Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I was on board from the jump, but episode 4 is when it started really connecting with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
It seems nuts that they played their hand and had the 50s-style flashback sequence as early as, what, the second or third ep?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I could have used an entire season of that. Archie gets bumped on the head in season 5 and goes into 50s comic land.

Honestly, all the actors could pull off the comics of that era perfectly. Just goes to show how well cast it is on multiple levels.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
(I didn't read any of this thread ever and just finished the poo poo)

Holy poo poo.

not only am I blown away by the quality of the show, the entire ending is nuts.

99% of shows I've watched would have ended with ep12 as the cliffhanger finale. It answers all the questions, and it finishes a really solid arc in a great way. If the show had ended at episode 12, I may still have given it at 10/10. Maybe that's personal weakness. Maybe, accounting for bias, I would/should have given it an 8/10. But then I watched episode 13. I'm spitting this into two spoilers, for no other reason than that, if you didn't watch ep 13 yet, go loving watch it! Episode 13 blows everything away. Firstly, it does a thing where the first like, 6 cuts could all have served as a stinger on ep12 and finished the season. And right as you're about to say "Oh, so they just lacked confidence on how to end the show and put every attempt into the finale", you couldn't be more wrong.

This show is about learning right from wrong, and when it's hard choice, learning to make the right one. And if the right choice was obvious, none of this would have happened.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Snak posted:

(I didn't read any of this thread ever and just finished the poo poo)

Holy poo poo.

not only am I blown away by the quality of the show, the entire ending is nuts.

99% of shows I've watched would have ended with ep12 as the cliffhanger finale. It answers all the questions, and it finishes a really solid arc in a great way. If the show had ended at episode 12, I may still have given it at 10/10. Maybe that's personal weakness. Maybe, accounting for bias, I would/should have given it an 8/10. But then I watched episode 13. I'm spitting this into two spoilers, for no other reason than that, if you didn't watch ep 13 yet, go loving watch it! Episode 13 blows everything away. Firstly, it does a thing where the first like, 6 cuts could all have served as a stinger on ep12 and finished the season. And right as you're about to say "Oh, so they just lacked confidence on how to end the show and put every attempt into the finale", you couldn't be more wrong.

This show is about learning right from wrong, and when it's hard choice, learning to make the right one. And if the right choice was obvious, none of this would have happened.

Exactly. When I saw ep12, I was like "well, that wraps everything up nicely; why is there another episode?"

But then it happened and it was great.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Episode 13 exists to show you that all our heroes, and Archie, are going to go through Some poo poo next year (and please don't be put off by the fact that we have a full season order).

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

My favorite part of episode 13 is just how much of it is "here's the consequences of the truth and how the town is COMPLETELY ignoring responsibility"

So goddamn good

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Here's a glimpse at next season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWZcMWsdk0

vvv Thanks, this one should stay up I assume.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 22, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This video has been removed by the user.

Rude.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Maybe it's just the introduction music, but that narration at the start sounds weirdly joyful.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still don't understand why Frank Castle shot Archie's dad or why he was shaking down Pop's diner.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I love everything about that trailer.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

What the gently caress happened to Cheryl's mom! Aaaaaaaaaaa

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

hope and vaseline posted:

What the gently caress happened to Cheryl's mom! Aaaaaaaaaaa

Cheryl burned down their house. Maybe her mom tried to go back in for some reason.

Oh maybe Cheryl becomes a pyromaniac and sets her mom on fire, which would be even more amazing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
She really did become Blaze Blossom

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Jamesman posted:

Cheryl burned down their house. Maybe her mom tried to go back in for some reason.

Oh maybe Cheryl becomes a pyromaniac and sets her mom on fire, which would be even more amazing.

Or that's not her mother ! Although it's not the kind of eyes-only Invisible Man bandages where you can pull that off.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Not sure what's more red, Mama Blossom's burns or Archie's fresh dye job.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Q: Cheryl, why'd you burn the poo poo out of your mom?!

A:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/897618336556646404

:crossarms:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sugarman? The X-Men villain? Is this gonna be a crossover event?

New (short) trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9gi444g9k

ARCHIE'S GOT A BAT! AND A GUN!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JethroMcB posted:

ARCHIE'S GOT A BAT! AND A GUN!

