Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

lokipunk posted:

I'm still not sold on Lenny being real. The idea above about warwolves is pretty cool but I was wondering if we are seeing a Wolfsbane analogue, seeing that Legion originates in New Mutants. Nice to see that Syd's powers involve switching places and bodies on contact, and are not a direct Rogue analogue. Iterested a lot in Vapor, like is it a mutant drug like Kick? and is there any significance to "it's always blue" like is it Dazzler's blood or something?

Can't wait for next week!

I think the significance of the color of the drug is similar to the symbol of the blue flower in literature: otherworldlyness, something unreachable. Color is important obviously, they really drew a lot of attention to the red lights when they switch bodies and the demon has yellow eyes. Interestingly the frog that dispenses the vapor has glowing blue eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

What is Kerry's superpower, abuse magnet? Seriously what was that fight scene?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

This show's awesome, hope it sticks around a while.

I was waiting to see her do some serious beatdown stuff and for like 1 minute she was pulling off a River from Serenity.

Then she proceeded to just get rear end whooped and nobody stayed down. Why the hell would you ever send her into a combat situation?

What's more, why would you do that when the person she's tethered to takes all the beating at the same time? Why not just send both at that point?

Yeah that one is definitely going in Joss Whedon's spank bank.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

What the heck is Eye's power? It looked like he shape-shifted, avoided getting shot a million times, and just knocked out that dude by touching him.

He is probably a telepath who can project illusions into other peoples minds and could subdue the memory guy with psychic combat. Dodging bullets is probably from telekinesis.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

flosofl posted:

Hell, they're renewing Archer for 3 more seasons.

(don't get me wrong, I *love* the show, but I think they've been bleeding viewers since Season 5 and didn't really get their momentum back in 6)

Three more seasons Jesus. And they couldn't find any room in their heart for Cassidy and Clay?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Lenny is Legion's version of Cassandra Nova

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, it's the Shadow King for sure. Maybe Xavier defeated him and he hid or took refuge in David when he was young, and was going to possess him before he learned how powerful David was.

I know but "I've known you since the womb" is very suggestive.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I think it's funny that the same "person folding into a cube" death was used in XMen Apocalypse but actually looked better here in spite of having a tiny fraction of the budget. It also mattered a hell of a lot more since we actually knew both characters here, instead of having a nobody villain killing a nobody dude.

SFX is a strange beast. It might have cost them a million dollars for the effects software but now that they have it they crush people into cubes all day on the cheap.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Future Syd is Jeffries from Twin Peaks.

Well now. I'm not gonna talk about Judy; in fact, we're not gonna talk about Judy at all, we're gonna keep her out of it!

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

I think we kind of caught Shadow King in a lie about the teeth chattering. He deflects it onto the monk but the rest of the monks displayed hysterical laughter, contagious suicidal ideation, and teeth chattering BECAUSE of their proximity to the Shadow King's body.

Also this episode seems to imply that the oil chicken of delusion is related to the monk and the teeth chattering. It is obviously contagious having affected Syd and now Ptonomy and I wonder if the delusion is that they can trust the Shadow King.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

is there a future virus? I thought the virus died with the monk

In the comics there is something called the Legacy Virus that kills mutants and eventually humans.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Serf posted:

boy that was a loving great episode. the sheer malice and dread the show is able to evoke is amazing

"Finding the sculpture in the stone" is the most unsettling thing I've heard uttered on television since Twin Peaks season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

This season felt like it was less than the sum of its parts, there was plenty of cool/horrifying stuff but not enough structure to make it a satisfying season of television. Hopefully there is a little more plot next time.