Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

"We’ve got the time, right? It’s not a two-hour movie. It’s an 8- or a 10- or a 12-hour movie. Let’s tell the parts of the story that you couldn’t tell on the big screen. What is it really like to hear voices or to be able to move things with your mind or to think you can move things with your mind, but you’ve been hospitalized and they’ve been talking you out of the idea that you can actually move things with your mind. If there’s one thing that television doesn’t really do, and has never really done, is to tell a surreal story."

Is this a one-season series, or is there a plan to keep it going forever? I read somewhere that it plans to tie into the cinematic universe with maybe a cameo by Professor X, but the Fargo talk has me thinking it's a 8-12 hour movie and it'll have a satisfying ending. I don't have the endurance to watch a show that goes on and on and on way past where it should stop, especially when it starts out this good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

You read wrong. This is not connected to the movie universe at all. The producers confirmed it's entirely separate universe of its own. The new X-Men show on Fox from Matt Nix that's in pre-production now is the one that is tying into films.

IMDB trivia says otherwise, but the IGN interview you posted contradicts it. Fitting for this show that the "is this or is this not part of the Marvel cinematic universe" question exists, actually!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Elite posted:

This was probably my vote for weakest episode of the show too. I wouldn't say it got too weird for me (I liked the weird parts of the episode the most), but it was a really slow episode overall. It did have some cool/interesting parts, but it also had a lot of plodding "huh, something is wrong here. Not sure what it is though" conversations... which really missed the mark for me because we already know EXACTLY what's wrong about what's happening.

The plot device where everyone gets a memory wipe and all feel like something is wrong and then are rescued by someone - possibly from outside - coming in and snapping them out of it with a "Remember who you are!" is common in comics. I only got into comics for a short time in my childhood and I still remember it being used dozens of times. I thought the "we're back at the mental hospital but doesn't this seem wrong?" part dragged on too long, but the payoff was amazing. Yeah, the show should win an award for the way it made getting a lapdance from Aubrey Plaza look menacing.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

I feel like the only thing the show needs to do now is bring in Matt Berry and have him act opposite Jemaine Clement.

gently caress it Legion/Darkplace crossover.

I didn't realize Matt Berry and Jemaine Clement were two different people until your post, when it all clicked. I recognized Jemaine Clement's voice as the guy from Darkplace - a show I saw many years ago on Adult Swim at like 2 AM so my memories were hazy - but it turns out it's two similar looking actors with very similar British accents and voice inflections.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

Do people think he Matt Berry look like each other? I don't really see it, but concede others might.

Looking at Google Images, they do, sometimes. Oliver and the guy from Darkplace look and sound very similar, but I don't see the resemblance nearly as strong in other things Matt Berry's been in.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Alright so no to an Astral Plane battle but how about just something more climactic than two people running at each other, colliding, and being thrown backwards.

Even if they were just standing still on opposite ends of the hallway and then BOOM, SK flew back in an explosion would be better than them running into each other like the Teenage Warhead character from Deadpool... but you know what, I'm not going to Goon out about it, it was just a transitional scene. The real battle was in David's head a few scenes back.