Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

OOC Thread
Influence Sheet

Editor's Note: Just like our previous on-going title, every issue of S.I.G.M.A. Squad will come packaged with a free soundtrack CD. We hope you enjoy it!

Issue #1: Write An Essay on Justice!

BGM: Lazy School Days

The last few days hasn't exactly been kind to any of you. Sure, you managed to stop a rampaging, mutant beast monster, save an important figure to the city, and uncover signs of a greater conspiracy, but you've also caused quite a bit of property damage. A lot, actually, and the academy administration isn't exactly happy over how much damage you've caused. You're lucky enough to get off with just a warning this time!

On the bright side, you've managed to finish your team registration forms, and now you're a official Jr. Hero Team! Woo! Now the only thing left to do is to wait for your assigned supervisor, and the S.I.G.M.A. Squad should be good to go!

While you're waiting for your supervisor, you notice a booklet on your desk. The title of the booklet reads "Collateral Damage and You: Ways to Avoid Destroying a Whole City Block." Do you think they're trying to tell you something?

You hear the class door open, and in walks a man a blond-haired man who is very familiar to some of you.

His name is Scope, a hero known for being supernaturally accurate with his shots. He's also known for being a bit of a hard-rear end who will work you to the bone, and you're lucky to have him as your supervisor. Hooray?

"Hey," he speaks, "Name's Scope, and I'm here to make sure you kids stay out of trouble. I'll be the one assigning you field work, and making sure you're all properly trained to handle whatever threat comes your way. Don't expect me to go easy on any of you just because you're a bunch of inexperienced rookies."

"Your team leader, by a strong majority, is Dynamic Savior: Phoenix," He turns his attention to Phoenix, and says, "Good luck leading this group, missy, you'll need it."

"Anyways, I hope you all didn't have anything planned for today, seeing as how I have a mission already lined up for you all," Huh, that was fast, "There's trouble brewing over at Rat Street, and I need you all to check it out, and engage any threats you see with caution. I'll be watching you from the side-lines, and evaluating you all on how well you perform as a team, so don't mess up."

He turns to leave, but before he does, he stops and turns back to you, and says, "Oh, and one more thing; please try to keep damage to a minumum this time."

---

When you all arrive at Rat Street, you're greeted by a scene of chaos and destruction. Most of the stores have been busted up, windows have been shattered, and a few things happen to be on fire right now. Who could be responsibile for causing so much mayham!?

Oh.

Oh, no.

It's the Blood Moon Senshi!

BGM: Daughters of Chaos

The Blood Moon Senshi are a gang of ex-magical girls who were all tired of being the good guys, and decided, for one reason or another, to rebel against the system, which usually means beating the heck out of anybody who pisses them off.

From left to right;

Aqua might not be the most physically intimidating, but she makes up for it by being a genius when it comes to inflicting pain. She's already thought of 20 different ways to make you hurt.

Volt is the muscle. Getting punched in the face sucks, but you know what sucks even more? Being punched by a fist that's been charged up with 100 volts of electricty. Trust me, it's not pretty.

Firefly doesn't say much, but she really knows how to heat things up. Literally. Quick, and deadly, you better watch yourself around her, or else you'll get burned.

Glitter Heart is the leader of the bunch, and while she may not be the smartest, strongest, or quickest, she makes up for it by being the most vicious and sadistic of the lot. You better watch out for Heart Spiral Beam attack!

What the heck are they doing here, and why are they smashing everything up? Whatever, there'll be time for questions later! You'll need to stop them before they cause anymore damage! Good luck, heroes!

Everyone

How have your characters been dealing with the stress of the last few days? Are you confident in your ability to work as a team? How do you all feel about your new responsibilites?

What do you do?

Dynamic Savior: Phoenix

Wow, they all voted for you as leader, huh? How do you feel being made the leader of this group of misfits? Is this something you think you can handle? I hope you're not feeling too pressured!

What do you do?

Lucky Ted

So, uh, things almost got a little... violent with PointMan earlier, but someone managed to intervene before things got too heated. What happened? Are you worried that he might be a big problem for you in the future? Does it really matter now? You got important hero work to do, and it's time to show everybody what you're really made of!

What do you do?

Rave

Ugh, can you believe this? You've saved the day, and instead of getting the praise you deserve, you've been scolded and forced to sit through lectures just because you happen to break a few things. Can these terrans be anymore ungrateful? You're obviously the superior being around here, and it might be time to show them how superior you really are!

What do you do?

White Emperor Runaway

Oh, boy. Of all the people, of all the staff members, of all the teachers, it had to be Scope, didn't it? Worse yet, he's been giving you a really nasty glare this whole time, gulp. Do you think it's going to cause a lot of problems for you? Also, how do you feel about "hero duty" being added to your growing list of responsibilities?

Please make your Obligations roll before you post!

What do you do?

Lyrebird

You've been getting a lot of bad press from that whole incident with the beast, mostly from a certain nasty media outlet. How're you dealing with it? Also, how do you feel about Phoenix being the leader, and not you? Do you think you could do a better job if given the chance?

What do you do?

Jacob

Are you frikkin SERIOUS!? These girls are supposed to be about "smashing the system," but here they are, smashing up Rat Street, and hurting innocent civilians instead. What the heck are they trying to accomplish, anyways, other than pissing you off?

What do you do?

Team

Does the leader has Influence over every teammate: No (+0)

Does everyone has the same purpose in the fight: Yes (+1)

Does any team member mistrust the leader or the team: No (+0)

Is your team is ill-prepared or off-balance: No (-0)

You start with 3 Team

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Freak: -1 | Danger: +0 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Rat Street

Honestly, it didn't even surprise him much when Scope walked into the classroom. After ending up on a team with two and a half telepaths, Nikolai figured that fate must have it out for him, so why expect anything but the worst? Scope seemed to keep things professional, but every time the hero's eyes swept the group they lingered on Nikolai for just a second too long. What could the Bruskina family have done to deserve this level of animosity? Despite spending a good deal of effort researching Scope's past, Nikolai had not found any information that would explain what the hell his problem was. Well, heroes don't whine, so Nikolai tried to keep his thoughts and expression neutral as Scope lectured.

The last few days had been… awkward. While the rest of the team actually fought the strange monster they encounter, he had grabbed the target of the attack and ran away. It wasn’t like anyone accused him of cowardice. There were a dozen reasons why what he had done was the best option – he had no way to attack the monster at range, the team could fight better without having to defend an unconscious civilian, getting Emila out of her car let the psychics use it as a giant boulder, etc. But still, when he regrouped with the team and they were bloodied, victorious, and getting chewed out for busting the poo poo out of the mall, Nikolai couldn’t help but feel like he bailed on them.

His Fa- Her Fa- The old man always said, “Personal guilt is worthless. If you feel like you’ve failed, work harder for success next time.” And Nikolai always ended up going back to his advice when he felt lost. In retrospect, he had kind of gone crazy with studying and training. Up an hour early to practice fencing, to bed an hour late getting homework finished. It was purely luck that no trouble arose with his other obligations, letting him fully dedicate his free time to heroic scholastics. The end result was that on the day of the patrol, his mind was utterly focused (and buzzed to it’s limit with caffeine). He might crash tomorrow, but today he was at his sharpest. The fight today was not one he would flee from.

------

It actually wasn’t. Sure, the Blood Moon Senshi weren’t to be underestimated, but they were a lot less frightening then a car-sized super-wolf. White Emperor let his hands fall to the hilt of his sword, but didn’t draw it. Scope was watching; SIGMA Squad didn’t need to just win the fight, they needed to show they could act as a coordinated team. He turned towards the squad leader, “Captain,” He didn’t know why called Phoenix that, it just felt right for the situation, “how do we engage?” He turned back towards the wrecked Rat Street. He braced for the music that he knew Rave was about to start beaming into his head. This would be the first victory of many.

Runaway was giddy. How could she not be? This time she wasn’t going to carry some knocked-out doctor halfway across town while listening to her team wreck a whole shopping district – right now she was going to bring Actual Villains to Justice! Not even Scope could ruin this! She’d show that bastard what ‘Nikolai’ could do.

Focus, focus. Celebrating the victory comes after winning the fight. Who looked the strongest of the Senshi? Probably the biggest one, that was always a safe best.

She tried looking for weaknesses on the smug schoolgirl’s face, but nothing stuck out. She couldn’t keep her eyes focused, they flickered ceaselessly between the villains, the sword resting at her side, and her new teammates. Maybe she’d had a bit too much coffee?

Rolls posted:

Scrree Let's see if Judith has managed to hold things together!
10:22 Scrree !r 2d6+3
10:22 Krysmbot Scrree, 7+3 = 10
-----
Scrree Runaway Pierces the Mask of Volt!
14:20 Scrree !r 2d6+3
14:20 Krysmbot Scrree, 3+3 = 6

Taking a +1 to Assess rolls for this scene as the benefit for keeping up with obligations. Completely failing at piercing Volt's mask, and marking potential.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 12, 2017

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

Freak +0 | Danger -1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2
Potential: 0 / 5 | Conditions: Clear | Location: New Arcadia Hero Training Academy

Dynamic Savior: Phoenix sat in the front row of the class, her brilliant pink and white uniform standing out garishly against the relatively muted colors of the classroom. As empty as the classroom was, they all had their choice of seats. For her part, she chose to sit right in the front row, though off to one side to be nearer to the window. It was another beautiful day in New Arcadia, after all, filled with bright light and a pleasant breeze that set the trees outside to gently swaying, and idyllic enough scene that someone had left the windows open. That was generally frowned on to keep the flying kids from taking “shortcuts” to class along the outside of the building.

At the sound of the door opening, she turned her head away from the window, curious to see who the school board had assigned to the S.I.G.M.A. Squad (a name she took some pride in suggesting, it was like she was already helping the team develop!). She blinked behind the tinted visor of her helmet when Scope entered the room, a small sour note flitting across her emotional spectrum. She took gym with White Emperor, after all, and she’d seen how their sometimes substitute treated him. She couldn’t help but wonder if he’d pulled some strings to take this post.

Besides, she had a small prejudice against heroes like Scope and Pointman. Pro-military tacticool guys in black? They were effective in the field, sure, but they had no respect for heroic tradition … if it weren’t for the Treaty of Vermont limiting a government’s ability to field superhumans in the armed forces she doubted they’d even be heroes. She had this private theory that Scope’s story was a lot like Lucky Ted’s, where someone decided he was just too good not to be superhuman and knocked him out of his career path of choice.

Whoops, he was looking her way!

“Thank you, Sir! It’s an honor to be selected, and I’ll do my best!” she said, bounding to her feet reflexively and clenching a fist over her heart, nodding her head slightly each time she emphasized a word.

Aaaaah! A mission already!? They hadn’t had time to run drills, or discuss bylaws, or anything! Well, Evil waits for no man, which is why Justice has to be ever-vigilant, right? At least they all knew how their powers worked, heroes of old had been thrown unprepared into even worse situations. She had faith in her team, all they had to do was win!

“You heard the man, Team! S.I.G.M.A. Squad:” she paused a moment turning at the hip a drawing an arm across her chest, slashing it forward to point at the door, “Move out!”

-- --- --
-- --- --

“Okay…” Dynamic Phoenix said, regarding the four Senshi and their rampage through Rat Street. Something seemed very wrong about this to her. The four former magical girls might have turned their backs on their calling, but this kind of random chaos served nothing. Maybe they were trying to draw someone out? A former comrade? Whatever had empowered them?

Or maybe they’d just gotten blitzed on something and were taking their frustrations out on whatever was convenient. This was the problem with super powers, even minor personal failings could turn into major scenes.

“This looks like a pretty straight forward rampage.” She opined, noting the lack of particular hostages, imperiled citizenry, or loot, “So, we’ll take it by the numbers.”

“Rave, I need you to use your powers to try and isolate the battlefield. We don’t want anyone stumbling into this battle, and we need someone ready to cut off their retreat.” She said, deciding the flying alien was in the best position to respond to sudden developments.

