Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably only going to get characters, not storylines.

No X-men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You prefer a paint by numbers story?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's your loving deal mate.

Go sit in the sun for a spell.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lokipunk posted:

I'm still not sold on Lenny being real. The idea above about warwolves is pretty cool but I was wondering if we are seeing a Wolfsbane analogue, seeing that Legion originates in New Mutants. Nice to see that Syd's powers involve switching places and bodies on contact, and are not a direct Rogue analogue. Iterested a lot in Vapor, like is it a mutant drug like Kick? and is there any significance to "it's always blue" like is it Dazzler's blood or something?

Can't wait for next week!

:D The gently caress is that. Looks like a prison letter.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Well I hadn't gotten to that point yet :rolleye: But still, don't be such a man; she still asked him not do it! Does the fact that she loves him invalidate her wishes and autonomy? Also, TV is known to conflate love and infatuation. Exactly how long have the two known each other? I mean, it took me a year and change to know I was in love with the man who became my boyfriend...

His your other half a goon? i feel he needs our support.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahah personal space! She can't touch him, it's not that she doesn't want to.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oasx posted:

The Expanse suffers from being very slow at first and only really getting good during the last 3-4 episodes of season 1, but season 2 is great so far.

C-

You mixed up "really getting good" with "getting really good"

easy mistake.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope the person who greenlit this show is getting serviced by an expert. Because they deserve it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Those are some confident shorts.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bust Rodd posted:

Germaine sucking in his gut so hard there to not look like dadbod

He's pretty skinny now. I saw some press images of him at carpets and interviews

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bust Rodd posted:

She was a main character on an extremely popular cable TV show that ran for 7 years and has been working steadily since it went off the air 5 years ago. She just successfully crossed over from the cutesy-twee crowd to the nerd crowd, so she will automatically be more online since Parks & Rec fans probably don’t have an online community outside of a sub-reddit whereas every nerd/comic book/gaming website talked about Legion.

My favourite thing she did was smoking weed with Ali Shawkat on Getting Doug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRD7ZddPZo

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress yeah, so many colours.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well the important thing is that they kept the idea that Magneto is singlehandedly sex machining the mutant race to supremacy as canon.

Could you resist Fassbender?
I'm not confident i could, after 5 beers.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was great. I have no.idea what happened.

10/10

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shitenshi posted:

So I watched one episode in the middle of last season just to see what all the hype was about, and felt it's plot was slow moving which wasn't so bad considering similar shows have done that kinda stuff, but didn't at all get the constant weird artsy showboating that took up too much time, and made the Fargo TV series's random philosophizing seem restrained and normal by comparison. Deffo getting the same feeling with this episode, and I have a feeling it's not about plunging headfirst into a second season on a show like a fish out of water. Is this something I have to get over or is this the show's MO?

Wait... wot?

That's weapons grade stupid.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shitenshi posted:

So I'm gathering from your responses that this is a pretentious show that tries to be as "deep" as possible, but when the time comes to put up or shut up, the storytelling is slow and weak as possible. Mr. Robot did this whole artsy thing too, and even that was pretty easy to follow because for all it's random allusions and references, the thing was a straightforward character drama/fight against an evil empire thriller thing.

Also, I haven't even closely followed the show (obviously) and I was able to figure out that silent Syd at the end was telling David that the organization he's currently working with is actually looking for the Shadow King's body and give it to him on a silver platter. Observe how in the meeting with the mustached women and the basket head, when he asks if they're in a race against the Shadow King to find his actual body, the mustached women go silent.

Actually homeslice, i think you'll find i put this show drat near the top of my list last year, and was leaving room for this season at the top of this years list.

I love this show. I don't dissect it, i watch it and let in unravel, in order.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh boy, am i regretting coming to this thread. It's been back 24 hours and already the place is a shitfight.

Who would have thunk a show about mental illness would do... that...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I was prepared to write a really angry review of the first episode of season 2 here because it was 100% recap but then I realized I watched the second episode of season 1. I'm a retard basically.

