Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I was impressed with how compelling this was throughout despite an admirable commitment to being weird and obtuse plus it was so, so Pink Floyd even beyond the obvious name. The whole thing was channeling the isolation of The Wall or the rage of The Final Cut to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I'm not a fan of horror in general, but I do like how this show approaches it. The use/lack of sound in the final scene was so clever, from Lenny's voice distorting and the gross 'kissing' effects to the sudden sting of The World's Angriest Boy in the World going past Syd.

Everything about this show is just so compelling, and it really is so varied without losing cohesion.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Delzuma posted:

Is Gifted any good? I honestly haven’t heard anything about it so I haven’t started it yet.

I really like it, though I am a huge X-Men fan. It's much more straightforward than Legion, but it's nicely written with some good escalation/development and the characters avoid pointless drama in the main. There are some strong performances and some fun mutants including Polaris, Blink and Thunderbird, so the main thing that seems to be an issue for people are the family at the centre of the show, whom I don't mind but some people find the teenaged son annoying, or even the whole family.
I'd definitely recommend checking it out. It's better than the X-Men movies, excepting Logan and Deadpool of course, which is possibly damning with faint praise but I mean it as a positive as it actually uses the (alternative) universe fully and has some nice nods to X-history.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Some interesting thoughts from Hawley here re: Season 2 (no spoilers): https://news.marvel.com/tv/86800/legion-executive-producer-season-2-hunt-shadow-king/

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The final season is coming this Summer:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/legion-season-3-final-season-announced-summer-2019

(Hawley always intended it to end at 3 seasons, as per the above link.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Lauren Tsai being only 21 and killing it in the S3 opener AND having done rad covers for Marvel comics is just ridiculously impressive.