Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
this is my fav classic style roguelike. haven't played in a long time but that might change fairly shortly because it pwns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i hit the button that auto explores until you see a monster, primarily

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Penis the Stickfighter (L15 HOMo of Okawaru)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

What's the proper way to play DCSS? I know there's webtiles or whatever, and you can download it, etc. Is there a definitive version or is it personal preference.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

it doesn't matter. the tiles are fine and mostly look okay, and actually give u a bit more information than the terminal version, like a small minimap and some other stuff. i usually prefer to play online thru putty and ssh [the text version] tho because i know all the symbols already but i don't know what the tiles mean hehe. also webttiles is a little laggy sometimes in my experience, of course if u download it thats not a problem

thank you

• Locked thread