That's not even close to the most retarded thing in just the last two pages. So you're at least par for the course.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like twisty cam and dance off's. What else you got Legion? I'm buying what you're selling.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

notthegoatseguy posted:

I now really want a restaurant where my food is delivered via boat.

I'd put a fat stack on there being a Caribbean pizza place that has that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flyinglemur posted:

I went to a sushi bar in Berlin that had that set up and it was fantastic. Just random things would come by that you could grab or you can make a request to the chef and you would put a special flag on the boat so that no one would take it until it got to you. As long as there were no sushi pirates in the bar I guess.

You need to be clearly marked as a pirate with a hat and a parrot. But i think that checks out legally.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
TIL. Thanks

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still have no idea what's going on.

magnifique

10/10 for the Banana Splits song.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gorilla Salad posted:

Navid Negahban loving nailed that scene.

Classy, French and menacing is such a great combination.

I've been looking for his glasses for 3 hours....

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

regulargonzalez posted:

I don't want to be attracted to Tim Curry :(

Fake human spotted.

Not Tim Curry though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMcw8Jpvas

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 14, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

God I wish I had what it takes to rock those shades.

Even if you did, good luck finding them.

Grey Ant Composite, sepia 2014 $3-400. But you can't find them. I looked.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
All the wacky poo poo has been cranked to 11, and it's pretty much all been wacky poo poo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wafflecopper posted:

This but for every episode of Legion

This but for every episode of Legion

I need to get Joey Diaz grade high and rewatch this entire season

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grem posted:

Man that AMG commercial with John Hamm that came on messed with my head.

Every time i'm down i watch Jon Hamm's Ray Romano impression.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just going to leave this lesbian bait right here.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hi follow redditor.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have two questions

What the gently caress is going on?
How do i get out of this mind gently caress?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is zero sense of time. It bothers me, but it's also like a dream is i guess.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doink

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm just watching it now, the intro is loving magnificent. I'm awarding that scene for an Emmy.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 13, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Edge & Christian posted:

This was actually addressed in the original comics, though in a way that makes it clear that it's a Chris Claremont comic from 30+ years ago:

(Uncanny X-Men #161, the first mention/appearance of Gabrielle Haller)

(immediately after this kiss she is kidnapped by Nazis who know that she is the key to finding all of Hitler's lost gold. Magneto and Xavier team up to rescue her from Baron Von Strucker and his band of underground Nazis and the flashback ends)

She's next mentioned about a year later in New Mutants #1, where she appears for one page:

And then this plotline is dropped and left dangling for twenty four issues because that's how Chris Claremont plotted.

Oh yeah I forgot, because it was the mid-1980s, David saw his adoptive dad he thought was his real dad get killed by Arab Terrorists and "got Autism" from it.

PTASD

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

B33rChiller posted:

Wow! I haven't felt tingles of fear up and down my back like that since the introduction of the Weeping Angels. Those Time Eaters are supremely creepy. Uggggh. My skin's still crawling.
Excellent job as usual.

I thought it was a brilliant episode. Even the sepia postcard action movie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

He's a 2000 year old brain wizard. There's not much that he's likely to be too worked up by and is likely playing with the god boy who can break reality this whole time because literally wtf else are you gonna do all day at that point? He's probably already done the cult of drugs and hot chicks thing in every place and time where both were available since the invention of freak. Sure everyone else is worried that time is being eaten by demons but to him it's Tuesday #9857 with blue ones this time and he just wants to get back to having some fun.

His mind palace is Casablanca with dudes in lingerie, he's operating on a totally different level as everyone else when it comes to being chilled out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They are really selling David as a super villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

By popular demand posted:

You can practically feel the Shadow King think "Yes, you are almost down to my moral level. Just a little more and you'd be ripe for my manipulation."

It was high time for all the voices in David to assert themselves, let us see where they lead the plot.

Why let plot ruin a perfectly good season?