“Lyre Bird, I want you to hang back at first and provide a tactical appraisal. I trust your judgement, and it’ll give you a chance to see all the powers in play before moving in.”

“I’m going to try and open the lines of communication, see if we can’t determine the stakes of the fight. Jacob, Lucky Ted, and White Emperor, you’re with me. We need to present enough of a force that they’ll want a moment to measure us up in return, but be sure to spread out. If they think they can get us all with one attack, they’ll take the opportunity.”

“If it comes to a fight, I want White Emperor to square off with Volt.” She says with a slight nod, “Jacob, the Senshi’s strength has always been their team work, I’m relying on you to disrupt that by keeping Aqua preoccupied. I’ll use my speed to keep Firefly boxed in. Lucky Ted, that leaves Glitter Heart to you, stay in close and keep the pressure on, don’t give her an opportunity to use her ranged magic.”

“All agreed?” she asked, putting a hand in the middle of their huddle.

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 11, 2017

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Hero Academy

Sun-hi was not in the best of moods. Not because of the team — that was fine — but she had Googled herself that morning (as was her custom) and not liked what she saw. "Psychotic Teens and Alien Friend Wreck City" had been the headline. It was on the second page of results, but still. It had taken a truly heroic effort of will to not dive into the comment section cesspit to set people straight, but she'd settled for giving an accurate version of events on her blog. With a few subtle jabs against shoddy journalism thrown in for good measure.

She was still stewing internally when their advisor came in. Scope, huh? He'd been kind of a hardass the few times Lyrebird had been in his PE class, but that suited her just fine. An extra push to do better was never wrong, especially not for some of the bozos on this team. Lyrebird almost looked forward to giving Scope the after-action report — free and clear of collateral damage, obviously.

Oh, except she wouldn't be giving him the report, at least not directly. Jennifer would. Because she was in charge, and that was fine. No problem. Good, even! No issue with taking the second best option if the team was more comfortable with that. It was fine. Not the best. But fine. Nooo problem.

A mission already, though? Not even a team-building exercise first or anything? Well, at least it would be a reliable way to get her mind off of everything else.

---
---

So. They were fighting the Blood Moon Senshi? Small-time thugs who couldn't take the pressure of having responsibility. This would be a breeze, as long as Dynamic Phoenix didn't mess up the battle plan...

And Lyrebird was assigned to tactical appraisal? That was... actually a pretty decent choice, and probably what she'd have herself doing if she had been the leader. Which she wasn't. So she'd just have to be the best drat team player anyone had ever seen. She was going to win this cooperation thing. Step one, follow orders.

"Agreed," she said, putting her hand on top of Jennifer's. And took the opportunity to copy her powers while she was at it. Lyrebird wasn't entirely comfortable wearing the Dynamic Savior brand, but she wanted an ace up her sleeve in case one of the villains targeted her — suddenly morphing into Dynamic Knockoff should do the trick, if it came to that.

---

Breathe deep.

For all the powers Sun-hi had tried, she'd never experienced one that was even half as useful as simple focus. Compartmentalization. Dealing with what was important, when it was important, and leaving everything else for later. Breathe.

Irritation and doubt and anxiety and fear and everything faded to the back of her mind where it belonged. She had work to do.

Open up your senses.

Some telepaths could look deep inside your mind and drag out your darkest secrets and deepest fears, no matter what you were doing or thinking at the time. Lyrebird couldn't. She'd tried, training with Fowleri, but she just didn't have the psychic oomph to get through to the deeper layers.

You could do a lot with just the surface, though, if you knew how to separate the wheat from the chaff. And that she could do.

Focus. Find intent, not words. Instinct, not reason.

Too many minds to keep track of them all, with the crowd, the team, and the villains. But she only needed to care about four- no, nine. Should keep an "eye" on the team too, just in case. Wouldn't want them making a bad call.

Now, which one of these sad-sack Senshi was the most likely to ruin the plan...?

---

Rolls posted:

[23:13.06] <Auraboks> Assessing the situation:
[23:13.08] <Auraboks> !r 2d6+2
[23:13.09] <Krysmbot> Auraboks, 6+2 = 8

What here is the biggest threat?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +3 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Rat Street

Stress is for people who can't get busy, I'm (almost) a proper superhero now I have no time for worrying about it! That last fight and subsiquent week long dressing down highlighted some very large problems in my skill set, mainly that hitting things with bats doesn't work if the moment you get near your opponent you will get turned into mince because they are a roided up psyker beast and way stronger then you. So, I've been practicing pitching and batting balls at things. Thought about picking up some other ranged weapons as well when I have the chance, but that's mostly just details. What matters is we beat the beast and no one was hurt, shops can be easily rebuilt but people cannot. And the team worked together, and stuck together, which was even more important even if I think we got given the hardest hardass (well maybe the second hardest hard rear end next to Senor Tango) in the entire school on purpose.

What I was also doing in the meantime was trying to find anything and everything I could get about project FENRIR, since I was the one guy whose schedule was probably the most flexible out of all of us. And apart from what was in the official history books everything that I could find was everything I already knew, and everything else I tried finding like mysterious disappearances; missing persons reports, unexplained fires, the sort of thing you'd look for when you are trying to find out when this project was getting steam turned up no leads. There was not so much as an advert on a milk carton. But big old psychic monsters don't just turn up overnight surely, there must have been something I wasn't seeing.

So I thought 'Well okay maybe I am not asking the right people or looking in the right places.' So I goes up to Pointman since he might have some idea on it and I was pretty sure he was in one of his (very few and far between) 'good' moods today and ask him 'Yo buddy you have access to the Omega Squad databases right? Ya got anything on FENRI-' and then I think he punched me on reflex which is why I am currently sporting bandages on my jaw. So I crossed that possible lead off of my list, or thought about it, maybe by mentioning it I pushed a button or something? But why? Omega had nothing to do with FENRIR, and neither does Pointman.

Doesn't he?

---

Meanwhile in the present, more important matters need seeing to.

Magic users. Now that was on kind of enemy that was either really easy to fight, or nearly impossible to defeat. And it all depended on the one singular idea 'Can you get the drop of them'. He listened to the plan put forth by Pheonix, seemed as if throwing down was what the plan was going to entail, that he had the fortune (or misfortune depending on how you look at it) of taking on the leader. Ted stretched himself out and rested his bat across his shoulders as he looked at his teammates.

"Well boys you heard the boss, let's mosy." And with Phoenix and the Gang approaching the gang now was the time to get a closer look. Phoenix was right, rebellious teenage villainy is one thing but this kind of random destructive violence seems like a stretch even for these clowns. Lucky Ted's burgeoning sixth sense was beginning to squawk.

22:16 TheNabster Lucky Ted wants your seeeeeecrets. +2 Mundane
22:16 TheNabster !r 2d6+2
22:16 Krysmbot TheNabster, 5+2 = 7

>What are you really planning?

I'll additionally spend 1 Team point to assist White Emperor.

As he started eyeing up the opposition, he nudged White Emperor with his elbow and subtly motioned to the party. "Something's not quite right about these girls and I can't quite put my finger on it, can you feel it Nikolai?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Danger: 0 | Freak: 0 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Stress? gently caress stress. I ain't ever stressed about anything in my life. (Well, except for- No. gently caress you. I haven't.) Even with all the poo poo this school throws at us, I'm smart enough to know it doesn't matter. Homework? Tests? This "Hero Team"? Nah. I take life at my own pace. Even if people try to force me to match theirs.

I look down at my desk and find some passive-aggressive book there. A pamphlet on the how-to's of handling collateral damage? Really? Haven't you people lectured us enough already?

"Hmph."

I let out an annoyed grunt and tilt my head dismissively at the dumb little thing. And then I extend my arm out, pick it up telekinetically, and chuck it out the window. I don't need your drat book. Then, once my desk is free of that trash, I plop myself down in my chair, lean back, and wait for the next round of school-mandated bullshit to start.

It doesn't take long. After just a little bit, some dude named Scope comes in and introduces himself. Oh, great, a military type. Jokes on him though if he think he can actually turn me into a little cadet. He does look like he'll be a pain in the rear end though.

And then I look at everyone else. My so-called "team". S.I.G.M.A Squad. God, I can't believe I'm on a frickin' acronym team. I actually almost regret not being a part of that discussion. But what do you expect? I don't even have a hero name myself! But man, couldn't it have been something else? I mean- there was that one article... it called us, like- "Psychotic Teens and Alien Friend"! That's kinda sick, actually.

Maybe that could be our name. Or my name. I could just come in tomorrow wearing a t-shirt that says "Psychotic Teen" on it. It'd totally be rad, in that like- ironic trash aesthetic way. And it'd be pretty dumb too, Jacob. Who are you even kidding?

...Fine.

---

Oh, son of a bitch.

They trashed Rat Street. They trashed my Rat Street! Look at all this poo poo they did! They hosed up the cheap Japanese restaurant! That place owned! They hosed up the record store! That place was legit as gently caress! They hosed up the vape shop! Actually that place was full of assholes they kinda deserved it. But STILL!

And... from the looks of it, it looks like there's something else going on. There's some fresh graffiti in spots where there wasn't the last time I was here. A whole bunch of bright magical symbols or something It's definitely got something to do with the Senshi... but hell if I know what. I don't care anyway. I'm gonna kick these girls's asses before they can even THINK of doing whatever they're doing. Well, except for wreck the place...

Phoenix is going on about some plan, but I'm not paying attention. Who could right now, though? Look at everything's that's wrong with Rat Street right now! You want me to do some team huddle instead of paying attention to that? No thanks.

"We could do that." I give Jen a monotone reply, actively signalling my disinterest. "Or... we could just do this."

"HEY ASSHOLES!" I shout at the top of my lungs, giving the rogue magical girls my meanest glare. I channel all the anger going through me at them, becoming like some kind of revenge-fueled conduit on behalf of all the people of Rat Street. "STOP loving UP RAT STREET!"

"You!" I point at Glitter Heart, the one in charge and thus obviously the one most responsible for this poo poo. "Glitter FART! Why don't you actually pick a fight with someone that can actually fight back instead of just loving up these stores, huh?!"

"Come on!" I flip her off in what probably isn't the most heroic display. "I'll kick your rear end!"

<Takanago> Jacob taunts and provokes ~Glitter Heart~
<Takanago> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 6+2 = 8
I'm gonna provoke GH to stop wrecking stuff and FIGHT ME instead.

I'm also gonna spend Team to act selfishly by ignoring the plan, and shift Savior up and Mundane down. And since I have Team? What Team? that allows me to mark potential. Super cool efficient use of team here. :cool:

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Several things happened very fast.

Ted asked him a question, Lyrebird got a fierce look on her face, Phoenix laid out a plan that was simple, diplomatic, and effective.

And Jacob blew it up in seconds.

"Something's not quite right with our team, Ted." White Emperor said too soft for the others to hear, "No, you're right, this is strange, be wary." His voice rose to a level the rest of the team could hear, "As planned, I'll tag Volt ." And with that he started to walk away from the group, clearing distance in case of a magical attack. If Jacob's antics bothered him, he didn't show it in his voice, and no one could see his expression beneath the black helmet.

-----

Ahahahahaha holy poo poo Jacob.

She was so glad no one could see her face because, despite her best efforts, the stupid grin that came out at the words Glitter Fart was not fading away. Oh my god, the Jacob she met talking about anime just dropped that line? She had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing.

The tense energy thrumming through her body had relaxed after her team's display of... teamwork. Runaway felt steadier. She had a set duel with the big girl, Volt, and took the moment of stunned silence that followed Jacob's challenge to appraise her. Would Volt snicker at the Glitter Fart joke? Get angry over it? Villainous groups were notoriously fractured, so how much did these Senshi actually care about each other?

Using the team point from Ted to bump my failed Pierce the Mask on Volt to a 7, and asking 'How could I get your character to lose faith in Glitter Heart as a leader' by gauging her reaction to Jacob's challenge.

