Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Noah Hawley plus Dan Stevens of The Guest is all I needed to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
As I was just telling my wife "That sounds like a homage to 'Run'", and the next thing I hear is the name Syd Barrett. It was such an eureka moment that I can't fairly judge this show.

ArmZ posted:

the jane's addiction song that i couldn't remember the name of and it was bothering me all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brQ-EWzgEX0

I called it the beginning of 'Ocean Size' when I heard it, but good to know the name now.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 10, 2017

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

ViggyNash posted:

Mind explaining the context for us upstart millennials? What's the significance of the name Syd Barrett?

He was one of the original founders of Pink Floyd who went a little crazy. Also during that scene they were playing a homage to Pink Floyd's song 'On the Run' off Dark Side of the Moon. The song features what I always took as an airplane crash, but during the episode it was replaced with skateboard in the background.

Edit: As a long time Pink Floyd fan I do agree the name with that music in the background (although Syd was long gone by the time they got to DSOTM) was a little too on the nose. That said I'm ok with that since it was Pink Floyd.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 10, 2017