Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
this show is loving awesome best to go into it not knowing anything about it echoing what other people have said its probably the best single episode of any show I've ever seen. The soundtrack was loving awesome. Tree guy. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
telekinetic guy was definitely not real considering they're all "You might be a very powerful telekinetic!" why be so excited if you already have a telekinetic that can throw around boulders and tanks at will?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Also, great to see the return of guy hiding in foliage :thumbsup:

Damnit I was watching for him and didn't catch it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
or its not 'earth' because its theres mutants and all sorts of other fantasy/sci-fi poo poo going on

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im still confused about who torches the pool and pulls the electric buzzer out of dudes hand in ep 1, maybe the dude who torched the pool is the guy in the background when you first meet Melanie in the pinstripe suit coat?

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 2, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the tar slime chicken egg baby thing is still hopping around and I don't think its a pet of the Shadow King. At first I thought it was just an 'idea' like implied but its leaving actual trails of slime around so its a 'real' thing as real as anything in the show is. It popped into ptonomy's head and made him do something, but we never see what. We do get the impression that basket head guy knows what he was up to because it cuts to a camera view of ptonomy. We still don't know who exploded the pool in season one for sure do we? Did we ever find out if Melanie had some kind of power and what it was?

Also Kerry finds some of the black slime when they're in ptonomy's delusion and then he asks david if anyone else is around and david says no which was kind of an interesting thing.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 23, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the first time I saw it I thought it was telekinetic guy but then when it was linked its def a dude flying in

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yeah pause at around 11 seconds and you can see a helicopter and flying dude in the top left. Man that escape sequence was so crazy and cool.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is there a future virus? I thought the virus died with the monk

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pussy Quipped posted:

Is Amy's conciousness now with Farouk? Or do you think her and Lenny are sharing? Or is she just gone?

i think sharing because david was getting her memories when reading lemy's mind

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its true love

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yeah this was a good episode and I would almost say its the least weird of all of them. Like the world portrayed in all the other davids' worlds is mostly normal besides david himself. I thought that was somewhat interesting.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i hope we find out where the sludge monsters came from and its not just dropped or whatever

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

It was neat but felt like a misstep. Xavier would not only know pretty quick what's up but could roll up (literally :haw:) and take care of most of it himself. Any time you point out he exists in this world, it immediately brings up the question of "so where the gently caress is he right now?"

he's going senile in an empty water container in mexico and wolverine gives him drugs every once in a while so he can't use his powers

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
boo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i really liked the short shot of future david with his hair straight up on his throne of bones

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

This whole thing is going to end up being the maze the monk trapped David in when they found him in the chair and I am never going to stop laughing.

i thought the monk had a rather abrupt end, bonus if that all of it is still real because david's power is so strong he was trapped in the maze in real life

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
kerry(cary?) from the future sent it to grab david so he could chat with future syd

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, if Hawley is trying to make everyone root against David and for Syd

everyone was rooting for walter white the whole way through so I don't think he expects this at all. David raped syd though so he's the bad man now, just because you're rooting for or against someone doesn't make them bad/good. I loved this episode, from sing off at the start all the way to the escape. gently caress man this was pretty good.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

night slime posted:

I don't get why the shadow king is so scary if he got brutally owned by Professor X in like 2 seconds and fell into his dinner. Maybe they should go get Professor X instead.

i think its safe to say that professor x is dead or whatever he was doing in logan i think he was senile and on his way to being dead

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
David was with farouk for the missing year, helping him look for his body, I thought that was pretty obviously explained in one of the earlier episodes. He lies about it because he goes to division 3 to look for the monk

i agree though there was a bunch of poo poo that either was just completely random craziness or never resolved or brought up again. Maybe now that david is the bad guy we will get more focus on everyone else? Like we didn't even see real melanie or oliver in the last episode what the gently caress? This season felt kind of pathworky in that a lot of episodes didn't even need to be there, but then some of them were really great. Like alternate reality david episode was really fun.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 13, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think the problem is that david is actually literally insane, so sure farouk is a bad guy, but an insane person isn't really good or bad. Farouk is predictable he doesn't want to destroy the world he just wants to be rich and gently caress bitches all day, David on the other hand is insane

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
syd wasn't manipulated by farouk so much as told the truth by him, combine all that with what she saw while she was in David's head and the fact he lied to her about all sorts of poo poo all season. Yeah, Syd should absolutely loving hate David even Pre-Rape.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

flatluigi posted:

I honestly don't understand what about this season makes people not want to watch a season 3.

david bad guy, not good guy, boo hoo.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

He's been having conversations with the split personalities (that were finally fully revealed this episode) since the first few episodes of this season, at least.

Yeah I think it was important that the choke was active while he was having a little chit chat with himself inside his head fantasy land too. I was kind of wondering WHAT would happen when the choke popped. Like would it pop and a bunch of people cease to exist? But turns out everything was real and Mr. David is also Mr. CrayCray.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shitenshi posted:

Farouk they are not. And if he is crazy, then poo poo, put the man on some meds and call it a day.

Did you miss the part where they specifically offered to get him treatment and medication and he decided he'd rather blow a gasket? I'm wondering if you even watch this show or just troll the thread with bad ideas.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Monglo posted:

Basically, what David said himself. And that also made the episode confusing, because, apart from the mind wipe on Syd following sex scene, he was in the right.

what was he right about? David can read minds, he can tell when an insanity monster is nesting inside someones' head so he could have been able to tell if Syd was mind controlled by Farouk, plus they were under the influence of the choke while she was pointing a gun at him so she couldn't have been under his control during that scene. Same goes for loving Oliver, David would be able to tell if Farouk was still inside, he chose to torture Oliver anyways.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the more i think about it the more it seems that david also put the delusion birds in other peoples' head as well considering he was working with farouk against fukuyama for the first part of the season, so david killed ptonomy also

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

wowww gently caress

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i mean he probably heard the conversation as well where she said that he was the one who destroys the world blahdeefuckingblah but we should keep ignoring the part where david is responsible for the destruction of earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so was david huffing his own blue/red fumes as a drug from the very beginning