Question: Does Volt count as a 'Terrible Enemy' I can set as my Game Face target?

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

Potential: 0 / 5 | Conditions: Clear | Location: Rat Street

For a moment, Jennifer had almost dared to hope.

For the last few days, the team’s battle with the Cerberus Macrovirus had been preying on her mind. She couldn’t afford to only concern herself with results, she’d been training for a fight like that since she was a child after all. It never should have gotten as out of control as it did. So, she’d been going over it again and again in her head, trying to figure out where she’d gone wrong. Because, of course, the fault had to be with her. Where she couldn’t find comforting answers, she settled for drills, trying to improve herself as a fighter.

Then, the team had elected her field leader. It had felt good, if a little scary. It was a symbolic gesture that the team had faith in her, that they trusted her. Sure, it hadn’t been unanimous, but the competition had been pretty fierce the way she saw it, even a narrow majority would’ve been telling. Of course, it was also more people relying on her as well, more hands resting on her shoulder and pressing her forward into the maw of battle. The Dynamic Armor hugged her form closely, but somehow she felt awfully small within it. The familiar nagging feeling in her gut stirred, the same plain, impossible truth that she’d been forced to swallow for years.

No matter what happened, she couldn’t fail. Not even once, or people would be hurt, and it would be her fault.

"HEY ASSHOLES!"

And then her heart froze in her chest, looking over her shoulder at where Jacob was roaring for the attention of the quartet of rogue senshi. She couldn’t hate Jacob for wearing his heart on his sleeve, for reacting so strongly to some blatant injustice. However, if he had a plan beyond getting them all blown to tiny pieces, she’d have really appreciated being let in on it.

SCATTER!” she shouted, sweeping her hand to reemphasize that they couldn’t bunch up in a fight against the Blood Moon Senshi. The Dynamic Metal suffusing her body reacted to her urgency, super-charging her reactions as she twisted and sprinted out of the huddle in a rush.

[22:47] <JusticeGrieves> Dynamic Savior: Phoenix tries to Defend Jacob from the repercussions of his actions
[22:47] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 9+2 = 11
I keep him safe and add a Team to the pool.

For all her speed, Jennifer still had the physical power of a 5’4” girl. Scooping him up and jumping clear was outside of her abilities. Still, the pink blur of Dynamic Savior: Phoenix caught hold of him, using her momentum to break his contact with the ground and dragged him out of the line of fire and down into a side alley as the Blood Moon Senshi’s retort came.

“Of all of them, you had to antagonize the sadist, didn’t you?”

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Danger:-1, Freak:+2, Savior:+0, Superior:+2, Mundane:+0
Potential:0/5, Conditions:None, Location:Rat Street

These pamphlets were fairly adorable, I must admit. Passive-aggression seemed to be something that many Terran authorities considered an inexorable part of maintaining control. It was, of course, unwarranted. the Macro-Virus had dealt most of the damage - be that as it may that Jacob may have lead it to doing that on purpose, one could hardly believe the clearly biased publication that circulated around this city in an attempt to paint us as some sort of outlandish group of hooligans.

We only had the one hooligan, after all.

Regardless, the Terran authority man known as Scope (which, as I have learned is also an oral rinse product) proceeded to lecture us and then send us into the field, which seems peculiar in retrospect but then Terran thought processes always operated in the wrong order. At least the understanding that Jennifer would be actively coordinating was a well-understood one - I had no desire for such a thing and I still felt something of a upward twitch of my exterior mouth part - the lips, at the thought that Sun-hi would not get what she wanted. I believe it is referred to as a smirk.

When we arrived at the apparently aptly named Rat Street - (though I was not currently visually processing any small furred rodentia) - (though that was likely due to the amount of carnage that had already been wrought) - I was positively glowing with daylight. Much like a terrestrial prism. I made sure not to blind any of my teammates overmuch, but a small amount could hardly be helped. Coran physiology was complicated but if they were capable of understanding the spectrum of lights I was giving off it would be similar to amusement.

These four individuals would be simple enough to dispose of. Though Jennifer's request that I spend my talents making sure nothing else was destroyed was hardly the best use of them. Still - I'd allow her her time in the sun, such as it was.

Oh but first I had to Set the mood mentally.

Then I took to the air and let my bio luminescence expand outward and solidify. A barrier of light fell like a curtain, separating my teammates and our quarry from the rest of the city block. If all went well, it would be nearly impenetrable.

<LifeGetsWorser> well then, rolling freak to set up a barrier
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 6+2 = 8

Tell me how it's unstable!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 12, 2017

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Wait, what the hell?! One moment I'm staring down those assholes, then one moment I'm... not?! It all happens in a weird, pink blur. By the time I start to notice what's going on, I'm being dragged away into some alley by... Phoenix?!

“Of all of them, you had to antagonize the sadist, didn’t you?”

"I'll antagonize who I WANT to, OKAY?!" I yell at her, with my voice still kind of at 'gently caress You' levels of anger. I can kind of feel my blood still kind of boiling from yelling at the Senshi. It takes a little bit for stuff like that to go away, and getting suddenly dragged away like that certainly doesn't help.

I tear myself out Phoenix grasp, and give her a mean glare. It's that's not too different from the one I gave them. "What's your frickin' problem, huh?! What makes you think you can just grab me like that?"

Takanago fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 13, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Lucky Ted

quote:

>What are you really planning?

These girls might be wild and unpredictable, but random destruction is not part of their usual M.O. It's starting to feel like they're trying to draw someone out, someone who might have made the mistake of really pissing them off, and that someone might be hiding somewhere in Rat Street.

You're pretty sure that might be the case when you hear Glitter Heart yell, "WHERE IS THAT [censored] [censored] [censored]!? WHEN I FIND HIM, I'M GOING TO [censored] AND THEN [censored] UNTIL HE'S [censored] OUT OF HIS [censored]!" Followed by a string of profanities that would make even Jacob blush.

Speaking of Jacob, it seems like your hotheaded teammate has gotten their attention now. So much for getting the drop on them. You watch as the Senshi split up to take on your teammates, and before you had a chance to do anything, Firefly appears in front of you, almost in a blur. She points her spiked bat at you, like she's challenging you.

What do you do?

Jacob

Well, you got what you want. The Senshis stop what they're doing, and turn to face you. Glitter Heart's face is practically boiling red from your insult, "What did you call me, YOU [censored] PUNK-rear end BITCH!?" She shouts back at you, with just as much angeR (maybe a little more), "You got a [censored] deathwish, huh!? If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll [censored] get, you [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]!!! BLOOD MOON SENSHI! LET'S BEAT THESE PUNKS UP!"

BGM: Blood Moon Senshi Attack!

"HEART [censored] SPIRAL [censored] ATTACK!" She returns your flip off gesture with one of her own, except when she did it, she fires a glittery, spiral beam with a heart in the middle aimed directly at you. The beam misses you, thanks to Phoenix, and it ends up hitting the stall behind you instead. BOOM! The entire stall explodes into tiny fragments as the beam hits it. It's a good thing that wasn't you that got hit!

Well, you got her attention now, and she's firing multiple beams at your direction.

What do you do?

That uh, could have gone a lot better. You had a solid plan going on before Jacob threw a monkey wrench into your plans. Now the Senshi are onto you, your team are slightly scattered, and there's a really angry ex-magical girl throwing explosive blasts at you and Jacob. How do you plan to get yourself out of this mess?

What do you do?

White Emperor

quote:

How could I get Volt to lose faith in Glitter Heart as a leader' by gauging her reaction to Jacob's challenge.

You see Volt stifle a laugh when she hears Jacob's comment. Apparently she's the only one who thought it was funny. Glitter Heart shoots Volt a nasty look, and Volt responds by shrugging and rolling her eyes at her leader. You get the feeling that Volt might not be into her leader's "plan" as the rest of them are, and she's only doing this out of obligation to her gang. If you can convince her how stupid and pointless this whole thing is, there's a chance she might turn on her own leader. Maybe.

Speaking of Volt, you see her making her way to you, "Hey," she says, with a casual wave, "Nice sword ya got there! Hope ya know how ta use it." She goes into a boxing stance, and says, "Come on, let's do this!" before charging her fists with electricity.

What do you do?

Lyrebird

quote:

What here is the biggest threat?

By far, the most dangerous one is Glitter Heart. She's unstable, unpredictable, and filled with frothing rage. She's angry about something, REALLY angry, and she's ready to smash up everything in her way until she gets to what she feels wronged her.

You soon notice little water droplets floating above you, and soon, those water droplets form into little ice spikes, aimed directly at you. In front of you stands Aqua, who says, "Sorry, hun, I hate to do this to someone as cute as you are."

What do you do?

Rave

The shield was a good idea! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it'll hold for very long, and it doesn't look very sturdy either. A few stray magic blasts would probably shatter it, so you're going to have to deal with this problem fast while the barrier holds.

It looks like the Senshi are too busy engaging your other teammates, giving you the perfect opportunity to get the drop on one of them. Oh, and is that your best friend Lyrebird in trouble? I'm sure she'd really appreciate it if her bff saves her from trouble! Or do you think your Best Friend will be totally fine on her own?

What do you do?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 13, 2017

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Phoenix took a step away from Jacob as he turned his anger full-bore on her, a pang of pain at the earnest rejection of her help. As if to highlight why she’d felt the need to draw him out of the line of fire though, the first beam hit home and smashed a stall into sawdust with a massive explosion.

“We can argue about it later,” she said, turning her face away from Jacob and grinding her teeth under her helmet as pulverized pavement and bits of painted wood clattered onto Rat Street around them, “We need to take control of this fight!”

A light haze of pink light shimmered out from Dynamic Savior’s armor as the second blast of the series shattered the corner of the alley she was using for cover. Hopefully Lucky Ted would be alright for a moment, she had to take these energy blasts out of the equation while there was still a Rat Street left!.

[15:05] <JusticeGrieves> Dynamic Phoenix tries to take the fight to Glitter Heart
[15:05] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+2
[15:05] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 8+2 = 10

Engulfed in a flash of light that made the details of her armor difficult to make out, Phoenix dashed out into the street. There was too much distance for her to cover before Glitter Heart got off another shot. A blur of spiraling gold and pink filled her vision.

“TSUT!” and she jumped high, a magical explosion rising behind her as she raised her hands out like the wings of a bird, riding the explosion forward.

“HA!” Seeing another burning, angry heart rising after her, she tucked into a forward roll in the air, just barely clearing the blast as it soared up into the sky. She moved into the descending arch, watching the gathering of twinkling light for yet another Heart Spiral Attack. With her attack vector locked in, it was only a question of speed: would the Dynamic Savior reach her target before they could finish charging another attack.

“AI-YAH!” and Jennifer came out of the tight ball with a double drop kick directly to the Senshi leader’s chest, the impact stumbling her backwards and breaking her stance as her arms flung wide, breaking the attack pose and harmlessly discharging the energy she’d gathered up. Dynamic Phoenix, for her part, used the impact to somersault backwards after connecting, landing on her feet with her split cape fluttering behind her.

“Rogue agent of the celestial realm, your rampage ends here!” she said, her body balanced low with one foot and fist extended forward with the back hand raised out and back like a scorpion’s tail. Normally, she’d take advantage of that brief pause to properly introduce herself, but now that the battle was on it felt like that moment had passed. She swept her back foot forward and flashed her white-gloved fist directly for the Senshi’s face. She had good reflexes, a hand snapping up to catch the fist, but Phoenix had been hiding a sharp kick to the flank behind that punch.

When the Senshi took a step back, Phoenix didn’t let up, a hopping inward kick chaining directly into an outside crescent as she kept the pressure on, not looking for a single put-down blow but refusing to give her foe a chance to gather up energy for any big attacks. Despite the open ground, she was determined to use her speed to make this a battle of hand to hand skills rather than magical power.

Dynamic Phoenix avoids Glitter Heart’s Blows, and Takes her ability to provide ranged support Away from her

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 13, 2017

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Ted quietly put a hand to his face "Ohhh god Jacob."

