Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Post your hounds. Sight hounds are welcome too. My cat will someday make an appearance with the hound.

Hound people are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

MissAndy
Feb 24, 2011
I give you a majestic hound in the snow.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Good topic OP

Howlin hound homies.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Snoozin

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i love hounds :3:

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
I am a weird hound person and I have this weird hound mix

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

McSharpie posted:

I am a weird hound person and I have this weird hound mix

does it bowroorooo?

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005

Bud K ninja sword posted:

does it bowroorooo?

he woke up to howl at some harleys that passed us on a car trip last weekend then he went back to snoozin'

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

McSharpie posted:

he woke up to howl at some harleys that passed us on a car trip last weekend then he went back to snoozin'

checks out as a good hound dog then friend

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That is a nice sheep hound. A borgle I believe.

so brave

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

T is a good boy but I have never seen a dumber and more stubborn dog.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eifert Posting posted:

T is a good boy but I have never seen a dumber and more stubborn dog.

nice looking murderdog too

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hounds are the best dogs and it's not close. Who wants a dog that listens to you that's boring.

Also everyone knows floppy ears are the best part of dogs, so the extra surface area on a hound's ears renders all other breeds inferior. Hounds uber alles.

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
I have a really hyperactive 9 mo old walker hound. Will this wild beast ever chill the f out? Got any good toys recs to keep her occupied for an hour or so?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Hounds are the best dogs and it's not close. Who wants a dog that listens to you that's boring.

Also everyone knows floppy ears are the best part of dogs, so the extra surface area on a hound's ears renders all other breeds inferior. Hounds uber alles.
Yes

Huskalator posted:

I have a really hyperactive 9 mo old walker hound. Will this wild beast ever chill the f out? Got any good toys recs to keep her occupied for an hour or so?
My basset has only really chilled out after two years old and they're the lazy breed, but he still needs hours of walking/playing.

https://www.amazon.com/OurPets-Smar...=treat+ball+dog
https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Budd...A31Q36W55H&th=1
Frozen kongs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My rescue hound mix Jade. Any ideas on what her breeds might be? We were thinking Black & Tan Coonhound with some lab or shepherd, maybe some dobie, but she's pretty small ~45lbs at 9 months.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Please enjoy this very serious debate between Mrs. EP and my dog.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 28, 2017

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Super Grocery Kart posted:

My rescue hound mix Jade. Any ideas on what her breeds might be? We were thinking Black & Tan Coonhound with some lab or shepherd, maybe some dobie, but she's pretty small ~45lbs at 9 months.

Hello I think you stole my dog

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Hello I think you stole my dog

Holy poo poo, she's like a mix of my dogs! Is she part Australian Shepherd? Her coat has nearly identical markings to my Aussie mix.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Holy poo poo, she's like a mix of my dogs! Is she part Australian Shepherd? Her coat has nearly identical markings to my Aussie mix.

We're not sure, she's a rescue from down south. We were thinking a hound shepard mix, though we were thinking a gsd. Could be an Australian I guess though

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
One of the best parts of being a hound dogge is the built-in neck pillow.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The worst thing about hounds is their owners won't post in this thread.

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Meet Sal,

He was found as a stray in North Carolina last year. I adopted him in August and he has been a wonderful friend. He's nervous around most people, but to those he trusts he is lovable and goofy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sy Borg posted:

Meet Sal,

He was found as a stray in North Carolina last year. I adopted him in August and he has been a wonderful friend. He's nervous around most people, but to those he trusts he is lovable and goofy.

you are a good dog rescuer

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thank you! He's the first dog I adopted as my own. Sal's a good buddy.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Hound I posted is terrified of everybody and needs to know people for a literal months before he can go anywhere near them or even leave the bedroom. It's really counter to the breed standard and what you expect from a hound. He was kept in a no-kill shelter for months before anyone adopted him and I think that's what kind of fried his brain.

Every once in awhile though he'll sneak up on somebody and sniff their fingers even if he's terrified of them. He always looks like he's doing something bad. It's so drat cute.

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That sounds pretty familiar. I wonder if your dog and mine share the same brain? Sal is terrified of my neighbor's little pinscher (even wetting himself once outside) and has howled at guests, including a toddler, before cowering in his bed.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my neighbor got some kind of hound dobie mix and keeps the poor thing outside all the drat time, drat thing seems so lonely and keeps me up half the time barking in the middle of the night at every random thing. I tried throwing a few squeeky balls over the fence for the poor thing to play with but the owner is a bad person and keeps throwing em back over here.

I want to steal his dog and add it to the froghorde but i believe that would both be too many dogs for me and also illegal. :smithfrog:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hounds

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That moment when your hound stops walking and buries his nose in something and you have to figure out what it is and whether he'll try to eat it before he does.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

^^^^^ They're poop snow foxes.

Silly guy is trying to hide what he's munching on.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Hound update: not sure if she's a hound anymore? Are those dog dna things any good?

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Sometimes when I'm walking the hound mutt he'll just stop and won't start again for a minute or so. Not sniffing anything in particular, just standing there and taking in the world around him.

Well, dog, if you do that I'm gonna take a picture of you

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

My hound does that a lot. I like to think he's smelling something from a mile away.

I now notice with the duck feet you have a basset sheep hound. A bassheepard.

SachielDVangel
Jun 4, 2003
Bunch of slow tree barkers itt.

Real hounds catch their own game imo.

Playing catch the fake plastic bunny:

Some real poo poo:

SachielDVangel fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 10, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
links are somewhat bootymolested friend.

SachielDVangel
Jun 4, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

links are somewhat bootymolested friend.

Links are good, [img] isn't working. Dreamhost got something against sa now?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SachielDVangel posted:

Links are good, [img] isn't working. Dreamhost got something against sa now?

weird.

yeah i just use imgur now, all of my actually hosted stuff doesnt work consistantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

remember the file extensionnnnnnnnn

• Locked thread