Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
rebuild font cache mlady?? LOL

use bink video every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

Perplx posted:

mkv dont play in ios
theres vlc for ios

tonight i had a dream where sony pdw cams didnt record in op1a but some weird proprietary format and everything had to be transcoded to prores. a weird dream

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

pagancow posted:

These were the poo poo back in the day:

BVM-DE24E1WE

But they are discontinued, and only display rec.709 primaries, and rec.2020 is the new hotness

i actually had to use one of those at a job in 2014 because it was for a cheap rear end company and it felt anachronistic as gently caress using a massive crt. at least it used sdi lol tho i think that was on an expansion board which they had to pay extra for lol

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
25mbps intraframe ownage
420 color subsampling for pal and 411 for ntsc because we need diversity

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
you know how the scrollwheel in vlc adjusts the volume? well in ios vlc if you swipe vertically it adjusts the brightness

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

pagancow posted:

Dude, they don't put magic crystals in recorders anymore because they are solid state dummy

i dont see why anybody wouldn't own one of these RGB video players, they are so much cheaper than the 60k tape decks we use to have to use

i loving loathe the atomos shoguns, those fuckers fail to boot like every third time and eat batteries like poo poo

and dont get me started on the hellish powerbutton

Aix fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 21, 2017

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
the best codecs are the ones with the most limited set of parameters for idiots to gently caress up obv
a straightjacket-like container can help too

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
thank god i never have to unplug the screen on my imac

that one time i connected an old 720p tv as a second screen was bullshit tho lol

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

moron izzard posted:

That's why you keep the sega Saturn plugged in.

pro systems like the cdi come with a remote, id recommend getting one of those instead for your home theater setup

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

AtomD posted:

wasn't 28 days later shot on minidv

it was shot on dvcpro50 which is 422 so it doesnt look that bad, i remember at the time i actually liked the style just cause it was ~different~

so if someone says the bluray of that movie is useless you can not only say the ending was shot on 35mm but also... the dvd has loving chroma subsampling!!!

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
the first time i saw it was on a 17" crt as a 650mb divx ;-) 3.11 file so it looked ~unusual~ rather than straight up lovely

cant stand the blown out highlights nowadays tho. that used to be the worst thing about digital films

Aix fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 13, 2017

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
hey sup i was wondering. whats the preferred container for h265 video? i just noticed the only 265 file i ever had was an mkv and surely there must be something like .mp5 or whatever. or maybe in this near futurw we will all stream EVERY video... who knows

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
so mp4 can carry h265 now? thats hosed up considering the big difference in hardware requirements compared to h264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
im gonna make sure the next good codec will be called "avi"

• Locked thread