Well that could have certainly gone better as the partners pair up in totally the way they shouldn't have paired up. Phoenix was fighting the leader (And seemingly winning), Nikolai is fighting Volt, Sun-Li is fighting Aqua and that leaves.

"The Speedster" Ted said flatly as Firefly appeared in front of him, "Oh joy of joys."

Ted had the look of a man who was more annoyed with what had transpired then tense or nervous. Speedsters were, difficult to fight on normal footing perhaps even more so then most other kinds of meta-humans he has encountered so far. Ted adopted a batting stance in preparation for a fight (which in his heart of hearts was actually sort of looking forward to) and then... He couldn't stop thinking about Glitter Heart's overblown reaction in tearing apart Rat Street to look for, someone. I mean he had heard stories about the notoriously monkey touch sensitivity of the rogue magic girl boss, how she'd apparently once sent three men to the hospital and made a necklace out of their teeth for nearly bumping into her whilst she was crossing the street, but even this seemed excessively ultra-violent.

Ted maintained the batting stance but lowered the bat slightly. "You know your leader looks really upset about something miss and that's bothering me on a personal level that's killing the mood for me." He said, looking at the fuming sensei fight it out with their own leader, he returned the gaze to her. "You wanna just talk about what's got her all even more hot and bothered then usual for a moment? It's my job to listen to people's personal problems."

20:50 TheNabster Ted uses POLITE DIPLOMACY (Provoke on a +0)
20:50 TheNabster !r 2d6
20:50 Krysmbot TheNabster, 12 = 12
20:50 TheNabster Awww yeah!

"We can go back to having a proper bat on bat fight afterwards I promise."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 13, 2017

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?

Aaaaand Jacob ruined the plan before it's even started. Of course, he had to pick the worst one to taunt, too. They were trying to avoid collateral damage, not encourage it! Crazies like Glitter Heart were so much easier to handle when they were calm... Well, nothing to do but damage control.

Jacob, Jennifer: Don't provoke. Lyrebird sent the thought directly at them, hoping they could hear it over the noise Rave was making. Anger: familiar territory. Distract, confuse, or talk: create openings.

Lyrebird was about to add herself to the fight when...

"Sorry, hun, I hate to do this to someone as cute as you are."

...she had to face a psycho of her own. A multi-shot attack like those ice spike would be a problem, except... Aqua was a smart girl. She knew exactly where she wanted each of those icicles to end up. It was, in fact, at the forefront of her thoughts. And that meant Lyrebird knew, too.

Right eye, left cheek, left hand, left thigh, feint below, three in the gut, feint right, right eye again, left eye, anywhere on the face...

Each spike missed her by a fraction of an inch as Lyrebird moved the absolute minimum distance she needed in order to dodge. She caught herself moving in sync with the beat Rave was sending out and decided to roll with it, turning her dodges into something that wouldn't look too out of place on a dance floor. She was almost disappointed when the barrage ended a few seconds later.

Oh man, I hope that ends up on YouTub— no, focus! Fight now, show off after!

She dropped into a fighting stance and dodged — not as stylishly, but just as effectively — while dashing up to Aqua. A moment later, the magical girl found herself on the receiving end of a perfectly mundane backhand across the face.

Lyrebird took a step back. It hadn't been a particularly damaging hit, but it was painful, humiliating, and most importantly, it was physical contact. Dynamic Knockoff wouldn't be making an appearance today after all. Lyrebird allowed herself a suitably condescending smile as she called up some droplets of her own and froze them into golfball-sized pellets.

"Me, I try to avoid doing things I hate," she said. Her projectiles hung in the air, immobile. "Buuuut... I'm okay with this."

The pellets blasted off at Aqua.

---

Rolls posted:

[21:16.14] <Auraboks> Directly engaging Aqua:
[21:16.17] <Auraboks> !r 2d6-1
[21:16.17] <Krysmbot> Auraboks, 9-1 = 8

Choosing to resist or avoid her blows by some good ol' fashioned dance-dodging.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Potential:1/5, Conditions:None, Location:Rat Street

This is all very silly.

Discounting Jacob having a temper tantrum which in all honesty should have been predicted given the passive-aggression that the academy levied at us but most importantly at him as a result of his little game with the Macro Virus in the terran capitalism church, I mostly meant the apparent names of these four female terrans that were opposing us.

Am I to understand that limited lifeforms like Terrans are THIS limited? The four classical elements? STILL? Ridiculous. And given the stray thoughts picked up they at least once thought of themselves as 'magical', which, again, simply indicates using superstitions and nonsense to bask in ignorance of what could be a more enlightened understanding of the fundamental multi-dimensional underpinnings of the multi-faceted reality in which we all exist. It was absolutely ridiculous.

What was more ridiculous was that Sun-hi was still having trouble with her apparently assigned enemy. I felt insulted. I out of everyone had stuck to the plan and actually done something according to what the designated tactical mind had decided, though in retrospect that might have been unnecessary given that no one else was doing any of it, Jennifer included. And as a result I was apparently ignored. These ineptly backwards foes needed to increase their numbers so that they could be properly decimated in the face of true Coran potential.

Ah well. I could at least take away the danger to Sun-hi...and likely aggravate her in the attempt which was an added bonus. I lowered myself back to the flattened false stone ground that the Terrans for some reason insisted on laying down on top of normal stone ground, turning up the intensity of my bio-luminescence. At the same time I broadcasted directly into this...Aqua's mind. The mental equivalent of a shout.

<<FOOLISH TERRAN WORM, YOU HAVE UNDERESTIMATED YOUR TRUE FOE. I MASTER THESE HUMANS. NOW FACE ME OR SUFFER THE THOUSAND DEATHS OF LYSERCA>>

Lyserca was a system that opposed Coran rule for a mere thirty seven generations. We detonated their star in 1,000 different realities in protest. It was quite the spectacular explosion. But the important thing here was that the glare I was giving off, coupled with the mental needle I had inserted into the terran girl's mind along with my telepathic bravado, would cause her to miss her next volley. And strike whichever of her allies was closest. Displacement along with an impediment of aim - a simple if potent combination.

<LifeGetsWorser> provoking aqua
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 4+2 = 6
<LifeGetsWorser> wooooow krysmbot, wooow.
<LifeGetsWorser> I forgot to complain about failure first

...marking potential. Dang.

Yes, that's precisely what I would do...except I was busying myself by crushing her 486th chakra within my soul-teeth. You can't see it because you are a limited observer. Trust me, she will never ascend beyond a 26 dimensional entity now, regardless of however many eons she labors at it!

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 14, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: N/A | Location: Rat Street (Theme Song)

Oh, that was a good sign. In terms of which team was working together better, the Senshi were probably ahead since one of their own hadn't blown up their own battle plan, but small fissures lead to large openings and all that. Still, the question was - how to exploit it?

White Emperor answered Volt's wave with a stoic gaze, "I am White Emperor, son of the greatest hero of Europe. I swear that" he flourished his sword, "by the honor of my blood, you will never attain victory against us." With that, he crouched low into a psuedo-sprinter's stance. Under his breath he muttered, "And I suck at using this thing." He charged forward, his swordarm held back for an thrust.

Scrree: Runaway Embodies the Mask, substituting her +Danger for +Mundane.
Scrree: !r 2d6+3
Krysmbot: Scrree, 11+3 = 14
Scrree: Oh thank god

Volt had a wild grin on her face. This pompous foreigner was going to make such a big proclamation, and then just charge in like an idiot? Punching people who definitely deserved it always felt best. She held her place as he ran towards her. Right before the expected thrust came, she dodged to his left side, away from his sword, and - "What?"

The second she had moved, White Emperor had pivoted with her. He had stopped all of his forward momentum on a dime, and was now just outside of her reach. She tried to close distance again, but was forced back as he threw his sword at her. It clattered on the pavement behind her. This was all wrong! She was supposed to counter his attack, but now he was in her guard and she was the one caught flatfooted. White Emperor stepped in, and Volt instinctively guarded her face, fists crackling with electricity - "Woah!" She yelped as he grabbed her legs. "Woah! Woah! Hey, stop you---!" She yelled as he lifted her off the ground. Electricity surged through her body, but it was too late to stop what had already begun.

"Phoenix! Incoming!" White Emperor yelled as he hurled the girl towards her own leader. If Glitter Heart was irritated now, how would she feel after getting slammed with the human equivalent of an Electric Eel?

Directly Engaging Volt, and choosing impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition by predicting her every move, and taking team cohesion from her by throwing her into her boss.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 14, 2017

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

BOOM! As if to make me look like a loving idiot, a big, bright beam of light flies past where I was just standing and explodes the stall that used to be right behind me.

Well, gently caress. An unsteady feeling washes over me as I stare at the wreckage -- and at Phoenix. You really hosed that one up, huh, Jacob. I mean- maybe not with the first thing you did, but yelling at Jen? You just couldn't keep your feelings in check! You turned up your anger to provoke Glitter Heart, and then you couldn't turn it back down! Now you look like an ungrateful jackass.

"Tch!" I look down at the ground and make an annoyed noise at- well kind of everything! gently caress you. Don't blame me. Phoenix shouldn't have grabbed me like that, okay?! What did she expect?

"Grrrrr...!" I feel a lump of frustration ball up in my gut as I get caught up in all these- all these dumb thoughts. Get your head back in the loving game, Jacob! You're in the middle of a fight, remember?

poo poo!

I look back up, and very quickly jump to the side to dodge a magic beam that was very much heading right for me. Right, right. You just pissed off a mean-rear end mahou punk-o. Don't get your rear end murdered because you're too busy feeling bad! It's like Phoenix said, you can worry about that poo poo later. Even if that is kind of an excuse to not actually address anyth- Shut up.

Okay, but now what? It looks like Jen is taking care of the direct kicking Glitter Heart's rear end, so maybe I should just provoke her some more-

Another voice plants itself in my head. One a lot less familiar but also a lot less annoying to hear than my own. Lyrebird's: 'Jacob, Jennifer: Don't provoke. Anger: familiar territory. Distract, confuse, or talk: create openings.'

Oh. Don't provoke, huh? But it's working so well! Just look at how loving mad Glitter Heart is... What I should be doing is provoking her more, right? I mean- she IS busy fighting Phoenix. It's not like she could fire another big, giant magical exploding beam at me... Maybe.

And then suddenly, I hear White Emperor shout something. "Phoenix! Incoming!" My head snaps over in his direction and I see him... throwing Volt at them? poo poo! That's sick as hell!

Okay. Maybe all Glitter Heart needs is a quick distraction. And maybe a little insult added to injury.

"Hey! Glitter Fart!" I step forward and shout. But not so angry this time. "Pop Quiz! What's green, flies, and hits like a punk-rear end taser?!"

Spoiler alert. It's about to hit you in the loving back.

<Takanago> Jacob distracts Glitter Fart
<Takanago> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 6+2 = 8
As per Are You Watching Closely, I distract Glitter Heart and choose the following options:
-you get an opportunity
- you expose a weakness or flaw

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Lucky Ted

Firefly eyes you for a minute, before she sighs, and lowers her weapon. It looks like your words have managed to reach her.

Firefly marks Guilty.

She lowers her mask with a finger, revealing the large scar across her lips, and speaks in a soft voice, "...Pain... Heart is... in pain..." She glances at her leader, who is currently engaged with Phoenix, then back to you, her eyes filled with a mix of guilt and sadness, "...He hurt our friend... Heart's heart... Sent to... hospital..." She stares down at the gravel, before she continues speaking again, her words becoming more and more strained, "...Life support... We don't know... if she'll make it..."

"...Saw him... come here... Man in black... Man who hurt us... Man who hurt Rosa... His name..."

She looks back up at you, this time with a look of burning anger.

"Pointman."

Oh heck. Well, looks like you got your answer! Your favorite guy, Pointman, is the cause of all this somehow. What reason would he have to hurt the Senshi, and why would he be in Rat Street of all places? Have you noticed anything in his behavior lately that's been a bit... off (other than his reaction when you mentioned FENRIR)?