This will actually be a loose adaption of Archie meets the Punisher where they are the same person in an internal conflict.
"It all started in that park! I told them to be there. They both wanted a date so I had no choice. But then the robbers came. They are dead and it's all because of me! Crime must be pu... shed away.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 18, 2017

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/910433422203543553

Sabrina the Teenage Witch Series in Development at CW From ‘Riverdale’ Team

quote:

The potential series would be based on the Archie Comics series “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,” which reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult, and witchcraft. The series is described as being tonally in the vein of horror classics like “Rosemary’s Baby” and “The Exorcist,” and will see Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family, and the daylight world humans inhabit.

[...]

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, chief creative officer of Archie Comics, will serve as writer and executive producer on “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.” Lee Toland Krieger, who has directed multiple episodes of “Riverdale,” will direct and executive produce.

:unsmigghh:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So. In.

Super curious to see if this retains the period setting. And if Betty and Veronica can still show up in it as witches, and if so whether they'll use the Riverdale actresses. It'd be super confusing for general audiences if they did, though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

So. In.

Super curious to see if this retains the period setting. And if Betty and Veronica can still show up in it as witches, and if so whether they'll use the Riverdale actresses. It'd be super confusing for general audiences if they did, though.

More confusing that if they used different actresses?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I still think that we'll meet Sabrina in this season of Riverdale, and that the new show will run on the same timeline (focusing on the supernatural world unseen in Riverdale).

Now then, how often will that lead to "Why didn't Sabrina use magic to solve X on Riverdale?" :shrug:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm glad to hear Sabrina is set to be its own thing rather than cropping up in Riverdale. Please don't bring magic into my grounded, realistic over-the-top soap opera about high school kids getting caught up in the world of real estate swindles, small town gang wars and the maple syrup export business being used as a front for heroin trafficking

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'd rather Sabrina be in Riverdale than have her own show, but this could be fun. I imagine they'll do a backdoor pilot of some kind to establish her, anyway.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

esperterra posted:

I'd rather Sabrina be in Riverdale than have her own show, but this could be fun. I imagine they'll do a backdoor pilot of some kind to establish her, anyway.

Why in 2017 would anyone assume the two shows wouldn't be in a shared universe?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Why in 2017 would anyone assume the two shows wouldn't be in a shared universe?

Especially on CW. I wasn't implying they wouldn't be shared, just that Sabrina will show up on RD first to establish her poo poo.

tbh the idea of a shared Archie universe is precisely why I don't want Sabrina to get her own show. I like Riverdale a lot, but enough to invest in two shows ...? Eh.

We'll see how her show is, I guess.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Don't screw this up CW.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

esperterra posted:

Especially on CW. I wasn't implying they wouldn't be shared, just that Sabrina will show up on RD first to establish her poo poo.

tbh the idea of a shared Archie universe is precisely why I don't want Sabrina to get her own show. I like Riverdale a lot, but enough to invest in two shows ...? Eh.

We'll see how her show is, I guess.

So, is Riverdale The Arrow or The Flash? Would a Josie and the Pussycats spin-off be their Legends of Tomorrow? Obviously, Sabrina would be Constantine.
A Betty and Veronica spin-off would be Supergirl, but we aren't going to get that.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
A super dark Sabrina sounds great! I hope they use the same crappy animatronic cat. They'd better not recast the aunts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People need to get the gently caress over their attachment to the old show.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
KJ Apa fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car after a 16-hour workday. He's alright, but this has prompted the Riverdale actors to raise a huge fuss about working long hours and being expected to transport themselves to and from set.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Rhyno posted:

People need to get the gently caress over their attachment to the old show.

I was being sarcastic. The old show was terrible.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

SEX BURRITO posted:

I was being sarcastic. The old show was terrible.

It was a treasure. How could you not laugh at the ridiculous Salem puppet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spergatory posted:

KJ Apa fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car after a 16-hour workday. He's alright, but this has prompted the Riverdale actors to raise a huge fuss about working long hours and being expected to transport themselves to and from set.

All Vancouver productions are bad about that. On Smallville back in the day the whole supporting cast got together and forced the producers to hire a driver for Tom Welling because of the long hours on set and the long hours home from set because Welling had to be there for pretty much all of it and also had similar problems with exhaustion. I'm no fan of Welling at all, but to hear Michael Rosenbaum tell the story that dude went through hell the first few seasons on that show. Rosenbaum has a Youtube show where he interviews people and him and Welling talked about it in depth last week.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 22, 2017

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Not a lot, but here's a new season teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RlXu_tYeY

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spergatory posted:

This is like an ignored chain email becoming true to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
It just broke that Betty's long-lost brother Chic is coming back to town in season two.

• Locked thread