Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm desperately trying to remember why I dropped Judge.

EDIT: OH RIGHT TO PICK UP CHRIS loving OWINGS LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Reynolds, Carpenter, Miggy all available for trade for a top line pitcher or other. Don't need 3 1st basemen

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

Reynolds, Carpenter, Miggy all available for trade for a top line pitcher or other. Don't need 3 1st basemen

I have a bunch of pitchers, shoot me a trade.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

I have a bunch of pitchers, shoot me a trade.

I don't know what your team name is anymore :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
All my hold guys are now closers.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Meanwhile all of my pitchers are bad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

I don't know what your team name is anymore :(

I'm Buck Showalter

jabro posted:

All my hold guys are now closers.

Hell, same

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
(•_•)
<) )╯J
/ \

\(•_•)
( (> D
/ \

(•_•)
<) )> Martinez
/ \

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hey so I could use a closer if any ya'll wanna trade one? I'm The Assman.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey so I could use a closer if any ya'll wanna trade one? I'm The Assman.

Are you willing to trade Harper before he runs into a wall in a multiplayer deal?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Anyone want Kinsler? I need a pitcher.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Godammit I swear I'm not intentionally benching good pitchers. Yahoo needs to make it clearer when guys are starting.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I was in first place at one point. Now I cannot beat the unmanaged team whose owner hasn't logged in since May. Sad!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Playoffs have begun! I've locked the teams that didn't make it from making add/drops. Better luck next year!

xdistak has won best regular season record, and $20. Congrats!

Reminder, the payouts are:

coronaball posted:

OK We will do Teemu's original 150/50/20, + 20 for 1st place idea. that gives a little bonus to the best overall record and keeps the 3rd place game somewhat interesting.

Let's go!

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003
I'm a huge faggot who needs to learn that money can't solve all of life's problems.
Thanks! I don't even know what to do during this bye week nonsense...

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My team was v bad but I did my best to try to run out the string. Would definitely do this league again next year if you guys who didn't quit want to

e: if so, maybe next time do SV+H and add a 5th cat (K/BB? QS?)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
[quote="“Teemu Pokemon”" post="“476300350”"]
My team was v bad but I did my best to try to run out the string. Would definitely do this league again next year if you guys who didn’t quit want to

e: if so, maybe next time do SV+H and add a 5th cat (K/BB? QS?)
[/quote]

I'd be all for combining saves and holds, adding K/BB, and replacing W with QS.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So not that it really matters for my cellar-dwelling team but apparently I can't drop anybody to activate guys off the DL. I realize rosters locked but that seems like it's not the intention of said feature, could the commish possibly dump Inciarte and Zimmer from my team so I can activate Gyorko and maybe Harper?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

So not that it really matters for my cellar-dwelling team but apparently I can't drop anybody to activate guys off the DL. I realize rosters locked but that seems like it's not the intention of said feature, could the commish possibly dump Inciarte and Zimmer from my team so I can activate Gyorko and maybe Harper?

This is a redraft league and you didn't make the playoffs. Your season has concluded.

I'll be joining you in elimination-land shortly since I'm getting ripped 11-0. I'm not so tough without Rhys Hoskins hitting a dong per day.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

This is a redraft league and you didn't make the playoffs. Your season has concluded.

But... My Pride!

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003
I'm a huge faggot who needs to learn that money can't solve all of life's problems.
Great season everybody! I look forward to defending the crown next year and definitely down to discuss changes to the scoring cats. Thanks again for a fun and competitive year.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
:yeah:

I'd definitely be game for returning next year. Particularly if I medal again and get cash money.

I wish my team wouldn't have faced Judge and Trout in the finals though. Oof.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Well no money for me, but my team wasn't very good anyway so it's a miracle I even got 4th.

If I have this straight, the winners are:

1. xdistak $150
2. mentholmoose $50
3. dewey7788 $20

PM me with your paypal or Wallet address and I'll send you your prizes.

I'd definitely like to do this again next year. We can talk about different scoring cats in the spring. I'm looking forward to not thinking about baseball for a few months and focusing on my lovely football lineups!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think my team should have done better but my pitching was a complete loving mess and I probably drafted more for AVG than OBP?

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003

mentholmoose posted:

:yeah:

I'd definitely be game for returning next year. Particularly if I medal again and get cash money.

I wish my team wouldn't have faced Judge and Trout in the finals though. Oof.

Good game. I probably should have renamed my team "Judge and Trout" by like April...

...and to whoever dropped Judge early in the season: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was undone by weeks upon weeks of you fuckers putting up 15+ dingers on me. One of you stopped looking at your team and had only 6 guys starting and those 6 combined for 22 HRs. Missed the playoffs by .5 points.

With that being said this was fun and I want to do it again next year!! Let's utterly destroy the concept of wins for a starting pitcher and replace it with quality starts. I'd also like to see saves and holds combine into one category instead of rostering both saves and hold guys all year which wasn't very fun even though that's how I was beating a lot of teams with elite closers. Maybe combine OBP and Slugging to make up for losing a pitching cat.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

xdistak posted:

...and to whoever dropped Judge early in the season: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

That was loving me. OF ALL PEOPLE.

DAIRY KING
May 15, 2011

A DEO REX, A REGE LAC
wow, I suck

xdistak
Jul 8, 2003
When we drafting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

xdistak posted:

When we drafting?

I'll make a new thread and restart the league when Yahoo unfucks itself.

• Locked thread