What do you do?

White Emperer, Dynamic Savior: Phoenix, Jacob Lawson

Glitter Heart, who is looking more and more visibly frustrated, is unable to keep up with Phoenix. "CAN ONE OF YOU [censored] GET OFF YOUR [censored] ASSES ALREADY AND GET THIS SENTAI WANNABEE [censored] OFF OF ME!?" Unfortuetly, the rest of her gang are currently pre-occupied and are unable to help her, which makes her even angrier. She's starting to look more like a volcano that's about to explode.

She, in all her rage, screams out, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" and manages to deliver a kick to Phoenix's mid-section, pushing Phoenix back, and giving Glitter Heart enough room to ready another blast. Before she could, though, she snaps to Jacob, and yells, "WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU [censored] TALKING ABOU-" before she's hit by the flying Volt, zapping her entire body with with a whole bunch of electricity. Ouch.

She collapses, smoke rising out of her twitching body. It doesn't look like she'll be getting up anytime soon, that's for sure.

What do you do?

Lyrebird

Your pellets hit Aqua, sending her flying back. She looks at you with a shocked expression on her face. How could you have dodged my perfectly planned attack!? Nobody's ever done that before! She thinks to herself.

After the initial shock wears off, she picks herself back, and now she's... smiling at you? "Impressive. Nobody's ever been able to dodge my ice spikes as perfectly as you just did. I knew I liked you for a reason, hun. It's almost a shame that I have to mess you up, now."

Water starts circling around Aqua, as her entire body starts to glow with magical energy. It looks like she's about to prepare herself for a big attack, but before she could pull whatever it was off, she's distracted by the sound of her leader being electrocuted by her own teammate. She turns to look at the scene, and sighs. She drops the spell she was casting, and says, "Nevermind. Looks like the fight's over now."

She walks over to you, and stands maybe a bit too close for your liking. "Sooo, now that we're not fighting anymore," she leans in closer to you, with a sly smile on her face, "Do you wanna ditch these losers and head to someplace fun?"

Oh God, is she actually hitting on you? She IS hitting on you!

What do you do?

Rave

Did she just... ignore you? She did! Can you believe the NERVE of this girl, ignoring a superior being like yourself! Who does she think she is!? She should be on her knees, trembling in fear over you!

Mark Angry

Are you going to take this insult?

What do you do?

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Ah! My hands! My arms! It's like a thousand needles poking me all at once! Touching electrified things sucks!

Okay, it passed, thank god. Situation check: Glitter Heart is down. Volt is down but not out. Firefly and Ted are talking. Aqua and Lyrebird are talking in a very friendly manner. Well. Think about that later. RAVE looks annoyed. Correction, more annoyed than usual.

Standard heroic procedure would be to physically subdue the villains as soon as possible, but.. that doesn't really feel appropriate here. Hm. Scope is watching us, too, yet...

The Old Man with the Bourbon posted:

The idea that your opponent today is necessarily your opponent tomorrow is foolish to the extreme. Treat your enemies with grace, and you won't have many. That's how I've gone so far in the world of law, and blah blah wha wha.

It might lose the team some points, but a lot of heroes are suckers for the sappy stuff, so if Scope tries to escalate it to a higher level she could defend herself with noble intentions. Yeah. This is a good idea that's definitely going to go well.

The second after White Emperor threw the electrified Volt he bent double, his fingers curled as if in great pain, but it passed quickly. He retrieved his sword off the pavement, and jogged towards the two downed Senshi. There was no hostility or urgency in his stance, and when he got within talking distance of Phoenix and Jacob he commented, "Funny how it was the plan maker and plan breaker working together that so vexed Glitter Heart to distraction. Teamwork always carries the day, right, comrades?"

He sheathed his sword and took off his helmet, his handsome face (and he knew it was handsome, such was the advantage of having seen it from a third-person and feminine perspective) glistened with sweat from the brief yet intense struggle with Volt. It was time to act again. "Your leader is down. The battle is over." He moved towards the electric Senshi, who was struggling to untangle herself from Glitter Heart, and offered her his hand in assistance, "Now it is time for peace, yes?"

Offering Volt a helping hand up, and because Runaway is an Excellent Judge of Character™, she figures she won't get stupidly shocked in her front of her teammates.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 18, 2017

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Ugh. I tilt my head back, roll my eyes at Nikolai's dumb comment. 'Plan Maker' and 'Plan Breaker'? Really? Is this how the team's going to act?

"Teamwork my rear end," I say, putting an annoyed edge at the end. "I was the one that made her lose her poo poo. That's kind of my 'thing,' remember?"

So take your dumb 'maybe the answer is in the middle' crap and shove it, alright? Give me some loving credit.

And then I look around at the hosed-up remains of Rat Street, and at my 'teammates' and the Senshi. "So the fight's over, huh?" As I look around, I pick up a bad feeling from over in Ted's and Firefly's direction. "The hell was that, anyway?"

I almost add a "What's your fuckin' problem?", directed at the Senshi but... something doesn't feel right.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 20, 2017

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Potential:1/5, Conditions:Angry, Location:Rat Street - - -> Upper Atmosphere

This entire...exercise was futile, it seems. The group's enemy had taken to infighting and clearly my assault was simply too advanced for this Aqua woman to comprehend. She would feel it in her consecutive lifetimes, assuredly, but for now she was...ignoring me entirely and apparently engaging in some sort of mating ritual with Sun-hi.

It appears I did have at least one lesson to learn at this academy, though it is doubtful that the lesson is the one that the faculty of the academy wished: teamwork is something that is without merit for one as advanced as I. In fact, I may as well have not come to this excursion to begin with.

So be it.

"Hmph." I vocalize and drop my light-barrier as I hop back into the sky and away from this ridiculous nonsense. You may have considered the somewhat harsh crimson glow I was giving off as frustration, and you would be correct - I have wasted enough time on Terran concerns for the day. I required sustenance and then I believe I would check in with The Bilröst's self-repairs. If it were not a comparatively brief moment within my own personal timeline I believe I would be starting to become quite annoyed with the delays that the flaws in the navigational system were causing. It is likely that I have missed at least a fifth of the Revian revel by now and everyone knew that if you didn't make it to a revel by at least a third of the way through there was really no sense in coming.

I wager I had roughly a decade, local time. So I had best get a move on. As I said though, at first, dinner.

I cut off the music as I departed - no point in keeping a psychic link established at a distance, such a thing would inevitably tax even me over time, which would require me to take in more light, and I was watching my photosynthetic intake - I found Terran sunlight went straight to my hips. Still, for now daylight was the best cure all - so I traveled up - the upper atmosphere should be more than sufficient for my needs. An hour of basking where the air was too thin to be bothered by any of my erstwhile "teammates" and I would be satisfied. Then I would return to The Bilröst.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 22, 2017

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Phoenix turned her head just enough so that it was apparently she was side-eying Jacob in response to White Emperor’s comment. Behind her helmet her expression was impossible to read, and the heady rush of endorphins was making her something of an erratic emotional read as well. Still, she looked away from Jacob and turned back to Glitter Heart as the exchange student helped the Senshi’s powerhouse back to her feet.

“Look at this place, her poo poo was lost way before we got here.” She said, kneeling down and checking the blonde’s vitals, examining her for burns in the process. She doubted that Volt had dialed up the current enough to cause lasting damage, but it was important to be sure. “You just gave her a place to focus it.”

And nearly got yourself blow up in the process, Genius, she added mentally. She sighed a bit, looking up at Volt.

“I’m going to have to take her in, you know.” She said, “They’re going to want to keep her contained until she cools down at the very least, and these damages aren’t just going to be ignored.”

“Honestly, it’d be best if you all came in and gave a statement, helped everyone make sense of what’s happened here.” She added, “You did good work once, and built up some good will. I’m sure they’ll be lenient if you make a gesture of contrition.”

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?

Aqua's unexpected (and unexpectedly unhostile) approach caught Sun-hi quite off guard. When the big finisher didn't come, she had been expecting some manner of defiant surrender, not... this.

"I... wha... huh?" she said.

Was she...? Oh no. She was. And Sun-hi didn't have a retort prepared for this situation.

God damnit Sun-hi! You knew this was going to happen eventually! You're adorable! Of course the villains are going to hit on you! And now you have to improvise! She really should have spent more time on that retort list Fowleri had her making. 'One for every situation,' he'd said. 'Pithy, but specific.'

"Uh... yeah, I know a great place, it's called jail? Which is where you're going," Sun-hi said, leaning away from Aqua in the clearest 'noooope' her body language could muster. Ugh, awful delivery. I hope nobody else heard that...

A quick glance around the battlefield showed that the rest of the team seemed to have the situation well in hand. Rave was taking off into the stratosphere for some reason, but that was probably just some smug alien post-battle ritual. 'Too advanced for puny humans to understand', or somesuch. She'd ask about it when Rave got back.

Lyrebird briedly considered dousing Aqua with some cold water, but decided against it. It would just look petty at this point. "Seriously though," she said. "Unless you've got some murders I don't know about under your belt, you'll just get a slap on the wrist and then they'll let you go. You guys aren't worth fancy custom cells, so... come quietly?"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Ah, I see."

Well, that sort of put a tin lid on it now didn't it? When he talked to Pointman earlier and got punched, he had assumed that he caught him at a bad time in which he didn't really want to have to deal with Lucky Ted. Come to think of it that was most of the time. But the way he was acting earlier, and the irritable, confrontational mood he seemed to be in lately, and now this new information that he just up and put someone into the hospital for, reasons?

That wasn't Pointman, that wasn't what Pointman would do. Pointman was a hardass no mistake, tough on criminals tough on crime is his mantra, but whilst roughing someone up in the name of justice on the way to the jail-cells is one thing, putting someone on touch and go life support was something else entirely. He seemed to be on edge and he's lashing out without warning, and now he's indirectly caused this mess with his actions. Pointman doesn't hit you unless he intends to hit you, Pointman is supposed to be cool, Pointman is supposed to be in control.

Something's not right here.

And now Ted was stuck with what he was supposed to be doing , he plumped for trying to be the good hero.

"And I... Fear not citizen! I will ermm. Errr. I mean your statement has been noted and will be used- No not that one either I err." He began flicking through a little book in his pocket desperately for things he is meant to say in this situation, rapidly realizing he is losing his target audience whilst he did this. "Come on I had these things written down somewhere."

He stammered out a few garbleb and confused sentences before he just gave up from the sheer embarrassment entirely.

"God I am the worst superhero."

20:37 TheNabster Lucky Ted provides moral support to a hardened criminal
20:37 TheNabster Mundane +2
20:38 TheNabster !r 2d6+2
20:38 Krysmbot TheNabster, 2+2 = 4
20:38 TheNabster Oh noooo

After an awkward moment, he puts away the book "Is this working for you at all?"

Shakes head

"Are you going to hit me now?"

Nod, brandish bat

"Okay but could we perhaps maybe avoid the face? Please?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 22, 2017

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Tch." I scowl and turn my back towards Phoenix. "So what?"

There's something about- something about the way she's talking to me that's really bothering me. I don't know what to call it but- I can definitely feel it crawling up my back and up my neck. I guess it's- the way she's acting like I didn't do poo poo. What, does going in first not count for anything anymore? Using my powers to get them to stop wrecking the place? Getting them to focus their attention on me? Is that all just dumb poo poo?

It was like this after the first mission, too. I guess I can't do anything right. Ugh.

"Whatever. I don't care."

That feeling on the back of the neck feels like it's saying otherwise, but- I don't give a poo poo about that either, okay?!

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

So,” she clarified, rising to her feet again, “Maybe we should figure out why instead of throwing gasoline onto an already volatile situation.”

She reached out a gloved hand for Jacob’s shoulder, stopping short just before touching him and drawing her hand back slightly. If he didn’t want her to touch him well … fine. That was fine.

“Come on Jacob, don’t twist this around on me. I’m not angry with you, I just want to see justice done for as many people as possible.”

