Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I really don't care for how the different heroes aren't locked to their specific factions, I went into this expecting Knights vs Samurai/Samurai vs Vikings/Vikings vs Knights, and instead it's just Whoever vs Bleh. Even the different faction grunts look the same. There's no real aesthetic cohesion from a gameplay perspective, which is particularly unfortunate since the art and sound design are easily this game's strongest asset. If each faction has their own hero for each of the four main roles why not force people to play that specific faction's hero and mix things up a little each match instead of letting them pick one main character and using them exclusively? I feel like I'm overthinking this but... :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pirates, vikings, knights

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tao of lmao posted:

I still hope they can iron out the kinks and make this good because a team-based Bushido Blade-esque game sounds fun as heck.

Nioh's combat + team based PVP would own so hard.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
This is $60 game, with a Season Pass, and a system where you buy Game Time to boost your XP and get more loot, and micro transactions for loot boxes that affect in game stats . :discourse:

frank.club posted:

Ubisoft is going to give this game major aids

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nitevision posted:

This is $60 game, with a Season Pass, and a system where you buy Game Time to boost your XP and get more loot, and micro transactions for loot boxes that affect in game stats . :discourse:

The season pass includes loot boxes.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice, I like my terminal diseases bundled together

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Nitevision posted:

This is how every single shooter game is now. Cool to see this spreading to other genres

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Part of the reason I love Titanfall 2 so deeply is because it's the only big budget FPS game in the last couple of years that doesn't do any of that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Part of the reason I love Titanfall 2 so deeply is because it's the only big budget FPS game in the last couple of years that doesn't do any of that.

They're adding a new mode to the next patch and its Clan Arena rules. With 2 new maps specific to that mode. Whenever it gets updated Im gonna hop back in and play more TF2 again.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
watched this on a stream for a bit. the combat seems kind of cool, but the story campaign the guy was playing was insanely bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally checked this game out and it looks likes pure AIDS. The gameplay is bushido blade but with UI telling you constntly what the other person is doing so its pointless, and then padded with a million levels of microtransactions, seasons, menus, etc.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

In Training posted:

I finally checked this game out and it looks likes pure AIDS. The gameplay is bushido blade but with UI telling you constntly what the other person is doing so its pointless, and then padded with a million levels of microtransactions, seasons, menus, etc.

one positive is that i uninstalled the beta after an hour of play, and then installed dark souls and started a new game

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I dont think it has any real lifespan, like everything is pretty easily reactable and theres no real mixup outside feints which are also reactable?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

Sounds like an Ubisoft game, for sure.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
is it esport

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
4 on her

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

i'm seeing double here.. 4 on her! lol

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I like the game but it seems to make a lot of people irrationally angry when they lose.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

I like the game but it seems to make a lot of people irrationally angry when they lose.

thats every game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't get angry when I lose.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

doughvakiin posted:

i'm seeing double here.. 4 on her! lol

Lol.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

satanic splash-back posted:

I am particularly prone to this so I think I'll keep my distance.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Yams Fan
I think it's a pretty cool game to watch, if both players know what they are doing (and some funny/insightful commentary). So exactly like a fighting game.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't get angry when I lose.

I don't lose when I'm angry.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

And I'm never angry.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I ended up getting it with a friend and I like it.

It still very much is a game that's just cool with a ton of flaws keeping it from being very good though. I'm still mad the 2v2 duel arenas have ringouts cause thats just not much fun.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I don't mind the ring-outs when it's just something that happens if a fight moves close to a ledge but when a 1 v 1 duel starts a round with both of you on a bridge with no railing and you know that the round is just going to whoever can tap square twice faster than the other guy it's really annoying.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game is filled with so much indefensible ubishit garbage but I can't stop playing it.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
For Boner

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Me, sending this game to Conor Oberst's home address for his 37th birthday last week: For Conor.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I don't understand.

Edit: Oh now I get it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its what I wrote on the wrapping paper.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

net cafe scandal posted: