Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I am worried the rest of the episodes wont be nearly as awesome as that pilot was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Webbeh posted:

That goddamn boilerplate child giggle SFX is killing me. Otherwise, amazing show.

I wish someone would delete this from all media forever or at least find some new kids to laugh for you. This stupid stock sound pulls me out of any show/movie i hear it in and all I can think about is Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Well that was the scariest hour of TV I can remember. Yikes. Every time the Angriest Boy moved forward I was loving skeeved out.

He scares me way more than the fat man with the yellow eyes.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

His power probably has something to do with astral projection or telepathy because I dont know how else you get stuck there?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

I have no idea about the location, but beyond plates the steering wheel was on the right-hand side.

I noticed the license plate and the right-hand drive, but it's also worth noting that he is driving on the right-hand side of the road.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

Parks and rec has a good record at making stars so far.

Maybe they can get Jim O'Heir for Mojo next season.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I've been having fun recommending this show to people while purposefully avoiding any mention of X-men or mutants.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I need season 2 immediately.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

From Aubrey Plaza’s instagram:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

poo poo looks bonkers. More dance numbers too!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I thought the cover of White Rabbit was pretty neat.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I didn't think he literally meant they were going to carbon date David, just that they were going to do some fancy tests on him and it was easier to say something that most people can understand.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want the finale to be Admiral Fukuyama taking the basket off to reveal it was Patrick Stewart the whole time.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

double nine posted:

I adored the Amahl Farouk portrayal, but it kinda bugs me how this, erudite, chatty, seemingly sophisticated and murderous "gentleman" is supposed to be the same entity as the the monster from the previous season. They're so different.

Athough they're both kinda playful in a bloodthirsty kinda way.

He tricks you.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

They were all the obvious red flags surrounding and pointing to David that Syd can't notice because she has deluded herself into thinking they are actually good things.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I love this batshit crazy show.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

His coffin being an egg was very intentional I think.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ever since Jon Hamm's bit about the red/green switching I've been hyper-aware of everything that is colored green.
Lenny's Exit sign she was drawing, all the doors in D3, Kerry's spray bottle he squirts David with, and of course more giant floating hands.

Also somehow only just realized that you can tell what is in the Mind vs what is Reality by the aspect ratio changes.

Fake Edit: the Green/Red thing is even weirder if you think about Season 1 and how anytime the Shadow King was loving with things there was an abundance of red light/coloration
But it could also just be the easy way to explain perceived reality to us plebs and nothing more.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

In the script for the pilot there were two named mutants who accompany Syd when rescuing David. One of them has explicit fireball powers so somewhere along the way they just ended up changing them to Kerry and Ptonomy, but left in the fire exploding everything.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hasselblad posted:

But she did not switch bodies with her mom, she switched consciousnesses. Syds body falls onto the couch and Syd clearly is in her mother's body and gets up from where it was laying.

Lol

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Awesome episode but I missed a portion where David's sister was talking to her husband about a dream. Anyone catch what she said?

She dreamed she was a Vermilion and said
"And now we are this,
The machine that bleeds,
The organizing principle...s"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Feenix posted:

Weird house with a freaky windmill surrounded by armed guards with no one else around for miles. That’s not how I’d hide. Especially from a super mutant magic psychic. It felt very... standouty. Then again, she was found so I guess it did suck.

If the person you are trying to hide from can literally read minds I don't think it really matters what it looks like.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Is Amy's conciousness now with Farouk? Or do you think her and Lenny are sharing? Or is she just gone?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Watching this show certainly leaves me feeling like I have a severe mental illness.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The show nocebo'd us into making the delusion monsters real.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

What the gently caress show?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want some of whatever that blue poo poo is.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Awwww hell yeah!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Running through the underground maze looked remarkably similar to the layout of Division 3.
:thunk:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I think that the setup for David's deterioration/turn were definitely set up all throughout the season. John Hamm was talking about David every single time he did an after-school special on mental illness.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Metalshark posted:

The final season is coming this Summer:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/legion-season-3-final-season-announced-summer-2019

(Hawley always intended it to end at 3 seasons, as per the above link.)

For some reason I thought he said 5 seasons initially but I can't find anything to support that. I must have made it up in my head.
Either way I'm stoked we are getting another season of this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I liked all the John Hamm parts in season 2