Idly, Jennifer noticed the energy field that Rave had raised flicker and fade away. Great, Rave must have gotten bored with not being the center of attention and wandered off. Just leave everyone else with the cleanup and after care, right? Jennifer would’ve hoped that such a superior race would be better at seeing things through, but, of course the team’s petty concerns were beneath her notice.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Lucky Ted

You close your eyes, and brace yourself to get the ever-loving crap beaten out of you. A few seconds pass and... nothing happens. Maybe Firefly had a change of heart?

You open your eyes, and see Firefly with her back turned to you. She's looking at her fellow Senshi, all who have given up by now, with a sad look in her eyes. That sad look is soon replaced with one of frustration, and anger. "Tch...!"

"...Thank you... but... can't end... like this... Can't... not until..." She pulls her mask up, "I pay back the motherfucker who hurt us." And just like that, she's gone from your sight.

Well, great. Now you have a rogue magical girl who's still out for revenge on the loose, and it had to be the speedster. Do you blame yourself for her running off? And do you inform your team about the reason behind the Senshi's rampage?

What do you do?

White Emperor

Volt, who is still struggling to untangle herself from her slightly-charred leader, snaps at you, "Hey, I got a better idea! How about you GO FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," Her eyes go wide when she meets yours, and were her cheeks always this red? Anyways, it looks like she's not going to oppose your help anymore!

"...Yea, okay..." The now-docile Senshi takes your hand, and lifts herself up. She continues holding your hand even after she gets back on her feet. "O-oh! S-sorry!" She lets go after she realizes how long she'd been holding it for.

Boy, things sure got a little awkward, didn't they? At least it doesn't look like she's going to fight back anymore. Now if only she could stop staring at you with that goofy look on her face...

Awkward situations aside, you notice there's some... tension between Phoenix and Jacob. Do you think this is something you should involve yourself in before things get a little too heated?

What do you do?

Dyanimc Savior: Phoenix

Volt turns to you after you address her, "Lenient? Hah! That'll be a first!" she says, with some bitterness in her voice. "But yea," she looks around at the destruction they've caused, and then at their unconscious leader, "Maybe having a little time off'll help Heart cool down a little."

That's one problem taken care of, now onto the other one; Jacob. Ugh, what is with him? You practically saved him from his own stupid mistake, and he repays you back by yelling at you. Would it hurt him to be thankful for once? Why do you still bother with him? You try to help him, but he keeps slapping your hand away. What does he have against you?

What do you do?

Jacob Lawson

God. Would it KILL her to be appreciative for once? She could AT LEAST say, "Great job, Jacob! You did good work out there!" or something like that, but nah, she'd rather scold and lecture you. You keep putting your rear end on the line for them, but they keep treating you like poo poo! It's like you can't do anything right in their eyes! What the hell is their problem!? Why do they keep acting like it's always YOUR fault!? You always talk about "feelings," don't you think it's time to tell Phoenix how you really feel?

What do you do?

Lyrebird

Aqua, who's looking a little disappointed now, steps back a little from you, and raises up her hands, "Alright, alright. I get it." Phew, you could have come up with a better retort, but at least she got the message. "I think we'll be getting more than a "slap on the wrist," but yea, sure, whatever, we'll come along. I don't think any of us have any fight left in us anymore, anyways."

Alright, now that's taken care of, you should probably meet up with the rest of the team, and- Uh, hey, aren't there supposed to be 4 Senshis? Why do you only see 3? Wasn't Ted handling Firefly? You seem to be the only one who's noticed this so far.

What do you do?

Rave

Ahhhhh, this is just what you needed after that profound waste of your time. Seriously, why did they even bother bringing you along if they were just going to ignore you? You don't need them! Or... do you? You are far superior than any of them, after all, but is there a reason you're still sticking around with them? You're free to leave the team anytime you want, so... why haven't you? Why do you keep tolerating them? Is there more than what you might be admitting to yourself?

What do you do?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Potential:1/5, Conditions:Angry, Location:Upper Atmosphere

Hmmm, daylight. If there was one thing that this dimension was good at it was providing various forms of sustenance. It is unfortunate that your main form of illumination is such junk food, but it is quite abundant so one cannot complain for long.

I was practically swimming, right now. This truly hit the spot. The sky was likely turning a few dozen kiloverbs of yellows - yellow was a happy color, you see. I had it explained to me after my first supper here that it confused meteorologists - Terran meteorologists that is - that thought it was a second sunset somehow occurring. Human minds are so fragile, limited things. Why did I ever think I wanted to try and operate at their level?

I'd imagine it is for much the same reason that Corans keep Verads as pet creatures - they are much like Terran dogs, except, well, certainly more evolved than Terrans themselves. The team counted as a litter of Verad pups, I suppose. But I was not a mother Verad. These were not my charges. They were limited entities, they were beneath even our tributary species and pet entities - and they had IGNORED me. This was the the most sentient life form this dimension had to offer!?

Sadly, it appeared so, at least in local space. But a thought occurred to me, or rather, had occurred to me and caught up now that I was no longer light-deficient. The Dynamic Saviors (a ridiculously over-self-indulgent name if ever I had encountered one) had dealt with other extra-terrestrial life before me. Perhaps they would be more capable of understanding a more evolved perspective. Perhaps it was worth engaging in contact with these entities. One could not hope for actively peaceable conversation with the only other extra-dimensional lifeform (that being Orvan, as Revians, and especially Orvan, are prone to violent outbursts), so one must make do with limited, though perhaps less limited entities.

I streaked towards where I had stored the Bilröst - a parking garage in the place the Terrans referred to as "downtown" - it was currently disguised as a Tesla vehicle, which I took to understand was a relatively advanced model of personal transit. I could always visit other worlds - even if they were limited to three dimensions they may be at least more advanced than Terra. And if they were I could likely use them to speed the repair process of the Bilröst.

A trail of quickly purpling light was left in my wake across the sky. Doubtful that any of my "pups" would attach any true significance to it, so I didn't bother to hide it.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Jacob!!! You loving jerk! I was trying to lighten the mood, and keep your dumb rear end from getting scolded! Ugh. Phoenix is going to - to late, she just did. Welp. I tired to help, kinda.

Back to the subject at hand. Hah. Volt is accepting my --- Woah! That's a strong handshake! And some really strong blushing, and, and... Nikolai doesn't deserve this face. Or my way with words. Or basically anything in his life. Um. How to handle this. Just keep cool, and speak in a confident tone. gently caress. Speak in a confident tone about what!?! She hasn't let go of my hand yet! Okay, she just did, thank god. Now to speak about - something. Anything. Just, just improvise.

But seriously, he's really kind of flipping out at Phoenix. The Jacob I knew... Well, I guess I didn't know him that well, but for someone who seemed so into Rose Princess Noriko's message of 'believing in your own heart' he's really letting himself get riled up. What's going on with him?

Nikolai lifted Volt from the ground gently, a small smile on his lips. At Phoenix's statement, he muttered an agreement under his breath, "Yes, justice for all..." He tilted his head in a slightly troubled manner at Volt's reply, "I don't know what experience you have with the law, but I can say, confidently, that in this case -" his eyes swept the destroyed Rat Street, " with significant property damage, but no hostages, no injuries, and a quick stepping down after the allocated heroes show up, well, I believe that you may find the law quite lenient." He leaned a little closer, "Especially if one of the heroes goes out of their way to make a statement about your excellent cooperation. Which, Золотце мое, I might be able to do." He spoke huskily about the law.

He stepped back an inch, "But something I --- Something we need to know is the motive. Sure, the pizza is overpriced, but why destroy Rat Street? Some of our team" He nodded towards Jacob, 'have been natives to Arcadia their whole lives, and know the value this place provided. I myself only discovered it some months ago, of course, but even I understand it's not the kind of place you wreck up on a whim." Although he continued speaking to Volt, his cool eyes never left Jacob, searching for a reaction to his words, "What brought you - her -" He gestured towards Glitter Heart, "the Senshi to Rat Street with such a need to destroy?"

quote:

Scrree Runaway Pierces the Mast on Jerk-cob!
06:43 Scrree !r 2d6+3
06:43 Krysmbot Scrree, 7+3 = 10

My questions for Jacob are:

• what do you want me to do?

• how could I get your character to --- accept what happen in this fight as a personal victory, even if the authorities we serve disagree?

• how could I gain Influence over you?

Scrree fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 25, 2017

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?

So that was Aqua dealt with. White Emperor seemed to be managing Volt, and Jennifer and Jacob had Glitter Heart handled. Or maybe Jennifer was handling Jacob and Glitter Heart, but still. Situation under control.

That left Ted with... no one? Well, of course he hadn't been able to handle Firefly. They were an awful match-up, not his fault. No, this particular screw-up was Jacob's for setting the plan on fire.

And we were so close to a clean win!

But maybe it wasn't too late. Lyrebird might be able to track Firefly psychically, if she got a little boost to her powers first. Unfortunately, Rave was gone. Leaving Jacob as the only other psychic around. Well, at least she wouldn't have to ask for his help.

She hurried over to the rest of the team. Aqua, thankfully, came along without a fuss.

"Hey, stop squabbling," Sun-hi said, reaching up toward Jacob's face and briefly touching his cheek before he had time to wonder what she was doing. "Firefly's gone. I'm trying to find her, so be quiet for a moment..."

Close your eyes. Open your mind. You touched her psyche before, however briefly. You know what to look for...

Rolls posted:

[19:11.59] <Auraboks> Unleashing some powers to extend some senses to track a Firefly:
[19:12.02] <Auraboks> !r 2d6+1
[19:12.03] <Krysmbot> Auraboks, 5+1 = 6

Marking potential.

Nothing but noise. Emotional noise! Of course Jacob's powers would be as useless as the guy himself.

And why was everybody having so many feelings right now, anyway? Couldn't they just... save them for later? Some of this was definitely not mission appropriate! Just how amorous were these girls? With a shiver, Lyrebird pushed Jacob's powers away. That wasn't something she wanted to deal with.

"No good, she might be out of range. Phoenix, orders?" She highly doubted Jennifer would have a plan to find the missing Senshi, but drat it, Sun-hi was going to be a good subordinate anyway. The best subordinate, not that the competition was very stiff.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007

Potential: 1 / 5 | Conditions: Clear | Location: Rat Street

Jennifer stood there, looking at Jacob through the tinted shield of her helmet’s visor, waiting with a tense feeling in her gut for him to fire back. That was one thing she could usually rely on him for, she’d rather he speak his mind instead of just bottling up resentment for the future. Sure, she’d rather they get into it back at the Academy, away from the public and the Senshi, but if this team was going to work they needed to communicate. She didn’t have the benefit of being able to thumb through her teammates’ minds like some of them could, after all, and she wasn’t sure how much she’d trust unfiltered thought over what someone was willing to say anyway.

It wasn’t like she couldn’t invent reasons that Jacob might resent her. They couldn’t stand further apart from each other’s circumstances. Jacob developed powers spontaneously, he’d never had the choice of saying “no”, and they hadn’t come in pleasantly either. He’d worked hard to join the Academy, against his parents’ expectations no less. Even now that he was in the Academy, on the road to legitimacy, everything was new and he was having to acclimate to whole new expectations both from the school’s staff and the rest of the team. It had to feel like a mental pressure cooker, and now this life had imposed itself on his stomping grounds. Of course his blood was going to be up.

All that, and he was expected to take orders from the likes of Dynamic Savior: Phoenix, a cheerful girl in a garish pink uniform. She’d made the choice to take on the legacy, even if it was partly driven by knowing that not just anyone could take the job. She’d trained for it her whole life, her parents running her through scenarios and sharing with her the stories of their own adventures. She hadn’t had to do anything to be accepted into the Academy, right? It was just the next step in the natural progression of her life. What could she know about what he was going through?

