Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
This is just a thread to tell funny or interesting stories about the strange, political poo poo you overhear or hear from other people. poo poo like the time I'm sitting at work and someone be like "the best thing about Trump is just how perfect his family is" or my Uncle trying to convince me Infowars is the one true place to get news and keep your self "woke." My uncle is in his 50s and Dominican.

You know, poo poo like that. But tell it better. I'm not a good story teller. Do better. Do better than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

My neighbor is a fairly typical old man Alaska conservative. We were chatting in the front yard shootin the poo poo about local politics (for AK, it's mostly an oil/gas or fishing discussion) when he dropped this little chestnut on me.

:) "yeah, the main oilfields are not producing like they were in the 80s and seem to be running low"

:pseudo: "more oil will form, might be in a different spot though"

:) "Sure, in a few million years or so. We've burned up quite a lot in the last 150yrs. Those sea critters and dinosaurs didn't get compressed overnight"

:pseudo: "No, it doesn't take that long at all and oil isn't made from dinosaurs. It's a natural geologic process, it comes from rocks."

:confused: "What? I'm pretty sure thats not true.

:pseudo: "Look it up"

So I looked it up, it seems there were some non-biological origins for oil theories floated way back in the day but they're long since discredited, the only ones still holding on to it these days are Young Earth Creationists and my neighbor probably hasn't cracked open a science textbook since the 60s.

• Locked thread