get back into m-my room. I-I'll see you both l-later!" She paused in the door. "U-Ummm... S-Sanguine? I-I-I really h-hope we c-can do this again some time!" She giggled and gave one of her big ernest smiles. The kind that can melt the heart of a hardened criminal at 50 meters. Then headed out the door.

- - -

Later

Sammi had been listening hard. Her butterflies picking up on the chatter of the school. The rumours were... Disturbing.

Some rumours were about her, and who's room she was in last night. She didn't quite understand why this counted as gossip. But she supposed that she was rather unique.

There was also chatter that Headmistress Amala had vanished. She didn't want to believe it. But none of the staff members she'd talked to could tell her anything. Or they didn't want to. She could tell they seemed a lot more dismissive now Amala wasn't around... No! She was fine! She was just busy! It was fine! It was all fine!

...Right?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 25, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi arrived into the emergency meeting. She'd selected the nicest clothes she had (Even if they were hidden under her habitual coat and scarf. Even though the news about Amala disappearing had been unwelcome. Everything else that had happened today had actually been pretty fun.

She was learning robotics.

Well, learning wasn't quite the right phrase. She was experimenting with it. She'd already managed to craft a small bird like robot that could survive a few moments in the air before it ran out of power. She was working on that. She had a theory about her Spiritual Essence and if it could be used to power couplex machines. She'd been playing with the math. The idea seemed sound, she just needed to work out how to do it.

She settled herself near Sanguine. He seemed to be having a conversation with Soma, and despite some small part of her telling her to spend every waking moment with him. Sammi's shyness won out. She didn't want to be rude or anything! Even so, she couldn't help but notice a neatly wrapped box near his hand. Her curiosity burned to know what it was. It looked so pretty and nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Sammi went wide eyed at the gift. He cheeks flushed a pleasing shade of pink as she took the box. Her scarf only partly covering the smile she was struggling to keep off her face. She opened it reverently, being extra careful to not even damage the paper it was wrapped in.

She lifted one of the chocolates out, and took a long slow bite. Her eyelids flickered as she tasted the emotions behind their making. Her face was the picture of bliss. From behind her head, a single heart, formed out of her spirit energy floated freely into view.

Sammi only realised it was there after maybe 10 seconds had passed. Long enough for everyone to have seen it. She grabbed it, panicked by such a public display of something so private. What if people knew she liked Sanguine! She'd die of embarrassment. Far to caught up in the moment to realise that everyone probably already knew. But that was Sammi in a nutshell.

She stuffed the heart into her coat. Where it conspicuously beat against her coat, every time she glanced at Sanguine. Or ate another chocolate. Such were the trials and tribulations of young love.

• Locked thread