Ultimately, she thought, it came down to a lack of trust. Maybe a mutual lack of trust. Yeah, it hurt that she’d thrown her plan without even considering it, but he had no reason to believe that she knew best. As for her, she’d undermined his plan just as swiftly, because she didn’t trust him to have thought things through, and didn’t believe his telekinetic powers could protect him against Glitter Heart’s offensive magic. They weren’t in sync, and it was messing up the team’s functionality in the field.

But still, Phoenix didn’t think about writing him off. The things he lacked could be taught, or learned the hard way. His moral compass, his passion for those victimized by others? Those were innate, they were the bedrock of a good hero. At least, she thought so. Phoenix was convinced that Jacob would go far … just as soon as he was willing to accept that he didn’t know everything yet, and that no one expected him to.

Heck, she was still learning, and she’d had years of head start.

“Wait—what?” Phoenix’s head whipped to the side, looking towards Lucky Ted and seeing him standing alone. Drat! She’d taken her eyes off the speedster for a second, and she hadn’t hesitated to take advantage of it. If Rave had just kept the battlefield isolated, they’d have been able to root her out in a minute or so, or at least she’d have tipped her hand when she’d smashed through the barrier. Instead, they were going to have to try and run down a speedster who could be going in any direction.

“Emp! You’re in charge here!” she said, grabbing Lyre Bird’s forearm tightly and twisting to look at Jacob. She pointed a finger at him.

“Check for trapped locals, please.” she said, knowing she didn’t have the time to explain her reasoning to him as that soft nimbus of pink light began to radiate off of her armor again. She didn’t know what Firefly’s top speed was … she didn’t really know what her own top speed was, but every fraction of a second counted if they were going to handle this problem. Avoiding this situation was exactly why she’d wanted to be the one to tackle Firefly. Scope was watching … hell, there was a chance Dynamic Savior: Comet was watching, and she honestly wasn’t sure whether it would be more embarrassing to lose Firefly now or have her snapped up by her smug senior Savior.

There was a sharp pull as Phoenix went from a standstill to full speed in a fraction of a second, the aura of power surrounding her protecting her reducing her to a pink blur as it sheered through air resistance.

“We need a high-speed search grid.” She called to Lyrebird, “You can read the pattern in my mind, right? Copy my powers and we can try and set up a parameter, reacquire her. If you can beam a thought to Rave, try and get her back into the equation, an eye in the sky will help.” If Lyrebrid’s range was really the issue, maybe they could make up for lost time … of course, if Firefly already had her escape route picked out it might be too late.

Going to try and spend 1 Team to boost Lyrebird's check to a 7
[18:53] <JusticeGrieves> !r 2d6+0
[18:53] <Krysmbot> JusticeGrieves, 6+0 = 6
You jinxed me, Aura!
Edit: Boosted to a 7, Phoenix asks "What Here Can I Use To Limit Firefly's Escape Options"

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 26, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

White Emperor nodded as Dynamic Savior Phoenix placed command in his hands. If he thought 'taking charge' of a team comprised only of Lucky Ted and Jacob was absurd, he didn't show it. Now was not the time for complaining, at least externally.

Still, something in her voice worried him. Nikolai also knew the pressure of having to constantly live up to other's expectations. The pain of failing due to feeling nervous, of feeling nervous due to being observed, and knowing that the observers would mark the failure in their hearts forever. Such was the agony of those who had legacies to inherit, or facades to maintain.

His hand fell to his sword, "'If you only have time to improvise, then improvise."' He quoted a conversation they'd had earlier, when Jennifer was showing him the basics of fencing in the school gym. She had brought up that the worst thing a swordsman can do in combat is to realize they don't have time to think, and then freeze as they try to think their way to safety. If there is no time to plan, then action must be taken without planning, it was as simple as that. The reason he was bringing up that conversation now should be obvious - to hesitate would lead to certain failure, to even think of failing would lead to certain failure.

Phoenix disappeared in a pink blur. White Emperor hoped she remembered the lesson she had taught him.

Spending our last team to boost Phoenix's roll from a 6 to a 7, avoiding a hard move and allowing her to ask one question from the Assess move list.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 26, 2017

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Well that... Could have gone a lot worse to Ted personally than he was actually expecting. Any day where Ted doesn't get the crap beaten out of him is a day well spent in Ted's eyes.

On the other hand though the person who now he knew had a very good reason to do grievous amounts of bodily harm to his friend... Acquaintance... Guy I kind of know, and was attempting to do so had fled on his watch and everyone was suddenly looking at him strangely. Ted broke eye contact for a moment, looking sheepish

"I tried talking to her... She ran off." He deescalated a conflict from becoming an out and out brawl so that was some help surely? But they were one magical princess short anyway... And it was supposed to be his. He hoped he wouldn't get raked over the coals for that. In that moment Phoenix, leader as she is begin regimenting the troops and firing off the search parties in all directions. Ted opened his mouth to tell her about what he had learned and... Paused.

What he knew was, Pointman had done something bad, and he was maybe in Rat Street. He didn't know why, he didn't know if it had anything to do with FENRIR, he didn't even know if he was being lied to. But something in his heart of hearts was preventing him from telling them this, despite everything he has ever said or done to Ted personally, he kind of admired Pointman. He was doing what Ted couldn't do a lot of the time, and no evidence at this point could persuade him that he is actually a bad guy. No way is that true.

But someone should know, if only so the search could be a little easier... And so Ted whilst Lyrebird and Phoenix were on search duty and White Emperor was dealing with the senshis, he sidled up crabwise to Jacob and took him gently by the shoulders. "I think I saw something in this alleyway we should go over here and investigate and don't attract attention this is very important right now." Ted rushed out, as he tried to carefully maneuver him out of sight for a moment.

When they were in the alleyway Ted turned to Jacob. "Hey Jacob, if I asked you to possibly keep a secret because it is very important no one else knows about this could you do it?"

"Because Firefly told me why the Blood Moon's were smashing up Rat Street before we arrived. And if what I was just told is true then we don't have much time."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 26, 2017

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

You know, maybe it is time to open up. Time to loving say something! When the hell has not calling someone out ever done anything, huh?!

"What, you don't think that's what I want?" I grumble, answering Phoenix's comment about 'wanting to see justice done.' I keep my eyes forward, focused on the ground in front of me, and don't look back at her. "Come on Jen, you should know it's not about that."

I turn around and look Phoenix in the face. Or in the Mask, I guess. "I mean- what, you expect me to believe you don't feel anything about how I just stepped all over your big, fancy plan?" I narrow my eyes and grin sarcastically at my own reflection in her visor. "Oh, I'm sure you rushed to drag me out of harm's way for no reason, huh? Before I could even do anything."

I shrug, in a display of faux-indifference. "Okay. Maybe you're not actually mad. You were just concerned, weren't you? That my big, dumb rear end was just stupid enough to walk in and just get blown the gently caress up. Clearly I must not know what I'm doing. Especially after last time, right? What a gently caress-up."

I give her a sardonic smile. "It's okay. It's what everyone else thinks, anyway. But if you're going to do that, don't expect me to care, alright? And don't give me bullshit lectures."

"And maybe- maybe, you could stop and actually let me do something for once, huh?"

Suddenly, there's a hand on my face. And before I know it, it's gone. "Hey, quit squabbling." I jerk my head around and see that it's Sun-hi. Oh, great. More of this, huh?

"Hey yourself!" I bark out out at her. But it's too late. By the time I react, she's well into the psychic zone. There's something going on about one of the Senshi going missing. Whatever.

And then a little bit later, when it becomes clear that not only are they gone, but we don't even know where the hell they are, Jennifer goes into a bit of a frenzy, and then she points a finger at me. “Check for trapped locals, please.” There's an emphasis on the word, 'please.' Like she actually cares about what I think, for once. And then she's gone. In the same pink blur that probably knocked me off my feet during that fight.

"...Tch." Like hell I am. I mean- I know it's important, but- what, you expect me to just get obedient after some lecture? I'll just get someone else to do it-

And then there's a set of hands on my shoulders. I turn my head around and see... Ted? He says to me, "I think I saw something in this alleyway we should go over here and investigate and don't attract attention this is very important right now."

What the hell? I give him a weird, confused look. But I don't say anything. It's not like I'm dumb enough to try to ruin this. Being suspicious and trying not to draw attention is at least something I get, y'know? I can do that.

"Hey Jacob, if I asked you to possibly keep a secret because it is very important no one else knows about this could you do it?"

"Yeah," I say, quickly and quietly. "I can keep a secret. I can keep all kinds of secrets." And then I give him a serious look. The kind of look that says 'you can tell me anything.' Secrets are important, alright? "You alright? What's up?"

"Because Firefly told me why the Blood Moon's were smashing up Rat Street before we arrived. And if what I was just told is true then we don't have much time."

"Oh." At first I feel a little relieved. The way he pulled me aside, I was expecting something personal. But wait- poo poo! If Ted pulled me aside to talk about the loving mission, then this must be serious! I lean in a little bit closer.

"Wait, 'not much time'? The gently caress's going on, Ted?"

Runaway's Questions:

• what do you want me to do?

Jacob wants to hear from someone that what he did wasn't dumb and that he's not an idiot. Right now he's getting the sense that everyone seems to think it was dumb, and that he is an idiot. He's acting like he's not bothered by it, but he clearly is. You probably shouldn't lie to him, though. There's a decent chance that would probably backfire.

• how could I get your character to --- accept what happen in this fight as a personal victory, even if the authorities we serve disagree?

The main thing keeping him from accepting this fight as a personal victory is how he feels that Phoenix thinks he's an idiot. Jacob started this fight by putting himself right in the center of the fight and then immediately got dragged away to safety. Now he feels like he's being indirectly lectured for it.

Your earlier comment about "plan maker and plan breaker working together" didn't work because he doesn't feel like he's working together with Phoenix at all. He feels like any credit being given to her is at his expense right now.

• how could I gain Influence over you?

There's another side to Jacob that you know about, that it doesn't seem like anyone else does. I don't even need to tell you about it -- you already know. Jacob is secretly a huge nerd that cares a lot about Rose Princess Noriko and the dramatic and emotional themes within. Remember when he just went on for what felt like hours about how much he loved the tragic themes of the Dark Mirror arc?

If you wanted to get closer to him... well, as Judith it wouldn't problem at all. If you wanted to. If you wanted to stay as Nikolai, though, it'd be more of a challenge but there's no reason it'd be impossible.

Now that you think about it, Jacob doesn't actually have any friends at this school, does he? He seems to friendly with one of the instructors, Athena, but that doesn't really count. Even if you don't want to blow your cover enough to talk about anime, he could probably use someone to relax around and blow off steam with.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Okay good, that's the little hurdle out of the way then. Jacob's powers could detect the nervousness radiating off of Ted. "You know Pointman right? The guy in full black combat gear in our Superheroic Law class? And the one who you saw punch me the other day?"

"I asked Firefly why Glitter Heart was going berserk, and she told me one of their number got hurt real bad by Pointman recently, and now she's on touch and go life support in the hospital. They're out for revenge."

"And she said they heard he was here for... Some reason I'm unsure why he would be here today but look. Do you know what he, like, feels like? Like, psychic wise?" Asked Ted tentatively, he'd admit he wasn't entirely sure how Jacob's powers work.

"Could you sense him if he was around here somewhere I mean."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Wait, are you loving serious?" I blink at Ted. It doesn't sound real. I don't want it to sound real. But there's no way he's joking, is there? "loving life support?"

"gently caress!" I shout, probably louder than I should. And I kick the wall. All it does it make my foot hurt. "No loving wonder!" It loving explains a lot, doesn't it?! Now I feel kind of like an rear end in a top hat for this whole fight...

"Okay, you said it was Pointman?" I look back at Ted. "I kind of know what is brain feels like... so I guess I can try." I mean, I've never really tried to look for someone that far away, but-

No. I'm going to do this. Who the gently caress cares if I haven't tried before?

"...I'm gonna do it." I give Ted a serious nod. "Just stay quiet."

I close my eyes and start to concentrate. All that poo poo doesn't matter now. It's just noise that I have to shut out so I can do this.

