Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Evil Eagle posted:

It's my favorite one OP, although I haven't played much since .14 or so. I knocked out 3 15 runers when I was really in to the game.

Have the Hells or Pandemonium changed much since then? Is Tomb still a huge pain in the rear end? I want to get back in to it badly, maybe now is the time.

tomb has some new layouts and enemies, but it's still a huge pain in the rear end for most characters. hells and pandemonium have changed some (e.g. pan is a bit shorter)... the rest of the game has changed much more than extended, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Recked by an Simulacrum in the depths. Didn't know they could hit 60s lol

simulacra can get very very nasty, especially without rC. deep troll simulacra can hit for up to 53 physical + 87 cold damage in a single round

respect em

if you're playing trunk, you can see monster damage when examining monsters.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

https://crawl.develz.org/learndb/#crawl_players

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
trivia: the_glow (in the old entries i linked) is dis astranagant, possibly the best goon crawl player. he still posted on SA until very recently...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

leech is a new one i guess from a version i haven't played yet

leech is nearly twenty years old. there are just a lot of unrands in crawl, and mostly they aren't very common

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
trj tipz:
  • fight in a corridor so that you don't get completely surrounded
  • be willing to use buffs and consumables
  • don't get so fixated on the kill that you fail to escape if things get nasty

there are also some goofy tricks you can try, like using ?immolation after a few jellies pop out, or comboing ?vulnerability and /polymorph. lots of room to play around with alternate techniques, even as a melee char

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh yeah i forgot about that one. ussually by the time i find it its like super late game/postgame when vampirism isn't as helpful

ya, it's not the most exciting one. (though it's less boring than it used to be!)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i'm not sure if the ascii version has any of the content from the last ~2 years of dev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

This is old as gently caress but I just saw this and

Yeah I'm none of that. I last played Crawl in like 0.7 or something and have maybe 3 wins to my name. Back when DDNe turned heavy armor axe jerk was a near guaranteed 5 rune game.

i was told this by nrook and believed him, since you had a bunch of learndb entries and played wayy before my time. can't believe he would lie to me...

in any case, wb

• Locked thread