Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
It’s here, with Tastosis and everything

https://youtu.be/7IpF4cuyscs

I only caught the tail end of the last set (vs Bisu) which he rolled T for. So idk if he turns out to be pro quality at the other two races or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

he did a lot better with protoss and zerg than basically any other pro gamer could ever be expected to, but he only won one match with an off-race. he also rolled terran in 4 of his 8 matches, which was lame as heck and didn't give a particularly great idea of how he actually is with the others, beyond his muta micro being nowhere near as good as queen's (but i mean, nobody can touch queen there so w/e)

Khorne
May 1, 2002
finally watched the flash random games

flash is really good at bw, had some trouble executing at the highest level at off-race unit control but everything else was ridiculous & even there, he out controlled in the pvp he won to a disgusting degree even though the cameraman failed to show it, and he had some really smart/good play in the zvz vs queen where he put himself in a winning position and then lost from underestimating what queen could/would do

bw is a complex game and I hope we see more flash random or flash focusing on one off-race at a time

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 6, 2020

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
ASL Season 10 is starting next Sunday, if you didn't know already, or forgot

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Finally some english casted Brood War, there was also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwvhVib5LI Artosis vs. Scarlett showmatch recently. Pretty good matches IMO

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Been looking at the maps at Liquipedia:
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/2020_AfreecaTV_Starleague_Season_10#Maps

Looks like Plasma is going to be "the weird map" this tournament (that's a lot of eggs).
Although Optimizer has two geysers in the main, which will probably result in some unusal strategies as well.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Has Plasma been used recently? The map page says it was used back in 2008 then abandoned, but I remember some games being played on it, and I don't feel like the memory is from 12 years ago.

Also that showmatch was really good, thanks!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

those show matches with Scarlett have been fun to watch, nice to see an SC2 pro make the transition to BW

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

oh yay leta's back, i hope tasteless shits on him during his matches again

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007

Nostalgamus posted:

Been looking at the maps at Liquipedia:
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/2020_AfreecaTV_Starleague_Season_10#Maps

Looks like Plasma is going to be "the weird map" this tournament (that's a lot of eggs).
Although Optimizer has two geysers in the main, which will probably result in some unusal strategies as well.

Hopefully the double gas helps with muta play because that map is looking pretty open and flat. :zerg:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Loiku posted:

Hopefully the double gas helps with muta play because that map is looking pretty open and flat. :zerg:

lots of zerg in the league so we will certainly see before long

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY1mnqH-oh0
So much for Tier lists.

Don't miss game 4.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6U4mpWiPR0
Winner's match is great.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Yeah, strong recommendation for that one. All the later matches were pretty good.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Scout! :siren:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

god drat the winner's match for day 2 was sick

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Yeah that was one of the best broodwar games i've seen in ages.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Ultra impressed with the protoss in that game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wtf a good zvz :eyepop:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

no mask on ShiNe, based and redpilled

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Oh god, the second gas steal.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Nostalgamus posted:

Oh god, the second gas steal.

The observer zooming in on this made me laugh irl

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
They're either late on uploading it to youtube or it got deleted due to music again, but here is group D from today: http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/61805092

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

That day 2 tan dress on the interview lady unfffffff

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

wtf a good zvz :eyepop:

yeah, that was really cool. some nice rushes too so far, kind of fun to have some quick and dirty games in the mix.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

actual footage of the rush Royal attempted against Mini

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006

Heavy_D posted:

actual footage of the rush Royal attempted against Mini

hahaha

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was gonna root for larva but he chose iggy azalea as his entry song so now i have to root against him

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Did I hear right that larva is currently 25 years old?!

Holy poo poo even in 2018 when he was really staking his claim and had that full head of sexy bleachesd streamer hair I thought he was in his mid 30s.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

beast vs sharp lmfaooooooooo

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
What a sad day for Sharp omg

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Pure best of 1s is an awful format.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I love the deep satisfaction in Artosis' voice whenever a pro player makes a mistake that he also makes. 'See, even the best players make this mistake!'

AtillatheBum posted:

Pure best of 1s is an awful format.

Yes.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Bo1 is ok for a first round imo, it weeds out the worst players quickly while still giving a chance for upsets against higher tier players who get sloppy. I’m glad they don’t do the whole tournament that way but it has its place. What KSL was it where we had to sit through three games of Modesty vs Leta?

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
I was ok with the first 2 sets being a Bo1 to seed the winner's and loser's match but the last series just highlighted how terrible pure Bo1s is. There is a difference between sloppy and a timing mistake of seconds that can literally cost you an entire tournament run.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just downloaded brood war and it runs like poo poo. Audio stutters and repeats, and all the campaign triggers hang up the game for about 2 seconds. I ran this game on a computer 25 years ago, wtf

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
did you know Blizzard is still balance patching Warcraft 3? I thought Tastosis was just taking the piss. incredible.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I'm sure that nobody who was involved with the actual classic War3 development and patches have anything to do with the changes they are making today.

Has anybody queued for 1v1 ladder recently? Is anyone playing?

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
JyJ vs Queen were some really fun games to watch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Final set is great too.