And then I start whispering under my breath, "Shut up brain, shut up brain, shut up brain..." I whisper these words again and again, just to drown out all that emotional noise from before.

Okay, now where is that rear end in a top hat?

<Takanago> Jacob unleashes his powers to track down Pointman
<Takanago> !r 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 7+0 = 7
Effect is unstable/temporary

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

White Emperor

Volt's entire face is shining like a bright, red, beacon from your advances, "I! W-w-well! Y-y-y-ya s-s-see!" She stammers out.

"That's our business," interjects Aqua, who is crouching beside her downed leader, "Besides, what difference does it make if we tell you? It won't change anything. We're going to jail either way either way, so telling you anything would be a waste of everybody's time," Aqua turns her head to look at you, "And don't give me that "law" crap. The hell has the "law" ever done for us?"

Volt sighs, and looks at you with an apologetic look, "...Yea, sorry. I get that ya mean well an' all, but... we don't exactly have the best luck with the law."

Soon afterwords, Phoenix, along with Lyrebird, spring into action to find the missing. "Hah! Good luck!" says a now-conscious Glitter Heart, who's being lifted up by the shoulder by Aqua, "There's a reason she's called "The Blazing Comet." Yer gonna need more than two speedsters to catch up ta her!"

"Oh, hey boss," says Volt, "Sorry about, uh," she rubs the back of her neck nervously, "Th' whole electrocuting you thing."

Glitter Heart gives Volt a really mean look. She opens her mouth, and is about ready to throw more nasty expletives at her fellow teammate, but she stops herself. She takes a deep breath, and says, in a surprisingly (for her) calm voice, "...Yea, whatever. Water under the bridge an' all that." Whatever anger that was there is gone now, and now Glitter Heart just looks... sad.

You're pretty sure, from just looking at their faces, that the remaining Senshi have pretty much given up, and they're not going to be fighting back anytime soon. They've accepted their fate, and are now waiting to be taken away for what they've done. This should be a huge victory for you and your team, you did stop (most) of the badguys, after all, but it all just feels... hollow.

You hear Jacob, from the alleyway where he's talking to Ted, swear REALLY loudly. Wow, what got him riled up all of a sudden? Well, more riled up than usual, anyways. Do you think you should go check up on him and Ted, see what they found? It doesn't look like the Senshi will make any attempts at escaping if you leave them, but you never know. Can you trust them to behave?

What do you do?

Lucky Ted

It's almost hard to believe, isn't it? Pointman may be a lot of things, but he isn't the type of person who would hurt somebody for seemingly no reason. It can't actually be him... can it? It has to be a mistake. Maybe somebody is posing themselves as Pointman, and trying to ruin his reputation. That has to be it... right?

But... what if it is him? What if he really did do it? Is this something you really want to know? What will you do if everything Firefly says is true, or is that something you don't want to think about?

What do you do?

Jacob

It's hard, shutting out all the noise, all the emotions. So many strong emotions, so many strong feelings! Anger, guilt, sadness, pain! So much pain! Why does it hurt so much!? it's almost too much for you to handle! It feels like your head is about to explode! There's so much NOISE! Why can't everybody just SHUT UP!?

...But you did it. Somehow, you managed to push past all the noise, and the pain, and you've managed to find him, the person you were looking for. Pointman, or at least, who you think might be Pointman.

There's a bar near where you are called The Hound's Pit. He's there, or at least, you think he's there. You're not really sure.

What do you do?

The pressure is really on now. This whole mission was your chance to prove to everybody that you're team is more than a bunch of screw-ups, that you're all capable of functioning like a real team, and yet, somehow, something always goes wrong. Do you blame yourself for this?

quote:

"What Here Can I Use To Limit Firefly's Escape Options"

If you can lead Firefly into the alleyways, it'll make it harder for her to escape. The alleyways in Rat Street are tricky to navigate, especially at the speed she's going at, so she won't be able to run as fast as she usually could.

Lyrebird

It's a little tricky at first, but you somehow manage to get an approximation on where Firefly is. She's still somewhere close by, not far from where you are. You figure it shouldn't take long for you and Phoenix to find her if you both work together.

There's also another thing you sense from her; anger, but it's not the same type of anger that you felt from Glitter Heart earlier. Firefly's anger is more focused, more subdued. The anger isn't directed at you, or your team, but something else. What could it be? Could it be the reason for the Senshi's rampage? You're not sure.

Also, Rave's been gone a while, hasn't she? Are you worried about her? She looked really upset about something. Or is now not the time to worry about that?

What do you do?

Rave

While you're making your way to the Bilröst's location, you spot Firefly below you by herself. It looks like she's managed to escape your team somehow. You see her standing there, looking around the area, as if she's searching for something. Hm, maybe this is a good time to let off some steam, don't you think? And it'd be a perfect way to show everybody how to properly take down a villain! Or you could just ignore her, and continue on your way. Still, it's obvious she might be giving your team some trouble if she managed to get past all 5 of them somehow. Maybe you're the only one who could actually take her on?

What do you do?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Potential:1/5, Conditions:Angry, Location:Somewhere Downtown

Suckerless Verad pups they were, then! How would they ever devour stray thoughts being so harmless, these erstwhile charges of mine? There was one of the enemies, loose and on her own.

Thankfully, just like everyone else, she had ignored me entirely and was thus primed to be destroyed. The fool.

My friend, back home, E'hl Ess'dhee, always had a way about her. She had a favorite turn of phrase whenever we played children's games like 'subjugate the second-dimensional hierarchs' or 'Earth Invaders'.

"Overwhelming force is the best sort of force."

I didn't so much announce my presence as drop from the sky, following a sledgehammer of coruscating lights and sharp spikes of mental pain and confusion. I have encountered the effects at some of the raves I have been to. Someone on a bad acid trip - a bad reaction to the blotters and the lights and the music. Well, I could help there. Give this little firefly the worst acid trip of her life. She'd react, certainly, and I would probably even feel it - the limited form of 'magic' that this group of Terrans had stumbled into meant they could scratch the surface a bit, but it was worth it. Invited, even. I'd disable this threat and then decide on my next move.

<LifeGetsWorser> anyway, let's fail a roll
<LifeGetsWorser> directly engaging firefly
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 9-1 = 8
* LifeGetsWorser sideeyes krysmbot
<Auraboks> See, that wasn't so bad.
<Hugzilla> haha
<LifeGetsWorser> I'm onto your schemes, krysmbot

Hey I'd like to Impress/Surprise/Frighten Firefly after the exchange of blows, please.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 27, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Man, this is a bummer.

It almost makes me wish that giant-mutant-wolf thing would show up again. Sure, it was loving terrifying, and trying to actually fight it probably would’ve gotten me chewed to bits, but at least it was an enemy that we could feel good beating up! Despite the fact that we pretty much trounced the Senshi in combat; the victory we gained doesn’t really feel… victorious. The Senshi just look… defeated, but not in the sense of ‘we defeated them and they're angry about it’. They look like they just realized they failed at something they promised themselves not to fail at, and are forcing themselves to swallow that bitter pill. They aren’t even cursing me for foiling them! They aren’t acting like villains, and I… I don’t feel like a hero.

Speaking of heroes, where the gently caress did my team go? Rave just up and left – okay, she’s an alien, who knows what mysterious motives she has. Phoenix and Lyrebird took off after Firefly – makes sense, although I wish Phoenix had settled things with Jacob, instead of leaving that to simmer. But now Ted and Jacob have run off to an alleyway to, to, to loving what? Talk about how hot the Senshi are and how great their nails are (seriously those nails are superb)!?! They left me outnumbered three to one! Oh, that was Jacob, swearing loudly, like always. loving boys!

… no. Calm yourself, Judith. Use deductive reasoning. Lucky Ted is a lot of things – athletic, righteous, handsome – but he isn’t a flake. He wouldn’t have drawn Jacob away unless it relates to the mission, and since he probably (hopefully) doesn’t have any reason to mistrust Nikolai, the people he wants to keep out of the loop are the Senshi. He knows something, and he doesn’t want them to know what he knows. What I need to do is distract them, so that I can speak with him away from their sight --- how to do that? Maybe… if I give them something to talk about… It’s a bad idea, but I don’t really have time to think. Improvise, right?

Still, the fact remains that S.i.G.M.A. Squad isn’t really acting to the Academy’s Ideals of Teamwork, and if Scope is actually observing us…

Nah, gently caress Scope.

I’ve sacrificed a lot of things to be a hero, and I won’t sacrifice anything more just to please the whims of some rear end in a top hat adult. What possible reason could he have for picking on me--- on Nikolai--- so much? I bet it’s something stupid like ‘I don’t like how his hair is the same color blonde as mine’. Bleh, just thinking about him is unpleasant.

-----

White Emperor watched as Aqua and Glitter Heart entered the scene. He actively refused to let his hand fall anywhere near his sword; keeping the possibility of violence away from anyone’s mind. He observed their acceptance of defeat with a neutral expression, “Well, I am saddened to hear your distrust of the law, but I’m sure you have your reasons.” He takes a flip phone out of his pocket. Compact and durable, perfect for hero work. “Still,” his eyes catch Volt’s, “I’d like to give you my number, so that you may contact me if you feel it’s necessary, and,” he shifts a bit closer to the electric Senshi, “I’d like yours as well.”

Whether his request was accepted or rejected, White Emperor plays it off with an easy laugh. That should give the Senshi something to talk about. The sound of Jacob cursing echos through the air. Seeing Glitter Heart wince at that voice, White Emperor tilt’s his head towards the source. “Ah, perhaps my comrades have found something in the rubble.” He intones loudly, “I’d best check on them.” With that, he begins to head towards the alleyway in that awkward long-walk people use when they want to run but can’t. After three seconds of that, he turns back towards the Senshi, “Don’t go anywhere, please.” and shifts up his pace to an honest jog.

-----

Nikolai enters the alleyway with an irritated look on his face, “What are you two doing? You left me outnumbered three to one, and if Scope is actually watching us, he’d...” Nikolai suddenly pauses, and places the fingers on his right hand on the bridge of his nose.

“gently caress Scope.” He mutters under his breath, but still loud enough for his two teammates to hear.

His hand moves up from his nose to his hair, tussling it up in a thoughtless manner, “Look, that doesn’t matter. Time is limited. Probably. What matters is --- what’s going on? Why this?” He gestures to the alleyway, honest curiosity on his face.

Asking for those digits, and also asking for a heads up on the possible DARK CONSPIRACY??!?? we’re kind of sort of unraveling.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Ted looked like a the world's saddest puppy as he got his telling off from White Emperor. "Sorry Nikolai, I thought this was something that shouldn't have been said in front of the Senshis."

He leaned in quietly and in a low voice said. "We are trying to find the person who may or may not be responsible for this rampage, and I am just waiting on Jacob for an answer of where said person is."

"Have the Senshis told you anything about why they did this? Because I know the answer and it's something I'd rather not say until I know more... I mean, unless you tell me to, I just feel really uncomfortable about it right now."

Ted shuffled his feet, White Emperor had that face that made you want to tell him things. "It's... It's Pointman. Pointman beat up Glitter Heart's friend real bad, and they think he's here somewhere and that's why they were smashing the street up. But I have no idea why he would do such a thing, that's not Pointman, that's never been Pointman."

And it has never been Pointman. But, for all of Ted's talk about how much he knows what Pointman would and wouldn't do, he kept to himself and Ted didn't know if he had any friends in the school himself. He was an enigma, and just when Ted thought he knew the man, this happens. Was this kind of brutality beneath the surface the whole time? Is this truly just someone out to make him look bad? What did he know about him really?

But what Ted learned from Justicar in his early days of heroing was that when you were trying to get to the bottom of a dark and twisty crime where you were never sure who was the villain and who were the heroes, or even if there were any heroes or villains at all, is that the truth is everything. No matter what lies at the end, and how much you dread the answer, you have to learn the truth. Because even a harsh truth is better then a soft lie.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 1, 2017

• Locked thread