Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I remember some positive buzz about this game in Imp Zone a little while back and it looks pretty cool. Anyone had a chance to try the beta? I set it to download in rest mode before I left for work and am excited to get home and give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

imp waiting for the special imp zone beta keys we were promised

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i don't know what it is but i'm downloading it now, thanks OP

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think the servers are down or something because I got kicked out of the lobby and then got told "matchmaking is not ready" whenever I tried rejoining a game. But I got in a match of the 1 v 1 duel mode before it did and really enjoyed it. I think I'm picking this one up when it comes out.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This territory control metagame stuff is basically EndWar's multiplayer mode... Sick

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I only played the first beta and liked it a lot because there's actually a lot of depth and mind games going on in the 1v1 combat like in regular old fighting games and the setting is neat.

In the end though the constant ring outs in the duel modes made me grumpy since a fight could be ended on the very first move in a bunch of maps, and on top of that the game is full of weird f2p grinding and loot crate stuff even though it's a full game. Not just cosmetics too because the gear carries stats.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The gear stuff is weird because the effects seem so incredibly minor that it may as well be cosmetic, which makes me wonder why they didn't just make it all literally cosmetic.

Anyway the server issue didn't last very long so I got to play some more and I think I'm hooked. Duel mode is still my favorite but deathmatch is a lot of fun, too. I wasn't crazy about the zone control mode but I only played one match where I had a lovely team that just scattered to the wind so we could all be picked off one-by-one by the enemy team who was working in groups of two and three so I'll have to give it another shot in hopes of a competent team.

If I didn't have to go to work today I probably would have played all night lol

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its like the stupid mans virtua fighter

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ubisoft is going to give this game major aids

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Ubisoft is going to give this game major aids

it seems like something that could have been nice if it wasnt for this

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

imp waiting for the special imp zone beta keys we were promised

this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

I only played the first beta and liked it a lot because there's actually a lot of depth and mind games going on in the 1v1 combat like in regular old fighting games and the setting is neat.

In the end though the constant ring outs in the duel modes made me grumpy since a fight could be ended on the very first move in a bunch of maps, and on top of that the game is full of weird f2p grinding and loot crate stuff even though it's a full game. Not just cosmetics too because the gear carries stats.

ahh ubisoft

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
this game seems pretty awesome in the smaller duel modes

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
For Honor’s accidental alt-right connection

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Gimbal's Game!

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
open beta is 84% download 'd

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

heres the deal if you play it you are infected with the ultra poewerful strain of ubisoft brand french megafail adis

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKQs9FRq20o

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

heres the deal if you play it you are infected with the ultra poewerful strain of ubisoft brand french megafail adis

i.. , i aids

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
did the tute' now cant even start amatch. dropped

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think the servers are down or something because I got kicked out of the lobby and then got told "matchmaking is not ready" whenever I tried rejoining a game. But I got in a match of the 1 v 1 duel mode before it did and really enjoyed it. I think I'm picking this one up when it comes out.

this probably

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the controls still feel funky after playing for a while, but it's a cool game. no way im buying it though, unless nier and zelda both somehow end up being terrible, in which case i'd rather just kill myself than resort to Uplay

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

HolePisser1982 posted:

the controls still feel funky after playing for a while, but it's a cool game. no way im buying it though, unless nier and zelda both somehow end up being terrible, in which case i'd rather just kill myself than resort to Uplay

you can play game of the year Nioh instead

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i did some 2v2 brawls with a buddy and every time a player dropped they would be replaced with a viking ai that would stunlock and kill me in 3 hits

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm surprised there aren't thousands of videos out there of streamers getting pwned by their brains via freudian slip like there are for news anchors and stuff.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
the blocking/attacking left right or high mechanic is stupid. it feels restrictive, like you have to focus on the enemies indicator the whole time. if it were more like souls, then they might have something. game looks nice enough.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I finally realized what this game kind of reminds me of:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Why is that monster wielding a crowbar?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'd rather wait for Mount and Blade Bannerlord OP

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I finally realized what this game kind of reminds me of:

The gas mask tells you everything you need to know

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That game seriously broke my heart, I was in middle school when Battlefront 1/2 came out and I was really obsessed with the idea of a LOTR: Battlefront game, to the point of filling half a math notebook with doodles of what the different classes would be, mounts (vehicles), hero mechanics, what the different maps/modes would be and how they'd be laid out etc. Then half a decade later the actual Battlefront dev team released a LOTR: Battlefront game and, unbelievably enough, it was awful. My middle school math notebook was almost entirely better ideas/maps- like you can't even fly around the maps on one of those fellbeasts (Sad!) It was all deeply demoralizing but I still platted it because I felt like I had to. Afterwards I thought a lot about how such an innocent adolescent desire as a LOTR: Battlefront game could eventually be conceived in reality in such a twisted form, as if my earnest heartfelt wishing was noticed by some sort of malevolent demiurge which turned it all on its head and spawned it just to mock and spite me. I started really questioning reality and my place in it, and I guess that was what eventually led me to take the Red Pill.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember saying to my friends that DICE should pick up the Battlefront series when Pandemic shuttered in 2009, too... Whoops. Sorry

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You are the cause of all this.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember saying to my friends that DICE should pick up the Battlefront series when Pandemic shuttered in 2009, too... Whoops. Sorry

We all stray from the path from time to time.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

'ey doughey what's your favourite pizza toppings?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This game seems like it won't be much fun without a full party and AFAIK no one I know, IRL or on here, is getting it at launch so I dunno...

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This game seems like it won't be much fun without a full party and AFAIK no one I know, IRL or on here, is getting it at launch so I dunno...

Yeah it's definitely fun but seems like it's only good if you have a group of friends to play with. Seeing as I'm in Asia now and all my friends are in the US it makes it a hard sell for me personally.

Loved the combat too :smith:.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was hopeful for a new Chivalry-type game but this really doesn't look good. The screen is so busy and there are so many icons and indicators and flashing bits and the animations look canned and stiff.

if someone could quote this post and say "For Honor: not for you" that would be great. thanks

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I still hope they can iron out the kinks and make this good because a team-based Bushido Blade-esque game sounds fun as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was hopeful for a new Chivalry-type game but this really doesn't look good. The screen is so busy and there are so many icons and indicators and flashing bits and the animations look canned and stiff.

if someone could quote this post and say "For Honor: not for you" that would be great. thanks

Done.

• Locked thread